• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

DOWN

Banned
It's #GivingTuesday so go use Smile.amazon.com to earn free donations for your charities and go donate time or money or your word of mouth if you can

I think I might have under tipped the person who cut my hair today.

They managed to talk me into buying some product, but then I tipped 20% on the haircut, disregarding the cost of the product. Idk would you guys (USA members) tip on just the cut?

They managed to talk me into buying some product, but then I tipped 20% on the haircut, disregarding the cost of the product. Idk would you guys (USA members) tip on just the cut?

just the cut. they already suckered you to buy the overpriced products. that was just bonus for them (y)

its okay. i got suckered into buying their product that wasn't worth the price lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You don't tip on product and they're probably happy they offloaded some on you anyway.

DOWN

Banned

If you had just gone in to buy product, would you have tipped? No

Nah, it was Lorazepam. Did you have issues with Wellbutrin, or does it have that reputation?

Umm.. Not necessarily, I don't think. I was initially on Cipralex for my anxiety. But it was giving me sexual side effects (couldn't maintain erection etc) so my doctor switched me to Wellbutrin. I haven't had those side effects on it, although I feel like it doesn't treat my anxiety as well.

I asked because Wellbutrin is apparently one of the drugs that suppresses your appetite, so weight loss can be common while you're on it. 10lbs in a week seems like a lot tho.

Dany

Banned
Mad Men is the best TV show of all time.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2Fgiphy-2.gif

Is it bad that I'm more self-conscious of my pasty legs while at the gym than my body? XD At least it's winter and I won't look so out of place soon, haha.

I'm feeling good about my body right now too, actually. I can see a difference in the mirror.

Umm.. Not necessarily, I don't think. I was initially on Cipralex for my anxiety. But it was giving me sexual side effects (couldn't maintain erection etc) so my doctor switched me to Wellbutrin. I haven't had those side effects on it, although I feel like it doesn't treat my anxiety as well.

I asked because Wellbutrin is apparently one of the drugs that suppresses your appetite, so weight loss can be common while you're on it. 10lbs in a week seems like a lot tho.

Yeah, my current meds (Cymbalta) gives me those sexual side effects currently. I thought it was kinda normal though, and it was worth curbing the extreme nature of my down moods.

Besides, that side effect is pretty much no longer relevant to me ATM. XD

Yeah, my current meds (Cymbalta) gives me those sexual side effects currently. I thought it was kinda normal though, and it was worth curbing the extreme nature of my down moods.

Besides, that side effect is pretty much no longer relevant to me ATM. XD

Yeah that makes sense :) I'm pretty sexually active for the most part so it was affecting me in ways I wasn't super cool with!
It's kinda nice to know that someone can relate to the same issues with this stuff tho!

_Isaac

I remember taking Wellbutrin when I was a teen. I don't think it made me lose appetite, but it also didn't affect me in any way positive or negative.

mantidor

I just saw this documentary about gay palestinians living in Israel, "Oriented", it's certainly worth a watch, there are a few cliches here and there but I guess the biggest surprise is how "mundane" it feels, for lack of a better world, and I mean that as a compliment. It's just refreshing seen gay arabs as just very normal people, living actually kind of normal lives, although of course the circumstances are not exactly "normal". It's on Netflix.

Salarians

I got a flier in the mail for a "Victory Sale" a gun shop upstate is having. There's even a photo of the owner and their family smiling next to a Trumppence sign. Very classy.

Much more importantly, FFXV is good and Twin Peaks is the best TV show of all time.

giphy.gif

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I got a flier in the mail for a "Victory Sale" a gun shop upstate is having. There's even a photo of the owner and their family smiling next to a Trumppence sign. Very classy.

Much more importantly, FFXV is good and Twin Peaks is the best TV show of all time.
It always bothered me how red that series was.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

giphy.gif

I like you.

Some guy at the gym. Stopped to say how my gryffindor quidditch shirt was cool. I should have shouted team gryffindor but I taken aback by his randomnesses so I just said thanks. And went back to killing myself on bench press

Got it from target go get one and yourself a rogue one shirt to support UNICEF.

Yeah that makes sense :) I'm pretty sexually active for the most part so it was affecting me in ways I wasn't super cool with!
It's kinda nice to know that someone can relate to the same issues with this stuff tho!

Yeah, for sure. Sometimes I wonder if my Cymbalta actually does anything. In the past there are times where I should have been crying, but didn't. It made me feel guilty at the time. But I also still get really down on occasion, and it's not like my mood is made "happy" (or an approximation thereof) by it.

I guess I just didn't really know what to expect, and now I don't want to go through the pain of changing meds. Not only is it literally physically painful, as you experience withdrawal as you lower your intake -- it also would suck because Cymbalta just got a generic version that lowered the price from $140 to $40 a month. I'm covered by insurance, but I need to pay for it upfront.

Any advice?

Pokemon and final fantasy ruins lgbt-gaf. AGAIN. ������

Are you really surprised? :p I feel like Pokemon especially is part of the LGBT culture. I don't know what attracts us to it -- again, I finished Red but only dabbled later on -- but it seems almost omnipresent.

Yeah, for sure. Sometimes I wonder if my Cymbalta actually does anything. In the past there are times where I should have been crying, but didn't. It made me feel guilty at the time. But I also still get really down on occasion, and it's not like my mood is made "happy" (or an approximation thereof) by it.

I guess I just didn't really know what to expect, and now I don't want to go through the pain of changing meds. Not only is it literally physically painful, as you experience withdrawal as you lower your intake -- it also would suck because Cymbalta just got a generic version that lowered the price from $140 to $40 a month. I'm covered by insurance, but I need to pay for it upfront.

Any advice?

Umm.. Advice on that, I'm not a hundred percent sure. I'm up in Canada, and my coverage up here for prescriptions is pretty good. So i'm not really sure how it works for you (I assume you're in the US?)
I will say though that switching meds is definitely brutal. When I did a straight switch from Cipralex to Wellbutrin, I felt like I was going to puke for like a good 2-3 days straight. :S Just felt so sick to my stomach, dizzy, my head hurt etc. And my dosage is pretty low! I can't imagine switching on a higher dosage.

I also know what you mean. There are some days where I feel like my Wellbutrin doesn't even work for my anxiety. But I keep putting things into perspective, because I still feel like it would be a ton worse if I wasn't currently taking it. I only started taking medication in like February so I can definitely remember what I was like prior to starting.

Umm.. Advice on that, I'm not a hundred percent sure. I'm up in Canada, and my coverage up here for prescriptions is pretty good. So i'm not really sure how it works for you (I assume you're in the US?)
I will say though that switching meds is definitely brutal. When I did a straight switch from Cipralex to Wellbutrin, I felt like I was going to puke for like a good 2-3 days straight. :S Just felt so sick to my stomach, dizzy, my head hurt etc. And my dosage is pretty low! I can't imagine switching on a higher dosage.

I also know what you mean. There are some days where I feel like my Wellbutrin doesn't even work for my anxiety. But I keep putting things into perspective, because I still feel like it would be a ton worse if I wasn't currently taking it. I only started taking medication in like February so I can definitely remember what I was like prior to starting.

Actually, I live in Canada too! Manitoba, to be exact. But our medication isn't covered until we pay $2000 to get into the covered "donut."

And I'm on the max dosage, so it really would be quite a comedown. I don't know, but if I feel like my issues are getting worse, I'll talk to the doc. Right now though, I'm doing quite well! I have down days, of course, but I'm definitely on an upward trend. :)

So I came out to my parents a few days ago. My mom texted me saying they love me and I will always be their son but.. I'm still nervous about seeing them for the first time tomorrow (I left a letter telling them I was gay, didn't do it in person). My parents (in particular my mom) are ultra conservative and very religious. Just don't want to deal with any of that.

So I came out to my parents a few days ago. My mom texted me saying they love me and I will always be their son but.. I'm still nervous about seeing them for the first time tomorrow (I left a letter telling them I was gay, didn't do it in person). My parents (in particular my mom) are ultra conservative and very religious. Just don't want to deal with any of that.

Good for you! I didn't come out until I was 28. I started with my sister and brother in law, who were super supportive. My parents, on the other hand, were a different story. My mom cried and said "This isn't what I wanted for you," and said that my dad's side of the family (who they are recently hanging out with a lot) makes fun of gay people a lot. Like that's a knock against *me* somehow. My dad wouldn't say anything at all.

They're more or less used to it now, although I feel they still don't "like" it. But at least I don't have to hide who I am now. I'm sure you'll feel the same. :)

Good for you! I didn't come out until I was 28. I started with my sister and brother in law, who were super supportive. My parents, on the other hand, were a different story. My mom cried and said "This isn't what I wanted for you," and said that my dad's side of the family (who they are recently hanging out with a lot) makes fun of gay people a lot. Like that's a knock against *me* somehow. My dad wouldn't say anything at all.

They're more or less used to it now, although I feel they still don't "like" it. But at least I don't have to hide who I am now. I'm sure you'll feel the same. :)

I really hope so... Similar to you, my dad's side of the family are pretty anti gay. And I've heard my parents say some fairly negative things in the past about gay people. At least it's done, I guess. No more hiding and who knows, maybe their attitude about it will change bc of me. Thanks btw :)

Actually, I live in Canada too! Manitoba, to be exact. But our medication isn't covered until we pay $2000 to get into the covered "donut."

And I'm on the max dosage, so it really would be quite a comedown. I don't know, but if I feel like my issues are getting worse, I'll talk to the doc. Right now though, I'm doing quite well! I have down days, of course, but I'm definitely on an upward trend. :)

Oh OK! 2000? Ouch! :( That's a lot! Hang in there!

Oh yeah, a switch from the max dosage would probably require you to taper off of the first one before switching to the second one instead of a straight switch. Definitely wouldn't feel good for the first little while :(

Just take good care of yourself, mind and body :) And yeah, if you feel anything at all that you're concerned about, the Dr is a call away!

I really hope so... Similar to you, my dad's side of the family are pretty anti gay. And I've heard my parents say some fairly negative things in the past about gay people. At least it's done, I guess. No more hiding and who knows, maybe their attitude about it will change bc of me. Thanks btw :)

Of course! That's what we're here for. And if you are ever having a rough time, feel free to message me. I'll be happy to share what little experience and knowledge I have. We're all behind you!

Oh OK! 2000? Ouch! :( That's a lot! Hang in there!

Oh yeah, a switch from the max dosage would probably require you to taper off of the first one before switching to the second one instead of a straight switch. Definitely wouldn't feel good for the first little while :(

Just take good care of yourself, mind and body :) And yeah, if you feel anything at all that you're concerned about, the Dr is a call away!

Thanks, I will! I'm actually just motivating myself to move from doing school work in the library to going to the gym. So I'm certainly doing my best. I'm not letting negativity into my life anymore.

Top Bottom