• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
I spent hours in the creation menus of Skyrim and the Fallout games, but DAYS in the Oblivion creation menus. Probably because they have made me break down in laughter on multiple occasions. All character creation systems should strive to be more like Oblivions, because it was... Striking.
I spent such a long time in Oblivions character creation menu until I finally got a halfway okay-looking character just to find out that the world I stepped into is filled with people who look like they came out of some Hieronymus Bosch painting and felt way more Alien than if I had just chosen the frp, the Standard looks palette. But that was my usual experience with Bethesda games up until Skyrim came out so I was used to it I found out how to install all these "make Bethesda NPCs look human" mods. ^^

That's kind of the reason why I don't usually like WRPG customization a lot, because since it's photorealistic you need to have a good eye for what looks "right", and that's if you're even given the luxury of proper facial sculpting. That said making heinously misshapen people is always hilarious.

I wish I could find a game that did customizable physiques very well. That's something both east and west seem to have a hard time with.

Photorealism in western RPGs? Are we in 2050 already? Seems like I had a really long-lasting sleep. Did Half-Life 3 get released while I was in that deep sleep?

RM8

is it really that good? how is the battle system?
I'm actually finding it a bit hard to obsess over Fantasy Life :0 The game is charming, I love the art and music, and it's definitely an enjoyable laid back experience. But I'm finding it a bit too light in gameplay to be honest. I'll still allow it to steal plenty of hours from me, there's a ton of stuff to do, but it's not going into my list of must have games, I think. There are more fun action RPGs and sim games separately on 3DS, but I guess this is unique in the sense that it mixes both.

That being said, I'm still just starting and I've only been a paladin so far :p Things might get better later.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The battle system is more on the basic side, but there are 5 or 6 fighting styles to choose from, each with their own techniques. It's very satisfying battling these huge bosses and cashing in the bounties.

There is legit so much stuff to do in the game that I've been playing for hours and I still haven't even scratched the surface. And you have so much control too, you can do whatever you want and skip over whatever you have no interest in.

I'm actually finding it a bit hard to obsess over Fantasy Life :0 The game is charming, I love the art and music, and it's definitely an enjoyable laid back experience. But I'm finding it a bit too light in gameplay to be honest. I'll still allow it to steal plenty of hours from me, there's a ton of stuff to do, but it's not going into my list of must have games, I think. There are more fun action RPGs and sim games separately on 3DS, but I guess this is unique in the sense that it mixes both.

That being said, I'm still just starting and I've only been a paladin so far :p Things might get better later.

I might rent it then u__u

Also: What in the actual fuck at English Wikipedia's featured article.

?

If you've only tried one job I can see why you'd think that. The big draw of this game IMO is the 12 different lives and the ability to jump from one to the other and partake in a wide variety of experiences.

The game isn't perfect of course, but I feel like it really has a lot to offer. I'm enjoying it immensely.

Ty4on

Knowing Sonic fandom maybe it ends in an orgy or something.

Hi :p

Holy shit, I looked up some Sonic drama I remembered from around 07 and it brought me to a person deep in GG... I won't reveal more of what I did online back then :p
Edit:
Hmm, really no info other than he liked drama back then as well. I look up that drama every time I think of the Sonic fanbase because that's when I realized how fucked up parts of it were.

Caladrius

sonic does kinda suck tbh

I would like to remind everyone of one of BD's favorite games ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

KingdomdaysNA.jpg

You're surrounded by them!

Let them gather

They should dissent to their future Overlord while they still can still live to tell the tale.

I used to love Sonic (back in the Genesis days), but he hasn't had a really good game in a longggg time. Sonic Generations was half-good (I mainly liked the 2D sections). I just don't think Sonic works well in 3D - it's way too automatic.

That said... Sonic Racing Transformed was awesome and became one of my favorite kart racers ever. I might actually like it more than Mario Kart 8 because of the sheer amount of content in the game. I think MK8's driving feels better though.

Ty4on

Let them gather

They should dissent to their future Overlord while they still can still live to tell the tale.
Maybe
I used to love Sonic (back in the Genesis days), but he hasn't had a really good game in a longggg time. Sonic Generations was half-good (I mainly liked the 2D sections). I just don't think Sonic works well in 3D - it's way too automatic.

That said... Sonic Racing Transformed was awesome and became one of my favorite kart racers ever. I might actually like it more than Mario Kart 8 because of the sheer amount of content in the game. I think MK8's driving feels better though.

I find the driving to be much better in Sonic. I haven't played MK8 much, but I never felt in control while drifting unlike in Sonic. I also own the Vita version of Transformed which is 30fps with drops though I mostly played MK8 in 3-4 player.

As someone who became a Sonic fan in 2006 I think their recent output has been amazing. When you remember Sonic for GBA the fact modern Sonic CD featured IMPROVEMENTS and Sega listened to the fanbase by giving us both soundtracks (in earlier collections they replaced the music in PAL with US) still stuns me.
Sonic Boom looks awful, but it feels wrong when every Sonic game is good :p

Kater

Banned
I mean Photorealistic in the sense of attempting to emulate the real world.
Not really good attempts, mostly. Modders put those devs to shame when it comes to textures. 😪

Also, I think I rather not use the terms JRPG or WRPG anymore, they seem to be part of a really long-lasting silly squabble and I don't want to be mistaken with someone who puts much time into proving how superior my preferred kind of games are.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That belly button is singlehandedly ruining the gif.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't tell if it's an innie or an outie or if it's one of those strange rock formations you see on the Mars that look like an alien.

Caladrius

Not really good attempts, mostly. Modders put those devs to shame when it comes to textures. ��

Also, I think I rather not use the terms JRPG or WRPG anymore, they seem to be part of a really long-lasting silly squabble and I don't want to be mistaken with someone who puts much time into proving how superior my preferred kind of games are.

Well modders have as much time as they want to reach their goal. If only we lived in a world where games could consistently come out quickly and be given all the love they need. :/

And I don't think you have to worry too much about that. You have a fairly level-headed approach to expressing your opinions, so I don't think anyone would mistake your intentions.

I can't tell if it's an innie or an outie or if it's one of those strange rock formations you see on the Mars that look like an alien.

It looks like a marble got stuck in there.

Rude.

Kevyt

wait. i thought Sai was the only bi person here.

Plot twist: Every human being is bisexual.
Sexuality is a continuum.

Ok guys, time for an update!

I didn't get a moment alone with him so I couldn't ask but he told me that he wants to tell me about his love life (which hints at him being gay by the way he spoke of it) but there is too much stuff so he will do so when we have time, so I guess his approach will be a slow one. At least I caught another sign today: when I said goodbye he briefly had a sad face. I will have to wait until he tells me about his past to know the whole picture.

I'm sorry to dissapoint you guys ��

You should invite him for a coffee or a drink or something. Be like, "hey! do you wanna go grab a coffee at starbucks?" Then you would know if he's interested, and you're just asking him as a friend to go out and have a coffee. But you two would have all the time alone to talk and get to know one another. Best of luck!

Who's that?? o:

Hi Danny! Out of curiosity, is that you? Are you those pictures that you post of yourself (and your avatar)? If so, wow!! you're very handsome! :) Otherwise, you're still very handsome! :D

That belly button is singlehandedly ruining the gif.

I know, I was kinda thinking the same. The rest is so good though!

It looks like a marble got stuck in there.

Au contraire, I think his belly button looks very cute :3

No one gets that happy from cycling.

Hi :p

Holy shit, I looked up some Sonic drama I remembered from around 07 and it brought me to a person deep in GG... I won't reveal more of what I did online back then :p
Edit:
Hmm, really no info other than he liked drama back then as well. I look up that drama every time I think of the Sonic fanbase because that's when I realized how fucked up parts of it were.

It's even more real than I thought :p

Dany

Banned
No one gets that happy from cycling.

Nothing beats a great cardio session. <3

Hi Danny! Out of curiosity, is that you? Are you those pictures that you post of yourself (and your avatar)? If so, wow!! you're very handsome! :) Otherwise, you're still very handsome! :D
I wish. This is me. http://abload.de/image.php?img=img_0293kyitv.jpg

Would'a thought him too smooth for ya, Dany!

We all have our quirks. :p

Nothing beats a great cardio session. <3

if by that you mean fucking then maybe

I prefer calisthenics, I think a lot of exercise routines are fairly extreme and thus not really fun, like most of the things we do in the west. (brb gonna do line of blow.)

I'd be very happy if my abs ever came to look like that from cycling! But he probably has an amazing workout routine and a good diet.

Maybe but you wouldn't be like "oh this cool down is fantastic" :p

Dany

Banned
100% mexican haha, and thank you. :) I just like using abload.

if by that you mean fucking then maybe

I prefer calisthenics, I think a lot of exercise routines are fairly extreme and thus not really fun, like most of the things we do in the west. (brb gonna do line of blow.)

I love both :D I end my session with a good hearty run.
in which i nearly pass out

save the coke hun

Runner's high is a strong and great feeling! It's the most natural way to get high and feel good! :p

Meditation is better imo. I remember getting so sensitized once that I'd listen to really expressive music and wriggle around in my bed hugging a pillow and laugh-crying, and I'd be weirdly genuine to everyone all the time and leave flowery messages on people's walls on facebook. It was weird.

snorted some fungi from the fridge. I got a good whif while cleaning it today

RIP me :(

You have no idea how much I imagine fungi growing in my lungs.

It's actually not very often but once is enough with something like that.

Runner's high is a strong and great feeling! It's the most natural way to get high and feel good! :p

Mexico has some of the best looking guys ever!! :D

Perhaps one of the most bullshit uses of the word natural I have seen lately lol. You didn't even say one of the most to qualify it.

Dany

Banned
I was actually offered shrooms yesterday night. Passed it up because I had no idea of the cost.

plus im a boyscout

I was actually offered shrooms yesterday night. Passed it up because I had no idea of the cost.

plus im a boyscout

They're ok but they're kind of something you need to plan for. Like if you get a group of friends together that are all kind of on the same wavelength and you each take like three grams then walk around town and lay down in grassy parks and climb statues and talk about how cool and benevolent trees seem for some reason. You can go another way with them but it usually ends up getting pretty psychological if not a bit uncomfortable and that can be a bit too much at first, better in like a fun group outing I think.

Is GAF glitching or you two are indeed using the same avatar?

Glitching Dany still has FastBoner avatar.

Kevyt

Perhaps one of the most bullshit uses of the word natural I have seen lately lol. You didn't even say one of the most to qualify it.

Probably. I meant natural as in the fact that you don't need any outside substances to alter your state. Since your body releases it's own dopamine (among other potential neurotransmitters) and "feel good" neuropeptides after strenuous physical activity. However, you are right, it's not the best use of the word natural.

wow german. that's pretty white.

There are dark skinned Germans.

Meditation is better imo. I remember getting so sensitized once that I'd listen to really expressive music and wriggle around in my bed hugging a pillow and laugh-crying, and I'd be weirdly genuine to everyone all the time and leave flowery messages on people's walls on facebook. It was weird.

That's very interesting. Do you still meditate?

Is GAF glitching or you two are indeed using the same avatar?

I was just thinking "where on earth is Burrito de Maíz?"

It's a glitch.

Sai-kun

Banned
They're ok but they're kind of something you need to plan for. Like if you get a group of friends together that are all kind of on the same wavelength and you each take like three grams then walk around town and lay down in grassy parks and climb statues and talk about how cool and benevolent trees seem for some reason. You can go another way with them but it usually ends up getting pretty psychological if not a bit uncomfortable and that can be a bit too much at first, better in like a fun group outing I think.

a friend's group acid trip outing never panned out this past summer >://// v disappointing

also i keep meaning to respond to your PM but i'm a piece of shit i'm sorry :( what you said has been helpful tho!

There are dark skinned Germans.

just a running punchline with danny that people somehow always initially mistake him for being some kind of white, when he's even more mexican than I am :p

My roommate is convinced the reason my computers battery life dropped from 2.5 hours to 25 minutes over the course of a single day is because I leave it on sleep mode often. I am growing increasingly convinced that rooming with friends is bad. I am starting to hate him now. So many asinine and poorly thought out beliefs and opinions made worse by his extreme arrogance. Dude also literally believes that rain is gods tears because "it has rained every Easter where I have been". Gee and what of the millions of other Christians that lived in locations where it didn't fucking rain.

Dany

Banned

Glitching Dany still has FastBoner avatar.
That sounds great actually. I need to ask nurses and nursing students if they take anything, and how they mange. I'm to nervous that one hit or trip will fuck it all up.
just a running punchline with danny that people somehow always initially mistake him for being some kind of white, when he's even more mexican than I am :p
;(

a friend's group acid trip outing never panned out this past summer >://// v disappointing

That sucks :( Maybe next year, it's one of those activities that works well in summer, so it should be on the radar. I still really want to go camping and do LSD, though I don't really do drugs anymore I'd make an exception for something like that.

That's very interesting. Do you still meditate?

Yeah, though I've gotten a bit lax in the past week or so with midterms and stuff. Speaking of which I have some work I've been putting off...

Kevyt

Oh I see. Even though I asked if he was German because of the website, and how it's all in German and stuff.

My roommate is convinced the reason my computers battery life dropped from 2.5 hours to 25 minutes over the course of a single day is because I leave it on sleep mode often. I am growing increasingly convinced that rooming with friends is bad. I am starting to hate him now. So many asinine and poorly thought out beliefs and opinions made worse by his extreme arrogance. Dude also literally believes that rain is gods tears because "it has rained every Easter where I have been". Gee and what of the millions of other Christians that lived in locations where it didn't fucking rain.

Not good... :(

It doesn't bug me, I was just explaining why it looks unusual.

It does look a bit unusual, but I still like it :p

Yeah, though I've gotten a bit lax in the past week or so with midterms and stuff. Speaking of which I have some work I've been putting off...

I know the feeling... It's like after midterms, I haven't done any work. It's this time of the semester that I procrastinate a lot. I don't know, I just don't feel like doing any work. But it needs to be taken care of. Good luck with your work!

also i keep meaning to respond to your PM but i'm a piece of shit i'm sorry :( what you said has been helpful tho!

Oh that's okay! I really wasn't expecting a reply unless it was for clarification or something. I often formalize my thoughts by writing them out and I kind of wanted to do it :p

That sounds great actually. I need to ask nurses and nursing students if they take anything, and how they mange. I'm to nervous that one hit or trip will fuck it all up.

;(

Psychedelics leave your system quite quickly, I don't remember the exact time but I think it might be like three days or less? Don't quote me on that though, and I don't know if you have like random drug tests or whatever.

I know the feeling... It's like after midterms, I haven't done any work. It's this time of the semester that I procrastinate a lot. I don't know, I just don't feel like doing any work. But it needs to be taken care of. Good luck with your work!

Yeah and that's when like all of the research papers are due it seems! Thanks, you too.

He's either multiplying or his future self achieved metempsychosis and traveled to our present in the form of Dany.

lol the world needs more ne'er-do-wells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom