• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Omg, yes. Twinks are so gross.

oprah-stare-gif.gif

I think you can voice your dislike of a body type without going "gross".

charmed699

Neo Member
You guys probably know more about this than me. Is someone still considered a twink if he has body hair? Wouldn't that guy be more of an otter?

is that Fire Emblem screenshot real or edited? That would have been really funny if it was in the game. I've got so many Fire Emblem games that I haven't finished. I think the one I played the most is Shadow Dragon on the Nintendo DS. I feel so bad when one of my guys dies. I always think that I could have tried harder to keep them all alive.

You guys probably know more about this than me. Is someone still considered a twink if he has body hair? Wouldn't that guy be more of an otter?

I'm probably just as clueless as you, I have no idea even what I'd be considered as in this little labelling system.

Your theory sounds like it makes sense though. (Based on the what I think I know)

I just bought tickets to Pitchfork Music Fest 2016! This lineup is insane!
http://pitchforkmusicfestival.com

Beach House, Carly Rae Jepsen, Shamir, Blood Orange, Sufjan Stevens, Empress Of, FKA Twigs, Miguel, Neon Indian, Oneohtrix Point Never, Porches!!!

Seriously, going to have to be a hell of a lineup for Lolla to top this.

As messy as she is on Twitter, her music output is incredible. Perched for the next release.
That lineup is unbelievable. Blessed to be seeing Beach House at a festival this year but that line up is so much better.

That lineup is unbelievable. Blessed to be seeing Beach House at a festival this year but that line up is so much better.

It is an amazing lineup, but the Pitchfork Facebook has a bunch of people raging about it. People are disappointed because it's not "indie" enough and are asking why Carly Rae is on there. I'm glad Pitchfork has continued to be more diverse in their lineup instead of catering to the white hipsters who live in Wicker Park that only listen to indie rock.

They can sit.

Berordn

Nintendo's region discrepancies are always irritating. I wouldn't expect it any earlier than May (maybe April if the Bravely Second dates mean anything), and that's being optimistic. At least it won't take any longer to make it over than SMTIVF undoubtedly will.

I'm gonna crack up if SMTIVF actually comes out first in Euroland.

And then they use its sales as a metric for bringing it to NA and decide against it (because nobody's going to buy the sequel for the game they were almost not allowed to buy).

It's unlikely but my head cooks up nightmare scenarios like this.

Hmmm... what do you mean by that?

Tbf, twinks scare me a little bit, lol. Or I should say, I find them intimidating.
I'm gonna have to be delicate or I might get banned, but lol at them being "intimidating!" They're the exact opposite of intimidating. They're too fem for me honestly. To me, they're that awful stereotype gay character archetype.

I'm gonna have to be delicate or I might get banned, but lol at them being "intimidating!" They're the exact opposite of intimidating. They're too fem for me honestly. To me, they're that awful stereotype gay character archetype.

Probably shouldn't have opened that can of worms...

And trust me, twinks are not the only "group" that be part of that stereotype. But it really doesn't matter, the whole anti-fem or straight acting thing that gets thrown around is gross too.

LOCK

Well this thread has been popping.

I don't really look at people and put them in categories. I think the gay appearance categories are cute at times but I never use them in real life. A person is beautiful or attractive to me if they are beautiful and attractive. I really have broad taste.

3phemeral

I got to learn quite a bit of Scrum stuff in the last year through work. It's interesting. We also got to use it for a recent project, and we actually were surprisingly faithful to the letter of it.
How did it end up working out for you? (Sorry for the late reply, I viewed the post on mobile and just now remembered I needed to reply).

Great!

Well dang, Capcom gonna Capcom...

https://youtu.be/Ya6NL3R-oKQ?t=27m24s

Gross.

Berordn

Well dang, Capcom gonna Capcom...

https://youtu.be/Ya6NL3R-oKQ?t=27m24s

It's definitely weird out of context (and the Japanese voice does it no favors...) but in the story Laura's actually treated as a goof and almost a female Zangief, oblivious to anything but showing off her fighting style and getting into spats with famous guys.

She was looking forward to fighting Ryu to make her fighting style famous, not for weird sexual gratification.

