• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

I never understood why people hate that show.
The fan base, sure there are arguments to be made there but the actual show isn't that bad.

People hate that show because the fanbase props it up to the point where anything surrounding it is completely insufferable. It's a typical kid's show, and nothing more.

Kater

Banned
Pokkén is happening. Is this real life?
Wha-...

...t? What?

It's really happening...?

BE66A8C361A02A99F6EB5EBEC99CD9BB.jpg

People hate that show because the fanbase props it up to the point where anything surrounding it is completely insufferable. It's a typical kid's show, and nothing more.
See, I agree with you. I guess I'm just better at blocking out the obnoxious fanbase of certain shows. It doesn't even bother me anymore.

Alrus

If the MLP fanbase went about the show like any other kid's show fanbase, I don't think there would have been nearly as much backlash tbh. I still don't understand why that particular show resonated with so many obnoxious people.

So Hot Topics might be selling decent shirts sometime huh, I always thought they were only selling Goth/Scene stuff and "flavor of the moment YA movie" stuff.

Kater

Banned
Ignore the obnoxious people. Easy.

And I don't agree with the "usual kids show" part. It's not aiming to be for a certain demographic only, it's more like Spongebob who is entertaining for young and old.

Alrus

Ignore the obnoxious people. Easy.

And I don't agree with the "usual kids show" part. It's not aiming to be for a certain demographic only, it's more like Spongebob who is entertaining for young and old.

Pretty much 90% of the popular kids show these days are aimed at multiple demos. MLP isn't anything special in that regard really.

Edit: And it's not even a recent thing.

Kater

Banned
Pretty much 90% of the popular kids show these days are aimed at multiple demos. MLP isn't anything special in that regard really.

Edit: And it's not even a recent thing.
You are right about that, yeah. Was just defending the show since Grakl said it's a "typical kids show" when its not just a kids show but made for everyone (or almost everyone) in mind.

Agreed on the edited part of your post too, Spongebob is from 1999 and appealed to adults, teens and kids alike.

Alrus

From what I read its only coming to Japanese arcades and there hasnt been any talk of it ever coming to console...though a guy can dream...

A Pokemon fighting game isn't going to stay Arcade exclusive. That'd be really stupid (and it's not going to happen).

You are right about that, yeah. Was just defending the show since Grakl said it's a "typical kids show" when its not just a kids show but made for everyone (or almost everyone) in mind.

Well the thing is, he's kind of right, considering most kids shows are made with other demos in mind, MLP could be considered a "typical kids show" indeed :p

Agreed on the edited part of your post too, Spongebob is from 1999 and appealed to adults, teens and kids alike.

Before Spongebob you had shows like Animaniacs, Freakazoid, and more doing the same thing :)

Grakl

Fightimg games in Japan usually release for arcade first and then get ported to console,right?

Yeah.

Eh, I still hold the opinion that there's nothing elevating above a kid's show.

RM8

It's normal. Tekken 6 made it to consoles 2 years after the arcade release. Now, Nintendo would be silly to not put this thing on its starving home console. It's absolutely going to happen :3

Is it fighting-type only? I'm maining Medicham, Heracross, Chesnaught, Mienshao, Hitmonchan and Pangoro :D Hypehype.

It's normal. Tekken 6 made it to consoles 2 years after the arcade release. Now, Nintendo would be silly to not put this thing on its starving home console. It's absolutely going to happen :3

Is it fighting-type only? I'm maining Medichan, Heracross, Chesnaught, Mienshao, Hitmonchan and Pangoro :D Hypehype.

Yyyyyeeeeeessssss Heracross <3333

RM8

I main Wang and Ling in Tekken, it'd be really cool if some of my potential mains play a bit like either of them :3 Harada pls.

Kater

Banned
From what I read its only coming to Japanese arcades and there hasnt been any talk of it ever coming to console...though a guy can dream...

I always think of this when I think of Hot Topic.
It sounds like arcade only confirmed for now. As people have mentioned, Namco release their games for Arcade first, so no doubt this will get a Wii U release.
From the news thread. Sounds like it will come to the console but it will stay for a while on Arcades exclusively. I really hope they can polish the background a bit for the console release, looks really rough from the screenshots.
Well the thing is, he's kind of right, considering most kids shows are made with other demos in mind, MLP could be considered a "typical kids show" indeed :p
:p

So are Nintendo games, and a lot of other things. That's not something negative though, and that is the only thing that annoyed me about the post (besides it being simply false that the show is only intended for kids).

Eh, I still hold the opinion that there's nothing elevating above a kid's show.

Anyway... Let us discuss more about Pokken instead, that seems to be less controversial.

RM8

That'd be pretty cool, but gameplay-wise Capcom VS games don't do it for me :/ They're some of my least favorite fighters.

Grakl

So are Nintendo games, and a lot of other things. That's not something negative though, and that is the only thing that annoyed me about the post (besides it being simply false that the show is only intended for kids).

No need to get annoyed when just stating opinions on MLP, lol.

Kater

Banned
Are you okay, bb? :( <3
Kinda, but not really. Have not slept all that much in the recent week, thoughts always kept me awake (those heated debates about the whole hacking and Zoe Quinn getting harassed, my father making remarks how I should get a girlfriend, how I will like kids when I have my own).

Not a good week. Hope this one will be better.

Thanks for asking. :)

Kinda, but not really. Have not slept all that much in the recent week, thoughts always kept me awake (those heated debates about the whole hacking and Zoe Quinn getting harassed, my father making remarks how I should get a girlfriend, how I will like kids when I have my own).

I'm so tired of hearing that statement :/. I mean.. I'm out to everybody except my grandparents, so only my grandparents bug me about getting a girlfriend. But I'm so tired of hearing the "Oh, you don't want kids? Don't worry. You'll definitely change your mind. You're selfish if you don't have them" BS X___X.

I'm sending positive vibes your way!! <3 <3! Keep us posted, okay?

Grakl

Hope you feel better soon. I totally understand the kids thing and all that, lol.

Kater

Banned
I'm so tired of hearing that statement :/. I mean.. I'm out to everybody except my grandparents, so only my grandparents bug me about getting a girlfriend. But I'm so tired of hearing the "Oh, you don't want kids? Don't worry. You'll definitely change your mind. You're selfish if you don't have them" BS X___X.

I'm sending positive vibes your way!! <3 <3! Keep us posted, okay?
Thank you, BB! :D

My father is the only one who probably doesn't know(?). My grandma took it really well, I think. Pretty cool person, and very open-minded. :)

I know of at least one persons grandparents though who acted the same way yours do. (And that was even after he came out to them :( )

Hope you feel better soon. I totally understand the kids thing and all that, lol.
I can't with kids, too much of a hassle. I get a cat and that's it.
Oh, and thank you. :)

The arcade version will basically act as the beta for console release. Like most fighters that do this, they'll iron out bugs and add new features and modes, and since one version is out that people played they can rebalance the console version that would release. Can't imagine this playing out any other way. All is to wonder is how long of a wait and how long in development this has been in

Aww. That sucks. I like kids myself so I think I'll have some later in life but I perfectly understand where you're coming from.
Feel better soon, huh? :)

Grizzo

Hope you'll have a great week Mr Cat!

Cheerup.gif

Kater

Banned
Aww. That sucks. I like kids myself so I think I'll have some later in life but I perfectly understand where you're coming from.
Feel better soon, huh? :)
I just like cats better since they are more like lazy friends who live on your couch and earn no money on their own. Love these furry little fellas.
coiIN44.gif

Also, thank you for your post, helped me a little. <3

The picture is so cute, it gave me diabetes.
Thank you for the nice words, Grizzo. I'll try to keep them in mind. :)
kids under 5 are the best though. having raised my niece and nephew most of their life they are good little servants.
Pff, cats are still superior. :p
House_Cat_Using_The_Washing_Machine.jpg

tumblr_n8azcmmFC11rc7zl1o1_400.gif

6_CatRoomba2.gif

Just kidding. Kids are still something I cannot handle though. Dunno, parenting a human child is just not for me I guess.. :/

I just like cats better since they are more like lazy friends who live on your couch and earn no money on their own. Love these furry little fellas.
coiIN44.gif

Also, thank you for your post, helped me a little. <3

The picture is so cute, it gave me diabetes.
Thank you for the nice words, Grizzo. I'll try to keep them in mind. :)

Pff, cats are still superior. :p
House_Cat_Using_The_Washing_Machine.jpg

tumblr_n8azcmmFC11rc7zl1o1_400.gif

6_CatRoomba2.gif

Just kidding. Kids are still something I cannot handle though. Dunno, parenting a human child is just not for me I guess.. :/
all that life experience though. like god forbid that your partner becomes disabled and you have to take care of him.

coiIN44.gif

Ahhhh I love cats so much too!! <333 Cats >>>>>>>>

I take gifs of my cat kissing my forehead o________o
rAGOaeX.gif

I never get tired of it X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom