• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Beefy

The 100 restarts tonight!!

I still need to comllete Witcher 3 Blood and Wine and the last dlc of Fallout. Haven't touched my PS4 for like 4 months? Need to get back into before Horizon comes out.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

He said nice gay guy tho.
vNCWCmj.gif

Kevyt

i'm pretty sure i'm straight but if a nice gay guy asked me out i'd probably do it just to make sure

That's funny because a straight coworker said (kinda) the same thing!

He's straight but works with us at an LGBT center and he's super friendly and open minded, he doesn't mind being surrounded by gay guys, and even when they flirt with him, he flirts back.

Such a great sport.

Astral Dog

I'm like 30% drunk and im on tumblr googling diego luna

tumblr_mujak61F7W1reft4qo1_500.gif

I LOVE HIM
esta bien guapote verdad.
Specially
in that scene
😶
That's funny because a straight coworker said (kinda) the same thing!

He's straight but works with us at an LGBT center and he's super friendly and open minded, he doesn't mind being surrounded by gay guys, and even when they flirt with him, he flirts back.

Such a great sport.
Many of the guys i know were very likeable and friendly but kinda homophobic casually,maybe uncomfortable i sometimes wonder how they would have see me if i was more open .

Beth Cyra

Howdy LBGT + folks :) another slowish day and I did never do my pic to show me.

Trying to learn Instagram as I actually never had made use of it before.

https://instagram.com/p/BP-ysB3BShN/

By the way I am post op Trans, so that is why I look like a weird monster hybrid lol. No need to worry about it if you are like WTF?!!! :D

Mumei

What with Call Me By Your Name getting really great reviews coming out of Sundance, I'm looking to read other gay fiction. I've read a handful of books that featured a gay character or a gay relationship—Mrs Dalloway; We the Animals; Jack; Geography Club; What Belongs to You; The Traitor Baru Cormorant; A Little Life—but that's really it.

Any recommendations that could be tossed my way?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

By the way I am post op Trans, so that is why I look like a weird monster hybrid lol. No need to worry about it if you are like WTF?!!! :D

...I'm so jealous of your core. Wow. I'm just seriously jealous of your fitness level.

Also, you don't look like a "weird monster hybrid." You look like a perfectly great woman who is rocking that blue dress.

What with Call Me By Your Name getting really great reviews coming out of Sundance, I'm looking to read other gay fiction. I've read a handful of books that featured a gay character or a gay relationship—Mrs Dalloway; We the Animals; Jack; Geography Club; What Belongs to You; The Traitor Baru Cormorant; A Little Life—but that's really it.

I might just steal your list for my own reading purposes. I've already read We the Animals, and that was great. If you're into books like Geography Club (I haven't read it but I understand that it's YA), I could recommend The Perks of Being A Wallflower.

Also, I've said this before, but I wasn't a huge fan of Call Me By Your Name as a book. However, maybe I'll give the movie a shot. Those review snippets have me very intrigued and gave me chills.

Vazduh

Beth Cyra, that's really impressive! :O

This one. Short, sweet and poignant.

Also, I've said this before, but I wasn't a huge fan of Call Me By Your Name as a book. However, maybe I'll give the movie a shot.

The movie allegedly skips out on the entire last quarter of the book. I completely understand why, but that part of the book really made it memorable and worthwhile for me.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The movie allegedly skips out on the entire last quarter of the book. I completely understand why, but that part of the book really made it memorable and worthwhile for me.

I admit that I don't even remember what happened in the last quarter. The book wasn't memorable for me. I'll have to look it up.

Beth Cyra

...I'm so jealous of your core. Wow. I'm just seriously jealous of your fitness level.

Also, you don't look like a "weird monster hybrid." You look like a perfectly great woman who is rocking that blue dress.

I might just steal your list for my own reading purposes. I've already read We the Animals, and that was great. If you're into books like Geography Club (I haven't read it but I understand that it's YA), I could recommend The Perks of Being A Wallflower.

Also, I've said this before, but I wasn't a huge fan of Call Me By Your Name as a book. However, maybe I'll give the movie a shot. Those review snippets have me very intrigued (and gave me chills).
Thank you Kirby fan, that means a lot!

As far as the core, it's the thing I focus on most a day lol (between 1,000-1,250 reps a day.......goddess that looks real bad when typed) I use to be 300 LBS so I also get scared and won't let myself get a gut lol.

Vazduh

I admit that I don't even remember what happened in the last quarter. The book wasn't memorable for me. I'll have to look it up.

It's the entire part with
Elio and Oliver meeting decades later. The whole nostalgia deal. Longing, never really getting past what happened that summer.

Mumei

Also, I've said this before, but I wasn't a huge fan of Call Me By Your Name as a book. However, maybe I'll give the movie a shot. Those review snippets have me very intrigued.

I had mixed feelings about Call Me By Your Name. I thought it was beautifully written, but there's just something about the whole May-December romance thing that made me kind of uncomfortable. In the end, what I liked about it was enough that I really enjoyed it, but I never totally got over that reservation. My response might just be that I read it when I did; I think that if I had read it when I was 17 or 18, I would've found it more titillating than vaguely disconcerting.

Of my list, I'd suggest What Belongs to You first. It's very short and has gotten very positive (and well-deserved) press. And thank you for the suggestion! Geography Club is a YA book, yes. I think I heard about it through one of those book podcasts I was listening to last year.. they were too heavily YA focused so I gave them up. But it was a pretty good YA recommendation.

I actually forgot another YA book, this time featuring a bi protagonist, Grasshopper Jungle. I hope it is making its way into school libraries; it seems specifically designed to trigger reactionary parents.

Oh, I've heard of that but completely forgot about it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you Kirby fan, that means a lot!

As far as the core, it's the thing I focus on most a day lol (between 1,000-1,250 reps a day.......goddess that looks real bad when typed) I use to be 300 LBS so I also get scared and won't let myself get a gut lol.

Wow, that's dedication that I certainly don't have. Congrats on the weight loss!

It's the entire part with
Elio and Oliver meeting decades later. The whole nostalgia deal. Longing, never really getting past what happened that summer.

None of that really comes to mind...huh. I should probably revisit it before I see the movie.

I had mixed feelings about Call Me By Your Name. I thought it was beautifully written, but there's just something about the whole May-December romance thing that made me kind of uncomfortable. In the end, what I liked about it was enough that I really enjoyed it, but I never totally got over that reservation. My response might just be that I read it when I did; I think that if I had read it when I was 17 or 18, I would've found it more titillating than vaguely disconcerting.

Of my list, I'd suggest What Belongs to You first. It's very short and has gotten very positive (and well-deserved) press. And thank you for the suggestion! Geography Club is a YA book, yes. I think I heard about it through one of those book podcasts I was listening to last year.. they were too heavily YA focused so I gave them up. But it was a pretty good YA recommendation.

I actually forgot another YA book, this time featuring a bi protagonist, Grasshopper Jungle. I hope it is making its way into school libraries; it seems specifically designed to trigger reactionary parents.

Ah, thanks for the suggestion. Given that I've completely forgot CMBYN, maybe I'll reread it and see if my thoughts are similar to yours.

driggonny

Banned

Not to be redundant, but your abs and this burger I'm eating make me feel bad ;P

I just realized that I can't remember having ever read a book with an LGBT lead :/

Bladenic

Lol if anything there Driggonny I'm sitting here jealous of you having a burger lol.

Enjoy!

What's your diet like?

Edit: I've heard about that Call Me By Your Name book. Need to get it! And apparently the movie is good.

I still need to read A Little Life but every review I read said that's it's insanely depressing and I'm not sure my psyché can handle that right now haha

Beth Cyra

What's your diet like?

Edit: I've heard about that Call Me By Your Name book. Need to get it! And apparently the movie is good.

I still need to read A Little Life but every review I read said that's it's insanely depressing and I'm not sure my psyché can handle that right now haha
My diet was rough. I just recently had a professional draft me one to bring me to some level of normalcy.

One thing to note is I do have a disastrous eating disorder with shades of bulima, I have a very set diet that I had made for me and I do 3 hr work outs 7 days a week to keep my disorder in check.

Eat six times, all healthy meals. 3 mains and three snacks.

Between 1600-2000 cals a day and no sugar outside of work out suppliments.

Kenai

Checking in a bit late, but I wanted to mention that if anyone is a fan of FF music and has the chance to go, Distant Worlds is amazing. That's where I was last weekend with my bf and some of his rl friends. Can't wait to move out there for a more permanent arrangement this summer.

Hearing One Winged Angel in an actual orchestra made me think the song is worth *some* of its hype (only some). To my surprise one of their totally new songs for that concert was Cosmo Canyon and i was overjoyed since i didn't think it got enough love for something like that.

daripad

First day at the hospital and there's a cute guy. I think he's gay. Just when I was focusing on my career too fucking much 😒

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
After changing my Tales of Berseria profile pic from Facebook to one of my face I got a mini rain of friend request. WTF

The profile pic is this which I honestly look terrible since I have only been sleeping 3-4 hours lately per day mostly this last week and havent been feeling my best but whatever.
My panda appeal I guess.

driggonny

Banned
I've been really dejected about it since that first leak.

I don't think that EO will receive nearly as much backlash as people seem to be expecting.

But I'd love to be proven wrong.

I've been really dejected about it since that first leak.

I don't think that EO will receive nearly as much backlash as people seem to be expecting.

But I'd love to be proven wrong.

Backlash doesn't mean shit if the backlash is simply slacktivism and "civil debate".

Top Bottom