3phemeral

It's definitely weird out of context (and the Japanese voice does it no favors...) but Laura's actually treated as a goof and almost a female Zangief, oblivious to anything but showing off her fighting style and getting into spats with famous guys.

It's more problematic for me that when you get to the hand-drawn story sections, both women are drawn in very tits-in-your-face poses. While all of the men sensibly designed and posed to either show strength or some aspect of their fighting style.

Berordn

It's more problematic for me that when you get to the hand-drawn story sections, both women are drawn in very tits-in-your-face poses. While all of the men sensibly designed and posed to either show strength or some aspect of their fighting style.

Oh I don't disagree with that at all. Laura's totally got a sexualized design and you don't have to look any further than her fight intro if you need proof that's what they were going for.

Kind of weird that they toned down R. Mika's poses but Laura still goes full on tits camera.

You're fine.

You've somehow managed to make your uncanny ability to offend literally everyone with seemingly zero self-awareness or remorse somewhat endearing.

'That's our Pamplemousse!'
Don't say that to me, Z. You're so hot; I don't want to offend you.

I can't help that I have really bad internalized homophobia toward fem guys. When I see them, I see myself, and then I get really angry because I hate myself for not being able to pass. It gets to the point of wanting to hurt them like I want to hurt myself.

I was with this guy in high school, and I was really "rough" on him I guess because of these issues I have. I'm really demented sexually and psychologically. Self-loathing gets mixed up with guys I see that bit of myself in.

Don't say that to me, Z. You're so hot; I don't want to offend you.

I can't help that I have really bad internalized homophobia toward fem guys. When I see them, I see myself, and then I get really angry because I hate myself for not being able to pass. It gets to the point of wanting to hurt them like I want to hurt myself.

I was with this guy in high school, and I was really "rough" on him I guess because of these issues I have. I'm really demented sexually and psychologically. Self-loathing gets mixed up with guys I see that bit of myself in.

Even if I thought your various prejudices somehow applied to me, I'm not insecure enough to be offended by them. This isn't about me.

This is more about the fact this thread should be a safe place for anybody to be without fear of being branded gross, unattractive or undesirable in any way.

You belong here, because this should be a safe place for you too. If you want to somehow try to talk about the issues you mention above, the community should allow you to do so, and be supportive.

Equally however, you have to recognise that it's important to find a way to phrase your opinions without being hurtful to others. If you can't do that, then the community will simply grow tired of your comments and you risk being made unwelcome.

Just read your posts before you click reply, and think to yourself 'is there a way I could phrase this better?'

I think the biggest thing you can do Pample is realize people come here to not feel judged and when someone gives you information that might be helpful, even if it criticizes the way you phrase something, don't just ignore it. Take it for constructive criticism and make yourself a better person because you'll have a better understanding of how others feel.

charmed699

Neo Member
1011caturday.gif

Happy Caturday y'all! :3

Adorable. Reminds me of that time I came home and there was a random cat waiting for me. It was a really cute cat. Still not sure how it got inside. Makes me wish I didn't have to do the right thing and return it to the owners. :3

Bladenic

It's worth noting that what you dub as "fem" is not exclusive to guys dubbed "twinks." There can be huge muscleheads who are the biggest queens ever and skinny dudes who nobody would guess to be gay and so on.

Astral Dog

ಠ_ಠ

thats pretty mean, but its ok i still like you.😜

Sai-kun

Banned

You're such a loser, dude. Damn. Grow the fuck up, real quick.

I want you to say that again post-hangover.

Holy shit being drunk owns!!! No hangover!

Right? I can't at people who uphold these stereotypes! For example, the stereotype of the thirsty gay who can't seem to stop flirting and thinking and talking about sex and clogs up discussion by talking about how much they want to have sex with another guy every page! Really harmful stereotype there, let me tell you.

Can anybody tell me how to actually play P4: Arena (Ultimax).

I got it on PS+ and I even paid for the P4A story mode. But I'm just kind of lucking my way through these battles at the moment. I have no idea what the hell i'm doing 0_0

Right? I can't at people who uphold these stereotypes! For example, the stereotype of the thirsty gay who can't seem to stop flirting and thinking and talking about sex and clogs up discussion by talking about how much they want to have sex with another guy every page! Really harmful stereotype there, let me tell you.

Damn sis...

This tea is scorching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom