• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

jiIKCt1.jpg

RIP

Prepare the pepper spray in case she's a yandere.

It's really annoying when girls hit on you even after they get to know that you are not into the other sex. Experienced that myself when living with a bunch of people. 😒

Crisis averted, it was a quick, painless talk. She didn't try to rip my clothes off so I'm going to say she's just friendly :p

Vazduh

You need Kero GOTY Blaster in your life :p

I'm glad you posted this because I've always wanted to ask you about your avatar (and I always forget). I'll have to check that game out.

Hihi

Well that and that you have a standard lifespan since you don't die of the gay death at 25 (European gay death, 30 is American as I have been told).

Well, that means I'm beyond dead, then! Can zombies find love?

Ui0AuN4.gif

Well that and that you have a standard lifespan since you don't die of the gay death at 25 (European gay death, 30 is American as I have been told).

At least gays die naturally. We Bis are unlikely to reach our old age, seeing as we're attracted to twice the number of people, which carries twice the risks. Also, how's Stephen Fry still alive and awesome?

Crisis averted, it was a quick, painless talk. She didn't try to rip my clothes off so I'm going to say she's just friendly :p

for now. wait until she ask you go to to the office party and offer you a drink and tell you she doesn't drink and she never done this before.

I don't like the f-word and stay away from people who use it (on everything "that [thing/person] is so gay, such a f**"). Simple.

Same here. I really hate hearing the f-word. Maybe it's because I heard it so much growing up and even though people around me didn't know I was gay, it still stung. Hell, I still hear it now sometimes from extended family members which really bugs me. I don't even really like when gay people use it, but it's their call, I guess.

Dany

Banned
It's really annoying when girls hit on you even after they get to know that you are not into the other sex. Experienced that myself when living with a bunch of people. 😒

Nah I disagree. It's all in good fun. When my friends and I go out it don't matter as long as we have a good time.

Hey guys, just thought I'd give you another update, as I'm quite excited!

I've officially lost 15 pounds! Turns out cutting most sugar from a diet, eating smaller portions and getting some exercise for once can really do wonders :).

Just need to lose another 40 pounds and I'll be my target weight.

Sorry if this is a little too excited for a meagre loss, but I've never lost weight before! Well, there was that week I lost 10 pounds because my depression medication essentially destroyed my appetite, but I don't think that really counts. =P

I've officially lost 15 pounds! Turns out cutting most sugar from a diet, eating smaller portions and getting some exercise for once can really do wonders :).

Sorry if this is a little too excited for a meagre loss, but I've never lost weight before! Well, there was that week I lost 10 pounds because my depression medication essentially destroyed my appetite, but I don't think that really counts. =P

congrats on your progress!

Grakl

Hihi

American gay death was 25 recently, but this past month it went to 20. However, if you're already older than 20, you have avoided it, so you're good.

VegiHam

Good for you! Seriously, a whole stone is nothing to call 'meagre' you should be really proud! Keep at it and remember to take it slow and healthy, don't do what I did and screw yourself up :p

Dany

Banned

No that is fantastic :D Congrats man. Cut all carbonated sugary drinks, stick to water and limit and cut your sweets :)

You'll be amazed by the progress you can make. Protein really helps in appetite contro btw. Keep us posted

Kater

Banned
Well, that means I'm beyond dead, then! Can zombies find love?

Ui0AuN4.gif
Vampires can, and according to that Twilight-esque movie with the Zombie-Boy, Undead too! 😜

At least gays die naturally. We Bis are unlikely to reach our old age, seeing as we're attracted to twice the number of people, which carries twice the risks. Also, how's Stephen Fry still alive and awesome?
Just use protection and don't let random people bite you in the genitals and you are alright.

Same here. I really hate hearing the f-word. Maybe it's because I heard it so much growing up and even though people around me didn't know I was gay, it still stung. Hell, I still hear it now sometimes from extended family members which really bugs me. I don't even really like when gay people use it, but it's their call, I guess.
I think it's really unnecessary to use such words in general. I don't like censorship but that doesn't mean that I run around shouting obscenities at random people. Say "shit" if you cut yourself, but don't use insults. Find another way to let out your anger besides hurting other peoples feelings. That's what I go by. :)

Nah I disagree. It's all in good fun. When my friends and I go out it don't matter as long as we have a good time.
It's annoying to deal with it if you live in the same house though. (Or if the person works at the same place like in Rm88s case)

American gay death was 25 recently, but this past month it went to 20. However, if you're already older than 20, you have avoided it, so you're good.
Oh, so if you cheat gay death with some luck you are immortal? Yay. 😎

That's why Gandalf is still kicking, right?

I knew there was at least some metaphysics involved , but I wasn't sure how important it is to the whole shebang.

And yours is a rather refreshing perspective. I was raised in a Christian family that barely understands its own faith and why they follow it, so most of my experience with religion is incredibly shallow (and even now spiritual experience is completely foreign to me.)

Thanks. I'm kind of glad I didn't grow up in a very religious family, or if I had I probably would have felt a lot more restricted in thinking about what it is or could be.

Vazduh

Vampires can, and according to that Twilight-esque movie with the Zombie-Boy, Undead too!

Yesss, now I need to find someone to bring me back to life.

It's Warm Bodies you're talking about, right? I haven't watched the movie yet, but I've read the book and I didn't like it too much. It was far from boring, it's just that I couldn't handle all that quirkiness. Maybe the movie is more palatable?

Congratulations. I wouldn't say it's a meager loss, especially since it seems to have given you the necessary confidence boost, which is awesome!

Kater

Banned
Yesss, now I need to find someone to bring me back to life.

It's Warm Bodies you're talking about, right? I haven't watched the movie yet, but I've read the book and I didn't like it too much. It was far from boring, it's just that I couldn't handle all that quirkiness. Maybe the movie is more palatable?
Haven't watched it either since it seems too similar to Twilight from what I've got from the trailer. And I don't need more Twilight in my life, I can fall asleep after some bottles of Cider instead and it's a lot more entertaining. :/

congrats on your progress!

Thanks!

Good for you! Seriously, a whole stone is nothing to call 'meagre' you should be really proud! Keep at it and remember to take it slow and healthy, don't do what I did and screw yourself up :p

Thank you! How did you screw yourself up, if you don't mind me asking? I lost 15 pounds since late summer, with 8 of those pounds coming off in the last two weeks -- I've stepped up my discipline since then -- so I think I'm losing at a safe rate.

No that is fantastic :D Congrats man. Cut all carbonated sugary drinks, stick to water and limit and cut your sweets :)

You'll be amazed by the progress you can make. Protein really helps in appetite contro btw. Keep us posted

Yeah, I switched to almost entirely water. I even cut out juice and replaced it with fresh fruit for my energy and vitamins.

What do you recommend for protein, other than chicken?

Congratulations. I wouldn't say it's a meager loss, especially since it seems to have given you the necessary confidence boost, which is awesome!

Yeah, it definitely makes me feel like keeping going!

VegiHam

Thank you! How did you screw yourself up, if you don't mind me asking? I lost 15 pounds since late summer, with 8 of those pounds coming off in the last two weeks -- I've stepped up my discipline since then -- so I think I'm losing at a safe rate.
Lost 70 pounds in basically 7 months, but accelerating the rate it which I was losing so it was like 30 in the last two. Kinda stayed the same over summer before attempting to lose more in the new term. Gotten to the point where despite technically being a healthy weight I've become obsessive about how much I'm losing and what I eat. But it sounds like you're handling yourself relatively well so I'd say keep at it! It seems like you're doing things right dude!

Kevyt

Thanks!

Yeah, I switched to almost entirely water. I even cut out juice and replaced it with fresh fruit for my energy and vitamins.

Yeah, it definitely makes me feel like keeping going!

Fish like Salmon or Tilapia. Cashews are a really good snack if you get hungry between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner.

Lost 70 pounds in basically 7 months, but accelerating the rate it which I was losing so it was like 30 in the last two. Kinda stayed the same over summer before attempting to lose more in the new term. Gotten to the point where despite technically being a healthy weight I've become obsessive about how much I'm losing and what I eat. But it sounds like you're handling yourself relatively well so I'd say keep at it! It seems like you're doing things right dude!

10 pounds a month? how's that even possible... I'm a bit skeptic though. You would have to basically starve yourself to lose that much. May I ask how did you lose so much weight?

Kater

Banned
I lost 18 kg over 4 months with strictly looking at what's in my food. Not too much sugar, no noodles and all that. No snacks after 6 PM. And 1400 calories with lots of walking.

VegiHam

10 pounds a month? how's that even possible... I'm a bit skeptic though. You would have to basically starve yourself to lose that much. May I ask how did you lose so much weight?
10 miles a day while eating around 1000 calories, basically. Burned what I ate and that works out at basically half a pound a day so once throw in the occasional cheat day and chocolate bar and it still averages out to a lot lost. I know, it's not the healthy way to do things and I'm an idiot. That said though haven't put the weight back on and I'm still trying to loose the last 9 pounds to reach my target.

Kevyt

I lost 18 kg over 4 months with strictly looking at what's in my food. Not too much sugar, no noodles and all that. No snacks after 6 PM. And 1400 calories with lots of walking.

A 1400 calorie diet sounds too low. You don't lose weight in a healthy fashion by starving yourself. Also how much walking are we talking about, what kind of walking, and how many times a week?

10 miles a day while eating around 1000 calories, basically. Burned what I ate and that works out at basically half a pound a day so once throw in the occasional cheat day and chocolate bar and it still averages out to a lot lost. I know, it's not the healthy way to do things and I'm an idiot. That said though haven't put the weight back on and I'm still trying to loose the last 9 pounds to reach my target.

Wow... That's suicide. Don't do that ever again. Not healthy, your tearing apart your body when you do that.Even though I'm guilty of this myself. I don't think I could run for 10 miles with just a 1000 calorie diet though. Quite an accomplishment, but a bad one!! lol

A 1400 calorie diet sounds too low. You don't lose weight in a healthy fashion by starving yourself. Also how much walking are we talking about, what kind of walking, and how many times a week?

Wow... That's suicide. Don't do that ever again. Not healthy, your tearing apart your body when you do that.Even though I'm guilty of this myself. I don't think I could run for 10 miles with just a 1000 calorie diet though. Quite an accomplishment, but a bad one!! lol

it depends on his height too. if he just eat that low and don't work out, that seems fine. not like he's burning much off anyways.

VegiHam

Nonono not running. Walking. I can't run that much :p
And I'm only like 5 foot 6 so I don't need much food anyway. But yeah it's horribly destructive.

Kater

Banned
6 kilometers a day, sometimes 10. Yeah, maybe a bit too much. 😄

I kind of want to gain a little fat at the moment so that I can train my arms a little. They feel more like soft bread or something. ^^

Kevyt

Nonono not running. Walking. I can't run that much :p
And I'm only like 5 foot 6 so I don't need much food anyway. But yeah it's horribly destructive.

Ah okay.. Still that's bad.

6 kilometers a day, sometimes 10. Yeah, maybe a bit too much. ��

I kind of want to gain a little fat at the moment so that I can train my arms a little. They feel more like soft bread or something. ^^

No you don't need fat. You need protein.

I found a vintage couple! Oscar Wilde and Lord Alfred Douglas aka "Bosie":

Wildeanddouglas.jpg

e8a0cde85f42424ce718e58c5f237840.jpg

3565.jpg

bosie.jpg

tumblr_m4usikDREU1qjb1jzo4_250.jpg

Lord Alfred Douglas was really good looking. I'd say they were a very cute couple.

tumblr_lnegr59SRR1qm25mqo1_500.gif

Dany

Banned
Thanks!

Turkey, Beef or possibly even buying protein power.

Kevyt

Oscar Wilde was such a fantastic author. I love The Picture of Dorian Grey and The Importance of Being Earnest.

<3

Indeed. He was a great writer. Dorian Grey is amazing, gonna read it again.

Wilde was brilliant. I wouldn't call them a cute couple though, Douglas was an asshole from what I understand.

I mean both of them were cute. Especially Bosie. So they were a cute couple. They had a lot of problems, such as Bosie not taking care of Wilde when he was sick... also denouncing his "homosexuality." But then again... aren't most cute guys assholes? lol
Just kidding :3
Douglas was also a good writer. Maybe not as good as Wilde, but his Uranian poems are interesting.

daripad

I can't imagine myself looking like Yoshi lol

BTW I'm still fat, going up and down in the same range of weight, is frustrating since school ruins my schedule entirely, definitely shouldn't have done my schedule the way I did, fortunately there is just one month left and then I'll go back to try controlling my weight.

Enzon

Hey!, this is my first post here even though i've been a lurker for some time, i guess i don't post that much because i don't think my english is very good haha. Yeah so i wanted to say hi, i'll try and post more because i find this thread really interesting.

So, i'm sharing today that even though i'm overweight and i've been that way for some time i've never felt that i'm THAT ugly or unattractive. But still, it sucks to be gay and chubby (specially when you are not into other chubby guys) so i started losing some weight, i've lost about 15 pounds and today i uploaded a picture to Instagram and people really noticed the difference, it motivates me to keep going, and i won't stop anytime soon until i feel great on the outside as i feel on the inside ahhaa. Whatever, i guess my point is that even if you don't feel like you need others people approval, getting some love really helps you motivate yourself. So, that's it. Hi :)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hey!, this is my first post here even though i've been a lurker for some time, i guess i don't post that much because i don't think my english is very good haha. Yeah so i wanted to say hi, i'll try and post more because i find this thread really interesting.

Hi and welcome! You like the best gen 6 starter so you're okay with me.

Kevyt

So, i'm sharing today that even though i'm overweight and i've been that way for some time i've never felt that i'm THAT ugly or unattractive. But still, it sucks to be gay and chubby (specially when you are not into other chubby guys) so i started losing some weight, i've lost about 15 pounds and today i uploaded a picture to Instagram and people really noticed the difference, it motivates me to keep going, and i won't stop anytime soon until i feel great on the outside as i feel on the inside ahhaa. Whatever, i guess my point is that even if you don't feel like you need others people approval, getting some love really helps you motivate yourself. So, that's it. Hi :)

OMG you're from CHILE!!! Hi!!! Los Prisioneros d'aww <3 Welcome, welcome!!! It's always good to have a positive self image. I'm glad you do :)

Hi and welcome! You like the best gen 6 starter so you're okay with me.

What does that mean? Am I okay with you? :D

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member

Heyo! Welcome! I don't post much either so you can pretty much ignore my comment but I just wanted to tell you that your English is more than fine, in fact it's great! :D

Kevyt

are you new here too? welcome!

Oh my days Ratsky... This is the third time you say that... I: No I'm not new... we've actually talked several times about several things!! like Bi-erasure, remember? You don't remember me?? :( Well that's okay, it always happens to me... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom