• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddler

Hey!, this is my first post here even though i've been a lurker for some time, i guess i don't post that much because i don't think my english is very good haha. Yeah so i wanted to say hi, i'll try and post more because i find this thread really interesting.
Hi, your English is not bad at all, probably better than mine, don't worry about errors, I'm sure people don't really care much.
So, i'm sharing today that even though i'm overweight and i've been that way for some time i've never felt that i'm THAT ugly or unattractive.
Bless this comment, being overweight doesn't automatically make someone ugly imo. Being overweight≠Being ugly
But still, it sucks to be gay and chubby (specially when you are not into other chubby guys)
That's sad.

Enzon

Hi and welcome! You like the best gen 6 starter so you're okay with me.

Right? what's not to love about Froakie?

OMG you're from CHILE!!! Hi!!! Los Prisioneros d'aww <3 Welcome, welcome!!! It's always good to have a positive self image. I'm glad you do :)

Are you from Chile too? :O I kinda love/hate Los Prisioneros haha

Heyo! Welcome! I don't post much either so you can pretty much ignore my comment but I just wanted to tell you that your English is more than fine, in fact it's great! :D

i know it's not that bad, i'm too self conscious sometimes, thanks!

I approve of this Los Prisioneros love.

They're great

Hi, your English is not bad at all, probably better than mine, don't worry about errors, I'm sure people don't really care much.

Bless this comment, being overweight doesn't automatically make someone ugly imo. Being overweight&#8800;Being ugly

That's sad.

i know, in fact i don't talk about weight because i don't think it really matters so much, but they were discussing that so i wanted to share :)

RM8

Hey!, this is my first post here even though i've been a lurker for some time, i guess i don't post that much because i don't think my english is very good haha. Yeah so i wanted to say hi, i'll try and post more because i find this thread really interesting.
Language learners should never be afraid to make mistakes, that's probably one of the biggest obstacles adults encounter while learning a language. There's no shame in making mistakes! It's all part of the process. Now, it seems like you like the wrong Pokémon starter... That's something you might want to fix :p Have you heard of Chespin?

Caladrius

Thanks. I'm kind of glad I didn't grow up in a very religious family, or if I had I probably would have felt a lot more restricted in thinking about what it is or could be.

Likewise. I can't help but wonder what the world looks like to people who have already had their faith decided for them. Like, the surface is blatantly obvious but the exact thought processes elude me.

Yo, welcome to the madhouse.

Oh my days Ratsky... This is the third time you say that... I: No I'm not new... we've actually talked several times about several things!! like Bi-erasure, remember? You don't remember me?? :( Well that's okay, it always happens to me... :'(

Ouch, Zoidberg'd.

Don't worry, the rest of us still remember you!

Kevyt

I approve of this Los Prisioneros love.

They're so 90's... it's why I like them!

Are you from Chile too? :O I kinda love/hate Los Prisioneros haha

No, but my mom would listen to them a lot. At first, it was annoying, and I didn't like their music. But then after a while, I really liked them!! Especially Tren Al Sur, I always listen to it on my way to school on the metro :p

Bought some meager quark today, I'll try that one out for now. (I have no work at the moment, so I am a little bit poor. Can't really buy anything better in huge quantities besides that)

Well I recommend that you are careful when buying some protein powder/shake or whatever it is. Not all protein supplements are the same! I recommend Whey protein :)

Ouch, Zoidberg'd.

Don't worry, the rest of us still remember you!

Thanks Caladrius!! Ratsky must have a memory problem :p

I just watched G.B.F. While it's not the greatest movie ever it was really cute and now I have a crush on Michael J Willet.

It's a funny movie. I agree, after watching it, I also had a crush on Michael J. Willet!

So, i'm sharing today that even though i'm overweight and i've been that way for some time i've never felt that i'm THAT ugly or unattractive. But still, it sucks to be gay and chubby (specially when you are not into other chubby guys) so i started losing some weight, i've lost about 15 pounds and today i uploaded a picture to Instagram and people really noticed the difference, it motivates me to keep going, and i won't stop anytime soon until i feel great on the outside as i feel on the inside ahhaa. Whatever, i guess my point is that even if you don't feel like you need others people approval, getting some love really helps you motivate yourself. So, that's it. Hi :)

Hi! Welcome to a place of hope, acceptance, and thirst!

Likewise. I can't help but wonder what the world looks like to people who have already had their faith decided for them. Like, the surface is blatantly obvious but the exact thought processes elude me.

Well, here's how it went for me.

In the beginning, I was raised a Catholic. I was told that not believing in God would have you go straight to hell. No middle ground. It didn't matter if you followed the other 9 Commandments. Nope, if ya didn't love God, you'd go to hell. All my religious teachers said this, and my da did nothing to discourage this line of thinking. My ma was slightly opposed to it, but didn't actively state this to me.

I believed this myself for... Too long, really. At least until I went to an Integrated school because I was in a village, and it was the only one near enough. Then I learnt that other people did exist, and they were nice. I thought that they were still gonna go to hell for not believing in God, but I no longer thought that it was correct.

Then, over time, I started to try and interpret the Bible in different ways. I realised that Atheists can love God by loving their neighbour and stuff. I realised that Jesus DID say that the cardinal rule was to love other people, even if they are bastards, sinners, and blasphemers. Maybe this belief has been taken too far for me (I loathe punishment in almost all its forms), but I still cannot see how you can possibly love someone while judging them.

So, people were like, 'Ew, Masque! You're weird for believing in God in your own way!'. But of course, ain't that the point of it all? Maybe we as Christians should believe in God's teachings... Not in the teachings of some fat, middle-aged monks with money in their minds.

Anyways, the world looks beautiful to me, but only because I believe in my own faith. Not what has been given to me. It's wrong to teach someone a belief without opening their eyes beforehand, and allowing them to choose. Also, my religion does not define me as a person (and there is a LOT of people who could benefit from knowing that).

In addition, I realised that guys are every bit as cute as gals~ :p

alvmew

I just watched G.B.F. While it's not the greatest movie ever it was really cute and now I have a crush on Michael J Willet.

I dug that movie. Michael Willet was cute, but my eyes were all on Taylor Frey (Topher, the secretly gay boyfriend of one of the chicks). Mmmmm.

Ty4on

I realised that Jesus DID say that the cardinal rule was to love other people, even if they are bastards, sinners, and blasphemers. Maybe this belief has been taken too far for me (I loathe punishment in almost all its forms), but I still cannot see how you can possibly love someone while judging them.

It can never go too far :p

I don't wanna turn this into a big ethics (not in games journalism) discussion, but a big corner stone in mine is that a persecution of queer people (thread relevant example...) is impossible in a world that doesn't persecution people for being different.

It can never go too far :p

I don't wanna turn this into a big ethics (not in games journalism) discussion, but a big corner stone in mine is that a persecution of queer people (thread relevant example...) is impossible in a world that doesn't persecution people for being different.

Ayup~ It's everyone's duty to do their part towards a future without persecution. It's actually about ethics in discriminatory persecution (lol), and how they need to be improved upon.

Kater

Banned
Just found a cool edit for a loading screen from Fallout New Vegas.

60908-1317083685.jpg

&#128516;

Well I recommend that you are careful when buying some protein powder/shake or whatever it is. Not all protein supplements are the same! I recommend Whey protein :)
Quark should have the same kind of protein, I mean, it comes from the same source, right?

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
You had me at heyo.

Haha well that's great. I mean, it's different enough from hello and kind of funny too, so there's that. :D

By the way I'm not completely new in this thread, I've posted a least a couple of times before haha.

I kinda love/hate Los Prisioneros haha

I like a couple of songs from Los Prisioneros as well, mostly what I assume are their greatest hits, or at least songs that play/played here in Mexico. My favorite band is from Chile though, La Ley, so there's that! :p

Kater

Banned
YOU!

I wanna take you to a GAY BAR!

Can it be in the Ultra Luxe?

I'm sure that Bethesda would make that official if they thought of it.
Obsidian made New Vegas.

And yeah, it's possible that they would have put it in. ^^

Ultra Luxe you say? As long as I don't have to eat there, why not.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh my days Ratsky... This is the third time you say that... I: No I'm not new... we've actually talked several times about several things!! like Bi-erasure, remember? You don't remember me?? :( Well that's okay, it always happens to me... :'(

i actually did remember you (this time) but decided to pretend not to <3

Right? what's not to love about Froakie?

that little fluffy clown mane thing is kinda offputting tbh

Have you heard of Chespin?

he has heard of it but he rightfully rejected him in favor of the superior frog

Kater

Banned
I love this, and it makes me want to replay all the Fallout games :)
except Tactics
I wouldn't play Fallout 3 either because the story is not really my thing. Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas are fantastic though. I just love the lore and the world in these games.

Apropos games set in a post-apocalyptic world, I really want to play Wasteland 2. Watched a bit of an LP and damn, praise all these Kickstarter backers for making it possible for that game to exist. :D

RM8

Is Fallout Tactics bad? As someone with no experience with the series I was tempted to buy it because games with "Tactics" in their titles are usually way better than the real thing :p

Vazduh

I wouldn't play Fallout 3 either because the story is not really my thing. Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas are fantastic though. I just love the lore and the world in these games.

Apropos games set in a post-apocalyptic world, I really want to play Wasteland 2. Watched a bit of an LP and damn, praise all these Kickstarter backers for making it possible for that game to exist. :D

I also prefer those games to F3, but I've come to appreciate that game after my second playthrough, even with all the flaws (forced traversing through those subway stations is mostly infuriating).

New Vegas is a superior game in nearly every way, yet for some reason, the town around which the plot revolves is probably the weakest area IMHO. It's almost like the game loses half its charm when you get to the Strip, mostly because there isn't that much content. But everything else around New Vegas? Pure gold. And I just love the sidekicks.

Oh, and the one area where F3 beats New Vegas is the DLC, IMHO. The DLC made for New Vegas was okay-ish, but felt redundant for the most part.

I'm also happy that Wasteland 2 was a success and I would love to play it some day. There have been a couple of patches already so by the time we get to play it, it should be a bug-free experience!

Caladrius

Hi! Welcome to a place of hope, acceptance, and thirst!

Well, here's how it went for me.

In the beginning, I was raised a Catholic. I was told that not believing in God would have you go straight to hell. No middle ground. It didn't matter if you followed the other 9 Commandments. Nope, if ya didn't love God, you'd go to hell. All my religious teachers said this, and my da did nothing to discourage this line of thinking. My ma was slightly opposed to it, but didn't actively state this to me.

I believed this myself for... Too long, really. At least until I went to an Integrated school because I was in a village, and it was the only one near enough. Then I learnt that other people did exist, and they were nice. I thought that they were still gonna go to hell for not believing in God, but I no longer thought that it was correct.

Then, over time, I started to try and interpret the Bible in different ways. I realised that Atheists can love God by loving their neighbour and stuff. I realised that Jesus DID say that the cardinal rule was to love other people, even if they are bastards, sinners, and blasphemers. Maybe this belief has been taken too far for me (I loathe punishment in almost all its forms), but I still cannot see how you can possibly love someone while judging them.

So, people were like, 'Ew, Masque! You're weird for believing in God in your own way!'. But of course, ain't that the point of it all? Maybe we as Christians should believe in God's teachings... Not in the teachings of some fat, middle-aged monks with money in their minds.

Anyways, the world looks beautiful to me, but only because I believe in my own faith. Not what has been given to me. It's wrong to teach someone a belief without opening their eyes beforehand, and allowing them to choose. Also, my religion does not define me as a person (and there is a LOT of people who could benefit from knowing that).

In addition, I realised that guys are every bit as cute as gals~ :p

I speak mostly about people who end up living their whole lives without second guessing it or ever being given a reason to.

You experience mirrors mine, at least in the sense of growing discontent with the severeity of church teachings and over-reliance on authority for guidance. I ultimately converted to a Deistic world view (mostly because of epistemological reasons), but most of my ethical beliefs still draw from my late days as a Christian.

Thanks Caladrius!! Ratsky must have a memory problem :p

:3

Is Fallout Tactics bad? As someone with no experience with the series I was tempted to buy it because games with "Tactics" in their titles are usually way better than the real thing :p

If you're invested in Fallout's story you're probably going to be pissed. That said judging by reviews it seems fine mechanically.

Ty4on

If you're going to play one of the early ones, why not head straight for the first one?

Kater

Banned
I also prefer those games to F3, but I've come to appreciate that game after my second playthrough, even with all the flaws (forced traversing through those subway stations is mostly infuriating).

New Vegas is a superior game in nearly every way, yet for some reason, the town around which the plot revolves is probably the weakest area IMHO. It's almost like the game loses half its charm when you get to the Strip, mostly because there isn't that much content. But everything else around New Vegas? Pure gold. And I just love the sidekicks.

Oh, and the one area where F3 beats New Vegas is the DLC, IMHO. The DLC made for New Vegas was okay-ish, but felt redundant for the most part.

I'm also happy that Wasteland 2 was a success and I would love to play it some day. There have been a couple of patches already so by the time we get to play it, it should be a bug-free experience!

I never played the Fallout 3 DLC (Thanks to region-lock, bought the UK version of the GOTY Edition and Bethesda was so nice to not allow mainland Europeans to play that one, yay). I kinda liked Megaton, but the main story is just, ehhhh. Not great. Also, no options to join the Enclave. (I want a Deathclaw as a companion (again)!)
The Strip is a real downer but with a few little tweaks (mods) can be improved by a lot. Still, Freeside is a lot more interesting even with all the tweaks. I liked the Followers of the Apocalypse a lot and wish they would have gotten more attention, they had lots of quests that could be resolved without killing anyone and were the one faction that actually cared about the needs of every individual.
The companions and their quests/backstories were great too, yeah.

Also, I looked up Wasteland 1 since I wanted to play that first but it's just way too old now. Looks like a Newgrounds game. :s

Some people like it. I personally don't see the appeal.

But if you really want to play some classic Fallout, get Fallout 1 or 2.

RM8

If you're invested in Fallout's story you're probably going to be pissed. That said judging by reviews it seems fine mechanically.
I think I'll be fine, then :p

If you're going to play one of the early ones, why not head straight for the first one?
El_Gato said:
Some people like it. I personally don't see the appeal.

But if you really want to play some classic Fallout, get Fallout 1 or 2.
I grabbed that one for free on GOG, I might give it a try. Tactics looks more interesting to me since I love tactical RPGS, though.

Vazduh

I think I'll be fine, then :p

I grabbed that one for free on GOG, I might give it a try. Tactics looks more interesting to me since I love tactical RPGS, though.

You should love the first two games then, because the battles are turn-based. Make sure to install the widescreen mods first, though.

I never played the Fallout 3 DLC (Thanks to region-lock, bought the UK version of the GOTY Edition and Bethesda was so nice to not allow mainland Europeans to play that one, yay). I kinda liked Megaton, but the main story is just, ehhhh. Not great. Also, no options to join the Enclave. (I want a Deathclaw as a companion (again)!)
The Strip is a real downer but with a few little tweaks (mods) can be improved by a lot. Still, Freeside is a lot more interesting even with all the tweaks. I liked the Followers of the Apocalypse a lot and wish they would have gotten more attention, they had lots of quests that could be resolved without killing anyone and were the one faction that actually cared about the needs of every individual.
The companions and their quests/backstories were great too, yeah.

Also, I looked up Wasteland 1 since I wanted to play that first but it's just way too old now. Looks like a Newgrounds game. :s

Wow, I had no clue that the DLC was blocked in some parts of Europe :SSS

I agree that the story in F3 wasn't that great, but the gameplay was still enjoyable. Some of the DLC was fantastic, especially Broken Steel which alleviated a lot of issues with the ending, and Point Lookout which had a big, well-designed island to explore. The only bad DLC was Mothership Zeta, which was utterly forgettable, but it had some cool items so it was still worth playing.

Which mods would you recommend for New Vegas, btw?

And yeah, time wasn't kind to the first Wasteland :/

Kater

Banned
^ Hi Henchmen! :)

Wow, I had no clue that the DLC was blocked in some parts of Europe :SSS

I agree that the story in F3 wasn't that great, but the gameplay was still enjoyable. Some of the DLC was fantastic, especially Broken Steel which alleviated a lot of issues with the ending, and Point Lookout which had a big, well-designed island to explore. The only bad DLC was Mothership Zeta, which was utterly forgettable, but it had some cool items so it was still worth playing.

Which mods would you recommend for New Vegas, btw?

And yeah, time wasn't kind to the first Wasteland :/
I can't register this UK GOTY Edition on Steam, not even the main game. Not just the DLC. It's really weird, it's my first encounter with region-lock on a PC game. :(
As for the gameplay, I really didn't like the lack of Iron Sights and that you can actually kill a person in Power armor with a Baseball bat. Just what, how???

Mods I can recommend for New Vegas, huh?

House of Horrors
CASM_NV E
Realistic Reloading
FPS Weapon Wheel
Leather backpack
The Thunderpipe
Bubba Shot the Jukebox
Fallout Character Overhaul E
Quicker PipBoy Light E
DYNAVISION 3 - Total Visual Enhancement
Nevada Skies - Weather Effects
Helpless Falling
The Couriers Cache
The Inheritance
EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements (Cool new effects for kills with Energy weapons, new weapons, vanilla Energy weapons get a new, sexy look) E
Weapon Mods Expanded - WMX
MTUI E
New Vegas Configator
Afterschool Special (transform the schoolhouse in Goodsprings into a cool player home with the help of two fully-voiced NPCs)
Sortomatic - Modders Resource
Beyond Boulder Dome
Niner
Saxxons Quest Collection
The Weapon Mod Menu
Geonox Riot Armor
Pipboy Remover
A Familiar Friend - The Pip-Boy 2500 - Handheld Pipboy
Follower Home Marker
Realistic Weapons Damages - Unofficial Update E
Realistic Weapons Damages - New Vegas E
NCR Trooper Overhaul - Distributed
Lutana NVSE Plugin
CASM with MCM
Roberts Male Body
DarnifiedUI Configuration
Fallout New Vegas ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated E
FNVEdit
Tactical Flamer Revamp
Enhanced Blood Textures for NV E
Weapons of the New Millenia
Breezes New Vegas Males
Chakan The Forever Man
POCO BUENO Texture Pack
IMPACT
Musicpack for FNV
Ride of the ValkED-E
Unified HUD Project - uHUD E
Pass-card - Retex
Holodisk - Retex
Steam-Punk Shotgun
The New Bison Steve Hotel and Lucky Casino
Wasteland Seeker Armor
Willow - A Better Companion Experience
Weapon Stat Viewer E
FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting E
Interior Lighting Overhaul E
Russell
GRA Patch for Millenias Weapon Retexture Project
Wasteland clothing Hires retexture

Type3 Body and Armor replacer
Spice of Life - Variety Armor and Clothing Robert Breeze Type3
Weapon Retexture Project - WRP
ADAM - Project Nevada Patch
ADAM - A Definitive Armor Mod

Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP E
Weapon Animation Replacers FOMOD
Weapon Animation Replacers

Light Step ED-E E
Fastys Ed-E Movie Buff
Rusty the Bear - Companion Mod
Caesars New Regime - Legion Overhaul
Factions Reloaded - Merge
Mobile Truck Base (Really good if you don't like Fast-Travelling but don't want to walk all the time, you can also store your stuff, drink water and sleep in it)
Flashlight NVSE
DLC Weapon Integration
NCR Trooper Overhaul_beta
Cartoon Failure Death Sound
Bad Mothafucka
One HUD - oHUD E
New Vegas Bounties II
New Vegas Bounties I
The Someguy Series
Project Nevada
Project Nevada - Extra Options
JIP Companions Command and Control
4GB Fallout New Vegas Updated E
NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash E
The Mod Configuration Menu E
Drags Casual Courier
Practice Makes Perfect
Concept Art Loading Screen Replacers - TTW
New Vegas - Enhanced Camera
Milton and Hans
NV_Pitbull Dog Companion

These are the mods I tried out over the last two months, I bold the one I liked the most. The ones who are essential I put an E after the name.

Every last one of the ones I bolded should be compatible with the very user-friendly Nexus Mod Manager. Every mod is available on the New Vegas Nexus. :)

daripad

I think a guy is trying to hit on me or something. He's been texting me a little more and has been answering to some of my tweets, at school he's been getting closer to me. I wasn't aware of it until today because he told me that I MUST wait for him to go to a class which is outside my school and he even sit next to me at a class where he ALWAYS sits with his best friend and left his best friend alone. Moreover, in that class he suddenly put his head on my shoulder which is entirely weird and very suspicious. Then, there is the fact that he denies being gay but everyone has assumed that he is already.

I still think that he is just friendly but if he keeps doing more things I'll assume that he is trying to get my attention. Besides, why would he be attracted to me? I suspect he knows I'm gay because I accidentally talked about a crush I had with another friend and I think he overheard us but I don't think there are other reasons to be interested in me at this moment.

Kater

Banned
He put his head on your shoulder? You are only suspicious of him being into you? What?

He is either heads over heels into you or he is psychotic and acting like a cat. :)

Grakl

greater than Toothless?! :O
For cute Pokemon in its gen!
I think a guy is trying to hit on me or something. He's been texting me a little more and has been answering to some of my tweets, at school he's been getting closer to me. I wasn't aware of it until today because he told me that I MUST wait for him to go to a class which is outside my school and he even sit next to me at a class where he ALWAYS sits with his best friend and left his best friend alone. Moreover, in that class he suddenly put his head on my shoulder which is entirely weird and very suspicious. Then, there is the fact that he denies being gay but everyone has assumed that he is already.

I still think that he is just friendly but if he keeps doing more things I'll assume that he is trying to get my attention. Besides, why would he be attracted to me? I suspect he knows I'm gay because I accidentally talked about a crush I had with another friend and I think he overheard us but I don't think there are other reasons to be interested in me at this moment.
Daw. I forgot, what kind of school are you in?

He's totally into you. And why would you be surprised about it? You seem fun from the bit I've read on here. :)

Vazduh

Mods I can recommend for New Vegas, huh?

These are the mods I tried out over the last two months, I bold the one I liked the most. The ones who are essential I put an E after the name.

Every last one of the ones I bolded should be compatible with the very user-friendly Nexus Mod Manager. Every mod is available on the New Vegas Nexus. :)

O M G, there's so many! I'm going to have to google those you've marked as essential. Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Kater

Banned
O M G, there's so many! I'm going to have to google those you've marked as essential. Thanks, I appreciate it :)
No problem, the more people get to know and appreciate these great modding community, the better.

Don't forget to give Kudos to mod authors/endorse mods if you liked a mod, the mod authors really appreciate that and it encourages other people when they see that people reward them to make mods as well. =)

daripad

He put his head on your shoulder? You are only suspicious of him being into you? What?

He is either heads over heels into you or he is psychotic and acting like a cat. :)

That sounds really cute daripad :)

D: so he's really into me? :O

Daw. I forgot, what kind of school are you in?

Uni

He's totally into you. And why would you be surprised about it? You seem fun from the bit I've read on here. :)

I'm actually not fun, but he isn't that kind of guy either.

Should I let him do the rest or do I have to ask him out or something? I'm really shocked myself. What am I supposed to do?

Grakl

D: so he's really into me? :O

Uni

I'm actually not fun, but he isn't that kind of guy either.

Should I let him do the rest or do I have to ask him out or something? I'm really shocked myself. What am I supposed to do?
Goforiiiit

I would just ask if he's gay. It's on him at that point -- if he says no I wouldn't force it out of him, provided he is (and he's denied it before). You could get it out of him if you say you're interested, and that's probably the easiest way, though scary.

daripad

Goforiiiit

I would just ask if he's gay. It's on him at that point -- if he says no I wouldn't force it out of him, provided he is (and he's denied it before). You could get it out of him if you say you're interested, and that's probably the easiest way, though scary.

When should I ask him? Tomorrow? I'll do it.

Disclaimer: Under no account is genitalia guaranteed upon the request of the identifying of an individual's sexuality. P&P applies. See in store for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom