• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

I actually love swimming - but I don't like beaches :( And yes, I've been eating far too much ice cream and that's not a good thing by itself, lol. Summer will always be my least favourite season :mad:

Summer is nice and warm =)

But Winter is too cold =(

Fall is too dreary.

Spring is ok once the trees turn green. Too much rain though.

Zero²

Summer is amazing, waking up early at winter is horrible specially when I need to go to the gym...
Anyway, I'm staying a week away from my cutie, miss him soooo much ;(

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
He's on Grindr. MORMON BOY is on Grindr! What do I do? I went to make my profile and saw him. I can't do it now. He'll see me, and it'll be awkward.

Awkwardness isn't deadly. Go ahead and make the account. If he's allowed to be on it, so are you. If you two end up interacting, so be it. You'll both be on Grindr, so it's not like either of you can shame the other. You have a right to be on the app as much as he does, so do what you want and forget about him.

Welcome back. :)

JCX

He's on Grindr. MORMON BOY is on Grindr! What do I do? I went to make my profile and saw him. I can't do it now. He'll see me, and it'll be awkward.

If I felt awkward about every guy i've met before being on grindr still, i wouldn't be able to use the app.

I played Metroid NES all day today (with restore points bc fuck that password shit) and damn it's a really fun game still. On a more serious note, I really need some actually good friends and not just whatever friends :l

My brother & I had the cartridge of that back in the day. Always got lost due to everything looking the same

OMG you're a cheating cheater and not a real gamer (tm)! /s

What do you mean "/s"? The passwords let you do the infamous "Justin Bailey" code.

Give him a taste of your pamplejuice.

And/or don't include your face pic so he wouldn't know.

Maybe block him if someone confirms it means he won't be able to see you.

Also welcome back.

Pample is back
😘
Welcome back. :)
Also welcome back.
Thanks, brehs.
If I felt awkward about every guy i've met before being on grindr still, i wouldn't be able to use the app.
I need to drive to Plymouth so I can see your profile. 😉
I think I'm gonna just do it and then talk to him immediately so that it isn't awkward. I could also gloat and tell him I told you so, but I'm too classy for that. There's this old guy who looks like Rupert Murdoch near me.

Salarians

tumblr_obasiuYQY21uwfym3o1_1280.jpg
I wish I could hug him

that would be great

I think I'm gonna just do it and then talk to him immediately so that it isn't awkward. I could also gloat and tell him I told you so, but I'm too classy for that. There's this old guy who looks like Rupert Murdoch near me.
Yeah, I was thinking it would be more awkward for the straight one.

Need advice. I want to reach out to this dude. I know he's gay because my aunt knows his mother. I'm interested in friendship (with the possibility of more but I dont really care either way).

I know he's in the same State for the summer (or maybe just August). I don't think his mother has mentioned me. The only method I have of contact is via facebook.

So I'm planning on just sending a message via facebook introducing myself. But I'm inept at anything social pretty much. So how do I do this? What do I say to make it clear that my primary intention isn't to romantically hook up? And what do I say to kind of make it not creepy that I'm messaging him out of the blue?

I need to drive to Plymouth so I can see your profile. 😉
Yeah dont gloat about it if you actually want to have good relationship with him.

Need advice. I want to reach out to this dude. I know he's gay because my aunt knows his mother. I'm interested in friendship (with the possibility of more but I dont really care either way).

I know he's in the same State for the summer (or maybe just August). I don't think his mother has mentioned me. The only method I have of contact is via facebook.

So I'm planning on just sending a message via facebook introducing myself. But I'm inept at anything social pretty much. So how do I do this? What do I say to make it clear that my primary intention isn't to romantically hook up? And what do I say to kind of make it not creepy that I'm messaging him out of the blue?

Contact him on the basis of some common ground or interest (ideally one that might become something to do if/when you meet up with him). Or your family connection, that might actually be the better way. You don't have to express intentions yet, friendliness is just friendliness and it can stay that way. Trying to clarify what you have in mind at this point would probably be weird, just be cordial for now.

I guess it might depend on if you think you can sell it or not, but being generally unconcerned with if something might be seen as creepy can be a way from keeping it from actually being creepy. It's often easier to just do something and apologize afterwards than it is to ask for permission, and for this just contacting someone is not a big deal.

There's no guarantee he'll want to hang out, I mean you can already be an acquaintance with someone and have difficulty making that transition, so just view it as communicating that you'd be down with hanging out if he feels like it. If it's not really a big deal then no one will really perceive it that way, or at least not for long. I find that the vast majority of the time that I risk stepping over some possible boundaries, the other person just thinks I'm being nice or reaching out to them in some way. It's just all about being sincere and easy to talk to.

Contact him on the basis of some common ground or interest (ideally one that might become something to do if/when you meet up with him). Or your family connection, that might actually be the better way. You don't have to express intentions yet, friendliness is just friendliness and it can stay that way. Trying to clarify what you have in mind at this point would probably be weird, just be cordial for now.

I guess it might depend on if you think you can sell it or not, but being generally unconcerned with if something might be seen as creepy can be a way from keeping it from actually being creepy. It's often easier to just do something and apologize afterwards than it is to ask for permission, and for this just contacting someone is not a big deal.

There's no guarantee he'll want to hang out, I mean you can already be an acquaintance with someone and have difficulty making that transition, so just view it as communicating that you'd be down with hanging out if he feels like it. If it's not really a big deal then no one will really perceive it that way, or at least not for long. I find that the vast majority of the time that I risk stepping over some possible boundaries, the other person just thinks I'm being nice or reaching out to them in some way.

Unfortunate thing is I'm not sure what interests him, besides music. He's studying music. Maybe I can see if there's some jazz festival.

edit: Anyway thanks for the advice. Yeah I think I might just be casual about it. Mention my aunt mentioned he'd be in town. Say that I know he's studying music. Ask if he'd want to go to some jazz thing (if there is one).

You know millennials not having sex is so true. So many guys on the app my age are just looking for friends or a relationship. It's all chat and games and no actual play. I only successfully hooked up on Grindr with one dude and he was older. Craigslist was the same no one around my age (well at least decent looking and in shape) was answering. It was ads basically old married daddies and twinks that wanted a pay day.

berzeli

Banned
You know millennials not having sex is so true. So many guys on the app my age are just looking for friends or a relationship. It's all chat and games and no actual play. I only successfully hooked up on Grindr with one dude and he was older. Craigslist was the same no one around my age (well at least decent looking and in shape) was answering. It was ads basically old married daddies and twinks that wanted a pay day.

Start training as a priest in Ireland.

The archbishop of Dublin will no longer send his student priests to be trained at Ireland’s oldest seminary amid claims of sexual harassment, a culture of gay sex and the use of the gay dating app Grindr on the campus.

Leeness

Why can't I find these men?! T_T

Ahasverus

Sex is overrated, fun, but overrated, it's harder to get a meaningful relationship (being friendship or more) than it is to get sex, as you said, just fire up grindr and hope for the best, it feels the same anyway.

DOWN

Banned
I hope I'm seeing the beginning of Trump campaign implosion for real. Seriously can't imagine if our highest diplomat was Trump or freaking Johnson or Stein. At least Hillary is corporate enough to keep afloat and seems like she isn't tripping her way back to her old ignorance of a decade and further back or anything like Trump's out of date overt bigotry. There's no perfect candidates and it's fine to call out problems as it has an effect over time, but the USA system means you get Trump or Clinton and it can't be that hard to know which is better out of those two.

EDIT: maybe I should remove this since it isn't politGAF and I don't want to be too contentious

imagep7rca.png

^my face when reading pample post.
He's not hot enough to have a good relationship with. I wonder if he still sends flaccid dick pics. I'll have to ask for one.
Welp we know that it is the real pample.
If you dont want to be in a relationship and you just want flaccid dick pics just go look at some online there are plenty and you dont have to worry about any awkwardness.

KmA

Well my my grindr picture is of me in my underwear lmao so I generally get a lot of thirsty people coming my way. Although I generally respond to most people who are my age just because I do want to find friends (although I realize how unlikely that is with my hoe ass picture).

JCX

Well my my grindr picture is of me in my underwear lmao so I generally get a lot of thirsty people coming my way. Although I generally respond to most people who are my age just because I do want to find friends (although I realize how unlikely that is with my hoe ass picture).

Yeah mine has been shirtless at various points, which probably attracts the wrong crowd.

There was some awful reddit thread on the front page yesterday where one of the top posts was saying how children do not have a gender because gender is a "post puberty thing".

Like.... what? Kids know whether they are boys or girls well before puberty. What the fuck kind of delusional world do they live in to think otherwise.

Grindr is a disaster. People are messaging me when I don't even have a pic up. Wtf? Maybe they'll go away if I make my blurb "rectal prolapse" or "scat play💩."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom