• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Oh, for god's sake. So, this gay dating site I talked about?
I explicitly mention in my profile that I will likely ignore people without a face picture, and people who send low-effort messages such as "hi how are you", and that I will definitely ignore people who outright ask me for sex.

Yesterday, 6pm. A guy with a bare-bones profile and no face picture sends me a message: "Hey, wanna fuck"?

Today, 2pm. Same guy: "Hey, interested in a threesome? Got another guy with a huge dick"

Today, 6pm. Same guy: "Sex?"

I mean.. come on.

Based on my grindr experience, I'd say they're most likely not reading your profile at all.

Block or ignore.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh, for god's sake. So, this gay dating site I talked about?
I explicitly mention in my profile that I will likely ignore people without a face picture, and people who send low-effort messages such as "hi how are you", and that I will definitely ignore people who outright ask me for sex.

Yesterday, 6pm. A guy with a bare-bones profile and no face picture sends me a message: "Hey, wanna fuck"?

Today, 2pm. Same guy: "Hey, interested in a threesome? Got another guy with a huge dick"

Today, 6pm. Same guy: "Sex?"

I mean.. come on.

i dont see whats wrong with any of this

Kater

Banned
What is wrong with "Hi how are you?" ???

"Hey how are you" is a standard greeting imo, so I asked myself the same question lol. I think writing with people online is generally low effort so idk what else people expect as a first message. Not everyone is a comedian plus jokes can really backfire when you first introduce yourself. What if the mother died and you make some joke involving a mother.

I'd rather people just use some neutral, short message to introduce themselves.

Elitist1945

hPjQvgZ.jpg

Happy 4th my friends!

Happy 4th, America!

Edit: (just realized I wrote something here without thinking... because this basically makes no sense with the overall conversation.. so i'l just remove it..haha)

maybe this is not the best place to type this but I just want an opinion from someone not related to my work

I feel emotionally exhausted, I've been here for 3 years and I've been doing the same kind of job.
I feel like coming here is a burden, this is my main source of income, but not the only one, but I really feel tired all the time, I feel almost as if this place were a burden to me

I talk with friends and they tell me I need to fin that something that makes me feel excited to come to work everyday, but in all honesty I'm not sure what it is, and I've been like this for almost a month.

I've been thinking about quitting this place, but I have no other primary source of income, I have a small business but nothing special and I know the money wouldn't be enough.

I guess my question here is, how do you guys know it is time for a change and how to you know you can still try to improve it.

I ask my co workers but I feel their opinion is biased since we all work in the same place.

Tuck

maybe this is not the best place to type this but I just want an opinion from someone not related to my work

I feel emotionally exhausted, I've been here for 3 years and I've been doing the same kind of job.
I feel like coming here is a burden, this is my main source of income, but not the only one, but I really feel tired all the time, I feel almost as if this place were a burden to me

I talk with friends and they tell me I need to fin that something that makes me feel excited to come to work everyday, but in all honesty I'm not sure what it is, and I've been like this for almost a month.

I've been thinking about quitting this place, but I have no other primary source of income, I have a small business but nothing special and I know the money wouldn't be enough.

I guess my question here is, how do you guys know it is time for a change and how to you know you can still try to improve it.

I ask my co workers but I feel their opinion is biased since we all work in the same place.
First things first: Do not quit, until you have a new job. Because the grass isn't always greener, and while you may enjoy the time off at first, finding a new job can take a while and you don't want to put yourself in a bad financial position.

Second, ultimately only you know you the best. What are your interests? Is there any topic you're really passionate about?

Also, what don't you like about your job? Is it just the work, or the subject matter? I.e would a new position in the same field be enough, or do you want a total career change? Is it something you can talk to your boss about, or is this specific employer a lost cause?

Take some time to reflect. Don't make any rash decisions. But also this could be an opportunity to take your life in a whole new direction and that's exciting.

Working a job you don't like sucks. Big time. I certainly know that. So if you don't like it, leave. But have a plan first.

Oh man. Anime Expo was great.

That they announced new FLCL there is insane.

Some pics. (Sorry for the potato quality. Some are Snap-screen caps.)

God Eater

This bish from Once Piece

I wanted to shrink and just hang around in this.

There was a good chunk of western-nerd art

This shit was free. There was another freebie book thing going on and on about how "you're loved" and following "Otaku Jesus."

Me being a moron with Kirimi

This right here though. This shit was the highlight. It was a totally free VR...demo? I jumped at the chance to try it. You put your goggles on, and are in a peaceful Japanese room with the sliding door open, overlooking a garden.

Then, your cousin (total waifu girl) shows up, and is all "ohhh please rest your head on my lap" and so you lie down on a pillow. And bitch starts cleaning your ear. All while ....making weird sounds and saying things like "doesn't this feel good??"

I was dying.

First things first: Do not quit, until you have a new job. Because the grass isn't always greener, and while you may enjoy the time off at first, finding a new job can take a while and you don't want to put yourself in a bad financial position.

Second, ultimately only you know you the best. What are your interests? Is there any topic you're really passionate about?

Also, what don't you like about your job? Is it just the work, or the subject matter? I.e would a new position in the same field be enough, or do you want a total career change? Is it something you can talk to your boss about, or is this specific employer a lost cause?

Take some time to reflect. Don't make any rash decisions. But also this could be an opportunity to take your life in a whole new direction and that's exciting.

Working a job you don't like sucks. Big time. I certainly know that. So if you don't like it, leave. But have a plan first.

first of all, thank you :)

Second, my main interest rely in cooking and music, those are my career and hobby, so maybe I can do something related to that.
what I don't like is how monotonous it is, I think a new position or a different department would help a lot, and being honest I received an offer for another position, but I'm afraid that I might screw it up, going out of my comfort zone, maybe I should just take the chance and do it.

maybe it would be a good idea to take a break from my personal business, like some vacations, and focus in my job, to find out if I really like what I'm doing or something is missing.

Tuck

first of all, thank you :)

Second, my main interest rely in cooking and music, those are my career and hobby, so maybe I can do something related to that.
what I don't like is how monotonous it is, I think a new position or a different department would help a lot, and being honest I received an offer for another position, but I'm afraid that I might screw it up, going out of my comfort zone, maybe I should just take the chance and do it.

maybe it would be a good idea to take a break from my personal business, like some vacations, and focus in my job, to find out if I really like what I'm doing or something is missing.
Just one thing to keep in mind: Sometimes hobbies are better left as hobbies. Turning them into a career can suck the fun out of them. And some things that make great hobbies can be very difficult careers.

For example, I know a few people who make videogames, who have lost (a lot, but not all) of the desire to actually play them, just because the rest of their life revolves around them.

Just one thing to keep in mind: Sometimes hobbies are better left as hobbies. Turning them into a career can suck the fun out of them. And some things that make great hobbies can be very difficult careers.

For example, I know a few people who make videogames, who have lost (a lot, but not all) of the desire to actually play them, just because the rest of their life revolves around them.

Oh, I meant music is my hobby, my career is gastronomy, in the business administration branch, but they pay less than where I am right now, I suppose is just a matter of looking for a good offer :)

Crazy ex girlfriend is available on Netflix!

Y'all should watch it! 👌

mmm... i'll give it a try

Kater

Banned
Oh man. Anime Expo was great.

That they announced new FLCL there is insane.

Some pics. (Sorry for the potato quality. Some are Snap-screen caps.)

That Deadpool smut fanart. 👀

Also, totally thought that you are holding a giant dick statue or a blow-up doll at a glance.

Ambitious

There's a construction site right next to my apartment. I'm seriously going insane here.
There's a small digger passing by my window fucking non-stop. Up and down and up and down and up and down, and I'm so goddamn sick of the engine noise. And I'm already wearing earplugs.

Well, at least they're not fucking drilling on my goddamn wall anymore, like they did two weeks ago. My apartment was shaking! And I was trying to write a scientific paper. Yeah, I'm having a great time. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention that these assholes are also waking me up every single morning with their fucking digger and their yelling.

One of these days, I'm gonna head outside, and I'm gonna walk up to that fucking asshole driving the digger, and then I'm gonna kick him in the balls. Repeatedly.

And now they have a second fucking digger. And an angle grinder. The way it looks, they're actually building a new house, so they're gonna be here for a very long time.

Horan19

Neo Member
And now they have a second fucking digger. And an angle grinder. The way it looks, they're actually building a new house, so they're gonna be here for a very long time.

Well, at least you've got a new potential paper topic: “Psychological Responses to Long Term Turbulence Occurring from Mechanical Agitation: Why There's a Tibia Sticking Out of the Foundation Next Door.” :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom