• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy was on the train with me and I thought I might have recognised him from somewhere but I couldn't remember where from. After a while he asked me if I had the time, and I told him the time. He thanked me but he didn't continue talking.

I realised afterwards I think he's the cute cashier I've noticed a few times at a nearby supermarket. And I think he might have tried to start a conversation but was too shy?

Maybe I'll say something next time I see him if there's some privacy. By which I mean see if it would be weird to give him my phone number or something.

Goodbye English major and hello Associate in Arts Psychology/Sociology degree... I'm not sure you're any better but god knows I'm never going to be a fucking teacher if I have a say in it.

Tuck

But you have been able to find two branches of engineering that interest you and you have come far enough along in your education to be deciding your masters degree. That's pretty cool to me.

I'm sorry about your situation feeling shackled to home and a job you don't enjoy. That must be tough. Maybe you could try to prioritize between them and see which of the three things you have the best chance to change? Basically, which is the worst situation ? No relationship? Shackled at home? Shackled to job?

And where do you think you have the best chance to make a change? Maybe not changing your job entirely, but making it more manageable, and the same with the others.

Small changes are eventually a revolution. :)

Why do you feel so shackled living at home by the way? I loved living at home. I know that many people don't feel that way, but just wondering is there something special?

Small changes definite helped me. Found new hobbies to keep me going, and thats made a huge difference. I'm actually glad I was put in this situation, as I have changed significantly because of it. I discovered that I love to hike and travel, and that I like playing in rec leagues. So in that sense, this crummy phase of my life was a good thing.

Buuut now I'd like to move on.

I'm actively trying to find a relationship, and actively failing at it. So thats definitely not the easy thing to change.

In terms of jobs, I don't think I have prospects in either of the things I want to do. Masters degree basically required. So, I could find a job in the industry. But it wouldn't be work that I enjoy doing, just like my current job, so then whats the point? Thats why I'm aiming to go back to school, which will allow me to justify leaving my current job.

So, I'm hoping I get in.

As for the home life... thats more complicated. I live in the suburbs, about an hour from Toronto's downtown. And I hate it. I hate the suburbs so much. But also just being at home with my mom, who is always stressed and in a bad mood, and doesn't give me any space is really frustrating. Plus my friends live far away. So I'm pretty desperate to move out. If I get into school, I might not be able to afford doing so though.

The remainder of the year will be a pretty interesting time for me, I think. So many directions I could go. Makes my head spin.

Salarians

image_final_fantasy_xv-32693-2754_0002.jpg

I just saw the thread in OT so I get it now. But man, my mind really would never have gone there in a million years. The guy is fast, that's what the tweet is about.

To me it would seem that calling that tweet racist, is more racist than the tweet itself.

Probably, it can be seen as making light of racism.

How can you say no to this cutie

tumblr_nr3ihlzvNL1u6i0ico1_250.gif

tumblr_nmz29q5u9d1u6i0ico4_400.gif

Ain't doing anything for me, sorry :p

they all look very samey as well, some variation would have been nice.

I'm not even going to mention the hair helmet he has (dude probably mousses like a mf) and just say that he looks like he bleaches his skin. His face looks whiter than normal and the area around his eyes looks really red.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's clearly a recovering coke addict don't shame him for some bad choices.

Zero²

I'm not even going to mention the hair helmet he has (dude probably mousses like a mf) and just say that he looks like he bleaches his skin. His face looks whiter than normal and the area around his eyes looks really red.
He might have a condition, like lupus or something... Just saying that having a face like that isn't specially weird.

Zero²;213904410 said:
He might have a condition, like lupus or something... Just saying that having a face like that isn't specially weird.

What it really says is that Square-Enix still can't get characters right.

I also remembered who he reminded me of. Looks like the bastard child of Cloud & Squall.

Salarians

Noctis only looks good in the prologue
Ignis is boring but he has the only good voice and can cook
Gladiolus is generic but cute
Prompto is lol

#BringBackStella

tbh I'm only going to play FFXV out of a sense of obligation. I can't say I've ever been excited about it and I'm still expecting to be disappointed.

Noctis only looks good in the prologue
Ignis is boring but he has the only good voice and can cook
Gladiolus is generic but cute
Prompto is lol

#BringBackStella

tbh I'm only going to play FFXV out of a sense of obligation. I can't say I've ever been excited about it and I'm still expecting to be disappointed.

That's something that I've always found strange. I've seen people say the same things about movies/tv shows. Why? You owe them no allegiance. If a movie/tv show/game doesn't interest me, I don't give it the time of day.

Edit: Ack new page. Can't really be bothered to post pics. Besides, all the pics on my pc that I haven't posted yet would get me banned in a heartbeat.

Salarians

That's something that I've always found strange. I've seen people say the same things about movies/tv shows. Why? You owe them no allegiance. If a movie/tv show/game doesn't interest me, I don't give it the time of day.
I still consider myself a fan of FF. Even if this game is junk, I'll need to witness it for myself. I can't say why exactly, but there are very few things I feel this way about.

Golnei

are any of the mobile ff games good? exvius, record keeper, etc?

Maybe try Record Keeper? It seems to have had more success than the others. I've only really put any time into Mobius, but it's not that bad as long as you can withstand FFXIII-level dreck alongside a long initial set of tutorials (and don't care about unethical censorship). And at least in terms of free-to-play hooks, it appears to be more balanced than the Japanese release.

Friendly reminder that SMTIV slays

I still need to play that - the initial wait for a PAL release nearly destroyed my interest in it, and even though I bought it on sale eventually; the general impression that it didn't match up to the rest of the series leaves it at a disadvantageous position in my backlog. Maybe I'll just try and get it out of the way before Apocalypse.

Crayons

Banned
I need like, a calendar to organize which guy I'm hooking up with on what day and what time. This is so stressing. I'm going to have to start using google calendar and giving myself reminders of where to be at what time

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Maybe try Record Keeper? It seems to have had more success than the others. I've only really put any time into Mobius, but it's not that bad as long as you can withstand FFXIII-level dreck alongside a long initial set of tutorials (and don't care about unethical censorship). And at least in terms of free-to-play hooks, it appears to be more balanced than the Japanese release.

Thanks~

Also, am I misremembering, or did SE release a Triple Triad game?

Thanks~

Also, am I misremembering, or did SE release a Triple Triad game?
1+ for Record Keeper, I've been playing it since it launched and I still enjoy it.

Triple Triad is bundled with the Final Fantasy Portal App BTW, it's not available stand alone on mobile. No Tetra Master currently available though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
1+ for Record Keeper, I've been playing it since it launched and I still enjoy it.

Triple Triad is bundled with the Final Fantasy Portal App BTW, it's not available stand alone on mobile. No Tetra Master currently available though.

Hey man long time no see :)

Thanks for the info. Boo @ no Tetra Master!

Zalasta

are any of the mobile ff games good? exvius, record keeper, etc?

Exvius is pretty good (although it's been crashing a lot lately after the most recent update). Since it is energy based, I usually just play in short bursts and put it down for a while to let it recharge. Story is decent and they make pretty regular updates. If you like to collect stuff in RPG, it scratch that itch because there are like 60+ different units for you to summon and play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom