• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Merry Christmas Eve Y'all! <3
tPL8YEDs7MwGA.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They're so stiff. They spent all that budget making her look like an expensive cosplay esfort and forgot to give her boob physics.

What's even the point of that shot if they don't sway!!!?!??!

Sib, luv, back me up.

Women have breasts. News at 11.

I wish Gladio had a car waxing scene. &#65533;&#65533;

Yeah, breasts are the reason people are bothered.
FFXV-DLC-Vid_06-30-16.jpg

Considering there's not many notable females in the game and one was being used to sell DLC and the other who's sole purpose was due to Noctis well yeah.

Spendding Christmas Eve installing Grand Theft Auto V (because I am, as ever, several miles behind hype) and FFXV on incredibly slow broadband.

Pray for me. Send wine.

Astral Dog

Metal Gear Rising is 23gb... jesus
The size of games nowdays is demented, DOOM is 80GB mostly for the multiplayer,and so many at 50+ make me nervious to download them, and people want to get rid of disks for good :S.

Want to try one but dont know if anyone has played the new Ratchet game and Batman AK.i love Batman but kind of heard the gameplay is the worst of the bunch, Ratchet looks pretty cool but not sure how it plays, watched a bunch of videos of stealth looking sections

Golnei

The Cidney debate is never dying, is it? I wonder whether the same arguments about Remake Tifa will take its place as the standardised FF conversation.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised that my embarrassingly low alcohol tolerance hasn't yet betrayed me in the leadup to Christmas. I just need to last until New Years and I can avoid disgracing myself.

Metal Gear Rising is 23gb... jesus

Pretty much every cutscene is prerendered - I guess that's what happens when you need to push out a game in a year.

I haven't played Wolfenstein The New Order, The Old Blood, or DOOM because I take one look at the download sizes and I'm like "nah b, I'll just play something else"

Bladenic

The size of games nowdays is demented, DOOM is 80GB mostly for the multiplayer,and so many at 50+ make me nervious to download them, and people want to get rid of disks for good :S.

Want to try one but dont know if anyone has played the new Ratchet game and Batman AK.i love Batman but kind of heard the gameplay is the worst of the bunch, Ratchet looks pretty cool but not sure how it plays, watched a bunch of videos of stealth looking sections

Ratchet and Clank is SUPER fun and SUPER gorgeous. Highly recommend. Can't comment on Batman because I've had it for months and only played it for like an hour. Hasn't hooked me yet.

The Cidney debate is never dying, is it? I wonder whether the same arguments about Remake Tifa will take its place as the standardised FF conversation.

I think portrayal matters more than outfit, although Tifa was fine in anything post 7 outfit wise. Hell, even 7's outfit isn't terrible if they do it right in current graphics (tone down her enormous chest so it's not bigger than the rest of her body, maybe make the shorts slightly longer). But who cares, Aerith > Tifa anyways

Vazduh

I haven't played Wolfenstein The New Order, The Old Blood, or DOOM because I take one look at the download sizes and I'm like "nah b, I'll just play something else"

From what I've seen, Doom is quite amazing, but if you want a "smaller" download, give Dying Light a try. It's ~15-16 GB on all platforms, and it's an improvement over Dead Island in all aspects.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised that my embarrassingly low alcohol tolerance hasn't yet betrayed me in the leadup to Christmas. I just need to last until New Years and I can avoid disgracing myself.

Pretty much every cutscene is prerendered - I guess that's what happens when you need to push out a game in a year.

I don't think the Tifa conversation will be as big as this cause she like the other females in VII are already well established characters. There's many issues with XV and how the team presented their female characters so people are clinging to Cindy. I personally wouldn't have any issue with her outfit if they presented her as an actual character and not wank bait, how Tabata talked about Cindy being created was really creepy. But what's done is done I think the main focus now is how they will treat their female characters in the next mainline game.

You right, except I love X-2 and her portrayal there (minus the occasionally questionable camera angles). I honestly love the outfit too, I think it's become iconic. But X Yuna > *

Am I one of few who thought her X-2 outfit was more of a homage to Lara Croft?, I think that's what they were going for with the booty shorts and dual pistols.

The CGI scenes were jarring to me at first cause she looked like Utada lol.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I just beat R&C twice. I can only recall one stealth section in Ratchet, and it was quite short and easy. It's absolutely an explosive, sometimes chaotic, action-platformer. Basically, you encounter lots of enemies scattered across environments that you destroy with your many varied weapons. Let me put it this way: I strongly dislike stealth sections in games (I have been known to stop playing when I encounter one), and R&C presented no issue. There are occasional sequences that lean more towards puzzle-platformer, plus a few basic spaceship combat sections.

Merry Christmas (and Happy Holidays) to everyone. 2016 was such a shit year in a lot of ways, but some good things came out of it too. Looking forward to 2017.

Alrus

Still haven't watched Zootopia. That trailer with the sloths was funny so I need to remedy that asap.

Then again I rarely enjoy watching movies on a TV. I get really distracted somehow, reason why there's plenty of movies I wanted to see in the theater but couldn't and haven't got around to watch yet.

Also Merry Christmas to all of you :)

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, pleasant Kwanzaa and a joyful Winter Solstice to all you beautiful people! <3

I just watched Zootopia and literally shed a tear at how good it was :')

I thought Zootopia was pretty dull tbh

I loved it, although it'll be a little while before I can watch it again. I don't think I've ever seen a Pixar film I didn't enjoy. I even like Cars, which a lot of people seem to dislike.

I've been meaning to get around to Toy Story 3, actually, but I hear it's super sad. :'(

Alrus

I loved it, although it'll be a little while before I can watch it again. I don't think I've ever seen a Pixar film I didn't enjoy. I even like Cars, which a lot of people seem to dislike.

I've been meaning to get around to Toy Story 3, actually, but I hear it's super sad. :'(

I'm totally going to be pedantic and point out Zootopia is by Disney Animation and not by Pixar :p

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, pleasant Kwanzaa and a joyful Winter Solstice to all you beautiful people! <3

Zootopia isn't Pixar though they consulted on it.

I think Pixar is still great and relate to Arlo in The Good Dinosaur and think Cars 2 is a lot of fun.

Astral Dog

I just beat R&C twice. I can only recall one stealth section in Ratchet, and it was quite short and easy. It's absolutely an explosive, sometimes chaotic, action-platformer. Basically, you encounter lots of enemies scattered across environments that you destroy with your many varied weapons. Let me put it this way: I strongly dislike stealth sections in games (I have been known to stop playing when I encounter one), and R&C presented no issue. There are occasional sequences that lean more towards puzzle-platformer, plus a few basic spaceship combat sections.

Ratchet and Clank is SUPER fun and SUPER gorgeous. Highly recommend. Can't comment on Batman because I've had it for months and only played it for like an hour. Hasn't hooked me yet.

I think portrayal matters more than outfit, although Tifa was fine in anything post 7 outfit wise. Hell, even 7's outfit isn't terrible if they do it right in current graphics (tone down her enormous chest so it's not bigger than the rest of her body, maybe make the shorts slightly longer). But who cares, Aerith > Tifa anyways
Thank you :) i think im in the mood for something a bit lighter.

And Tifa, she will be better recieved her character is known and beloved and has guaranteed many scenes, unlike Cindy's only car washing or Luna, regardless of her uh, improvments.
Though they will cause controversy. &#128147; Tifa

Alrus

People will be unhappy about Tifa's redesign no matter what they do. Either her boobs will be too big or too small depending on the audience. They can't win there.

I'm totally going to be pedantic and point out Zootopia is by Disney Animation and not by Pixar :p

Zootopia isn't Pixar though they consulted on it.

I think Pixar is still great and relate to Arlo in The Good Dinosaur and think Cars 2 is a lot of fun.

Hey now, I'm supposed to be the pedantic one! :p But yeah, I thought I heard something along those lines, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for letting me know!

Astral Dog

Zootopia has the better plot and characters with a bit more varied visuals vut Moana has great songs!
Big plus.the Sea has to literally move the plot though :p

IvorB

So I have all the supplies I need to survive through the one annoying day in the year where I have to actually, physically cook for myself. Gonna make some headway through Divinity: Original Sin tomorrow and generally Scrooge it up. My spliff contact didn't come through though :-( :-( :-(. Other than that I'm ready for lock down.

Top Bottom