• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok who is the cutie on Tinder that just moved to Chicago and had NeoGAF in his profile? Totally swiped right!

Thanks. Me, you, and Cosmic Bus are pretty much the old fogies of Letters gaf

Your avy also reminded me that this year is the 30th for Short Circuit.

I'm one of the original gay gaffers and I think I'm older than all of you, except Cosmic.

But I'm the youngest at heart. 😎💅

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ok who is the cutie on Tinder that just moved to Chicago and had NeoGAF in his profile? Totally swiped right!

Should have given me Super Like tho
makeup_80_anim_gif.gif

JK but get it!

I'm starting to hate when people text you first only to not be into the conversation, if you don't actually feel like talking why don't you leave me alone lol?

KmA

So I visited boystown in Chicago this weekend and I had kind of an amazing time. I made out with this big bear for like all of saturday which was awesome. I didn't really get hit on (although my friends kept telling me that people were checking me out but I'm very oblivious to that sort of thing) and a few guys on scruff said they saw me. They probably would have approached me if I wasn't making out with that dude in the corner lmao.

Zero²

So I visited boystown in Chicago this weekend and I had kind of an amazing time. I made out with this big bear for like all of saturday which was awesome. I didn't really get hit on (although my friends kept telling me that people were checking me out but I'm very oblivious to that sort of thing) and a few guys on scruff said they saw me. They probably would have approached me if I wasn't making out with that dude in the corner lmao.
Go get them bears!

Dany

Banned

Yay! Glad you had fun!!! I was bar hopping around that night too

Ambitious

Well then, Letters-GAF. For a change, I actually have good news to share.

A month ago, I visited a certain club. I think I posted about it in here. To briefly summarize: I went there alone, as I don't really have many friends, in order to (hopefully) find new ones there. However, because of my social anxiety, I spent most of the time alone. I did talk to a few people, but sooner or later, I ended up sitting alone in some corner again. Went home teary-eyed at some point.
However, there was one guy who noticed me being all alone and approached me. He told me that he used to be similar to me and gave me some hints about how to improve myself in order to be more comfortable around others. (Actually, he's even writing a book on personal improvement and sent me the draft the next day). He was really kind and understanding.

As I finished my last exams in the past week, I kinda wanted to celebrate. Instead of spending the evening alone at home as usual, I decided to go there again and to try to keep a positive attitude. Usually, my fear of embarrassing myself causes me to worry about every little thing and ultimately brings my mood down until I can't deal with it anymore and leave, being incredibly depressed. So yesterday, I tried my best to stay optimistic, keep a good mood, and just have fun somehow.
I arrived shortly after it opened, so it was still kind of empty - but the guy from last month was already there. Fuck yeah. He introduced me to the others at his table and, to my horror, immediately told them about my anxiety. But all of them were just as understanding as he was and reassured me that I need not be worried about embarrassing myself. That was great.
When more people joined our table, I became anxious again. But I overheard a guy next to me talking to another guy about my university. Instead of shutting down like I usually would in a situation like this, I joined their conversation. After talking to them for a while, I calmed down again. Got myself some beer and became more and more confident. I was happy.

Well, there's no need to describe the entire evening in minute detail. In short, I got to know lots of nice people who were super kind and accepting. Apart from the fact that I had fun, it was also a tremendous confidence boost.

This time, I didn't sneak away alone and depressed early in the evening. This time, I stayed until closing time and left with two cute guys. I didn't spend the night with either, but that's fine. We had fun and we're going to see each other again.

Next Saturday, there's gonna be a rather, shall we say, peculiar event at this club. And I am so going to go there. It's gonna be great.

I feel amazing right now.

This weekend has been fucking amazing. I have even more good news to share! But I only have my phone with me at the moment, and I hate to type longer texts on a phone. I'm gonna be too tired when I arrive at home, so I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

I had an exhausting day and I'm seriously tired, so I'm gonna keep it short.
I don't have many friends, but I'm pretty close with two guys. In fact, I told one of them about my anxiety and depression just recently, because I felt I could trust him with this. And he was very sympathetic and promised me to spend more time with me and help me to get used to being social.

Last week, he invited me to join him, the other friend, and a big group of their friends to watch the Euro 2016 final together. I don't give a shit about soccer, but the more I go out and talk to people, the better. So I joined them.

Later in the evening, at some point I mentioned that club I posted about to one of my friends. It's no run-of-the-mill dance club, but something very unique and niche. I wasn't sure what he would think about it, so I tried to stay vague. However, when he asked for its name, of course I couldn't just refuse to answer, so I told him. To my astonishment, both of my friends had actually heard about that club and were seriously interested in visiting it. This kind of blew my mind. I would never have expected them to know about it, so this is really awesome. So we're gonna go there together soon.

Ambitious

What kind of club is it, stop this vagueness

It's a venue for people interested in polyamory and BDSM. There's a lot of events and workshops about these two things, but also about many other kinds of personal experiences. One could also call it a safe haven or a playground.

Bladenic

It's a venue for people interested in polyamory and BDSM. There's a lot of events and workshops about these two things, but also about many other kinds of personal experiences. One could also call it a safe haven or a playground.

Oh sounds like a fun place to go to, especially drunk

Astral Dog

I had an exhausting day and I'm seriously tired, so I'm gonna keep it short.
I don't have many friends, but I'm pretty close with two guys. In fact, I told one of them about my anxiety and depression just recently, because I felt I could trust him with this. And he was very sympathetic and promised me to spend more time with me and help me to get used to being social.

Last week, he invited me to join him, the other friend, and a big group of their friends to watch the Euro 2016 final together. I don't give a shit about soccer, but the more I go out and talk to people, the better. So I joined them.

Later in the evening, at some point I mentioned that club I posted about to one of my friends. It's no run-of-the-mill dance club, but something very unique and niche. I wasn't sure what he would think about it, so I tried to stay vague. However, when he asked for its name, of course I couldn't just refuse to answer, so I told him. To my astonishment, both of my friends had actually heard about that club and were seriously interested in visiting it. This kind of blew my mind. I would never have expected them to know about it, so this is really awesome. So we're gonna go there together soon.
Im glad to see you are doing well!😃
Remember, that you are there to have fun, there will be days you are going to get worried and very nervious, but it appears you are in very good company thats gonna help alot.good luck!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sitting on the floor of my house practicing my shimmy. If anyone wants some awkward pecs poorly shaken in their face, then I've got you covered.

Maybe I'll add this to my mating ritual dance.

Felt good about the selfie I took after my gym visit today.

Another beautiful lettersGAF pic!

3phemeral

Can't believe I spent 4 hours hunting Pokemon today. People constantly using lures by this Biggby in downtown where there were four situated all together. Probably about 100+ people kept coming in and out during the span of an hour just stopping by, grabbing some Poke Goods, and then leaving.

Oh, and damn, some really hot guys playing the game.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
yes, that's it! what do they do? a couple of mine have leaked apparently (dried orange goo on the tops of them). maybe I can replace them?

Oh...if we could go back in time to when I was taking my electronics course, I could tell you all about them. At this point, I remember very little.

However, I know that the point of capacitors is to temporarily store energy. My guess is that those capacitors maybe got overloaded and as a result the material melted? They might have gotten overloaded because their capacitance decreased with age? I'm really just speculating... I had to do circuit stuff back then, and for some reason, the image of leaking capacitors sounds familiar. I wish I remembered more.

If I were you, I'd take that photo into the PC building thread (if that's from a computer) and ask there. There should be some people who know about electronic maintenance in there.

xbox 360

edit: 6 of them are blown and apparently you can't remove/replace them without soldering skillz

shit

Oh, I see. Well, soldering's really not that hard, but...

*cough*GameStop: $30 360/Wii, $60 PS3*cough*

Gaming side has got you covered.

Looking good sis!

Thanks, was feeling flawless.

Zero²;209720361 said:
Woah nice hair!
Dunno why I think taking gym pics seem so corny, maybe deep down I'm a bit shy?
lol no way

It is a bit corny, but I look best right after a good gym session and a shower. lol

You look stunning Alex!

husbando material

Another beautiful lettersGAF pic!

On point 👌

Thanks guys. <3

theecakee

I could use some dating advice here LGBTgaf.

I [M/21] have been seeing this guy [M/22] for like two weeks or so, we were really hitting off went on a few dates/I went over to his place one night and all. Wouldn't say we were really in a full on relationship yet, but close. Planned to go to a concert this weekend and a pride event next weekend. I was starting to really like him.

There was a small problem though. He has been in some legal trouble recently. Pretty much he had a FWB thing going with a guy who said they were 18...but wasn't actually 18. The teenagers parent called the cops and he got charged and all for it. His court date is next month. His family was really against him dating right now for this reason, they thought he should stay on the low for a bit. In way...I kind of thought the same thing maybe he shouldn't be dating, but I didn't think it was my place to say that.

He got into a fight tonight with his parents over it, with now his lawyer suggesting he doesn't date, and so we decided to stop. I feel a little hurt and down to be honest, it all got me so excited, but I understand why. He still wanted to text and all until his court date next month.

I kind of...don't want to do that. I do like him and all, was kind of hoping this would develop into a full on relationship but just...idk maybe don't want to be led on emotionally for a month texting. Plus I just hate texting in general.

Do you think this is mean or cold to say? I rather just tell him straight up then shut him down with one word responses until he got the message. Maybe pursue something later, but I doubt it, I'll be at college when his court date is...and rather not restart dating someone who is 3 hours away. I would have been more open to the distance if we were already in relationship terms by that point. Neither of us wanted to end it, but just kind of had to due to the situation.

Sorry for the wall of text

I'm down in the dumps, gonna watch some like Best of Giant Bomb to cheer me up lol.

Kevyt

Who here is playing Pokemon Go?

I am... it's kinda fun. Except for the fact that the servers keep going down constantly on Android and the game crashes when I catch a pokemon.... I:

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I could use some dating advice here LGBTgaf.

I [M/21] have been seeing this guy [M/22] for like two weeks or so, we were really hitting off went on a few dates/I went over to his place one night and all. Wouldn't say we were really in a full on relationship yet, but close. Planned to go to a concert this weekend and a pride event next weekend. I was starting to really like him.

There was a small problem though. He has been in some legal trouble recently. Pretty much he had a FWB thing going with a guy who said they were 18...but wasn't actually 18. The teenagers parent called the cops and he got charged and all for it. His court date is next month. His family was really against him dating right now for this reason, they thought he should stay on the low for a bit. In way...I kind of thought the same thing maybe he shouldn't be dating, but I didn't think it was my place to say that.

He got into a fight tonight with his parents over it, with now his lawyer suggesting he doesn't date, and so we decided to stop. I feel a little hurt and down to be honest, it all got me so excited, but I understand why. He still wanted to text and all until his court date next month.

I kind of...don't want to do that. I do like him and all, was kind of hoping this would develop into a full on relationship but just...idk maybe don't want to be led on emotionally for a month texting. Plus I just hate texting in general.

Do you think this is mean or cold to say? I rather just tell him straight up then shut him down with one word responses until he got the message. Maybe pursue something later, but I doubt it, I'll be at college when his court date is...and rather not restart dating someone who is 3 hours away. I would have been more open to the distance if we were already in relationship terms by that point. Neither of us wanted to end it, but just kind of had to due to the situation.

Sorry for the wall of text

The tentative conclusions you made sound good to me.

1) It's reasonable that you don't want to keep talking if everything will be in a "stasis."
2) It makes sense that going back to college 3 hours away is a dealbreaker for a relationship that really hasn't started yet.
3) It seems like a smart move to not get involved while he has legal drama going on, especially if his lawyer recommended it.

I'd say that you should text him and explain that you think you two should follow the lawyer's advice, and in that case, it will be emotionally difficult for you to keep texting like that. Depending on how you feel, I might say to him that he can text you when everything is resolved, but explain that you'll be away at school and things might not be able to pick up how they left off.

It sounds like it's a difficult and disappointing decision that you have to make, but it also sounds like your head is in a good place.

theecakee

The tentative conclusions you made sound good to me.

1) It's reasonable that you don't want to keep talking if everything will be in a "stasis."
2) It makes sense that going back to college 3 hours away is a dealbreaker for a relationship that really hasn't started yet.
3) It seems like a smart move to not get involved while he has legal drama going on, especially if his lawyer recommended it.

I'd say that you should text him and explain that you think you two should follow the lawyer's advice, and in that case, it will be emotionally difficult for you to keep texting like that. Depending on how you feel, I might say to him that he can text you when everything is resolved, but explain that you'll be away at school and things might not be able to pick up how they left off.

It sounds like it's a difficult and disappointing decision that you have to make, but it also sounds like your head is in a good place.

Ok that sounds like a good way to handle telling him, thank you for the advice and response!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
And yeah, as said above they're used to store energy temporarily. Don't know why they would be leaking, though :/

Overheating?

Oh...if we could go back in time to when I was taking my electronics course, I could tell you all about them. At this point, I remember very little.

However, I know that the point of capacitors is to temporarily store energy. My guess is that those capacitors maybe got overloaded and as a result the material melted? They might have gotten overloaded because their capacitance decreased with age? I'm really just speculating... I had to do circuit stuff back then, and for some reason, the image of leaking capacitors sounds familiar. I wish I remembered more.

If I were you, I'd take that photo into the PC building thread (if that's from a computer) and ask there. There should be some people who know about electronic maintenance in there.

Ah, so sort of like batteries then? They do kind of look like batteries now that I think of it...Thanks for the info Kirby :D

Oh, I see. Well, soldering's really not that hard, but...

It looks easy enough, but I don't have any equipment!

*cough*GameStop: $30 360/Wii, $60 PS3*cough*

Gaming side has got you covered.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

I could have told you to forget it and get another one.

I might get a used one from Gamestop~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom