• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

I'm just finishing up Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (the novel) before I go to bed. I chose it because I wanted something easy and whimsical in light of my recent moods. It was a good idea, as I'm really enjoying it again.

I'd read it before, but I decided to read it again before moving on to Chamber of Secrets.

What do you guys think about the late revelation (in that it came out after all novels were released) that Dumbledore is gay? I've only seen and read the first movie and book, but it seems completely inconsequential. Not that I'd want it to be some forced thing -- lord knows we have enough gay stereotypes in media -- but I guess Dumbledore's sexuality is so insignificant to his character and role that I wonder why Rowling even bothered to reveal it.

But hey, at least it was effective at outing homophobes who suddenly cared about the sexuality of an elderly wizard in a fantasy novel. I loved drinking their crocodile tears, hahaha.

_Isaac

I thought the only real place where Dumbledore's sexuality maaaaybe mattered was (last book spoiler)
in his bond with Grindelwald and why he stuck with him for so long.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
it's bullshit

it's never mentioned in the books once

it means nothing

^

It's one thing to "not make the story about the gay", but it's a whole other matter to throw in an asterisk, post-mortem, to indicate so-and-so is homo.

it's bullshit

it's never mentioned in the books once

it means nothing

^

It's one thing to "not make the story about the gay", but it's a whole other matter to throw in an asterisk, post-mortem, to indicate so-and-so is homo.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you two. I'm just curious why Rowling decided to "reveal" that. Was it her original intent, but as the first book came out in '97 she felt pressure not to go through with it? Was it to show support? Or was it just for easy publicity?

Also, just finished and that scene where
Hagrid gave Harry the book full of pictures of his parents
made me tear up.
The fact that Harry was so affected by the gesture is what did it for me. :')

What's the most ingenious way you've come out to any of your friends?
On a whim he spent the night over, and his makeshift bed was next to mine on the floor (I had no bed frame for my bed, so it was low). As we were going to sleep, I said, "Oh, by the way, I'm gay. Good night!" and turned off the lights.

He just gave me an awkward, "W-what? Why would you say that right before going to sleep!?" and laughed. Good times.

I hope I'm not the only one being seduced by Waluigi and his jams this evening.

latest

T.O.P

Banned
What's the most ingenious way you've come out to any of your friends?

I told a girlfriend of mine i was gay while we were drunk kissing in a club, she also had a crush on me

I'm an asshole

Oh btw, update on daddy 2, after four months he disappeared, no messages, no nothing, the cunt couldn't even send a fuckin text to say if he was tired of this "thing" we had going on or anything

Gonna be fun if he pops up again casually at my office after all this, he gonna get punched in the face

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh btw, update on daddy 2, after four months he disappeared, no messages, no nothing, the cunt couldn't even send a fuckin text to say if he was tired of this "thing" we had going on or anything

Gonna be fun if he pops up again casually at my office after all this, he gonna get punched in the face

is that the one you were sexing in your office or whatever

also i would like to know what daddy 1 thinks about all of this

T.O.P

Banned
is that the one you were sexing in your office or whatever

also i would like to know what daddy 1 thinks about all of this

Yeah, it's the office guy, after that we started meeting at my house twice a week for dinner/sex and i really fuckin liked him tbh, shame that he ended up being just another shallow cunt

Daddy 1 keeps trying to get in my pants but after our first meeting (before i met daddy 2) i'm trying to stay the fuck out of it, no even out of desperation honestly, he once sent me a message saying "i'm at your house :)" wich freaked me the fuck out since i never told him my location or anything

The search for Daddy 3 is about to start i guess

Unless Daddy 2 shows up again before the weekend, i'm still gonna punch him but maybe after we fuck or something, sucks to be crashing so hard on this kind of man

Yeah, it's the office guy, after that we started meeting at my house twice a week for dinner/sex and i really fuckin liked him tbh, shame that he ended up being just another shallow cunt

Daddy 1 keeps trying to get in my pants but after our first meeting (before i met daddy 2) i'm trying to stay the fuck out of it, no even out of desperation honestly, he once sent me a message saying "i'm at your house :)" wich freaked me the fuck out since i never told him my location or anything

The search for Daddy 3 is about to start i guess

Unless Daddy 2 shows up again before the weekend, i'm still gonna punch him but maybe after we fuck or something, sucks to be crashing so hard on this kind of man

Yikes. Not cool when you're just on casual sex terms. Sucks about Daddy 2. To be frank I tend to be wearier about catching feelings with older guys even if we get along well. There have been a couple older guys that intrigued me beyond a casually platonic level, but both guys were a significant distance away which makes me more weary about catching feelings in its own way.

Maybe I'm just a weary guy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pyrokai

Ugh, I'm sorta regretting telling that guy I had feelings for him. Now I can't tell if he's distancing himself from me or, if after hanging out with him a lot for one week, he's just busy doing things (and being back with the person he's interested in, so therefore less of a need for a friend).

He claimed it won't change anything about our friendship but I'm just unsure!

Basically, I should have just asked "was that a friendship cuddle or something more?", gotten his response, and then moved on. I should have never disclosed my feelings unless he had similar feelings. Big mistake on my part, but at least I was open and honest.

I know I'll get over him, but it would hurt if he distanced himself from me rather than just continued to be friends.

Beefy

Ugh, I'm sorta regretting telling that guy I had feelings for him. Now I can't tell if he's distancing himself from me or, if after hanging out with him a lot for one week, he's just busy doing things (and being back with the person he's interested in, so therefore less of a need for a friend).

He claimed it won't change anything about our friendship but I'm just unsure!

Basically, I should have just asked "was that a friendship cuddle or something more?", gotten his response, and then moved on. I should have never disclosed my feelings unless he had similar feelings. Big mistake on my part, but at least I was open and honest.

I know I'll get over him, but it would hurt if he distanced himself from me rather than just continued to be friends.

Better to be honest and open (unless you are going to rude/mean).

Pyrokai

Better to be honest and open (unless you are going to rude/mean).

This is the only thing that's making me think I made the right choice: that I'm being very open.

I'm sure he's just busy and stuff but at the moment, I'm unsure. It'll become more clear in the coming weeks.

Coming out to more people slowly, and I've never felt so freeeeeeee

Omg, good for you! It's truly liberating, isn't it?

Me
hey Cousin, do you think I dress well?

Cousin
yeah why?
Looking slick bud!
Bow Tie is on point!

Me
Good :) Looks like all that time spent in the closet wasn't a waste then

Cousin
Nice!! Are you in the city or back in the US?
If you're in the City, let me know. let's hang out during the Christmas holiday :)

Me
I'm in X next week, but in Y rn
and lool basically I'm coming out to you as bi :)

Cousin
OHHHH
lol haha I'm so slow. That's cool man
:)

Me
You don't hate me right?

Cousin
Never
Your'e still my brother for life
Whatever sexual preference you have, it doesn't change our relationship. I'm proud of you and everything you have accomplished so far :)
If you ever need anything, I"m always a call away!

Just came out to my first family member. Feels so great. :')

I cuddled with that guy for hours last night. I've never cuddled before. It was so nice. I still don't know why he's doing this. Maybe my Mom is paying him or something.

KmA

I deleted all my hook up apps again for the 7 millionth time. I don't even know what to use my phone for anymore like does anyone ever text me?! NO!

But I just want to focus on myself for a little while. Trying to focus on lifting, gymnastics, school, and maybe pick up other things I've been neglecting for awhile. Also focusing on yourself is so hard! I need like a guidebook or like a nintendo style tutorial on how to do this shit like I'm already bored I'm downloading grindr again bye.

I deleted all my hook up apps again for the 7 millionth time. I don't even know what to use my phone for anymore like does anyone ever text me?! NO!

But I just want to focus on myself for a little while. Trying to focus on lifting, gymnastics, school, and maybe pick up other things I've been neglecting for awhile. Also focusing on yourself is so hard! I need like a guidebook or like a nintendo style tutorial on how to do this shit like I'm already bored I'm downloading grindr again bye.

just throw your phone away.

Bladenic

Yassss a phone detox feels so satisfying. I need to do it too. I've left social media for the time being (mainly Instagram and snap) and I wish I could deactivate Facebook but it's tied to my Spotify unfortunately.

Kevyt

You do gymnastics??

kuYuri

I left social media within the last year or so and it was a great decision. I can focus on myself and the people that care about me instead of wasting time with selfish people who can't get their shit together.

Yassss a phone detox feels so satisfying. I need to do it too. I've left social media for the time being (mainly Instagram and snap) and I wish I could deactivate Facebook but it's tied to my Spotify unfortunately.

just unlink fb from spotify and log in normally with only the spotify login credentials (y)

OrionX

Just came out to my first family member. Feels so great. :')

When I told one of my cousins:

Me: *scared* I have something to tell you.

Cousin: *completely joking* What, you're gay?

Me: .........Actually...

I would've laughed my ass off if I hadn't been so nervous.

Kater

Banned
I'm just finishing up Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (the novel) before I go to bed. I chose it because I wanted something easy and whimsical in light of my recent moods. It was a good idea, as I'm really enjoying it again.

I'd read it before, but I decided to read it again before moving on to Chamber of Secrets.

What do you guys think about the late revelation (in that it came out after all novels were released) that Dumbledore is gay? I've only seen and read the first movie and book, but it seems completely inconsequential. Not that I'd want it to be some forced thing -- lord knows we have enough gay stereotypes in media -- but I guess Dumbledore's sexuality is so insignificant to his character and role that I wonder why Rowling even bothered to reveal it.

But hey, at least it was effective at outing homophobes who suddenly cared about the sexuality of an elderly wizard in a fantasy novel. I loved drinking their crocodile tears, hahaha.
I only ever saw it as pandering, but I was fine with it. And yeah, seeing the outrage over it at least told you who holds problematic views on homosexuality.

I thought that's why
he kept Snape around and how he asked Snape to kill him so Draco didn't but because they were tumbling in the sheets as well?
The age difference would make that a bit weird. Just a little bit.

I thought the only real place where Dumbledore's sexuality maaaaybe mattered was (last book spoiler)
in his bond with Grindelwald and why he stuck with him for so long.
Oh damn. Need to read the last book again then because I don't remember that bit.

When I told one of my cousins:

Me: *scared* I have something to tell you.

Cousin: *completely joking* What, you're gay?

Me: .........Actually...

I would've laughed my ass off if I hadn't been so nervous.
Hah, seems like your cousin caught onto you before you could reveal it. Most of the people I came out to didn't seem that surprised either. My grandma was actually the coolest about it, which was a surprise to me. Other sounded conflicted after hearing about it. Some teased me, or even made hurtful "jokes", like my cousins for examples. Bunch of meatheads. Cut any ties left with them afterwards.

Just do what I do and reflect on yourself until you lose almost all will to talk to people, because relative to just thinking about things endlessly, making mouth sounds to express your thoughts becomes a chore.

OrionX

Hah, seems like your cousin caught onto you before you could reveal it. Most of the people I came out to didn't seem that surprised either. My grandma was actually the coolest about it, which was a surprise to me. Other sounded conflicted after hearing about it. Some teased me, or even made hurtful "jokes", like my cousins for examples. Bunch of meatheads. Cut any ties left with them afterwards.

Nah I'm pretty sure he genuinely had no clue and was just screwing around. lol, he didn't care one bit though so it felt good.

I don't think I could tell my grandparents. Both my grandpa's are really conservative, one of them especially. I'm talking living out in the country farmin' and shootin' shit conservative.

Idk if Pyrokai remembers, but a few weeks back we saw what appeared to be a couple. Some random average looking guy in his 30s, and then the other guy was a fat and handsome guy in his late 40s/early 50s (I think... you agree Pyro?) with a mane of grey hair. And I realize how much I like that "type".

And the reason I bring this up is to ask: what's your cutoff in age range for who you'd be willing to date? Because I've seen men in their 40s/50s I've found myself attracted to but being 23 I don't think anything serious could develop, and even if it could that's quite the social oddity.

Top Bottom