• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant wait to play SFV today, im do excited

I got mine in the mail a few days ago and haven't even opened it yet. Too many games being released right now for me to keep up with 'em all.

Considering returning it, because there'll be a cheaper edition with more content later on, I'm sure.

I got mine in the mail a few days ago and haven't even opened it yet. Too many games being released right now for me to keep up with 'em all.

Considering returning it, because there'll be a cheaper edition with more content later on, I'm sure.
Yeah i got it on Tuesday but because of school i cant play till the weekends, but now i can.

Astral Dog

You can play that during it, sure. 😏

EDIT- Yes! Berordn, AW is so much better than FE. No crappy story and endless dialogue for me. Too bad Nintendo has killed it like Metroid. 😰

Nothing compared to what they did to Paper Mario :(

And i thought the last AW had an story, post apocalyptic or something, at least FE finally comes this week alive and well :)

RM8

Fire Emblem is still great if you ignore the shitty stories and pandering. But yeah, I'd be down for more FFT and AW.

Also, I want to play SFV with you guys too :[ I've been able to play a bit so far and tomorrow I won't be home. Maybe this Sunday.

Berordn

Nothing compared to what they did to Paper Mario :(

And i thought the last AW had an story, post apocalyptic or something, at least FE finally comes this week alive and well :)

Advance Wars always has a story, but it's much easier to segregate from the gameplay than FE which bleeds into the maps and the very units.

But maybe that's just me. I actually thought Days of Ruin was a pretty interesting scenario, if perhaps obtuse and predictable.

Unrelated, but I got SFV so if any of you want an easy win, I'm there.

Kater

Banned
It's time.

W40G7Fs.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Also, I want to play SFV with you guys too :[ I've been able to play a bit so far and tomorrow I won't be home. Maybe this Sunday.

Vazrah on SFV. PM me here or message me on Steam since you have me (Vazra on your friendlist)

RM8

Vazrah on SFV. PM me here or message me on Steam since you have me (Vazra on your friendlist)
You play Karin, right? That's a MU I really need to improve. My performance took a massive hit when I switched from Chun to Sim :[ But I'm determined to be a kickass Sim :p
---

I need to choose better my favourite boxers / fighters after Rousey and Pacquiao, lol. I know it sounds judgemental in itself, but I always feared Pacquiao might be a homophobe since he's so religious. Screw him >:[ I'll now fanboy my fellow countryman Canelo, who is seemingly not an ignorant jerk.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You play Karin, right? That's a MU I really need to improve. My performance took a massive hit when I switched from Chun to Sim :[ But I'm determined to be a kickass Sim :p

Karin is my main with Vega, Rashid and Cammy as Alternatives. We can take a few training matches and work on what you need to improve if you want while chatting on Steam.

EDIT: You might be my first fight against a Dhalsim user so we'll see how that goes but you can pretty much play from decent distance and keep people away if you know what you doing :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
You can skip the story in AW, at least the first two.

Maybe this isn't what you meant, but you can press start in Fire Emblem and it'll skip dialogue, cutscenes, etc. The screen goes black and it jumps to the next thing. I've been doing this in Awakening because I don't want to read the same set-up every time as I'm grinding missions. With this feature, I think you could pretty much skip the entirety of the narrative (unless it blocks you from skipping things that you haven't seen before, but I don't think that's the case).

I can't remember if this was in past Fire Emblems; I think it was at least in Path of Radiance.

Maybe this isn't what you meant, but you can press start in Fire Emblem and it'll skip dialogue, cutscenes, etc. The screen goes black and it jumps to the next thing. I've been doing this in Awakening because I don't want to read the same set-up every time as I'm grinding missions.

I can't remember if this was in past Fire Emblems; I think it was at least in Path of Radiance.
Maybe I should try them then. Everybody hated PoR, though. The story is the only reason I don't play them.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I should try them then. Everybody hated PoR, though. The story is the only reason I don't play them.

What. Who is this "everybody"? What do they want from a Fire Emblem game? I've never heard that sentiment before. My friend and I loved playing Path of Radiance (we played it multiple times), and I've pretty much only seen positive things about the game on GAF. The only disappointing thing for me was the in-game graphics which were bad by GameCube standards and terrible by the time you got to Wii with Radiant Dawn.

The only Fire Emblem game I've heard fairly universal negativity towards is Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and that's mostly because it's a remake of the first game and so it feels dated. Plus the graphical style wasn't very popular compared to previous games based on what I've read (I agree). I guess I've also seen negativity towards Awakening from long-time fans because of the map design, but Awakening has many fans, too.

Anyway, if you don't want ANY story, then I think instead of trying to make FE work for you, I'd see if you can find a much more focused strategy experience. I'm sure something like that exists on PC or possibly mobile.

What. Who is this "everybody"? What do they want from a Fire Emblem game? I've never heard that sentiment before. My friend and I loved playing Path of Radiance (we played it multiple times), and I've pretty much only seen positive things about the game on GAF. The only disappointing thing for me was the in-game graphics which were bad by GameCube standards and terrible by the time you got to Wii with Radiant Dawn.

Anyway, if you don't want ANY story, then I think instead of trying to make FE work for you, I'd see if you can find a much more focused strategy experience. I'm sure something like that exists on PC or possibly mobile.
I heard from several ppl that they didn't like it, but maybe they're weird. I haven't played, so I don't know for myself. I'll probably try one once I have a real job and can buy gaming stuff.

Anyway, I just realized that I post here waaay too much, so I'm gonna take a break. Someone should have said something to me in a PM or something. Sorry guys.

RM8

I'm remembering a guy who used to post around here quite often, but I can't remember his username. Maybe he got it changed and I didn't notice, lol, I just remember that he's blond, wears glasses, and hates most food (he has / had an issue with most food, I think he mostly ate crackers or something along those lines). I wonder if he's okay.

Karin is my main with Vega, Rashid and Cammy as Alternatives. We can take a few training matches and work on what you need to improve if you want while chatting on Steam.

EDIT: You might be my first fight against a Dhalsim user so we'll see how that goes but you can pretty much play from decent distance and keep people away if you know what you doing :p
Yup, I just find Karin particularly hard to keep away, lol. I miss Dhalsim's straight projectiles :(

I'm remembering a guy who used to post around here quite often, but I can't remember his username. Maybe he got it changed and I didn't notice, lol, I just remember that he's blond, wears glasses, and hates most food (he has / had an issue with most food, I think he mostly ate crackers or something along those lines). I wonder if he's okay.

Yup, I just find Karin particularly hard to keep away, lol. I miss Dhalsim's straight projectiles :(

I seem to vaguely recall that poster myself but like you can't remember who that was.

Have many people here played an SRPG called Shining Force 2? I normally get bored quickly with SRPGs but Shining Force 2 works really well. With the movement you have direct control (anywhere among the tiles you can move to from where the unit starts at the beginning of the turn) rather than picking out a tile with a cursor. This has a surprisingly big effect on the feel of the game.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I heard from several ppl that they didn't like it, but maybe they're weird. I haven't played, so I don't know for myself. I'll probably try one once I have a real job and can buy gaming stuff.

Anyway, I just realized that I post here waaay too much, so I'm gonna take a break. Someone should have said something to me in a PM or something. Sorry guys.

It all comes down to individual taste and expectations, so I'm sure there were a lot of people who hated it. That's unfortunate.

No need to apologize. You set your own limits. Come back when you're ready. We'll be here. :)

Uhh...not joking, this describes me almost perfectly. And not in a "sometimes my friends say I look like Brad Pitt" way. I mean it. But I know you aren't talking about me. I hope we find this person so I can meet my twin.

RM8

Caladrius! I'm pretty sure it was him. I think :x

Uhh...not joking, this describes me almost perfectly. And not in a "sometimes my friends say I look like Brad Pitt" way. I mean it. But I know you aren't talking about me. I hope we find this person so I can meet my twin.
Well, the two physical traits are mentioned are present in lots of very different looking people, so who knows :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the two physical traits are mentioned are present in lots of very different looking people, so who knows :p

Haha, true. But I meant the food thing, too.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Is it a texture thing in your case? I'm a bit of a picky eater but most of the time it's because of textures. This is often the case with fruits :[ I don't like most of them.

It goes beyond texture, but I think that does play a big role in it. I'd more generally say it's a big psychological mess.

3phemeral

Stahp :p lol

It goes beyond texture, but I think that does play a big role in it. I'd more generally say it's a big psychological mess.

Is it specific? My BF tries to make it come off like my seafood hate is inconsistent but I find my dislike is really solid. I don't like fish textures or rubbery ones. I love fish flavor so fried shrimp or fried fish (which alters the texture) is no problem for me (though, food with improper fish-to-crust ratios can put me off).

I love sushi rolls because it's not fishy tasting but it's wrapped in enough other ingredients for me not to notice, plus it's bite-size convenience. I still take Fish Oil pills because of the fatty-acid benefits, though but I have to take it with food, otherwise I have fish burps all day. And that's gross.

The only psychological one I have is Honey Baked Ham. Had a bad experience with it when I was maybe 12 or so (like, puking all night and all morning) and ever since then, any large quantity of it will instantly make me queasy. What sucks is I love the smell and flavor but that damn taste-aversion mechanism keeps me from enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom