• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So damn cold atm. Snowing a lil as well.

9f3adb8e36.jpg
0d6c0b8ad8.gif

Menaged

*TV post*

Felt like sharing it here, the second show's more appropriate, but whatever.

Sense8 spoilers
Watched the Christmas special today. It was quite a treat. Felt good seeing all the 8 again. The plot didn't really move forward during the first hour - everything was just fun and orgies, but the 2nd hour moved things a bit. Overall it was fun, and I just can't get enough of Lito and Hernnando. So damn hot!

Please Like Me (hands down one of the best shows I've watched) spoilers
I just finished season 4, and feel so empty, especially knowing this is probably the final season. This show is sheer perfection - full of light and heavy moments that just hit you. Episode 5 was just devestating. It was all so sudden. Everything was fine and dandy and Geoffry was there, and then everything just went to shit. I just cried for 15 minutes straight. The ending was kinda nice, although it felt like a back to square 1 kinda deal, with the final shot of Tom and Josh.

berzeli

Banned
*TV post*

Please Like Me (hands down one of the best shows I've watched)
Casual reminder that all four Please Like Me are available on Netflix in several regions and it seriously is great. (Oh, and for the US folks, since we have so many of them, Please Like Me is available on Hulu)

driggonny

Banned
I made the mistake of disagreeing with a popular preacher on Facebook who talked about how we needed the Muslim ban.

Now I have random people replying with how disappointed they are in me lol

Bladenic

Please Like Me S4 needed more Claire.

@Mumei if you see this, I'm a third of the way through What Belongs To You, just finished Mitko. I also randomly happened to notice you gave The Great Gatsby a mere 1 star review on Goodreads, I beg you to explain.

Mumei

@Mumei if you see this, I'm a third of the way through What Belongs To You, just finished Mitko.

I hope you're liking it!

I also randomly happened to notice you gave The Great Gatsby a mere 1 star review on Goodreads, I beg you to explain.

I was forced to read it in high school when I was not in the mood, and I remember mostly being annoyed that I had to. The one star is mostly residual spite.

One day I'll read it again and change the score. :p

Bladenic

I hope you're liking it!

I was forced to read it in high school when I was not in the mood, and I remember mostly being annoyed that I had to. The one star is mostly residual spite.

One day I'll read it again and change the score. :p

I am liking it however I wish you had warned me about the tragedy of it all. I feel the narrator is me in another decade or so.

And yes, you must read it. Maybe you won't change your score at all, but I would be curious to see your impressions. I, too, wasn't a fan of the book in high school. Reading it as an adult definitely changed my opinion, plus I was able to grasp many of the subtler aspects that went unexplored during high school discussions, probably due to our underdeveloped brains not being able to understand said moments. Watching that new Zelda Fitzgerald show on Amazon also reminds me of the rumors that she wrote or contributed a lot of the material for Scott's novels. I recall reading somewhere that she actually wrote almost all of The Great Gatsby herself (although that sounds more like a conspiracy theory almost, although it may have been backed by side-by-side comparisons between Zelda's other works and TGG).

After What Belongs To You I'm definitely reading A Little Life. I'll prepare by getting some anti-depressants. I'm also so excited for the Call Me By Your Name movie, it looks spectacular and the reviews have been exclusively praise. I imagine it won't see release in the States for a while yet though.

Mumei

I am liking it however I wish you had warned me about the tragedy of it all. I feel the narrator is me in another decade or so.

If you like it enough, you should read this interview later. It's good. He talks about his experience working in Bulgaria as a teacher, about the similarities he found between gay life in Bulgaria and gay life in rural Kentucky, about structural choices (the second section, for instance, is radically different compared to the first), about the English language, and other stuff.

And yes, you must read it. Maybe you won't change your score at all, but I would be curious to see your impressions. I, too, wasn't a fan of the book in high school. Reading it as an adult definitely changed my opinion, plus I was able to grasp many of the subtler aspects that went unexplored during high school discussions, probably due to our underdeveloped brains not being able to understand said moments. Watching that new Zelda Fitzgerald show on Amazon also reminds me of the rumors that she wrote or contributed a lot of the material for Scott's novels. I recall reading somewhere that she actually wrote almost all of The Great Gatsby herself (although that sounds more like a conspiracy theory almost, although it may have been backed by side-by-side comparisons between Zelda's other works and TGG).

I'm sure I will. I actually started thinking I should reread it when an extended passage was quoted on some literature podcast I was listening to, and (without knowing what the passage was from) was really struck by how perfectly put it was. I think it was a description of a party.

After What Belongs To You I'm definitely reading A Little Life. I'll prepare by getting some anti-depressants. I'm also so excited for the Call Me By Your Name movie, it looks spectacular and the reviews have been exclusively praise. I imagine it won't see release in the States for a while yet though.

I actually found out about What Belongs To You because of a piece Greenwell wrote for The Atlantic about A Little Life.

And yes, the movie looks lovely. There are two clips up currently, and I do not approve of having to wait until the fall for the rest.

I had to read The Great Gatsby for school but I don't think I actually read much of it.

And I normally did read books for school, and was once the only one in the class to do so over the holidays as we were meant to (Catcher in the Rye).

Educating Rita is the other book (play) I didn't read much of.

DOWN

Banned
I love The Great Gatsby. Read it a few years ago I think. There is a passage in it that I thought was the most beautifully fond description of a woman I've ever read:

For a moment the last sunshine fell with romantic affection upon her glowing face; her voice compelled me forward breathlessly as I listened — then the glow faded, each light deserting her with lingering regret, like children leaving a pleasant street at dusk.

Mumei

I had to read The Great Gatsby for school but I don't think I actually read much of it.

And I normally did read books for school, and was once the only one in the class to do so over the holidays as we were meant to (Catcher in the Rye).

I confess that I'm not entirely certain I ever did read the entire thing.

And I never did have to read Catcher in the Rye, and have never bothered.

I love The Great Gatsby. Read it a few years ago I think. There is a passage in it that I thought was the most beautifully fond description of a woman I've ever read:

I clearly had no appreciation for prose when I read it before.

yepyepyep

I had to read The Great Gatsby and Catcher in the Rye as well. Not really a fan of both to be honest. I like reading classic literature nowadays but I remember being put off by the books we had to read in school. I did love reading Shakespeare and A Streetcar Named Desire though.

Mumei

I had to read The Great Gatsby and Catcher in the Rye as well. Not really a fan of both to be honest. I like reading classic literature nowadays but I remember being put off by the books we had to read in school. I did love reading Shakespeare and A Streetcar Named Desire though.

Your username! *nostalgia*

Fades

Banned
Hi. Going to randomly insert an introduction here.

• Your gender? Male
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Do You Live? Manitoba, Canada
  • How Old Are you? 24
  • Favorite Type of Music? It runs a wide gamut from more indie-type rock to light pop to more bluegrass things and really anything in between.
  • Profession or Career interest? I like writing, but lack the attention span to do so professionally
  • Favorite video game(s)? Pokemon, World of Warcraft, various little mobile games.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

• Your gender? Male
  • How Old Are you? 24
  • Favorite Type of Music? It runs a wide gamut from more indie-type rock to light pop to more bluegrass things and really anything in between.
  • Profession or Career interest? I like writing, but lack the attention span to do so professionally
  • Favorite video game(s)? Pokemon, World of Warcraft, various little mobile games.

Welcome!

Dany

Banned
Had a cute date with my fella. Drank on the town and he took me dancing! :)

I only managed to lose my phone
(and not my dignity)
so overall a good night

Beefy

• Your gender? Male
  • How Old Are you? 24

Welcome

Beth Cyra

Had a cute date with my fella. Drank on the town and he took me dancing! :)

I only managed to lose my phone
(and not my dignity)
so overall a good night
Good news indeed. Sounds lovely.

I spent all night signing up for a few colleges time to finally try and get that IT degree and maybe finally have a career and not be a retail associate forever.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

• Your gender? Male
  • How Old Are you? 24

Welcome!

I hope everyone is watching Riverdale on CW.

tumblr_ol610fUBCh1v1jzoxo4_250.gif

tumblr_ol53c0ceUI1r0a0smo1_500.gif

Veronica, Cheryl, and Betty are honestly iconic. Archie hew?

Kevin is great, too. Veronica > Kevin > Betty = Cheryl (but all four are great members of the cast and played well).

Kevyt

I just had MacDonald's for the first time in a long time.

I really wanted to try the new Grand Mac, so I did. It was delicious.

This recent trip to McD reminded me of Down as well.

Zero²

Some guys just can't show any respect, why hit on someone you know has a boyfriend, I know I was at a gay club but that doesn't excuse things. Hate being rude to people but grabbing my dick out of nowhere and you are going to hear from me /rant
Glad my bf didn't saw it otherwise that idiot would be dead hehe

Top Bottom