• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's not on Netflix, so I guess this doesn't really help, but I just finished watching The Night Manager, which was fantastic. It maybe didn't build the tension quite as high as I might have hoped, but it was a good spy story, the acting was great, the locations and cinematography were amazing, and there was some bare-naked Tom Hiddleston ass; what's not to love?

yes

Also, anyone on the UK/FR/NL versions of Netflix needs to go watch Utopia (UK). The first season, though a bit brutal in places, is the tautest, most original thriller I've seen in years, and it too sports some really cool super saturated comic book/Suspiria-esque visuals.

yes

Yall are so unique and important. I love you all.

<3

If you're all unique doesn't that mean that you're not unique?

Lemme break this down in an even more gay manner: Look at the Sailor Scouts. They are all unique, special and the motherfucking shit in their own way.

Fuck have they gone back and fixed Crystal's janky animation yet? Cause I need more Sailor Moon in my life.

Kater

Banned
tumblr_nm36doFhCU1rwjimpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nm36doFhCU1rwjimpo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o7patluyFy1rwjimpo3_1280.jpg
x

Cutie o_o;

Not sure, but it does seem kind of active, yeah.
There's quite a lot of people looking for friends and relationships, but indeed, most users are looking for hookups.
Very surprised it's still active. It seemed like the best place to hook up back then tho (2010)

Awwww Sai.<3 you too!

Ambitious

Searching for a psychotherapist at the moment. Things have to change. I'm ruining my life.

Found something called the Psychological Counseling Center. They offer several free services specifically for students, including psychotherapy. Gonna go there tomorrow.

I also learned that there's actually a LGBT meetup in my university from time to time. Well, it's kind of new: So far there have been only two. The next one is on Wednesday. I should go there, but I'm scared that my social anxiety will lead to yet another disaster.

Wasn't particularly fruitful. Talked to a doctor for almost an hour and explained my situation, and she agreed that I should look for a psychotherapist (The PCC itself doesn't actually offer them). But at least she gave me a few names and addresses.

x

Cutie o_o;

Very surprised it's still active. It seemed like the best place to hook up back then tho (2010)

Awwww Sai.<3 you too!

Sure, I guess it's fine for quick, casual hookups. But that's not what I'm looking for at the moment.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How the fuck do you fix your sleeping schedule. I messed up and absolutely destroyed mine... :l

Apparently blinking quickly for a minute or two helps you feel tired. Other thing is make sure to cover anything that generates light at night as it can be fooling your eyes and mind (phone, computer, etc) and listen to Honeymoon

Ambitious

There's a construction site right next to my apartment. I'm seriously going insane here.
There's a small digger passing by my window fucking non-stop. Up and down and up and down and up and down, and I'm so goddamn sick of the engine noise. And I'm already wearing earplugs.

Well, at least they're not fucking drilling on my goddamn wall anymore, like they did two weeks ago. My apartment was shaking! And I was trying to write a scientific paper. Yeah, I'm having a great time. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention that these assholes are also waking me up every single morning with their fucking digger and their yelling.

There's a construction site right next to my apartment. I'm seriously going insane here.
There's a small digger passing by my window fucking non-stop. Up and down and up and down and up and down, and I'm so goddamn sick of the engine noise. And I'm already wearing earplugs.

Well, at least they're not fucking drilling on my goddamn wall anymore, like they did two weeks ago. My apartment was shaking! And I was trying to write a scientific paper. Yeah, I'm having a great time. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention that these assholes are also waking me up every single morning with their fucking digger and their yelling.

I know your pain, well sorta. I used to live in this area years ago and they were fixing up a house I lived literally across from. They kept shouting, the hammering and the drill was just too much and their music were unbearably loud and obnoxious, they always started working on it early in the morning too.

It lasted through out summer.

Alavard

Man that sucks. I had a similar experience years ago. My parents got one of the first lots in a new development, and there were new houses going up around us all the time. But the development was on huge sheets of bedrock, so they had huge machinery hammering into the rock before they could dig the foundations. It wouldn't have been so bad if my room at the time hadn't been in the basement, on level with where all the hammering was along the street.

Golnei

The only thing that's ever worked for me is to stay up through the night and then go to bed at a regular time the next day.

The ratio between the times I've done that and the times where it's been remotely successful is not an encouraging statistic.

3phemeral

The only thing that's ever worked for me is to stay up through the night and then go to bed at a regular time the next day.

The ratio between the times I've done that and the times where it's been remotely successful is not an encouraging statistic.

I agree. I tried this a few times and I think it actually worked....once. The rest of them I just couldn't handle anymore. I end up knocking out by noon, taking a nap in my car during lunch and still not being enough to re-energize me, or downing coffee every few minutes to help me up.

The other bad habit is if I'm successful in keeping myself awake until the next night, I'm suddenly awake and refreshed come 11 pm and then end up staying up until 5am again.

Such a viscous cycle.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I really feel you. I've been going to the gym pretty regularly since about October of last year and I generally feel pretty unsatisfied with where I'm at constantly despite coming so far from where I was at the time. I've been off grindr and scruff for the past few weeks and that has helped but I still feel... inadequate I guess?

Like fundamentally I know that I shouldn't be this superficial. I know that the need to be muscular and fit is a socially constructed view of attraction and I should just focus on being a good person... but it's hard you know? I wish I didn't value how much men view me sexually but unfortunately I do and I don't know how to stop it.

But I do like going to the gym sometimes. I've always been really small so it's nice feeling like I'm actually a bit strong for once in my life.

(Sorry if I made your post about myself)

No need to apologize! I wanted to hear from you all.

I wrote my post from the perspective of realizing that, after years of going to the gym consistently, no matter how much I eat or how I exercise, I can't undo or hide a "congenital deformity" (thanks Wikipedia...). So I was mostly dealing with a feeling of futility. October isn't too far in the past, so if you keep at it, you should continue to see results. It's hard to accept your "work-in-progress" stage as potentially being the final one, but just being healthy should potentially be enough.

It is definitely hard to move away from that constructed view of attraction—I've been trying to do it when I look at others and myself.

I can relate to the "strong" thing. Someone I knew never really went to the gym, and I had a few opportunities to see/feel how much stronger I was than them. I actually couldn't believe how different our strength levels were. It made me realize how much progress I'd made from what could be my starting point.

I feel you, kirby. I've been lifting for a few years and still feel so far from the goal body that I want. Once in a while, on a good day, I'll think I look okay. Otherwise, it's a challenge. I'm working toward accepting my body for what it is and trying not to compare myself to others.

Acceptance is hard. I remember from the photos you posted that you already looked impressive! Keep up the good work, but remember that you've already got some fans where you're at. :) Not that external validation should be relevant to personal satisfaction, of course.

Yeah I'm not going to fight my frame, being trim af is the more attainable build for me (I'm tall and thin). Going for that half-elf swag basically.

I think making decisions within a fairly narrow set of limitations can actually make them more meaningful. If we could just decide anything we wanted (how we looked, or what our capabilities are, or whatever) then none of our decisions about that would really mean anything. Choices don't have meaning because they happen in a vacuum, if anything it seems to be the opposite.

Ah, half-elf could be a good look.

Yeah, I do like the idea of optimization within circumstances, and I realize that my challenge is accepting my limitations. Not being happy with the ones I've been given does make me wonder which limitations I'd be happy with.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Seattle put in permanent rainbow crosswalks at the four borders of our gayborhood last year, but they got really gross and dirty after about two days. Didn't even bother to clean them for Pride this year!

Ambitious

Found something called the Psychological Counseling Center. They offer several free services specifically for students, including psychotherapy. Gonna go there tomorrow.

I also learned that there's actually a LGBT meetup in my university from time to time. Well, it's kind of new: So far there have been only two. The next one is on Wednesday. I should go there, but I'm scared that my social anxiety will lead to yet another disaster.

Yeah. I'm gonna attend. It's gonna be fine.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
When will BBUS?

tumblr_o9gr2aVklA1v9roxto5_250.gif

tumblr_o9gr2aVklA1v9roxto2_400.gif

What is happening here...?

Yeah. I'm gonna attend. It's gonna be fine.

Yes, it will. Something to remember is that no matter how important your anxiety or shyness makes the event seem, it's not important. It's a small blip in your life, and there are tons of opportunities like this out there. It's okay if it is boring or unsuccessful or whatever. I know it can really be hard to get one's head into thinking that way (and that even if you do convince yourself of it, it might not last), but try to remind yourself of that.

Soooooo just a quick update, in case anyone cares

That girl I've been with is really awesome. We're basically spending the whole weekend together and I'm just like...really happy. We're not official yet, but I can feel it going there.

I talked to my mom about it (idk if you remember but she seemed really iffy about me liking girls) and she's like, really supportive. I don't know. I'm just in a good place and wanted to share.

That girl I've been with is really awesome. We're basically spending the whole weekend together and I'm just like...really happy. We're not official yet, but I can feel it going there.

I talked to my mom about it (idk if you remember but she seemed really iffy about me liking girls) and she's like, really supportive. I don't know. I'm just in a good place and wanted to share.
Yay, im glad it is going well.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
All the Canadians' posts in this thread make me want to move to Canada.

#tbt to the only sober picture bae and i took on sunday. Drunk for 12 hours #yolo

:O :D We have so many cute couples in this thread. #relationshipgoals

fxfhErB.gif

Wooo! Sounds like things are going great. :)

JCX

<3 Sai

Acceptance is hard. I remember from the photos you posted that you already looked impressive! Keep up the good work, but remember that you've already got some fans where you're at. :) Not that external validation should be relevant to personal satisfaction, of course.

Thanks :) I wish my brain weren't dumb so I could see it too. I look at pictures from a year ago and still look the same to me.

#tbt to the only sober picture bae and i took on sunday. Drunk for 12 hours #yolo

So cute!

Why are all the hot scruff dudes who message me hundreds of miles away! They can't all be bots, right?

IvorB

I've been regularly going to the gym for quite some time now, and while I'm not some buff muscle god or even a "jock," I've been feeling pretty good about where I'm at. In fact, a couple days ago, while looking in the mirror, I thought, "kirbyfan, you're almost there. Some areas still need a good amount of work, but other parts are basically as good as it gets." So that's cool. But the problem was that I realized that my "good as it gets" areas were still far from my ideal (and the public narrative's idea of what looks good) and that it's simply impossible for me to ever achieve that without some really intense (and thus, not an option) surgery. That makes me feel a bit defeated. I go through periods of being okay with it and just resolving to be the best that I can be, but sometimes it's hard to accept that my best would never be a body you'd see in a movie, TV show, or magazine (or maybe even certain gay apps or environments). I'm currently in the latter state of mind, and hopefully I'll return to the former soon.

Do you all ever have issues with the potential of your body and genetics? How have you come to terms with it?

I'm realizing personal peace (with identity, body, being, self, family, the world, etc.) is one of the most difficult but probably most rewarding sentiments to hold.

I don't know your personal situation but I find it hard to believe you can't improve those areas if you train harder. Most guys who are training look at themselves in the mirror and see areas they wish were better. Even guys with amazing bodies see their faults and that's what motivates them to keep training. So don't be disheartened into thinking that surgery is the answer.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know your personal situation but I find it hard to believe you can't improve those areas if you train harder. Most guys who are training look at themselves in the mirror and see areas they wish were better. Even guys with amazing bodies see their faults and that's what motivates them to keep training. So don't be disheartened into thinking that surgery is the answer.

It's a congenital skeletal issue, so surgery is unfortunately the only answer (and honestly not really an option for me at this point). I definitely try to remain grounded, though, with what I can change. And I very much believe that there's very little I can't change or do if I put my mind to it and try my best, so I'm certainly all about not giving up!
It has worked for most things in my life but was a rather big mess when I applied that thinking to my sexuality. :p
I do my best to achieve what I want, which I believe is all I can do with fitness. :)

IvorB

It's a congenital skeletal issue, so surgery is unfortunately the only answer (and honestly not really an option to me at this point). I definitely try to remain grounded, though, with what I can change. And I very much believe that there's very little I can't change or do if I put my mind to it and try my best, so I'm certainly all about not giving up!
It has worked for most things in my life but was a rather big mess when I applied that thinking to my sexuality. :p
I do my best to achieve what I want, which I believe is all I can do with fitness. :)

Oh okay. I'm sorry to hear that. I thought you meant cosmetic surgery to be honest. Glad to hear you're not giving up!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom