• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Zero²

So I came out to my parents a few days ago. My mom texted me saying they love me and I will always be their son but.. I'm still nervous about seeing them for the first time tomorrow (I left a letter telling them I was gay, didn't do it in person). My parents (in particular my mom) are ultra conservative and very religious. Just don't want to deal with any of that.
Wow a letter, what exactly did you write on it?

Thanks, I will! I'm actually just motivating myself to move from doing school work in the library to going to the gym. So I'm certainly doing my best. I'm not letting negativity into my life anymore.
I feel that. The struggle has been a little more real for me lately. I'm 9 weeks out of knee surgery from a sports injury so I still can't play sports/full on work out for a few more months. All I can do is knee rehab so I'm in a state of total anxiety lately. :S

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Never had them... How much sodium do they have?

It's not to put you off or something, but I just don't like it when stuff is swimming in sodium :p

The regular kind is 550mg per serving (16 slices), though they do have a low sodium option (250mg per 16 slices)!

So I came out to my parents a few days ago. My mom texted me saying they love me and I will always be their son but.. I'm still nervous about seeing them for the first time tomorrow (I left a letter telling them I was gay, didn't do it in person). My parents (in particular my mom) are ultra conservative and very religious. Just don't want to deal with any of that.

Good luck bro!

Worked up the courage to talk to my work crush today.

He mentioned his ex-GIRLfriend.

fml.

(yes he could be bi possibly but I highly doubt that)

Alrus

Welp my hate play of FF XIII has been cut short because the game suddenly decided it would refuse to launch in full screen (works fine when windowed but I hate played windowed games and it doesn't even have a borderless option) and the game isn't worth the time it would take to understand why it won't work anymore. Shame, as awful as the writing was I was starting to enjoy the gameplay and was kinda curious about how dumb the story would get.

berzeli

Banned
Haven't seen it and don't really feel I need to.
It's not Altman's finest hour, but if you like the show you'll like the film. I found it funnier than the show (or rather its sense of humour was more in line with mine as it deals with the absurdities within war and the military rather than introducing absurdity into war and the military) and Sutherland is great as Hawkeye. So I would recommend it for fans of the show it's pretty damn neat.
You know, except for the sexism part. The sexism is bad. Like bad even for the 70s bad. And the 70s were fucking horrible. It's genuinely difficult to straight up recommend it for that reason.

kuYuri

Welp my hate play of FF XIII has been cut short because the game suddenly decided it would refuse to launch in full screen (works fine when windowed but I hate played windowed games and it doesn't even have a borderless option) and the game isn't worth the time it would take to understand why it won't work anymore. Shame, as awful as the writing was I was starting to enjoy the gameplay and was kinda curious about how dumb the story would get.

According to this page, the game is always in borderless fullscreen. But there's a way to force exclusive fullscreen. Have you tried it?

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII

Guys, I think my girl Lara Croft is having a rough time. I'm loving RotTR, but maybe it didn't do so well; she's now doing demo pics for exercise equipment at my gym:

15253473_101549095369adrr8.jpg

Also, this machine is brutal. I was fine while doing it, but when I got off I could barely walk. XD I stretched it out and walked the treadmill though, so I should be fine tomorrow.

I kind of like the Altman film better. In spite of its severely underwritten female parts and at times horrendous sexism.

I was actually recently exposed to Altman for the first time in my Narrative Film class. We watched Nashville. It was... interesting. Honestly, it was kind of a slog, and his adherence to realistic set design and audio made for really busy shots and dialogue. This made the film a bit difficult to follow, along with not really having much of a main protagonist.

Still, it was an interesting piece of history -- even if it's not my cup of tea. It's very much a cultural snapshot, which is what he was going for.

Sibylus

Banned
It's not Altman's finest hour, but if you like the show you'll like the film. I found it funnier than the show (or rather its sense of humour was more in line with mine as it deals with the absurdities within war and the military rather than introducing absurdity into war and the military) and Sutherland is great as Hawkeye. So I would recommend it for fans of the show it's pretty damn neat.
You know, except for the sexism part. The sexism is bad. Like bad even for the 70s bad. And the 70s were fucking horrible. It's genuinely difficult to straight up recommend it for that reason.

Yeah... that and how the film handles its subject matter are a hard turn-off. I like equity and I like balance between tragedy and light.

So it's looking like a friend and I are gonna hook up when he's in town next. I work at a bakery, and let's say there's been lots of innuendo about buns and pounding going around. :p I've thought he was extremely cute for a long time, so it's kind of exciting!

I'm a bit nervous, however. I've never done a hookup before. This will be with a friend, so I know I'll be safe. But I'm just worried it'll be awkward or something. Any advice or tips? Other than the obvious using protection etc., of course.

I figure if I end up finding out it's not my thing, at least it'll be with someone who'll understand.

So it's looking like a friend and I are gonna hook up when he's in town next. I work at a bakery, and let's say there's been lots of innuendo about buns and pounding going around. :p I've thought he was extremely cute for a long time, so it's kind of exciting!

I'm a bit nervous, however. I've never done a hookup before. This will be with a friend, so I know I'll be safe. But I'm just worried it'll be awkward or something. Any advice or tips? Other than the obvious using protection etc., of course.

I figure if I end up finding out it's not my thing, at least it'll be with someone who'll understand.

Congrats on the sex ;P

Advice.. well, I usually wave goodbye with my hand clutched after so he can't see that I have his wallet in it.

jk

Seriously tho, just try to let loose and have fun :). You guys are both after the same thing. And just try to be open with each other. If it feels weird for you, tell him. But otherwise, best advice I can give is that it's hotter and feels better for you when you're not feeling nervous. So don't be :)

Also don't wait for the jizz to dry.

Good on you! :D

I have yet to tell anyone in my family but I'm sure all will be ok with you and your parents :)

Alrus

According to this page, the game is always in borderless fullscreen. But there's a way to force exclusive fullscreen. Have you tried it?

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII

Yeah I tried that, doesn't change anything. The game starts loading very briefly then immediately turns off without any error message or anything. I really don't get it, it ran fine for the first few days and it runs fine in windowed mode so it must be something to do with full screen but I don't see what. Oh well.

Edit: Well it's fixed, apparently was a registry key issue.

JCX

Set last night went very well. New closing bit about grindr racism consistently kills, so I can use my old closer as an opening bit.

It was also the first time I invited a guy on a date to a show. He liked it, and he convinced me to go do karaoke after.

DOWN

Banned
I'm proud of my parents for being pretty good at iMessage
It also turns out I have mono. :(

pls kill me.
My mom had me tested for mono like 3 times in high school because she said I was negative and not very active.

i didn't have mono and it was just literally me

Guys, I think my girl Lara Croft is having a rough time. I'm loving RotTR, but maybe it didn't do so well; she's now doing demo pics for exercise equipment at my gym:

Nothing surprises me about that basic anymore. She's fallen hard from her Lucozade promotion days.

#UKGAF4LYF

bev_luc_lara.jpg

So I think I'm going to hire a personal trainer. Pray for my skinny ass and untoned stomach, brethren.

OrionX

It also turns out I have mono. :(

pls kill me.

I got mono once in high school. I just remember being really exhausted and passing out as soon as I got back from school.

I'm proud of my parents for being pretty good at iMessage

My dad doesn't even own a cellphone... he doesn't like people. lol

We made him carry an old flip phone once, but then his truck got broken into and that was one of the only things they took. He refused to get another one. And for the record he's not 90 he's in his mid-50's. Yep.

DOWN

Banned
I don't get the surrogate idea. Like how popular is it for gay men to get a surrogate to have kids? I guess to me it feels like adopting is just as valid a way to become a parent and have that bond and family legacy so I don't get surrogacy for gay men but I'd love to hear about it and the motivations

Dany

Banned
It's the same idea for surrogacy for any person or couple. They want a child that is a part of them, their lineage and "has their eyes". It is cheaper to adopt, that is for sure. Also surrogacy is easier with regards to laws about parental rights and etc. Usually a couple and the surrogate create a contract with a mediator and that's it. It's more complicated for adoption from what I recall.

You are also insinuating that adoption is equitable to surrogacy; with regards to "bond" and "family legacy". And some people would disagree.

It's the same idea for surrogacy for any person or couple. They want a child that is a part of them, their lineage and "has their eyes". It is cheaper to adopt, that is for sure. Also surrogacy is easier with regards to laws about parental rights and etc. Usually a couple and the surrogate create a contract with a mediator and that's it. It's more complicated for adoption from what I recall.

You are also insinuating that adoption is equitable to surrogacy; with regards to "bond" and "family legacy". And some people would disagree.

I mean you can say "I" dude.

Dany

Banned
I mean you can say "I" dude.

:p I would likely adopt. I've read several articles on heterosexual couples and adoption v. surrogacy. I essentially had an entire class devoted to this. The argument isn't the same for homosexual couple's, but I can see it from both perspectives.

:p I would likely adopt. I've read several articles on heterosexual couples and adoption v. surrogacy. I essentially had an entire class devoted to this. The argument isn't the same for homosexual couple's, but I can see it from both perspectives.

Yeah, I see the appeal of surrogacy. My gene pool is a mess though.

DOWN

Banned
I would adopt a Pokemon.
❤️

I guess your last paragraph is most key. There likely are plenty of people that would consider an adopted child as less of family. Not always in a cruel sense, but nonetheless.

Well I specifiy gay men because I have heard heterosexual couples talk about it before and it is facilitating something (a pregnancy) that the couple may have expected to do themselves or had done themselves for previous children but weren't able to for a medical reason. So I guess it seemed more like it was facilitating a likely arrangement of pregnancy that the couple was already prepared to engage in with the nature of their relationship.

But with gay men that's never really in the cards so I guess it isn't clicking to me? (Of course this is just me spilling my questions on it) Like the baby would not actually be genetically by the couple, but rather half anyway if there's two men as parents? So for the half who isn't genetically the parent, isn't the bond almost the same as an adoption? Meaning the parents are capable of that equal bond (particularly if they have more than one child and trade off on which has the genes of which parent)? I mean I'm not calling it crazy. I guess I don't have the drive for my eyes to be a part of why my kid is mine.

If I found out I was adopted I don't think I would feel my parents count as less of a family to me and they missed out or have some sort of downside to me not having their genes? I don't think at the end of the day my brother would be less connected because of genetics if he were adopted as that doesn't seem like a part of family interaction to my conceptions

Not out to discourage it, but am curious as someone who would likely adopt someday

So I've tried to give Hamilton the musical a shot, and while I find a song here or there decent, I just don't care for it as a whole. People seemed really obsessed with it, even more so than Rent (which I dislked), so maybe it's just me. I don't actively enjoy musicals, outside of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Dancer in the Dark, but Hamilton seemed to be more on my level. I guess not.

Also, this new mix of Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla for Planet Earth II is quite amazing. I love how the percussion is more pronounced.

Kevyt

So I got my PS4 pro along with an HDR TV and some games look very nice, but at the same time very soft at 4k (such as with Infamous second son).

I'm not liking how some textures in games that are upscaled look very muddy and soft.

At least HDR looks nice...

I expected better from the PS4 pro, but oh well.

DOWN

Banned
So I got my PS4 pro along with an HDR TV and some games look very nice, but at the same time very soft at 4k (such as with Infamous second son).

I'm not liking how some textures in games that are upscaled look very muddy and soft.

At least HDR looks nice...

I expected better from the PS4 pro, but oh well.
To comfort you, many devs have noted they weren't aware of the system until just before it was announced. These games are first round passes and the ones that really know what to do with it are supposed to be next year.

B-Dex

Not like I post anything of value anyways. And y'all know what I meant when I said that. Don't be all petty like I was being some weirdo sexist racist whatever. Petty gay ass drama. Over it. I'm becoming non sexual.

Not like I post anything of value anyways. And y'all know what I meant when I said that. Don't be all petty like I was being some weirdo sexist racist whatever. Petty gay ass drama. Over it. I'm becoming non sexual.

You may pick up your sexuality changing cooties at the door.

Are you okay?

Top Bottom