• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

A peri-peri mushroom burger with tabbouli and hummus. And chips to dip into the tabbouli/hummus/peri-peri remains that escaped the burger. <3

XrcHSFB.jpg

A peri-peri mushroom burger with tabbouli and hummus. And chips to dip into the tabbouli/hummus/peri-peri remains that escaped the burger. <3

XrcHSFB.jpg

Not a fan of tabbouli personally, but it looks great.

I've wanted to get a vegeterian/vegan cookbook for awhile now. I'm mostly worried about losing even more weight if I cut out any meat, since I'm already really underweight.

OrionX

Anyone watch Top Chef? I just realized there's a new season. I enjoy watching it and imagining I'm eating their food instead of whatever crap I happen to be shoveling into my mouth.

Bladenic

Anyone watch Top Chef? I just realized there's a new season. I enjoy watching it and imagining I'm eating their food instead of whatever crap I happen to be shoveling into my mouth.

I'm watching Season 13 on Hulu now since it was finally put up. Padma is one of the most beautiful women in the world, jesus. As for the contestants Carl is cute and Jeremy is daddy level hot.

What in particular don't you like about it? There's several different ways to make and serve it, so there might be a configuration that works for you; depending on the source of your disgust.

Usually it has tomatoes and mint. I really dislike that particular flavor combination, or tomato in general.

Golnei

Usually it has tomatoes and mint. I really dislike that particular flavor combination, or tomato in general.

If you're generally okay with capsicum, you could substitute it for the tomato if you're preparing it yourself. Though I can see why you'd want to avoid it in other circumstances, since using tomato is definitely the most common way to do it.

Dany

Banned
Imagine if we had a queer gaf meet up y'all. Thatd be fun, ratsky and I can throw vases over each other. Others caN argue about pop music and video games

kuYuri

I'd bring some fun tabletop games for a meetup.

Perhaps a bottle of whiskey or vodka to liven things up for those interested.

You're Canadian? :0

All the cool people are Canadian. &#65533;&#65533;
Canucks represent!
Only tragic people tbh
No need to throw so much shade, Dany. I'm in Manitoba and need all the sun I can get right now. XD
The early parts of my life certainly were. It's getting good now.
I'm glad it's getting better for you! <3

I had another bad day today. I broke down at work. I was bawling as I walked across the floor and up the stairs to the managers' office. I think I may need to take some stress leave or something. This last quarter has just been a really up and down time for me. I'll feel great, then I'll hit the dumps suddenly. =/

kuYuri

Canucks represent!

No need to throw so much shade, Dany. I'm in Manitoba and need all the sun I can get right now. XD

I'm glad it's getting better for you! <3

I had another bad day today. I broke down at work. I was bawling as I walked across the floor and up the stairs to the managers' office. I think I may need to take some stress leave or something. This last quarter has just been a really up and down time for me. I'll feel great, then I'll hit the dumps suddenly. =/

Sounds rough. :(

I'd give ya a hug if I could.

Sounds rough. :(

I'd give ya a hug if I could.

Thank you. It has been rough. I went to my friend's place after I left work and vented to her about a few things. Just have had a lot of things going awry lately, old issues being brought to the forefront that I'd rather forget, lots of stuff like that. It seems like my life is always one step forward, one step back.

I'll get out of it though. I just need to let go of some things, I guess. It's just really, really hard sometimes. *sigh*

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
So there's a guy who I've worked with over the past year that I've grown to have a massive crush on.

Rationally I know he doesn't fancy me by his actions. However, he told me he was bi two weeks ago and now my feelings are in overdrive.

Thankfully/unfortunately, his visa ends in a couple of weeks so I should be able to put this whole ridiculous mess behind me. I'm looking forward to everything going back to normal.

/sorry just had to get that off my chest.

Astral Dog

you guys are making me hungry &#127828;&#127829;&#127837;
On the one hand: Michael J. Fox & William Shatner.

On the other: Justin Beiber & Celine Dion.

It's a wash.
Justin Beiber is ok &#127464;&#127462; still wind
So there's a guy who I've worked with over the past year that I've grown to have a massive crush on..
Just say you think he is handsome, probably wont see him again so who knows what could happen if you get that out of the the chest ;)

Golnei

Since we're on the subject, while I still don't know how to take photos of food, at least baking makes it easier by not requiring much in terms of plating.

These were both extraordinarily simple, but I was taken aback by how okay they ended up looking, especially since I hardly ever touch pastry.

Kater

Banned
Not a fan of tabbouli personally, but it looks great.

I've wanted to get a vegeterian/vegan cookbook for awhile now. I'm mostly worried about losing even more weight if I cut out any meat, since I'm already really underweight.
There's enough chunky or fat vegans and vegetarians out there to prove that you don't lose weight just because you don't eat any pork or beef anymore. Plus, rice milk and almond milk beat cow milk by a mile. And hazelnut milk is the best out of all of them. Has a lot of calories but it's so worth it.

From what I gathered and from my own experience, cheese is the only thing that you will really miss. I found an alternative for most other things, including ice cream (sorbet) and milk chocolate (rice milk chocolate). Meat "alternatives", basically food that looks like the meat-y counterpart is also available almost everywhere. Some of it tastes really good, other stuff is a waste of money. I'm sure there's recommendations for that online if you have a need for that.

Kevyt

Since we're on the subject, while I still don't know how to take photos of food, at least baking makes it easier by not requiring much in terms of plating.

These were both extraordinarily simple, but I was taken aback by how okay they ended up looking, especially since I hardly ever touch pastry.

Your shots look amazing and the food too.

Bladenic

Wow those look nice, teach me your food ways. I mean teach me how take good pics of food, is that with a phone or a snazzy camera

There's enough chunky or fat vegans and vegetarians out there to prove that you don't lose weight just because you don't eat any pork or beef anymore. Plus, rice milk and almond milk beat cow milk by a mile. And hazelnut milk is the best out of all of them. Has a lot of calories but it's so worth it.

From what I gathered and from my own experience, cheese is the only thing that you will really miss. I found an alternative for most other things, including ice cream (sorbet) and milk chocolate (rice milk chocolate). Meat "alternatives", basically food that looks like the meat-y counterpart is also available almost everywhere. Some of it tastes really good, other stuff is a waste of money. I'm sure there's recommendations for that online if you have a need for that.

Good to know. I dont think I could really pull off vegan so I don't think I'd cut out milk and cheese. I'd also probably still eat fish, so I guess I'm more interested in pescetarianism but I'd still like to make dishes that don't have a center protein. I think I also might like mushrooms now, or at the very least shitake mushrooms. And I know mushrooms are pretty huge stars as far as "lets make something that mimics a meat dish" ingredients go.

KmA

The guy started talking about how good Puertorican dick feels and how latinos know how to fuck while I was going at it. Literally killed my boner and the whole mood. Worst hook up ever.

Edit: he said a few other things too but I cant recall them now but they were all about being latino lr Puertorican. Overall felt like an object.

Hate this shit with every fiber of my being. As we're fucking "oh you're Indian? I've never found an indian attractive before but you're super hot :)))))" Like mocking my people isn't attractive you asshat. And then there are all the guys obsessed with Middle Eastern men...

Anyway everytime I have a bad body image day I just delete all my hookup apps immediately. It's kind of an endless cycle like I go without them for a few weeks then I cave and download them again because I'm bored and lonely. *Sigh* I wish I could just stop caring how I look all the damn time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hate this shit with every fiber of my being. As we're fucking "oh you're Indian? I've never found an indian attractive before but you're super hot :)))))" Like mocking my people isn't attractive you asshat. And then there are all the guys obsessed with Middle Eastern men...

Anyway everytime I have a bad body image day I just delete all my hookup apps immediately. It's kind of an endless cycle like I go without them for a few weeks then I cave and download them again because I'm bored and lonely. *Sigh* I wish I could just stop caring how I look all the damn time.
This is my first time where a hook up does that. Usually the racial stuff shows in conversations in the apps before meeting. It was such a weird feeling but I didnt feel like deleting the apps. I know Im hot anyway &#128527;

So I'm not transgendered but I've found myself thinking once or twice about just how convenient having a vagina (but none of the bothersome stuff like menstruation) would be sometimes.

Now granted I'm no expert on vaginas, but they seem much more "plug and play" friendly than certain other orifices.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Except for the part where your vagina punches you in the balls for a week every month, complete with realistic bleeding action.

I think I would cry if I was lactose intolerant or coeliac. I know certain cheeses are fine for people with lactose intolerance but I couldn't function without dairy or gluten.

So I'm not transgendered but I've found myself thinking once or twice about just how convenient having a vagina (but none of the bothersome stuff like menstruation) would be sometimes.

Now granted I'm no expert on vaginas, but they seem much more "plug and play" friendly than certain other orifices.

Transgender is not a verb, it's a noun :p
As such, "transgendered" is an incorrect usage of the word. You don't get "gayd" or "lesbianed", right? :)

Also, not all transgender people want vaginas...

Vaginas certainly have a lot of maintenance. You need to wipe a certain way, make sure it's clean but not too clean or you may leave yourself open to yeast infections, UTI infections and stuff like that. Not to mention cleaning it after sex is a tad bit harder than a penis...

Watching "Scrooged" in honor of the holidays. "This is one Santa who's going out the front door". Still one of my favorite lines :)

What's your go to holiday movies guys & gals?

Top Bottom