• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

The original question I asked was in response to a mention of "European features." As an American, one of the generalized distinctions I've seen/heard made between American and European men is that American-born men are often cut (I think it's somewhat of a norm/hospital default here?) while European-born men are often not. I was asking if the comments about European features pandering to gays were a commentary on the ways in which white men (typically equated with men of European descent) are commonly presented to gay and bisexual men as the image of attractiveness or if it was a reference to uncircumsized male genitalia. The latter meaning would imply a preference (perhaps a general one if it were pandering), which brings us to the present and my second question asking if people had a preference.

This concludes my very long explanation.

Ah, okay.

I was confused about the medical procedures part of your question, lol.

Rayis

Do male-attracted people here have a significant (as in, make-or-break) preference when it comes to cut vs. uncut?

I give no fucks about dicks, just give me a masculine figure that I find attractive.

The obsession with dicks is weird to me, just know how to use your tool and that is all I need.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks again for all the replies. Seems like a pretty even split here. I wonder if that's representative of the larger population.

I want to promote BlueBadger's thread in OT that I just saw. Our BB found a video on YouTube of which a brief part is him singing with Michael Bublé! It's so cool! He gets to sing part of one of my favorite songs.

Based on what I've seen on grindr, some do.

I don't. Though I prefer cut. Looks nicer.

Just think [uncut] looks nicer. This is all moot though since I haven't had any yet anyways

thisisneogaf.gif :p

I think I do unfortunately, but it's due to some weird experiences I've had in the past combined with limited exposure to one versus another.

I imagine that exposure plays a big role, given how exposure impacts our other feelings of attractiveness and comfort.

Slightly unrelated, but I wonder how often people have a preference for something different from what they have vs. the same.

I give no fucks about dicks, just give me a masculine figure that I find attractive.

The obsession with dicks is weird to me, just know how to use your tool and that is all I need.

Mostly how I feel. Maybe I'm inexperienced, but I couldn't tell you what makes them good or bad or why people like dick pics.

mantidor

Sex dreams where first you have a development and see people from the internet and people you know together and interacting like they knew each other is such an odd thing. The sex in the dream was god tier tbh.
I'm feeling like I'm in the Sahara desert with my thirst these last few days.

I hate my erotic dreams because usually something or someone is getting in the way, it's all teasing or crushes uurgh. I'm much, much luckier in real life :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I hate my erotic dreams because usually something or someone is getting in the way, it's all teasing or crushes uurgh. I'm much, much luckier in real life :p

Lol it was weird watching people I know in person, gaffers and people
I thrist for
from tumblr.

Kevyt

- "Ewww you're uncut??"
- "Yeah, my parents didn't want a doctor to mutilate my genitalia when I was born"

Whether its female or male genital circumcision, in my book, it's genital mutilation; such an archaic and backwards-minded practice.

Truly disgusting. I just can't... ugh.

Lol it was weird watching people I know in person, gaffers and people
I thrist for
from tumblr.

Fess up. You were dreaming about DOWN weren't you.

- "Ewww you're uncut??"
- "Yeah, my parents didn't want a doctor to mutilate my genitalia when I was born"

Whether its female or male genital circumcision, in my book, it's genital mutilation; such an archaic and backwards-minded practice.

Yup. What's funny is how ingrained it is here in the states. What I find hypocritical is when people rail against female genital mutilation but seem to be perfectly fine with circumcision. They always answer back with "it's a religious tradition" but then you point out that FGM is also a "religious tradition" in those society's that still practice it.

Golnei

Yup. What's funny is how ingrained it is here in the states. What I find hypocritical is when people rail against female genital mutilation but seem to be perfectly fine with circumcision. They always answer back with "it's a religious tradition" but then you point out that FGM is also a "religious tradition" in those society's that still practice it.

...and not that most forms of female genital mutilation are far more dangerous and do more damage overall compared to circumcision?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
- "Ewww you're uncut??"

While I understand preferences based on experience, exposure, and other social factors, if people have a physical reaction of disgust towards one or the other like you're describing, I believe they should practice some introspection and figure out why it bothers them so much.

If I were to have a son in the US, I'd likely ask the hospital to not have them be circumsized. But I won't be upset at my parents or the parents of anyone I end up involved with for the decisions the older generation may have made. Nor would I hold that person accountable for decisions they didn't make.

Based on my half-lurking in POPGAF, I'm going to say it was Soulscribe.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Not him but 2 guys from this thread were in there. The one that had sex with me was a tumblr guy. I guess the link might be considered a bit NSFW since its in undies I'll just link a picture here.

Based on my half-lurking in POPGAF, I'm going to say it was Soulscribe.
He was one of the 2 gaffers. He is dreamy tbh.

actually, it depends.

sometimes ppl in full clothes look better than in some clothes
I look better in a burka with sunglasses on.

...and not that most forms of female genital mutilation are far more dangerous and do more damage overall compared to circumcision?

Severity doesn't matter. Mutilation is mutilation regardless if one is less severe than the other. Both are propped up as religious traditions and both are barbaric and should be halted. Only in extremely rare cases is circumcision even warranted.

Not him but 2 guys from this thread were in there. The one that had sex with me was a tumblr guy. I guess the link might be considered a bit NSFW since its in undies I'll just link a picture here.

He was one of the 2 gaffers. He is dreamy tbh.

I was just teasing :)

Thanks again for all the replies. Seems like a pretty even split here. I wonder if that's representative of the larger population.

I want to promote BlueBadger's thread in OT that I just saw. Our BB found a video on YouTube of which a brief part is him singing with Michael Bublé! It's so cool! He gets to sing part of one of my favorite songs.

Aww thank you friend that's so sweet of you <3 :') You're awesome!!

If we're still answering that question about dicks, I tend to prefer uncut over cut, as long as it's kept clean. I've seen,
smelled, and tasted
what foreskin is like when it's not cleaned properly :| :| :|.

But really I like both at the end of the day.

3phemeral

Why did they allow you to make your Pokemon trainers so hot:

tx9JA4A.png

I'll play the game just to live vicariously through his hotness.

I think I did see this pop up on the Play Store when I searched for Pokemon Go. I'll have to ask around about this. So long as it's nothing like FF Record Keeper, which was trash.
What didn't you like about Record Keeper? I was enjoying it but the shitty, sluggish menu really turned me off.

Kevyt

Severity doesn't matter. Mutilation is mutilation regardless if one is less severe than the other. Both are propped up as religious traditions and both are barbaric and should be halted. Only in extremely rare cases is circumcision even warranted.

I was just teasing :)

You hit the nail in the head.

"B-but one is more dangerous than than the other!" Well that's not what's being argued here, lol.

3phemeral

What didn't you like about Record Keeper? I was enjoying it but the shitty, sluggish menu really turned me off.

It was pretty lazy design. I've player other games with similar reward systems that implemented them way better. I think because of that, it felt rushed and incomplete. Nostalgia can only bring it so far but the fact that it was sluggish for a simple game, constantly kept falling asleep (I don't recall there being any option to leave the screen on), and overall just boring gameplay wasn't enough to keep me interested.

I get my haircut usually every 2 weeks or so. I just go to a 13 dollar barber though, and I like to keep my hair really short. When the sides/top get too long, it's way too thick/cowlick-y to do anything with :S :S

Kater

Banned
I'm thinking about getting a mohawk again. Last time I got my hair cut was May. :eek:

I get my haircut usually every 2 weeks or so. I just go to a 13 dollar barber though, and I like to keep my hair really short. When the sides/top get too long, it's way too thick/cowlick-y to do anything with :S :S

Mine costs like 35 Euros. But I only go every few months so whatever.

anaron

You hit the nail in the head.

"B-but one is more dangerous than than the other!" Well that's not what's being argued here, lol.
yeah no, they're not comparable at all. There's no drawbacks to male circumcision.

female circumcision creates a plethora of complications for the woman to live with.

