• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

My first attempt at dating utterly failed. Talked to someone on Grindr (sadly my only option in this miserable town). We were chatting and were arranging a meetup, then he blocks me for no discernible reason. For a first timer this was utterly devastating in ways I didn't think was possible. Guess I'll just have to keep trying.
Happens a lot on Grindr. It can be devastating emotionally. Sorry that you don't have other options.

kuYuri

Things seem to be on the up and up for me right now. Finally moving to a new apartment. Supposed to be getting a raise at work. My shitty supervisor at work transferred out, which means I don't have to put up with their crap. Next, I'm waiting to hear back about a potential new position.

My first attempt at dating utterly failed. Talked to someone on Grindr (sadly my only option in this miserable town). We were chatting and were arranging a meetup, then he blocks me for no discernible reason. For a first timer this was utterly devastating in ways I didn't think was possible. Guess I'll just have to keep trying.

I'm willing to bet Grindr is mostly full of worthless, shallow fucks. Fuck that guy who blocked/ghosted you. Wasn't worth your time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Seems interesting. Usually, I only get a few because I kinda get sick of the taste and they turn black.

When they start to get mushy, peel them, slice them, pop them into the freezer safe baggy, and then when you're in the mood for bananas again make this

https://vimeo.com/71562220

it's great~

Also, I never had a safeway before I moved here.

thank god you moved then - where else could you find deals like this

3 pounds tho...

you gotta pace yourself!

These are great, but it's best to add vanilla extract to the batter because the egg-banana taste can be a bit intense. You can also add some chia seeds.

Also, if you want to indulge, make sure to try these muffins. One of the best I've tried. If I had to describe them in one word, it would be - rich.

mmm, I think so too. I also like to add a little baking powder to make them a bit fluffier. Also sometimes cinnamon is good. Also, sometimes chocolate.

ooh, those look good!

KmA

It's insane the number of times I made myself look pretty for some guy, telling them I'm ready to meet, and them immediately blocking. I think 75% of the plans I've made with people on these apps fall through. It's part of the reason I've deleted them for the time being.

Vazduh

mmm, I think so too. I also like to add a little baking powder to make them a bit fluffier. Also sometimes cinnamon is good. Also, sometimes chocolate.

ooh, those look good!

Trust me, they're so fluffy, moist and rich. A hint of Nutella gives them that additional "kick".

As for pancakes, agreed 100 % since bananas go really well with some cinnamon. I'll try to add some baking powder the next time I make those.

LunajWd.gif

Kevyt

Where is the good fellow You Know Nothing? I really need that gif of the two guys twerking he would occasionally post, for reasons.... Browsing through his post history and can't find it... x,x

Fuming right now. There was a guy at work who started recently whom my gaydar was going off a little for but wasn't 100%. Now he's left and I find out he was. Bloody had a bit of a thing for him too ://

Zero²

Fuming right now. There was a guy at work who started recently whom my gaydar was going off a little for but wasn't 100%. Now he's left and I find out he was. Bloody had a bit of a thing for him too ://
Well you can still message him and hang out, besides dating someone you work with is always some level of trouble.

beril

So anyone here playing Persona 5?
That fucking scene where
two old stereotypical gay dudes hits on Ryuji
How does that shit make it into a product, and through localisation in 2017? It's just pointless and not in any way funny or clever and basically just amounts to "Haha gays are creepy"

though as someone currently crushing on a guy 10 years younger than me who's most likely straight, maybe it just hits too close to home...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Trust me, they're so fluffy, moist and rich. A hint of Nutella gives them that additional "kick".

As for pancakes, agreed 100 % since bananas go really well with some cinnamon. I'll try to add some baking powder the next time I make those.

Can't wait to try them~

bgqY0uv.gif

RM8

So anyone here playing Persona 5?
That fucking scene where
two old stereotypical gay dudes hits on Ryuji
How does that shit make it into a product, and through localisation in 2017? It's just pointless and not in any way funny or clever and basically just amounts to "Haha gays are creepy"

though as someone currently crushing on a guy 10 years younger than me who's most likely straight, maybe it just hits too close to home...
You're playing an animu game, you know :p

Started watching Yuri on Ice and can safely say there should be more gay leads in anime. If only...

Also they made Yuri quite handsome. Slay!

Also Yuri On Ice is good!

Beth Cyra

Little Mons†er;233674813 said:
Started watching Yuri on Ice and can safely say there should be more gay leads in anime. If only...

Also they made Yuri quite handsome. Slay!

Also Yuri On Ice is good!

Yuri On Ice was a total blast.

One of the few good animes in the last few years in my eyes.

Granted I usually just ship Yaoi (Vash/Wolfwood ftw) given I don't like the majority of direct Yaoi leads but i hope we continue to get some of this quality as it was freaking amazing.

Plus Ice Skating is boss as fuck.

Australian queer news publisher Evo Media turns out to be engaged in a lot of fraud and scams. It runs Gay News Network, Same Same and magazines for several major Australian cities. The websites have been shut down by the webmaster. They weren't paying staff properly and ripped off advertisers by lying about circulation numbers. And they weren't allowed to run a company after previous fraud. It is a very long article about it:

https://truecrimenewsweekly.com/201...ay-publisher-evo-media-and-queer-power-games/

All we really need is Pikachu. In fact I'd love to see a series from the perspective of the Pokemon from the point they're captured to battles with the villain teams to the Elite Four & victory

.... I want to watch the Peanuts movie again now. All of them in fact

Australian queer news publisher Evo Media turns out to be engaged in a lot of fraud and scams. It runs Gay News Network, Same Same and magazines for several major Australian cities. The websites have been shut down by the webmaster. They weren't paying staff properly and ripped off advertisers by lying about circulation numbers. And they weren't allowed to run a company after previous fraud. It is a very long article about it:

https://truecrimenewsweekly.com/201...ay-publisher-evo-media-and-queer-power-games/

Keerhiist. Too many companies are showing their asses by not paying their staff. If you're gonna be corrupt, at keep that in check because I know I'd be the first to fuck my company over if checks didn't clear

JCX

Sometimes I feel so sad about what apps and gay norms do to people's self esteem. I think I'm bad until I get a message from some poor younger gay trying to get some form of acceptance from strangers on this dreadful app.

Does anyone think it would be possible for gay norms to be changed in a meaningful way? It just breaks my heart to see how painful it can be. I know dating is hard for straight people too, but at least that has some norms that guard against some of the things i observe in my dating life.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Shy Fingers

Banned
Sometimes I feel so sad about what apps and gay norms do to people's self esteem. I think I'm bad until I get a message from some poor younger gay trying to get some form of acceptance from strangers on this dreadful app.

Does anyone think it would be possible for gay norms to be changed in a meaningful way? It just breaks my heart to see how painful it can be. I know dating is hard for straight people too, but at least that has some norms that guard against some of the things i observe in my dating life.

I believe it will and already is changing as society becomes more accepting as a whole. The problem is people and social norms never change as fast as we'd all like them to.

JCX

I believe it will and already is changing as society becomes more accepting as a whole. The problem is people and social norms never change as fast as we'd all like them to.

Agreed about society as a whole, but I am not so much talking about mainstream society's acceptance of gays. I am talking about the gay communities internal issues.

Ahasverus

TBF I 'm noticing most "serious" gay people are abandoning apps.

JCX

Hmm, can you expand on what defines "serious" and where they're going? Gay public physical spaces (gay bars, TV lounges, etc) have been on the decline, so I am not sure where they are going.

Gibbs

I'm curious as to serious in this meaning. I for one, have bailed on gay dating apps. Grindr I believe was the main one, but ok cupid and POF were also two others I bailed on.

For me personally, it comes down to wanting to get to meet new people, verses the whole "let's fuck" or hookup crap. I mean lets be real, it's gravitating that way more and more(imo at least from experience) but I still prefer the whole talking, and getting to know someone before I decide to meet you and all that jazz.

Also there is the whole getting destroyed on apps because you aren't the perfect gay, referring to body and such. Image issues, and self confidence can be destroyed in seconds, and thats extremely sad that someone is willing to do so.

I feel better since deleting apps and such. I'm so much more than an object, let alone someone saying "oh, you are cute" then bailing when they find out you use to be obese or your body isn't perfect because you lost 130 pounds and you have excess skin, or because you won't send a penis picture.

I could be completely wrong on what the poster was referring to haha.

Oh, hello by the way =)

Top Bottom