• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

JCX

I'm curious as to serious in this meaning. I for one, have bailed on gay dating apps. Grindr I believe was the main one, but ok cupid and POF were also two others I bailed on.

For me personally, it comes down to wanting to get to meet new people, verses the whole "let's fuck" or hookup crap. I mean lets be real, it's gravitating that way more and more(imo at least from experience) but I still prefer the whole talking, and getting to know someone before I decide to meet you and all that jazz.

Also there is the whole getting destroyed on apps because you aren't the perfect gay, referring to body and such. Image issues, and self confidence can be destroyed in seconds, and thats extremely sad that someone is willing to do so.

I feel better since deleting apps and such. I'm so much more than an object, let alone someone saying "oh, you are cute" then bailing when they find out you use to be obese or your body isn't perfect because you lost 130 pounds), or because you won't show them a penis picture. I could be completely wrong on what the poster was referring to haha.

Oh, hello by the way =)

Hello :)

Grindr didn't invent the norms, they existed before then (phone lines, bathhouses), it only made them easier to spread. I'd also like to meet more people without apps, I just don't know where to find these gays lol (besides a community thread on a video game forum).

Gibbs

Hello :)

Grindr didn't invent the norms, they existed before then (phone lines, bathhouses), it only made them easier to spread. I'd also like to meet more people without apps, I just don't know where to find these gays lol (besides a community thread on a video game forum).

Hi! =)

You're absolutely right. Coming from a small area, I was "told" people like that existed but eh, you don't realize it until you come across it haha. My area doesn't have bathhouses and such so theres that too. I was somewhat sheltered growing up so wow, what a world I learned existed as I grew older.

It's harder to meet people in todays world in my view, but there are social groups on Facebook and stuff that can help with that.There is also Pride if thats your cup of tea, you'd easily meet people there. Depending if you live in the US, it's easier and more accepting, rather than living in a foreign country where homosexuality is punishable or not accepted

Though its nice there are threads like this for those who aren't out, or are looking for a safe haven. Though I truly understand what you mean, and I hope you can eventually find what you are looking for.

Ahasverus

Hmm, can you expand on what defines "serious" and where they're going? Gay public physical spaces (gay bars, TV lounges, etc) have been on the decline, so I am not sure where they are going.

I'm curious as to serious in this meaning. I for one, have bailed on gay dating apps. Grindr I believe was the main one, but ok cupid and POF were also two others I bailed on.

I could be completely wrong on what the poster was referring to haha.

Oh, hello by the way =)
I meant "serious" as in someone looking for something.. serious hah. My spanish betrays me.
Yeah, Grindr is not the place to look for a relationship.

And hello Gibbs, welcome to the madhouse :)
10 posts since 2013? :O

Hello people

Just passing by to say that I'm pissed af... I preordered the P5 TYH edition like two weeks ago and now the store in question sends me an email to say they won't have it and they'll give back the money.

Gibbs

I meant "serious" as in someone looking for something.. serious hah. My spanish betrays me.
Yeah, Grindr is not the place to look for a relationship.

And hello Gibbs, welcome to the madhouse :)
10 posts since 2013? :O

Haha I've been around for a while but just never felt the need to login. Perhaps I'll meet some good, cool people in here! I've lurked in this thread for a good while admittedly. Hello by the way!

There are some people who are looking for something serious but I'm personally learning that its becoming harder and harder to actually find someone with similar views in that aspect. Everyone wants hookups verses something personal and meaningful. I''ll be single for two years come September (5 year relationship), and I have had zero luck in actually meeting someone in the aspect.

Hello people

Just passing by to say that I'm pissed af... I preordered the P5 TYH edition like two weeks ago and now the store in question sends me an email to say they won't have it and they'll give back the money.

Is there any chance that any other stores could possibly have it? I don't blame you for being pissed off, It's ridiculous when stores take reservations and can't honor them. Why even do it if you can't furfill it.

Kevyt

I feel the same, "wasting youth" although I never had a youth to begin with

200.gif

I'm already too old and jaded. My back hurts

Gibbs

Make it 4 here u.u I feel like I'm wasting my youth. It's really frustrating.

Definitely frustrating. I'm turning 30 later this year and in a weird sense I'm losing faith haha. How I view it is simple, keep pushing and hopefully the right one will come along.

It's frustrating when you are dating someone for so long as they just up and leave one day with no notice or warning. It feels like wasted time.

I feel the same, "wasting youth" although I never had a youth to begin with

200.gif

I'm already too old and jaded. My back hurts

You gonna tell me to get off your lawn? :D

Haha I've been around for a while but just never felt the need to login. Perhaps I'll meet some good, cool people in here! I've lurked in this thread for a good while admittedly. Hello by the way!

There are some people who are looking for something serious but I'm personally learning that its becoming harder and harder to actually find someone with similar views in that aspect. Everyone wants hookups verses something personal and meaningful. I''ll be single for two years come September (5 year relationship), and I have had zero luck in actually meeting someone in the aspect.

Is there any chance that any other stores could possibly have it? I don't blame you for being pissed off, It's ridiculous when stores take reservations and can't honor them. Why even do it if you can't furfill it.
I would like to have something serious but I get the part about that it's becoming more difficult.

The one that has it, sells the edition $20 more expensive that the previous one. I think's that I'll pass :/

Gibbs

I would like to have something serious but I get the part about that it's becoming more difficult.

The one that has it, sells the edition $20 more expensive that the previous one. I think's that I'll pass :/

I feel old fashioned with wanting something serious, meaningful... perhaps I was out of the dating game for far too long.

Ah that really sucks, I'm sorry =(

c7f.gif

Yes, if I had one.

How about I get out yo thread?! :D

Hello people

That's really shitty, I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping we could talk about the dungeons.

mantidor

Hmm, can you expand on what defines "serious" and where they're going? Gay public physical spaces (gay bars, TV lounges, etc) have been on the decline, so I am not sure where they are going.

Is this something widespread in the US? I never ever used apps, but then again I live in Brazil, finding gay people is not at all difficult. Now of course, as it is anywhere in the world, it's easier in big cities, but I think that is our only option, if you are LGBT born in a small town you have to move, I don't see an alternative (it's definitely not the apps).

Gibbs

29, male, and West baw gawd Virginia.

We have to keep trying ;)
Maybe something interest will happen
or maybe not lol

Definitely. Gotta keep the hope alive right?

Is this something widespread in the US? I never ever used apps, but then again I live in Brazil, finding gay people is not at all difficult. Now of course, as it is anywhere in the world, it's easier in big cities, but I think that is our only option, if you are LGBT born in a small town you have to move, I don't see an alternative (it's definitely not the apps).

Meeting people isn't too difficult, its more of what people are looking for. The gay community can be extremely shallow, so its harder to meet people who can accept flaws and such. Standards is a whole other area.

Brazil though? Amazing.

It varies from place to place here but it can be hard no matter where you are it's just worse in a small town so apps are your only option.

Welcome, Gibbs. I lived in Virginia and visited west I understand you situation.

Gibbs

It varies from place to place here but it can be hard no matter where you are it's just worse in a small town so apps are your only option.

Welcome, Gibbs. I lived in Virginia and visited west I understand you situation.

Thank you =) What part of Virginia? Don't get me wrong, I love where I live but holy hell is it hard to meet people.

Gibbs

Yep, I'm still angry about the situation but what the hell...

Yep, the last thing one can lose is hope.

26, male, South America... far from most of you hahah.

You're still young! What I'd give to 26 again. South America? Insane. Pretty cool admittedly seeing where some of you are from.

Here is a pic of my ugly mug.

Hilarious to watch a friend make basic ass mistakes. Waited too long to tell her girlfriend she already had a boyfriend and only does poly relationships. Now in straight spin mode trying to explain poly properly and trying to talk her into not just leaving asap

daripad

Try living in a small town in Mexico. I never grew up having a gay friend...actually, I think I don't have any gay friends at all right now. It has been very hard for me to hook up with someone (once a year at most) and let alone dating someone (I've only dated once in my life and I was panicking over everything).

It looks like I'll be going to another city in a few months for a whole year, but it's not confirmed it's happening yet but I hope I go there because I want to see if being in another city helps me get into the community, or at least meet some LGBT people.

I'm 23 btw

Gibbs

Try living in a small town in Mexico. I never grew up having a gay friend...actually, I think I don't have any gay friends at all right now. It has been very hard for me to hook up with someone (once a year at most) and let alone dating someone (I've only dated once in my life and I was panicking over everything).

It looks like I'll be going to another city in a few months for a whole year, but it's not confirmed it's happening yet but I hope I go there because I want to see if being in another city helps me get into the community, or at least meet some LGBT people.

I'm 23 btw

How is homosexuality treated in Mexico? If it works out going to another city, then there's hope! Wishing you the best. Luckily you're still young, you got time.

Norfolk and you're far from ugly btw.

I'm originally from Philadelphia which is where I moved back to for now.

I've been to Norfolk before. I imagine Philly is better all around. Which place do you prefer more?

I've been to Norfolk before. I imagine Philly is better all around. Which place do you prefer more?

I love Norfolk, it's more friendly by far but my god there is jackshit to do compared to Philly lol. Here in the city there's whole blocks called the gayborhood with our own rainbow flag on the street signs. So Philly has more to do and better food but I am a very social person and like to connect so it's a bit of a tie.

If I could take all of the best parts of Philly and move back to Norfolk it would be great.

I still might move back though lol.

I was just flirting with a guy when i found out he was administration at my school

Yikes, back to square one then. How have you been?

Crayons

Banned
Yikes, back to square one then. How have you been?
Thanks for asking! I've been fine. I've been working my job as a salesman, I'm doing well. I got promoted. Because I'm working so much I've had a lot less time to be being sleeping around. Kinda sucks. But this is the first time I used Grindr or Growlr in 2017. Hope I can meet some nice quality men.

Thanks for asking! I've been fine. I've been working my job as a salesman, I'm doing well. I got promoted. Because I'm working so much I've had a lot less time to be being sleeping around. Kinda sucks. But this is the first time I used Grindr or Growlr in 2017. Hope I can meet some nice quality men.

Glad to hear how well you're doing and how things are looking up for you.

I'm sure that quality guy will appear in due time.

mantidor

I'm 23 btw

I guess it's not Mexico City? Because you don't sound hopeful and from what I've heard Mexico City has a huge gay scene.

And yes, moving is your best chance!

Dany

Banned
I need couch advice. What couches do you guys like or have? The one we currently have is a little to hard and firm. I like to sink into my couches

daripad

How is homosexuality treated in Mexico? If it works out going to another city, then there's hope! Wishing you the best. Luckily you're still young, you got time.

It changes a lot depending on where you are. Big cities are great, but small towns have a lot of homophobia and are not really safe to be out there.

I guess it's not Mexico City? Because you don't sound hopeful and from what I've heard Mexico City has a huge gay scene.

And yes, moving is your best chance!

Nope, but hopefully one day I can move in there.

Yeah, being away from family will definitely give me a lot more freedom and I can be out from the beginning :)

I couldn't even imagine living in any other place then I do now. Even in a liberal town like mine is bad. Only one person in my life knows that I'm bi because I feel everyone else would treat me worse if they knew. Some of the things my boss says to me about LGBTQ+ because he assumes I am heterosexual just disgusts me. I really feel for people who live in more hostile/unfriendly places.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Top Bottom