3phemeral

It's nice how Pokémon Go incorporates really obscure points of interest as bonus towers. They even included two little-league stadiums as actual Pokémon Stadiums:

8apZgE1.jpg

I walked about 4 miles through the wilderness collecting Pokémon. :0

Damn.

I have buds pushing me to try both, but I'm afraid both are gonna be more GACHA game nonsense. :/
Pokemon Go doesn't really have that Gacha stufd I think, and when I started playing FF BE they gave you like 10 summon tickets and a bunch of Lapis (what you use to summon rare units) and the game is actually pretty generous about giving you free Lapis.

Gacha is super fun for me, but I would never actually spend money on it :v

Tuck

Aw, man. It's been just two months since I had my hair cut, and now they look like shit again.

I go every 4 weeks. Used to be every 5 but by the end I was desperate for shot hair.

3 weeks is ideal, but more expensive.

Actually, its more like 3 and a half. The difference between 3 and 4 weeks is surprising...

I go every 4 weeks. Used to be every 5 but by the end I was desperate for shot hair.

3 weeks is ideal, but more expensive.

Actually, its more like 3 and a half. The difference between 3 and 4 weeks is surprising...

I haven't cut my hair in 6 months, it's messy AF, can barely hold it with a hat

berzeli

Banned
What is this show

Australian comedy, I made an OT for it a while back before season 3 premièred (also talked about it in this thread). It gets compared to Girls and Looking quite a bit, but I think that's a bit unfair to the show, essentially it's about a dude named Josh who realises he's gay after getting dumped by his girlfriend. Though that's probably a too simplistic way of describing it, it deals with topics like family and mental illness better than pretty much any other show out there and it still manages to stay funny and sweet.

Also sorry for shitty tumblr gifs but they were so darn accessible:
tumblr_mk4eygjGkc1rt4k5qo3_250.gif
tumblr_mk4eygjGkc1rt4k5qo2_250.gif

tumblr_mjfb7qHqul1r8946eo2_500.gif

not an edit this time since I'm just copying my last post: so sorry for shitty gif bonanza:
tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio8_250.gif
tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio1_250.gif

tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio4_250.gif
tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio5_250.gif

tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio6_250.gif
tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio2_250.gif

tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio7_250.gif
tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio9_250.gif

tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio3_250.gif
tumblr_mjpyfgjLRW1rsa0nio10_250.gif

actual edit:
Watch it on Hulu, I'm almost done with season 1 and Berzeli is right, it's a hard slay
<3

Kevyt

yeah no, they're not comparable at all. There's no drawbacks to male circumcision.

female circumcision creates a plethora of complications for the woman to live with.

Of course they're not comparable, but there are well documented drawbacks to male circumcision.

Not to mention it has strong religious associations with it which just makes me sick.

Honestly, I don't understand circumcision apologists.

Truly disgusting.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Watch it on Hulu, I'm almost done with season 1 and Berzeli is right, it's a hard slay

It's on Hulu? Is it available to people without Hulu Plus? Back when I was first trying to watch it, it was kind of hard to find the show online. I think I only watched Seasons 1 and 2.

Of course they're not comparable, but there are well documented drawbacks to male circumcision.

Not to mention it has strong religious associations with it which just makes me sick.

Honestly, I don't understand circumcision apologists.

Truly disgusting.

To be fair, there are cases (like myself) where I had to get it done later in life for medical reasons. There's always an exception to the rule, right?

Btw, avoid it later in life if you can. I can't even describe how painful it was LOL

Horan19

Neo Member

I'd second that it's worth a try if you like the Dramedy style, and the intro song is really catchy, but personally I ended up kind of bouncing off it by the start of season two. The humor never really reached the laugh out loud mark for me, and several of the main characters-- the protagonist Josh particularly-- were written in the quintessential Dramedy style: passive, directionless, and frequently mildly to moderately douchey due to prosaic, mundane personal flaws which are infrequently made up for by tepid and temporary attempts at being better people.

There's nothing wrong with that style, but for me it's throwing the strategies that make both comedy and tragedy reach their high points – laughter or sorrow – right out the window, without replacing it with anything that can give it those spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom