• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Maybe my time volunteering at a health place is coming to an end soon. I no longer have desk of my own and have to share a computer. And the systems have changed so I can't even scan things to myself, a major part of my job. I had my own office from mid 2014 to early 2016!

In a few months I will probably need to put in more hours here and it is worth doing that. But things are going in a bad direction. Nobody is happy.

I don't have instagram nor go to the gym... I should go hahah

How are you people doing?
I'm eatching some old (and good) Simpsons's episodes.

Gibbs

I don't have instagram nor go to the gym... I should go hahah

How are you people doing?
I'm eatching some old (and good) Simpsons's episodes.

Pssh you can cheer on us fitness people. The gym isn't as glorious as I thought. Sure I enjoy my therapy time, but hot guys are a hit or miss.

I'm doing well, just got in from the gym, about to shower and watch some tv, Perhaps catch up on Supernatural or hit Netflix and finish up the Flash Season 2. Simpsons FTW!

Not ugly in the slightest!

Ugh man that's horrible, nothing wrong with being a bit heavier, more to hold on to ;)

Btw hey guys! I haven't really posted in here since I joined Gaf so thought I'd properly introduce myself :)

I tell people I'm fugly hahahaha. The thing is, he was the one who wanted me to put the weight on as he liked heavier guys, then when it happened, not so much. Really kills the whole self confidence thing. He made me believe I was, and well, still am truly disgusting. Thankfully, I lost that weight I gained while I dated him sooooo its good now. Heeeey! =)

Jesus Vazduh, I know I've said this before but you're a total cutie! Some really nice shots on here as well.

I didn't want to say it and be the new member creeper, but he definitely is attractive.

I did abs at home today. My kitties kept trying to lay on the yoga mat while I was exercising :(

Abs is like the death of me. I have nagging stomach fat and ugh, when the abs hurt the next morning I want to die. The kitties simply wanting to workout with you!

Kill it!

I did legs today. So good!

Leg day is heaven and hell. Sure, it's amazing when you do so, but hell the next day. One time I couldn't do stairs or sit on the toliet. My leg day is probably tomorrow or Friday. Today was strictly cardio, 800 calories done.

I have been having problems with this guy at my gym. He accused me of taking pictures of him and "making fun of him." I told him "Uh bruh, I was well over 300 pounds at one point, I joined here at over 200 pounds and I know the deal with being uncomfortable." I even handed my iphone to him and told him to look if he was concerned and he refused. Like fucking really. Tonight he was there again as I was leaving and we made eye contact, followed with a stare down. No disrespect but I refuse to allow some random guy who I've seen there once try to claim the place as his own. He even stands at machines and stares people down so they'll finish faster. Dude is a massive dick.

Hear a podcast, looks up actress, might start watching Superstore because Colton Dunn is also in it, sees she had a movie out last year "Teenage Cocktail", starts to watch it...man the build up to the trainwreck is killing me because I thought it would happen already and still teasing

Wait wtf, wtf wtf

I think I got white face blindness or I really wasn't paying attention to the details of this movie

Vazduh

Jesus Vazduh, I know I've said this before but you're a total cutie! Some really nice shots on here as well.

6J5QkTr.gif

Thank you, qt pie! <3 Also, happy to see you in this thread as well. (You look great, btw!) I use the account mostly to post photos. I do analog photography as hobby so most of the shots I post come from film scans. I rarely post photos of myself since I prefer being behind the camera, but there's an occasional acceptable angle I don't mind posting
ZcUrO1q.gif

Gibbs, thank you as well! :)

(p.s. that ex of yours sounds like a scumbag. And I'm sure by now you know it's not worth changing your appearance for somebody else, especially if it's something as drastic as weight gain - I mean, your health was at stake!)

Ok real spoiler for this film
can lesbian and bi women still not have plot armor of some shit! Yet another gun being fired at them. Then the implying one of them died this time

NVM mid credit shot seems to undo it? Maybe probably?

Thank you, qt pie! <3 Also, happy to see you in this thread as well. (You look great, btw!) I use the account mostly to post photos. I do analog photography as hobby so most of the shots I post come from film scans. I rarely post photos of myself since I prefer being behind the camera, but there's an occasional acceptable angle I don't mind posting
ZcUrO1q.gif

Aw thanks :) Yeah it's all about those good angles lol! You've obviously got a really good eye for photography, ever studied it before?

I tell people I'm fugly hahahaha. The thing is, he was the one who wanted me to put the weight on as he liked heavier guys, then when it happened, not so much. Really kills the whole self confidence thing. He made me believe I was, and well, still am truly disgusting. Thankfully, I lost that weight I gained while I dated him sooooo its good now. Heeeey! =)

Ew what an arsehole, no one should ever make another person feel like that. His loss I guess!

Cheers!

Vazduh

Aw thanks :) Yeah it's all about those good angles lol! You've obviously got a really good eye for photography, ever studied it before?

Thank you!

No, actually, I'm a total amateur. I used to have a small half-frame camera (Golden Half - highly recommended to anyone who's looking for something cheap, light and fun to play with) that I always carried around to my friends' gigs, and with time I just wanted something more advanced, so I got a Praktica MTL5B (basically, an analog SLR with a prime lens). However, I wanted to learn more about the whole process so I took several Coursera courses which helped a lot. Now I'm a member of a local photo club so we'll see what happens. Shooting analog is so much fun, and especially developing b/w film on your own and waiting for the results. It's a great way to pass time, and also quite rewarding.

Of course, it can also be a bit expensive, depending on where you live, but I'm lucky in that regard - scanning of one developed roll costs me 10 HRK (that's ~1,5 USD).

Thank you!

No, actually, I'm a total amateur. I used to have a small half-frame camera (Golden Half - highly recommended to anyone who's looking for something cheap, light and fun to play with) that I always carried around to my friends' gigs, and with time I just wanted something more advanced, so I got a Praktica MTL5B (basically, an analog SLR with a prime lens). However, I wanted to learn more about the whole process so I took several Coursera courses which helped a lot. Now I'm a member of a local photo club so we'll see what happens. Shooting analog is so much fun, and especially developing b/w film on your own and waiting for the results. It's a great way to pass time, and also quite rewarding.

Of course, it can also be a bit expensive, depending on where you live, but I'm lucky in that regard - scanning of one developed roll costs me 10 HRK (that's ~1,5 USD).

Haha thanks for the recommendation, love the hello kitty design! Ah that sounds great, I studied fine art at uni but never really got to use slr, just digital. I dropped out of the course though and haven't really been painting/photographing for the last few years, been meaning to get back into them just as a hobby, want to remember why I enjoyed them in the first place!

Vazduh

I actually had the exact same model, cool stuff. Very limited in terms of control, but fun to use and really small - among the smallest 35mm cameras ever made, and possibly the smallest.

Takes good photos in nice weather, too.

It's a good idea to give it another go, maybe it reignites that passion! Of course, when you feel like it.

I've been watching this person talk about topology on the Numberphile channel on YouTube for the first time tonight. He's one of my new favourite people.
eg:
A Hole in a Hole in a Hole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Rxep2Mkp8
It features such quotes as "Let me take that inner hole and stretch it a little bit" and "I'm now touching that place."

There's also a different person on that channel explaining Enigma and how the code was broken:
Explaining the Enigma Machine/Code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2_Q9FoD-oQ
How it was broken (RIP Alan Turing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4V2bpZlqx8

Also I met and talked with Simon Singh, the owner of that enigma machine, on a party boat on Sydney Harbour!

I'm currently watching Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them. My neighbor sent it over with two bags of peanut m&ms and 6 power aid zeros. Another neighbor send me cake over. I'm a lucky guy!

I still haven't got round to seeing this. I'm a big HP fan but I've never liked David Yates' directing style, plus sorry to the Redmayne fans but he just doesn't do it for me. I found him cringey to watch just in the trailers, his contrived awkward acting is too self aware and affected, like a year 7 drama student given the task of playing someone who's 'different'. Also ew at Johnny Depp being
Grindelwald

EDIT: sorry this post is a bit overly negative, I just had high hopes which shrunk every time a new name was attached to the project. Will prob give it a chance and rent it on lazy day off.

Alrus

I still haven't got round to seeing this. I'm a big HP fan but I've never liked David Yates' directing style, plus sorry to the Redmayne fans but he just doesn't do it for me. I found him cringey to watch just in the trailers, his contrived awkward acting is too self aware and affected, like a year 7 drama student given the task of playing someone who's 'different'. Also ew at Johnny Depp being
Grendelwald

EDIT: sorry this post is a bit overly negative, I just had high hopes which shrunk every time a new name was attached to the project. Will prob give it a chance and rent it on lazy day off.

Honestly Redmayne is fine (I was expecting to be annoyed by the weird affected acting but it's not nearly as bad as some people were saying) and the rest of the cast is quite endearing.

Movie is far from perfect though.

Bladenic

The wrestling emoji &#129340;*&#9794;&#65039;&#129340;*&#9794;&#65039;&#129340;*&#9794;&#65039;

Apple is so gay &#127752;&#127752;

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Gibbs

Zero²;233859279 said:
It's leg day for me today ugh, so tiresome :p

Tiresome only begins to describe it. May the gainz be amazing and the pain be less! Hope you have a great workout!

Ew what an arsehole, no one should ever make another person feel like that. His loss I guess!

What's sad is he'll do it again and again. It took me over a year just to look at myself in a mirror, and I still struggle but it has gotten better.

6J5QkTr.gif

ZcUrO1q.gif

Gibbs, thank you as well! :)

(p.s. that ex of yours sounds like a scumbag. And I'm sure by now you know it's not worth changing your appearance for somebody else, especially if it's something as drastic as weight gain - I mean, your health was at stake!)

Oh I learned changing for him was stupid now haha. I was such an idiot &#128514;

Zero²

Tiresome only begins to describe it. May the gainz be amazing and the pain be less! Hope you have a great workout!
ehhh, my gains are fine but I'm unhappy with my ass haha Guess you cant have everything, since my upper body looks way better. Weirdly it was always the opposite, wonder if the older I get the less ass I'll have? :O

lenovox1

Zero²;233867307 said:
ehhh, my gains are fine but I'm unhappy with my ass haha Guess you cant have everything, since my upper body looks way better. Weirdly it was always the opposite, wonder if the older I get the less ass I'll have? :O

The less body fat you have the less ass you will have. Sounds like you gain and lose weight first from your hips.

Lucky.

JCX

The less body fat you have the less ass you will have. Sounds like you gain and lose weight first from your hips.

Lucky.

I wish my fat hips would let me be great. this midsection is gonna be the death of me. I don't need abs, i just want the muffin top to go away.

Crayons

Banned
Ahhh. I love putting on facial masks in the morning. Its so relaxing. And then by the time I take all of them of and I use all my other products, my skin is glowing and refreshed. It's so nice and calming before work.

Gibbs

Zero²;233867307 said:

Have you tried squats and such? try fitness blender on YouTube also if you are looking into that specific area. I'm struggling with losing my ass/waist area. Though I can fit into a sz 32 now so that's a victory!

Lucky.

Definitely lucky! I'm trying to lose the last of my love handles. Though I'm noticing more and more mine is more excess skin.

Zero²

Lucky.
but I cant lose my belly fat, I have to choose between having an ass or showing my abs. UGH
I want all my fat to go to my legs/ass, is that asking too much? hahah
PS: I'm skinny, fat has never been a huge problem, but my body-fat percentage was like 20% last year, and now it must be close to 17-16%. The thing is, the recommended body-fat for my group age is like 10% or lower, without that no abs baby. Hate localized fat #rant
Have you tried squats and such? try fitness blender on YouTube also if you are looking into that specific area. I'm struggling with losing my ass/waist area. Though I can fit into a sz 32 now so that's a victory!
Yep, my training is pretty good, hence my legs/ass got a lot more defined, but as such I lost a lot of the fat I had over there, and it got smaller overall ya know?
I mean I love my bf big ass, big asses are amazing!

Guess I have to give up on the abs and just bulk the fuck up, it will make wonders for my training overall I bet, specially since I'm tired as fuck all the time because of work/uni.

Gibbs

Zero²;233872455 said:
but I cant lose my belly fat, I have to choose between having an ass or showing my abs. UGH

Unfortunately it is haha. I rather have a flat stomach personally. A nice ass is cool, but a fine chest makes me drool. Not too muscler though.

Anybody have tips on how to slim my legs? I feel like they're not shrinking with the rest of me. I started to do the stationary bike at the gym and I do the treadmill. Sometimes elliptical.

Unfortunately it is haha. I rather have a flat stomach personally. A nice ass is cool, but a fine chest makes me drool. Not too muscler though.

Anybody have tips on how to slim my legs? I feel like they're not shrinking with the rest of me. I started to do the stationary bike at the gym and I do the treadmill. Sometimes elliptical.

You said you do cardio right? how much of that do you do? that should help in the slimming process.

Kevyt

I am going through the process of trying to be on PrEP, and I'm putting myself out there as "an individual at high risk" and finding out what my options are.

It's been quite an eye opening experience. There's so many challenges that even the place I thought had the most readily available access and linkage to care has not been as smooth of a process as I thought it would be.

KmA

Zero²;233872455 said:
PS: I'm skinny, fat has never been a huge problem, but my body-fat percentage was like 20% last year, and now it must be close to 17-16%. The thing is, the recommended body-fat for my group age is like 10% or lower, without that no abs baby. Hate localized fat #rant

Yep, my training is pretty good, hence my legs/ass got a lot more defined, but as such I lost a lot of the fat I had over there, and it got smaller overall ya know?
I mean I love my bf big ass, big asses are amazing!

Guess I have to give up on the abs and just bulk the fuck up, it will make wonders for my training overall I bet, specially since I'm tired as fuck all the time because of work/uni.

I literally will never have abs because I cannot cut for more than 6 weeks without thinking I've become insanely weak lol. I feel like my entire body needs a ton of work, especially my upper body. I'm not gonna be at my goal body for another 2-3 years if I keep at it.

Gibbs

You said you do cardio right? how much of that do you do? that should help in the slimming process.

Yeah I do cardio.

I use to go to the gym 2-3 days a week and do 20-30 minutes of cardio then. Some days when my chest didn't bother me i'd go 45 minutes on the elliptical(I got punched in the chest extremely hard and I've had issues ever since. Arm goes numb, chest hurts when my heart rate rises.

Now I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, and usually do 25-30 minutes each time. I aim at 3-400 calories plus whatever I burn using the machines. I did an hour and fifteen minute cardio on the treadmill for 800 calories last night since the gym was sort of busy.

Vazduh

I am going through the process of trying to be on PrEP, and I'm putting myself out there as "an individual at high risk" and finding out what my options are.

It's been quite an eye opening experience. There's so many challenges that even the place I thought had the most readily available access and linkage to care has not been as smooth of a process as I thought it would be.

Oh

f6R5LdV.gif

Can your medical insurance cover at least part of the costs? And is it something you have to take or you just want lesser risk of contracting HIV?

Ahhh. I love putting on facial masks in the morning. Its so relaxing. And then by the time I take all of them of and I use all my other products, my skin is glowing and refreshed. It's so nice and calming before work.
Congratulations on the job.

And all the 'facials'.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hello, LGBT+ book readers. I just finished reading What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell after it was recommended in this thread.

Unfortunately, I don't think I understood the book on a deep level. The ending came and went and I felt very little emotional connection with the main character. I also was not affected by the final events. If anyone who has read and enjoyed the book wanted to dicuss it, my PM inbox is open. I'd love to understand better why it resonates with people and perhaps why it didn't click for me.

That said, I enjoyed the writing and the way the novel was presented. I found the second section in particular to be quite gripping (which is perhaps telling, given how it differs from the other sections). I certainly wouldn't try to dissuade anyone from reading it, as I did enjoy it. I just didn't connect with the novel in a way that I expected or hoped.

I hope everyone in here is doing well. Welcome to all the new people. :)

Lmao I'm dying. My friend was telling me how he ordered a kids meal from a restaurant for pick up cause it's cheaper and he was counting calories. And when he went to pick it up, they had the gall to be all "...where's the kid??"

Can food places really do this? I thought it didn't matter since you're paying a cheaper price for less food.

Lmao I'm dying. My friend was telling me how he ordered a kids meal from a restaurant for pick up cause it's cheaper and he was counting calories. And when he went to pick it up, they had the gall to be all "...where's the kid??"

Can food places really do this? I thought it didn't matter since you're paying a cheaper price for less food.

He paid for it so who cares, it's not their business and I worked in food.

Gibbs

They have no right to ask. He paid for the meal, not sure why the place made such a big deal. I know many older people who order kids meals.

Top Bottom