• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horan19

Neo Member
Venting time:

I got into an argument with family members about whether a politician was homophobe or not (said politician is against gay mariage in France and would like to go back to the previous situation), in which they resorted to tone-policing to handwave my arguments (for the record, I was completely calm, they use this every time I talk about something they disagree with and if I act even remotely passionate) and argued that they are more important things to adress in France.

They almost never present sound arguments, and prefer to attack me directly and resort to logical fallacies, which make my blood boil.

The icing on the cake? That little gem one of them dropped during the conversation: "If I call someone that annoys me a faggot in the streets, that doesn't make me an homophobe."...

I should know that I am just playing Don Quixote against these windmills and that this is getting me nowhere, as I won't change their minds... But I still try nonetheless. I guess I want to hope that, maybe, they will realize their hypocrisy and change for the better. That maybe if I present my arguments correctly, they will listen to me and understand my message.

Sorry for the venting.

We've all got to vent sometimes, and The Lamp has some good advice. Plus, even if you still feel like you're tilting at windmills, don't forget that by the end of Don Quixote even his antagonists have come round to see the value of his view of the world. :)

Edit: and congrats Dany on the graduation!

Why does moving house have to be so damned stressful. Agencies and landlords just want to fuck you over.

"Oh you wanted the apartment to come with oxygen? I'm afraid there'll be a fee..."

JCX

Last night I downloaded both the PS4 beta and the new Scruff beta

PS4

- notifications have a more modern look
- home button menu is Amazing! Can customize the quick options, much easier to change settings, view parties, etc

Scruff

- overall, uglier UI IMO. looks more like growlr with huge icons everywhere. I'd like the new UI if everything were smaller
- Ventures feature is cool - shows all the guys visiting a city at a given time, along with upcoming visits
- messages/woofs and stuff is moved around. Gotta get used to it, but it feels like a lateral change.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
graduated yesterday. went out with my nursing friends. Was a great great great old time.

IMA MISS THEM SO MUCH

eZx48HP.gif

congrats dany~

garyBig

Damn, I'm in Italy right now with 7 other members of my family and the guys on Grindr are all ridiculously hot. I know I won't go through with anything tho, knowing myself I probably won't even regret not doing it afterwards. But still... if I was on my own, with my own room and less crowded a beach, I know even I couldn't resist and it would be so awesome (wouldn't it?) Don't know what to call this feeling. Pre-regret? Nah, probably just nervousness and excitement. I'll take it. And who knows anyway ;) maybe fate will grant me a gift or something. Ok now I'm really just making excuses for my lack of taking action lol

Astral Dog

Damn, I'm in Italy right now with 7 other members of my family and the guys on Grindr are all ridiculously hot. I know I won't go through with anything tho, knowing myself I probably won't even regret not doing it afterwards. But still... if I was on my own, with my own room and less crowded a beach, I know even I couldn't resist and it would be so awesome (wouldn't it?) Don't know what to call this feeling. Pre-regret? Nah, probably just nervousness and excitement. I'll take it. And who knows anyway ;) maybe fate will grant me a gift or something. Ok now I'm really just making excuses for my lack of taking action lol
Make space for fun, get one family member to go out with you to cover up so the others wont notice and go out with a Grindr italian hunk, its risky but may be worth a shot.

maybe bad advice but it could work.

garyBig

Make space for fun, get one family member to go out with you to cover up so the others wont notice and go out with a Grindr italian hunk, its risky but may be worth a shot.

maybe bad advice but it could work.

Sounds scary. Another fam mem to account for, too (like 'how was it? back already?' and stuff. goodness no xD).

No, I would have to do it on my own or not at all. I mean I'm finally at a point in my life where I believe I could talk somewhat openly about such intentions with these ppl, actually (at least I keep believing that).

But: I would have to mention it to all of them at once and half-jokingly, not to one of them in sly secret and all. And I can't do -that- because my cousin is 12 (I also keep dismissing her whenever she's wondering why I'm still single and if I'm looking for a girl and stuff; also she's like reaally judgey for her age, I never really know how to connect with that kid, sometimes she honestly calls me something like 'little one' and I swear she means it, too xD. fuck me if that's not her mother's unfullfilled (love) life talking. she's really sassy that way xD)

Alrus

Pretty sure I aced my first two exams, pretty happy but there's still a while bunch, probably falling one or two but that's be fine and I could make it up with better grades next year.

Also since people were posting pictures here a recent one :

JCX

Pretty sure I aced my first two exams, pretty happy but there's still a while bunch, probably falling one or two but that's be fine and I could make it up with better grades next year.

I'm sure you did well! If not you always have that chest hair to fall back on ;)

Kevyt

How's everyone in Louisiana Gaf doing? I know Dead Prince got hit by the flooding, but not too bad, and glad he's okay.

How's everyone else?

And hey everyone... all this beautiful faces...

tumblr_inline_o7cs9ckWL41s6doin_500.gif

Hello!

Bladenic

Y'all Boomer Banks is visiting my area and he woofed and unlocked his album for me on scruff lmao. Like sis... I appreciate the gesture but a google search will lead me to all of those pics online. I'm pretty sure it's his real profile too because I doubt a catfish would go through all that effort and detail to list their hobbies and social media listings.

He could literally get anyone I have no idea why he would be interested in me.

Pic of you?

Wow daddy

Kater

Banned

Congrats!

And wow, you look great. Love the shades, they really suit you.

Selfies huh? I guess I will post this one.
YbhVigO.gif

Cute photo, Del. :3

UkmkTpk.jpg

Most recent photo I've taken.

Zero²;214231596 said:
Haha you have the same awkward smile that I have when I try to take selfies xD
I should really get a new phone with a frontal camera to start working on my smile.

Haha I often make this awkward smirk when I take selfies :p Everyone has their thing, I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom