• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well today is officially the first day of summer.

Im ready to melt.
dac15_sad.gif

Kater

Banned
Reading my post again, I realized it was a bit ambiguous. I did actually go there. See the rest of this post.
That sounds like quite the bad time, shame it wasn't how you might have imagined it. :/ I think Sub_Boss gave you good advice, the people that met there probably know each other for some time now. So you gotta do the same like everyone else has to and socialize in meetups or at bars. I'm sure you can find some meetup for queer nerds in Vienna, it's quite a big, diverse city.

The LGBT DISHONORED 2 thread is a mess
ikr

Urgh, straight people

Dishonored who?
^
Hope they get banned.

;)

Monocle

Hey you guys I heard there's going to be several straight characters in the next Dishonored game. Not sure how a feel about it. What if they're stereotypical and shallow? Generically attractive and capable, accepted for who they are without ever having to explain or justify themselves...you know the type.

Who among us hasn't had this experience many times?

Tuck

Hey you guys I heard there's going to be several straight characters in the next Dishonored game. Not sure how a feel about it. What if they're stereotypical and shallow? Generically attractive and capable, accepted for who they are without ever having to explain or justify themselves...you know the type.

Couldn't you only have that experience once?

Unless you run away and remain a virgin, I suppose lol.

Dany

Banned
In 57 days I'll have my masters. Still TBD on where in the country cutie and I are going to live. It's all daunting, the idea of starting again, but I'm so excited to do so.

Kevyt

In 57 days I'll have my masters. Still TBD on where in the country cutie and I are going to live. It's all daunting, the idea of starting again, but I'm so excited to do so.

You're moving to a different country? Congrats on the masters!

Edit: oh wait, I just re-read your post. :p

Honestly I don't see why they need to shove diversity down our throats. Why does sexuality even need to come up in a game?

Seeing all the posts here activated my "well, if it's that bad I should go take a look" reaction.

Ignorance. Just ignorance all over the place.

berzeli

Banned
That thread did give us a truly amazing post though:
I was completely grossed out by Uncharted 4 artificially forcing Drake's sexual orientation into the story with the completely unnecessary scenes of cohabitation with Elena. At first I thought hey, maybe this is normal and they're just good friends, saving money on rent. But NOPE. Predictably, the writers, who are obviously trying to score virtue points with the heterosexual agenda, had to get into the entire straight marriage controversy.

I mean the game was okay so I kept playing for a few hours. But again and again, Drake's straight marriage to a woman was referenced, I think like every other cutscene. I just gave the fuck up and returned this shit to Gamestop. At this rate in five years we're going to have every game be a platform for heterosexuals (Why ARE heterosexuals so obsessed with sex? I mean I'm not against their lifestyle choice or anything, but don't they realize normal people don't build their identity around their sexual orientation?)

And just to be clear, I'm fine with well written straights, provided they are written by straight writers only and represent a meaningful examination of the hetero struggle. Which is why so much of this stuff just comes off as checklist fodder. A game that was about the hetero experience would be one thing. Husbands and wives in something like Uncharted is another, and is unavoidably forced.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I'm so excited for you. Maybe it's because I'll also be wrapping up my degree soon and will be starting again somewhere (sans my own cutie, though). But aaaaaahhh! Congrats and good luck! Keep us posted.

Killed it.

KmA

I loooooooooooove this omg. But tbh I'm so over heterosexual romance in the media it's the most boring form of story telling there is. Give me more of that Soso/Poussey type of romance please.

theecakee

You all know any careers or organizations (besides the HRC) that work around LGBT related stuff...and would need some sort of Computer Science major (also a Geography/GIS minor)? I wouldn't mind doing something out of my major though.

More specifically, helping LGBT people in foreign homophobic countries where it may be punishable by death? To seek asylum or such. I read stories about people in that situation. Makes me upset, how help can't really do much anything to help them.

Idk just an idea for a career I had, and wanted to see if there are options. Feel like doing something like that would be pretty fulfilling rather than working on something boring that isn't useful or helpful to most people.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
You all know any careers or organizations (besides the HRC) that work around LGBT related stuff...and would need some sort of Computer Science major (also a Geography/GIS minor)? I wouldn't mind doing something out of my major though.

More specifically, helping LGBT people in foreign homophobic countries where it may be punishable by death? To seek asylum or such. I read stories about people in that situation. Makes me upset, how help can't really do much anything to help them.

Idk just an idea for a career I had, and wanted to see if there are options. Feel like doing something like that would be pretty fulfilling rather than working on something boring that isn't useful or helpful to most people.

This could be me misremembering, but...: ACLU focuses on American issues, but I believe they've done work with refugees trying to come to the US from Latin America. It's possible they also do LGBT refugee cases as well.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Should I go to pride? Is it a good place to meet guys?

I'd say it's too crowded to really make friends unless you happen to see someone who is also looking for friends. If you're just looking for a hookup (which could turn into something more), I'm sure there are lots of opportunities via random meetings during the day and probably in particular at parties/clubs at night.

Sai-kun

Banned
This is why I thought you were being a little too quick to judge beforehand. It might take time, but free speech will always be struck down and purged in the end if it dares to show any resistance to the LGBT thought police.

i dont know what this post is

Crayons

Banned
Plenty of gay and bi guys. Its up to you to interact with them (Then again there will probably be guys that will interact with you if you give them the opportunity)

I'd say it's too crowded to really make friends unless you happen to see someone who is also looking for friends. If you're just looking for a hookup (which could turn into something more), I'm sure there are lots of opportunities via random meetings during the day and probably in particular at parties/clubs at night.

hmm, I might give it a shot. I'm not the assertive type, I'd wait for guys to approach me. I am looking for a potential relationship

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
hmm, I might give it a shot. I'm not the assertive type, I'd wait for guys to approach me. I am looking for a potential relationship

I wouldnt look for relationships at pride event. Its a bit hectic but you might have some random conversations with people around the area and maybe hook up if you know where to look. Still give it a try since a change like that in terms of environment should be nice.

DOWN

Banned
This is why I thought you were being a little too quick to judge beforehand. It might take time, but free speech will always be struck down and purged in the end if it dares to show any resistance to the LGBT thought police.
???

can you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom