• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeboy

Right? I can't at people who uphold these stereotypes! For example, the stereotype of the thirsty gay who can't seem to stop flirting and thinking and talking about sex and clogs up discussion by talking about how much they want to have sex with another guy every page! Really harmful stereotype there, let me tell you.

wXX2GjV.gif

Preach BD.

Dany

Banned
Right? I can't at people who uphold these stereotypes! For example, the stereotype of the thirsty gay who can't seem to stop flirting and thinking and talking about sex and clogs up discussion by talking about how much they want to have sex with another guy every page! Really harmful stereotype there, let me tell you.

The worst. Especially when they become hypercritical and start acting like savants but in reality they come off as ignoramus.

I can't. I'll always hate myself for as long as I live. It's always been there, and if I can't change myself, I'm not going on.

You're doing it again. There has been some really constructive criticisms towards some of the things you say in the thread with some really good posts but you've chosen to ignore them completely.

Dude, this is a community thread. At least act like you're a part of it.

_Isaac

How did it end up working out for you? (Sorry for the late reply, I viewed the post on mobile and just now remembered I needed to reply).

It worked out well for the most part. The biggest issue for us was ensuring that our product backlog was organized by being up to date and prioritized. A lot of the times it wasn't, so our sprint planning meetings ended up taking much longer than we'd like. Also the estimating portion (story points or hour estimating) was a bit difficult to grasp for most of us. For the most part though it was great to be a developer and have sprints were we knew exactly what we had to do, and we were able to choose which items to work on from that particular sprint backlog. It really got things moving, and the daily scrums also helped ensure that we all knew what everybody was up to.

Kater

Banned
1011caturday.gif

Happy Caturday y'all! :3

:3

Don't say that to me, Z. You're so hot; I don't want to offend you.

I can't help that I have really bad internalized homophobia toward fem guys. When I see them, I see myself, and then I get really angry because I hate myself for not being able to pass. It gets to the point of wanting to hurt them like I want to hurt myself.

I was with this guy in high school, and I was really "rough" on him I guess because of these issues I have. I'm really demented sexually and psychologically. Self-loathing gets mixed up with guys I see that bit of myself in.

:^)

You might want to consider getting an appointment at a therapist. That sounds like some deep-rooted issues you have there.

charmed699

Neo Member
My Fallout 4 guy is looking very cute. Hope I age this well. Would totally go on a date with him. Didn't realise the character creation system for this game was this good. It's usually one of my favourite parts of playing a Western RPG.

_Isaac

My Fallout 4 guy is looking very cute. Hope I age this well. Would totally go on a date with him. Didn't realise the character creation system for this game was this good. It's usually one of my favourite parts of playing a Western RPG.

Well done. I usually try to make my character handsome, but I kinda suck at it. I hate when I spend an hour making a perfect character and then I start the game and realize he looks like a monster from a different angle. Then I'm like "Screw it I'll start over with the default character"

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

hcsYf.gif

Well done. I usually try to make my character handsome, but I kinda suck at it. I hate when I spend an hour making a perfect character and then I start the game and realize he looks like a monster from a different angle. Then I'm like "Screw it I'll start over with the default character"
I gave my mass effect 2 character cheek bones that were pretty much spears, and I didn't realise till I started playing the game. It looked hilarious.

Yeah, the same happened to my Dragon's Dogma character. He looked absolutely awful once I was done. I just roll with the defaults in Souls game too.

I was actually quite impressed by MGS V's character creator, you can make some pretty great looking dudes with it.

3phemeral

It worked out well for the most part. The biggest issue for us was ensuring that our product backlog was organized by being up to date and prioritized. A lot of the times it wasn't, so our sprint planning meetings ended up taking much longer than we'd like. Also the estimating portion (story points or hour estimating) was a bit difficult to grasp for most of us. For the most part though it was great to be a developer and have sprints were we knew exactly what we had to do, and we were able to choose which items to work on from that particular sprint backlog. It really got things moving, and the daily scrums also helped ensure that we all knew what everybody was up to.

So it was mostly "backwards compatibility" with previous organizational systems but moving forward, adhering to that standard would make things more efficient down the long term?

As for the difficulty with estimations, was it more the nature of the product being complex in that it wasn't conducive to a modular design?

_Isaac

So it was mostly "backwards compatibility" with previous organizational systems but moving forward, adhering to that standard would make things more efficient down the long term?

It was more about the discipline on the product owner's part for keeping that product backlog organized. The important user stories up top and stuff. Ours was all in a weird order, and some of the user stories weren't fleshed out and sometimes there would be a forgotten semi-important one in the bottom. Stuff like that. So at the beginning of the sprint we'd have our Sprint Planning meeting and try to find the important ones to bring into our Sprint Backlog, but then we actually had so many things to clarify on those user stories, and that took forever too. That meeting was a pain sometimes.

As for the difficulty with estimations, was it more the nature of the product being complex in that it wasn't conducive to a modular design?

If we were estimating a user story using story points, we'd try to play planning poker, and a lot of people had trouble giving an arbitrary number. Like why the heck is this a 5? What the hell is a 5? It takes a while to kinda figure out what those numbers mean to you. Also if we were estimating tasks and using estimated hours to complete, that's also kinda hard because..... well developers always think they're going to take 2 hours on something, and it ends up taking 5. Devs are notoriously bad at estimating time like that.

Kater

Banned
I thought my DA:Inquisition character was very handsome. It was basically the only thing that kept me playing after I realised I wasn't interested in the gameplay.

Redhead. Hehe

Did you ride the bull then?

This here is my Human Noble Ponce (who is really into Cassandra and Dorian).

jn1SPEq.png

charmed699

Neo Member

Thank you kindly. That usually happens to me as well. Most of the times I start playing and realise how tiny my character is compared to everyone else. It seems harder to get a good outcome in a JRPG.

I gave my mass effect 2 character cheek bones that were pretty much spears, and I didn't realise till I started playing the game. It looked hilarious.

I used the default Shepard. He just looked so hot that I decided not to do any changes.

I thought my DA:Inquisition character was very handsome. It was basically the only thing that kept me playing after I realised I wasn't interested in the gameplay.

Was quite pleased with my character for this game. Didn't really like the beards though.They looked like someone had stuck hair from certain other body parts on the character's chin. Your character looks similar to mine. I never got that far into the game. I would imagine the same sex relationships must be quite interesting. Might go back and try to play more at some point.

Yeah, the same happened to my Dragon's Dogma character. He looked absolutely awful once I was done. I just roll with the defaults in Souls game too.

My Dragon's Dogma guy turned out to be really short compared to everyone else. :p

Really like your Inquisition characters, Down and Kater. Nice to see that I'm not the only one that spends so much time in the character creation menu. :)

3phemeral

If we were estimating a user story using story points, we'd try to play planning poker, and a lot of people had trouble giving an arbitrary number. Like why the heck is this a 5? What the hell is a 5? It takes a while to kinda figure out what those numbers mean to you. Also if we were estimating tasks and using estimated hours to complete, that's also kinda hard because..... well developers always think they're going to take 2 hours on something, and it ends up taking 5. Devs are notoriously bad at estimating time like that.
Thanks for this. Seems like a lot of it has to do with familiarity and setting a sort of internal standard for assigning points in that scenario. Also seems like you'd need a wholly reliable team on all levels to make things work, otherwise it falls apart in execution when trying to fix things retroactively.

Vazra

The facial hair in Dragon Age: Inquisition look like cheap cosplay props. Also I wish I liked the game more to stick to it but the way it feels like an offline MMO wasn't that engaging. The world was so big yet so empty and the sidequest were pretty much fetch quests. I enjoyed the gameplay but the world could have been handled way better. Still better game than Dragon Age II.

Kevyt

Omg I just learned that pamplemousse means grapefruit in french!!

That reminds me, I've been having two grapefruits a day!

I hope all that vitamin C isn't bad for your heart or something.

lol.

Pample getting more hate and dogpiling for making a comment about disliking fems than Bladenic did for posting an insensitive rape joke.

#BoysClub

Redhead. Hehe

Did you ride the bull then?

Are you referring to romancing the bull dude? I didn't get far enough into the game to start any romances, but I had set my sights on Dorian.

Was quite pleased with my character for this game. Didn't really like the beards though.They looked like someone had stuck hair from certain other body parts on the character's chin. Your character looks similar to mine. I never got that far into the game. I would imagine the same sex relationships must be quite interesting. Might go back and try to play more at some point.

Oh yeah super similar! And same here, just couldn't quite get into it enough but was excited to explore the same-sex relationship.

Omg I just learned that pamplemousse means grapefruit in french!!

That reminds me, I've been having two grapefruits a day!

I hope all that vitamin C isn't bad for your heart or something.

GoStc

The facial hair in Dragon Age: Inquisition look like cheap cosplay props.

That's my facial hair irl.
I liked my character in DAI, but I would have loved to give him a different hairstyle tbh. I swear all the hairstyles in that game looked awful.

lol.

Pample getting more hate and dogpiling for making a comment about disliking fems than Bladenic did for posting an insensitive rape joke.

#BoysClub

I'm not sure why you're deflecting what Pample does in this thread. Trust me, Bladenic got scolded and he admitted what he said was wrong and moved on.

I have yet to see Pample do such a thing, respond to criticism and apologize and try to learn from it.

But keep on stanning.

Vazra

I'm not sure why you're deflecting what Pample does in this thread. Trust me, Bladenic got scolded and he admitted what he said was wrong and moved on.

I have yet to see Pample do such a thing, respond to criticism and apologize and try to learn from it.

But keep on stanning.

We even got a Mod address the situation which IMO should be enough to stop Bladenic from doing those jokes.

Sai-kun

Banned
lol.

#BoysClub

a damn mod came in here and told him to lay off, what else is there to say? get off his dick man, it's super cringey.

I think a mod at this point needs to come in and respond directly to Pample for all of this to just be over.

I'm tired of the nonsense where good responses to try and fix the situation are ignored and then CornBurrito blames everyone else for the issue.

honestly i think pamplemousse is just a troll/character, so i'm pretty done trying to respond seriously

a damn mod came in here and told him to lay off, what else is there to say? get off his dick man, it's super cringey.

I think a mod at this point needs to come in and respond directly to Pample for all of this to just be over.

I'm tired of the nonsense where good responses to try and fix the situation are ignored and then CornBurrito blames everyone else for the issue.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I dislike the dogpiling on pampel and I don't think it's helpful.

It looked like a joke before but the consistence of it leads me to believe he has very deep-seated issues and you don't tackle these issues by browbeating him with the equivalent of "fuck's sake man, grow up".

Not that I feel you deserve these kind of responses, pampel, but you really are asking for it by unapologetically behaving the way you do. You even tick off a few posters here who I consider to be very calm and understanding people otherwise. I don't know how you are in real life because I only see this side of you, but if you behave like this in person then I think the reason you can't pass isn't because you're too fem; It's because you have a lack of self-awareness and you're a bit of an attention queen.

I dislike the dogpiling on pampel and I don't think it's helpful.

It looked like a joke before but the consistence of it leads me to believe he has very deep-seated issues and you don't tackle these issues by browbeating him with the equivalent of "fuck's sake man, grow up".

Not that I feel you deserve these kind of responses, pampel, but you really are asking for it by unapologetically behaving the way you do. You even tick off a few posters here who I consider to be very calm and understanding people otherwise. I don't know how you are in real life because I only see this side of you, but if you behave like this in person then I think the reason you can't pass isn't because you're too fem; It's because you have a lack of self-awareness and you're a bit of an attention queen.

I think we're all aware Pample has some issue to work through, but we're trying to help him by giving him good advice, which he has shown to ignore in this thread and not even respond to. His ignorance shouldn't be excused and if people expect me to do that with responses like "that's our pamplemousse" or "really pamplemousse", then I'm done with this thread.

lol.

#BoysClub
Bladenic apologized though? Your boy Pampel over here is talking about possibly committing hate crimes and you expect people to give him a pat on the back? fucking please lol

Can we move on? It's too much now. I think everybody made their point and it's heading into territory that is to be honest quite dangerous.

You don't know what kind of person pamplemousse is or how delicate his real life could be.

Point well made, he needs to think before he speaks, apologise for his behaviour and move on.

But enough of the hostility or it's going to get extremely toxic in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom