• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, there are Halo games that are available on PC, and Surface/Windows RT. Also, if you have a linux machine and use Wine/windows emulators, you can run said Halo games on it. So...

I'm still talking Microsoft-sanctioned releases, though. It's obvious MS's intent with the PC / tablet / smartphone releases is "we recommend you play this game on a microsoft product," even if it's not necessarily their dedicated gaming console. That's like saying Nintendo's branching out with PC connectivity because you can emulate Wii titles on Dolphin.

You are so cute~ I'm glad your self-esteem is getting better!

You're really cute, don't let anybody else tell you otherwise! hope you'll build up enough confidence to try to meet someone!

Frankly my dear, you're hot.

You look very nice, honestly.

Lookin' good~! Now get out there with that suit and meet some hawt guys! :3

I don't think anyone would have described you as monstrous to begin with, but it's still great to hear that you're feeling more confident.

Hate to break it to you, but you're handsome. :3

Thank you for all of the kind comments! TBH, my low self-esteem is a result of years of being bullied, so it will take a while to accept that I have any worth whatsoever.

Also, I need an excuse to wear coats like that more often. I'm thinking of wearing them to class, but I'm afraid it may be "too much."

Grakl

Have an interview tomorrow, 2worried about it. Never done a technical or Skype interview before, and I have to do both at once, blah.

Kevyt

i5 3750k @4.2GHz (overclocked)
16gb RAM
Radeon HD 7870

Video card could obviously be better, but I don't have the extra cash right now to get a new one (if I'm getting a PS4 soon anyways), and it runs most things I want at High/Ultra just fine.

Your rig will run it better than the PS4 especially with Mantle.

Merci beaucoup mon cherie.

I'm still talking Microsoft-sanctioned releases, though. It's obvious MS's intent with the PC / tablet / smartphone releases is "we recommend you play this game on a microsoft product," even if it's not necessarily their dedicated gaming console. That's like saying Nintendo's branching out with PC connectivity because you can emulate Wii titles on Dolphin.

Yeah I agree. It makes sense. But I would love to see RotTB on PS systems too so I hope it a timed exclusive.

Have an interview tomorrow, 2worried about it. Never done a technical or Skype interview before, and I have to do both at once, blah.

Best of luck!!!

Hello! I always misread your username as Vitamins lol.

Welp. This sucks. :(
My car battery is dead and after I got out of my car, it locked me out with my keys inside. And its 36 degrees outside and I'm at at transit station. Woo. :(((
Currently waiting on a boost and and a locksmith. Darnit.
First time ever too.

Just date whoever you want as long as it's not illegal, and it's a positive relationship for both of you and not an abusive sort of set up.

I was just wondering. ;P

My car battery is dead and after I got out of my car, it locked me out with my keys inside. And its 36 degrees outside and I'm at at transit station. Woo. :(((
First time ever too.

Aww, poor you. Since you're at a transit station, you can wait for them inside right?

Kevyt

Just wondering, does the "Half-Your-Age-Plus-Seven Rule" also applies in the gay dating world?

Just date whoever you want as long as it's not illegal, and it's a positive relationship for both of you and not an abusive sort of set up.

I was just wondering. ;P

Aww, poor you. Since you're at a transit station, you can wait for them inside right?

Whats that half your age plus seven rule about and why is it half your age plus seven? Why not eight or six? o:

First time ever too.

That sucks :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a $100 dollar Smash Bros Wii U bundle, seeing all this talk about Smash and Nintendo makes me want to get said bundle... should I? Do you guys play smash on wii u?

Nope. Open air.
I'd have to travel back to campus to get somewhere warm and the person is already on there way.

Oh. Poop.

Whats that half your age plus seven rule about and why is it half your age plus seven? Why not eight or six? o:

You never heard of it? It's simply a rule of thumb. I had no idea where it came from, but I found this Wikipedia page; it appeared at the beggining of the 20th century.

There's a $100 dollar Smash Bros Wii U bundle, seeing all this talk about Smash and Nintendo makes me want to get said bundle... should I? Do you guys play smash on wii u?

I will. Not getting the bundle tho, I don't see the need to play with a NGC controller.

Kevyt

Oh. Poop.

You never heard of it? It's simply a rule of thumb. I had no idea where it came from, but I found this Wikipedia page; it appeared at the beggining of the 20th century.

I will. Not getting the bundle tho, I don't see the need to play with a NGC controller.

Oh okay, I see how it works. So I could date someone that's 17 according to that rule but I would never date someone younger than me.

As for Wii U bundle, it looks like a nice deal except it doesn't have the tablet controller :(

Edit: It's just the game + controller + adapter Bundle, does not include the Wii U.... Here I was getting excited seeing a Wii U bundle at $100 lol.

WonderzL

Banned
First time ever too.

:(

Edit: It's just the game + controller + adapter Bundle, does not include the Wii U.... Here I was getting excited seeing a Wii U bundle at $100 lol.
:lol I knew people would confuse it. Anyway, I'm definitely playing Smash on Wii U. It's the first time I'll actually try to learn to play the game and not just smash buttons.

Ty4on

The CPU should be fast enough to do that without Mantle. The 7870 is basically an overclocked PS4 GPU and should also do well.

I wonder if all the games delayed till 2015 had similar issues like Unity in utilizing the CPU. Most games have so far been based on last gen.

Winter is coming? We've had winter and it has momentarily left leaving us with a nice sheet of ice that I slid down a hill on... I thankfully managed to stay on course and hit a patch of gravel.

Kevyt

:(

:lol I knew people would confuse it. Anyway, I'm definitely playing Smash on Wii U. It's the first time I'll actually try to learn to play the game and not just smash buttons.

Yeah I was confused. It seemed to good to be true.

Well, you could also date a 26 yo guy. ;)

Yup. Older guys are more mature, at least I would hope.

According to that rule I should be dating 24 year olds.

Do you?

Update: everything turned out alright. Warming up at my house now.

That's good.

Half your age plus 7 is a good rule.

Thanks yo.

My greatest skill is chillaxing.

Yo dude, you're welcome.

The CPU should be fast enough to do that without Mantle. The 7870 is basically an overclocked PS4 GPU and should also do well.

I wonder if all the games delayed till 2015 had similar issues like Unity in utilizing the CPU. Most games have so far been based on last gen.

Winter is coming? We've had winter and it has momentarily left leaving us with a nice sheet of ice that I slid down a hill on... I thankfully managed to stay on course and hit a patch of gravel.

Therefore it should run better on his PC than his PS4. I would advice him to get it on PC but it's up to him ^.^

MarkusRJR

Are there any good gay movies? I've checked out a few on Netflix but they all turn out to be really bad and corny. Is there anything legitimately good?

DOWN

Banned
Are there any good gay movies? I've checked out a few on Netflix but they all turn out to be really bad and corny. Is there anything legitimately good?
I think the two most highly received and well known serious ones I know of are Brokeback Mountain and Weekend.

Most hair looks okay if you have the hardware to enable all the different AA. And mods are soon coming out anyway.

Unless you play on console, then you can do nothing about that.

Yup playing on 360. Sucks that I can't use mods :.(

i5 3750k @4.2GHz (overclocked)
16gb RAM
Radeon HD 7870

Video card could obviously be better, but I don't have the extra cash right now to get a new one (if I'm getting a PS4 soon anyways), and it runs most things I want at High/Ultra just fine.

Your setup is still better than mine.

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+
2gbs ram
Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

Grizzo

They just talked about my book on France Culture, which is a national radio station (owned by the state) and part of Radio France (the french equivalent of the BBC).

They had a daily show devoted to it (5 whole minutes!), one where a bookseller comes and tells you about her favorite books of the moment. They said it was very funny and advised people to buy it.

So... thatwas an exciting way to start this day! My heart raced like crazy when I heard my name on national radio (and they didn't even mispronounced it so yay!).

tumblr_ma8go2ZdgG1qbkawv.gif

They just talked about my book on France Culture, which is a national radio station (owned by the state) and part of Radio France (the french equivalent of the BBC).

They had a daily show devoted to it (5 whole minutes!), one where a bookseller comes and tells you about her favorite books of the moment. They said it was very funny and advised people to buy it.

So... thatwas an exciting way to start this day! My heart raced like crazy when I heard my name on national radio (and they didn't even mispronounced it so yay!).
That's awesome!

Wow, that's awesome! I want to write a novel, so how was your experience with publishers? Was finding one easy? What experience did you have before writing the book?

Grizzo

That's awesome!

Wow, that's awesome! I want to write a novel, so how was your experience with publishers? Was finding one easy? What experience did you have before writing the book?

Thank you guys!

I gotta say I have been pretty lucky for me on the publishing front. I work as a writer freelance (but mostly for a pop-culture oriented website), and a book publisher read some of my articles and contacted me to write for her magazine (paper this time). Things went pretty well, we even wrote a special summer issue with a friend of mine (who's also a writer).

In september of last year, she told us she had an idea for an article: write jokes about litterature. So we came up with this whole sort of "instructions booklet" in 10 pages that deals with all sorts of books (from classic ones to the Goosebumps collection, every one of them, really) and our publisher liked it so much that she offered us to expand the idea into a whole book. So we accepted her offer and went on to write this book, which was published a few weeks ago.

My only advice is to keep trying and never give up, as cheesy as it sounds. I'm always writing notes, my phone is full of ideas of stories of things that I'd like to write about next (whether it's simple jokes or fully formed sentences that serve as a starting point). I don't know if I will ever used those ideas but just the simple fact of putting those thoughts them into words kind of make me feel happy.

Also, having a blog is a great start. I opened up a blog four years ago and that's how I got noticed by several editor-in-chiefs. You never know what those kind of things could lead you to!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
There are a few interesting ones. I just checked the category on Netflix, so I'll write a brief description on the ones I've watched. I'm sure you've heard or watched Brokeback Mountain, so I list it.
  1. First, there's the secret love between two Israeli recruits in Yossi & Jagger. It's an okay movie, it's not the most engaging, but it's nice. I kinda wish it were longer. There's also a sequel Yossi, but I didn't really care for it too much, maybe because of the co-star.
  2. There's a lesbian one, Blue is the Warmest Color. It's quite long, but I actually really like it. There's a dreamlike, yet realistic, depiction of relationships that I don't see in movies a lot, that is really great.
  3. Boys Don't Cry is a bit of a downer movie, but it's very good.
  4. Paris Is Burning is a great documentary about gay and trans life in 80s NYC.
  5. A Single Man is pretty decent. It's about a professor in the 60s and his relationship at the time.
  6. Edge of Seventeen is an okay 80s movie about discovering who you are as a teen.
  7. Gayby is a bit of a comedy, and features a guy looking to find love in NYC.
  8. Like It Is is a very low-budget film, I assume, featuring a boxer who discovers love for the first time. (If I can remember correctly.) It wasn't bad.
  9. Burnt Money meanders a lot and the outcome is a bit disappointing. It's in Spanish, and it's about bank robbers in the 60s or 70s.
  10. Christopher And His Kind is a sort of documentary about life in Nazi Germany for LGBT, but mostly focuses on a guy.
  11. The Birdcage is actually really campy, but also funny from what I can remember. Unfortunately I don't know if I watched it all, or not. But it's about a guy who has two fathers, and his fiance's parents don't know.

There are a few others that I've watched on Netflix, but they appear to be gone.

Oh and We Were Here is a really good documentary about the early years of the AIDS crisis in San Francisco.. Depressing sure but the subject fascinates me and the story is one that I think gay folks should know about.

Kater

Banned

That's fantastic, Grizzo! I am happy for you. :)

Wowwww

That's awesome. Start thinking about another book to make! Nice to see that it's already looking successful~ Congratulations!

red13th

That's amazing, congratulations! :D

berzeli

Banned

Yes, there exist a bunch of them. But it kind of depends of what films you consider a 'gay' film and what you consider a 'good' film to be. I recommend most of the films that hateradio posted (even though I consider A single Man to be more than just decent), so I'll add on to that list.

The Normal Heart (2014) | Trailer

The recent HBO adaptation of the play of the same name by Larry Kramer. Adapted by Kramer and Ryan Murphy it is about the AIDS epidemic of the 80's centring around activists in New York.

Laurance Anyways (2012) | The films of Xavier Dolan | Trailer

Being one of the most exciting contemporary directors Xavier Dolan has explored multiple facets of the queer identity without making his films solely about being queer. In my mind his greatest work so far has been Laurance Anyways and if you're just going to watch one film on this list, make it this one.
It doesn't hurt that Xavier Dolan also happens to be very pretty.

East Palace, West Palace (1996) | Trailer

A film about a gay writer that explores what it means to be gay in China where even if it is legal to be gay the police still persecute homosexuals.

Beautiful Thing (1996) | Trailer of misleadingly dubious quality

A really sweet and funny coming of age film set in the suburbs of London.

Bent (1997) | Trailer

Based on the play of the same name about the persecution of homosexuals by the Nazis and life in the concentration camps. Also worth noting that this is probably the only film in which you will see both Mick Jagger and Jamie Lannister.

Caravaggio (1986) | The films of Derek Jarman | Trailer

One of the pioneers of gay cinema, and the man who brought Tilda Swinton into the limelight, the work of Derek Jarman is a showcase of eccentricity and creativity. I single out Caravaggio not for being his best film but it is probably one of his more accessible works, Nigel Terry and Sean Bean stars in the biopic (of sorts) about the Baroque painter.

Scorpio Rising (1964) | The films of Kenneth Anger | Trailer (for a compilation of his work)

Kenneth Anger is an experimental film-maker who is one of the first (if not the first) American directors to bring gay culture to the cinema. Why do I single out Scorpio Rising? Because yet again this is probably one of the more accessible works, it's about an army of gay Nazi bikers... Yes, most of Anger's work can only be described by the phrase "it is one of the most insane things I've ever seen" .

Pink Narcissus (1971) | Trailer (NSFW!)

I'm going to let the description from the BFI speak for itself:
Pink Narcissus is a breathtaking and outrageous erotic poem focussing on the daydreams of a beautiful boy prostitute who, from the seclusion of his ultra-kitsch apartment, conceives a series of interlinked narcissistic fantasies populated by matadors, dancing boys, slaves and leather-clad bikers. ... With its highly charged hallucinogenic quality, its atmosphere of lush decadence, and its explicit erotic power, Pink Narcissus is a landmark of gay cinema.

North Sea Texas (2011) | Trailer

The second coming of age film on this list, and this one is a stunner, combining some really amazing visuals with a delicate handling of the story.

Brotherhood (2009) | Trailer

David Dencik is one of the greatest working Swedish actors and he co-stars in this film about two Danish ex-servicemen who when they meet in a neo-nazi group start a relationship.

Happy Together (1997) | Trailer

Directed by the great Hong Kong auteur Wong Kar Wai, the film is about a turbulent relationship between two men.

Mysterious Skin (2004) | The films of Gregg Araki | Trailer

I have no idea how Gregg Araki made this film, most of his work is funny, immaterial films that play with gender norms and sexuality. This however is a fantastic piece of drama with a great central performance by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Bad Education (2004) | The films of Pedro Almodóvar | Trailer

Queerness is a central theme in a lot of the films by the Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar, the film I have singled out centres around two childhood friends and the sexual abuse that occurred during their religious schooling under the Franco regime.

Tomboy (2011) | Trailer

This is worth seeing just because of the stunning performance that Zoé Héran gives as a 10 year old transgender boy. Like seriously, the film is great and all but that performance is hauntingly good.

I might do a round-up of documentaries later.

Kater

Banned
@berzeli: Oh, Caravaggio is great. Last bf showed it to me. Really strange movie. Sean Bean
dies like in everything he's in.

No one mentioned J'ai tué ma mère ("I killed my Mother) yet. 😩
Or maybe I'm the only one who likes that film.

That's good to hear. Gotta be honest, I don't even know what Mantle is. I haven't kept up with anything related to video cards basically since building my computer.

No one mentioned J'ai tué ma mère ("I killed my Mother) yet. ��

I liked that movie except I was initially turned off by it because of the obnoxious characters in the opening 15 minutes or so. They both annoyed the shit out of me at first with their yelling/fighting over stuff that was completely dumb, lol. But then it moved on a bit and I got more into it.

EDIT: Also, congrats Grizzo! That's fucking amazing. Very proud of you. :)

berzeli

Banned
@berzeli: Oh, Caravaggio is great. Last bf showed it to me. Really strange movie. Sean Bean

No one mentioned J'ai tué ma mère ("I killed my Mother) yet. 😩

Caravaggio is way less strange than some of the other works of Jarman, but yeah it's odd at times.

I did recommend the films of Xavier Dolan, I just happen to like Laurence Anyways more than J'ai tué ma mère but they're both great films.

Kevyt

Have you seen Priest and Out in the Dark? I liked those out of almost all the LGBT films I've seen on Netflix.

Thank you guys!

I gotta say I have been pretty lucky for me on the publishing front. I work as a writer freelance (but mostly for a pop-culture oriented website), and a book publisher read some of my articles and contacted me to write for her magazine (paper this time). Things went pretty well, we even wrote a special summer issue with a friend of mine (who's also a writer).

In september of last year, she told us she had an idea for an article: write jokes about litterature. So we came up with this whole sort of "instructions booklet" in 10 pages that deals with all sorts of books (from classic ones to the Goosebumps collection, every one of them, really) and our publisher liked it so much that she offered us to expand the idea into a whole book. So we accepted her offer and went on to write this book, which was published a few weeks ago.

My only advice is to keep trying and never give up, as cheesy as it sounds. I'm always writing notes, my phone is full of ideas of stories of things that I'd like to write about next (whether it's simple jokes or fully formed sentences that serve as a starting point). I don't know if I will ever used those ideas but just the simple fact of putting those thoughts them into words kind of make me feel happy.

Also, having a blog is a great start. I opened up a blog four years ago and that's how I got noticed by several editor-in-chiefs. You never know what those kind of things could lead you to!

Wow! Amazing! Congratulations! Could you link me to your blog (if you don't mind)? I would love to read your blog.

Yes, there exist a bunch of them. But it kind of depends of what films you consider a 'gay' film and what you consider a 'good' film to be. I recommend most of the films that hateradio posted (even though I consider A single Man to be more than just decent), so I'll add on to that list.

The Normal Heart (2014) | Trailer

The recent HBO adaptation of the play of the same name by Larry Kramer. Adapted by Kramer and Ryan Murphy it is about the AIDS epidemic of the 80's centring around activists in New York.

Laurance Anyways (2012) | The films of Xavier Dolan | Trailer

Being one of the most exciting contemporary directors Xavier Dolan has explored multiple facets of the queer identity without making his films solely about being queer. In my mind his greatest work so far has been Laurance Anyways and if you're just going to watch one film on this list, make it this one.
It doesn't hurt that Xavier Dolan also happens to be very pretty.

East Palace, West Palace (1996) | Trailer

A film about a gay writer that explores what it means to be gay in China where even if it is legal to be gay the police still persecute homosexuals.

Beautiful Thing (1996) | Trailer of misleadingly dubious quality

A really sweet and funny coming of age film set in the suburbs of London.

Bent (1997) | Trailer

Based on the play of the same name about the persecution of homosexuals by the Nazis and life in the concentration camps. Also worth noting that this is probably the only film in which you will see both Mick Jagger and Jamie Lannister.

Caravaggio (1986) | The films of Derek Jarman | Trailer

One of the pioneers of gay cinema, and the man who brought Tilda Swinton into the limelight, the work of Derek Jarman is a showcase of eccentricity and creativity. I single out Caravaggio not for being his best film but it is probably one of his more accessible works, Nigel Terry and Sean Bean stars in the biopic (of sorts) about the Baroque painter.

Scorpio Rising (1964) | The films of Kenneth Anger | Trailer (for a compilation of his work)

Kenneth Anger is an experimental film-maker who is one of the first (if not the first) American directors to bring gay culture to the cinema. Why do I single out Scorpio Rising? Because yet again this is probably one of the more accessible works, it's about an army of gay Nazi bikers... Yes, most of Anger's work can only be described by the phrase "it is one of the most insane things I've ever seen" .

Pink Narcissus (1971) | Trailer (NSFW!)

I'm going to let the description from the BFI speak for itself:
Pink Narcissus is a breathtaking and outrageous erotic poem focussing on the daydreams of a beautiful boy prostitute who, from the seclusion of his ultra-kitsch apartment, conceives a series of interlinked narcissistic fantasies populated by matadors, dancing boys, slaves and leather-clad bikers. ... With its highly charged hallucinogenic quality, its atmosphere of lush decadence, and its explicit erotic power, Pink Narcissus is a landmark of gay cinema.

North Sea Texas (2011) | Trailer

The second coming of age film on this list, and this one is a stunner, combining some really amazing visuals with a delicate handling of the story.

Brotherhood (2009) | Trailer

David Dencik is one of the greatest working Swedish actors and he co-stars in this film about two Danish ex-servicemen who when they meet in a neo-nazi group start a relationship.

Happy Together (1997) | Trailer

Directed by the great Hong Kong auteur Wong Kar Wai, the film is about a turbulent relationship between two men.

Mysterious Skin (2004) | The films of Gregg Araki | Trailer

I have no idea how Gregg Araki made this film, most of his work is funny, immaterial films that play with gender norms and sexuality. This however is a fantastic piece of drama with a great central performance by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Bad Education (2004) | The films of Pedro Almodóvar | Trailer

Queerness is a central theme in a lot of the films by the Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar, the film I have singled out centres around two childhood friends and the sexual abuse that occurred during their religious schooling under the Franco regime.

Tomboy (2011) | Trailer

This is worth seeing just because of the stunning performance that Zoé Héran gives as a 10 year old transgender boy. Like seriously, the film is great and all but that performance is hauntingly good.

I might do a round-up of documentaries later.

North Sea Texas is alright, it bored me at first but then it picks up. I also recommend Jongens, it's almost in the same category as North Sea Texas. Very sweet film too.

No one mentioned J'ai tué ma mère ("I killed my Mother) yet. ��

I liked that movie except I was initially turned off by it because of the obnoxious characters in the opening 15 minutes or so. They both annoyed the shit out of me at first with their yelling/fighting over stuff that was completely dumb, lol. But then it moved on a bit and I got more into it.

This. There's a lot of yelling and pointless arguments that feels over the top. I was asking myself if teenagers this days really scream to their mothers like that? I wouldn't have a mouth if I spoke to my mom in that manner lol.

That's good to hear. Gotta be honest, I don't even know what Mantle is. I haven't kept up with anything related to video cards basically since building my computer.

Mantle is AMD's open source API. It's similar to DirectX, except Mantle allows for more low level access to the hardware which in turn allows for better optmization. It also reduces CPU overhead, so if you have a weak CPU, Mantle will be very helpful reducing the stress on it. This in turn means a gain in performance and framerate when you run a game in Mantle. DA Inquisition has Mantle. Not every game has Mantle in it but most AMD titles will support it. Another example of Mantle titles is Civilization Beyond Earth which gives certain AMD GPU's performance gains between 5%-10%.

Too worried about this interview ugggggh

Best of luck! Don't be nervous :)

Kater

Banned
Obnoxious? It's teenagers, 17-year olds. As for the mother, she is pretty natural in her acting as well. Reminds me of the mother of an acquaintance of mine who wanted to control everything he did and freaked out like the mother in the movie
when she learned that her son was gay

Caravaggio is way less strange than some of the other works of Jarman, but yeah it's odd at times.

I did recommend the films of Xavier Dolan, I just happen to like Laurence Anyways more than J'ai tué ma mère but they're both great films.
Oh, I'm talking about all the modern stuff in there like typewriters and motorcycles.

Didn't watch that one yet. I only watched the one movie of his but it made a huge impression on me.

This. There's a lot of yelling and pointless arguments that feels over the top. I was asking myself if teenagers this days really scream to their mothers like that? I wouldn't have a mouth if I spoke to my mom in that manner lol.
I acted like that sometimes towards my parents. I thought there was no point in speaking with them calmly, they just never seemed to understand me (and maybe they still don't). I think the acting in the movie is very natural, better than in other movies of the same genre.

Mantle is AMD's open source API. It's similar to DirectX, except Mantle allows for more low level access to the hardware which in turn allows for better optmization. It also reduces CPU overhead, so if you have a weak CPU, Mantle will be very helpful reducing the stress on it. This in turn means a gain in performance and framerate when you run a game in Mantle. DA Inquisition has Mantle. Not every game has Mantle in it but most AMD titles will support it. Another example of Mantle titles is Civilization Beyond Earth which gives certain AMD GPU's performance gains between 5%-10%.

Oh that's interesting. Is it something I need to download or is it built into the games themselves?

Obnoxious? It's teenagers, 17-year olds. As for the mother, she is pretty natural in her acting as well. Reminds me of the mother of an acquaintance of mine who wanted to control everything he did and freaked out like the mother in the movie

I acted like that sometimes towards my parents. I thought there was no point in speaking with them calmly, they just never seemed to understand me (and maybe they still don't). I think the acting in the movie is very natural, better than in other movies of the same genre.

I guess it was where/how I was raised, but I didn't really know any teenagers who acted like that around their parents. I don't think I've ever had a screaming match with my parents either even though I have wanted to when I was younger, lol. To be fair, I started to distance myself from my parents once I realized I was gay, so maybe that's why I never had any situations like that. I think the acting is fine in the movie, but I just got annoyed by all the yelling in the first 15 minutes - that's all.

Kevyt

Oh, I'm talking about all the modern stuff in there like typewriters and motorcycles.

Didn't watch that one yet. I only watched the one movie of his but it made a huge impression on me.

My mom wouldn't let me talk to her in that manner, or scream at her. Different parenting I suppose. No matter how much you can disagree that kind of screaming/yelling is unacceptable, imo... especially towards your own parents.

Oh that's interesting. Is it something I need to download or is it built into the games themselves?

I guess it was where/how I was raised, but I didn't really know any teenagers who acted like that around their parents. I don't think I've ever had a screaming match with my parents either even though I have wanted to when I was younger, lol. To be fair, I started to distance myself from my parents once I realized I was gay, so maybe that's why I never had any situations like that. I think the acting is fine in the movie, but I just got annoyed by all the yelling in the first 15 minutes - that's all.

Mantle is built into the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom