• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

I should probably try to balance between deviating from the path and sticking to it a bit more, personally.

Also, have you seen the pic I posted for your birthday? I post it again (or PM it to you if you want to). It's a cute dragon / birthday themed pic.
I did actually, it was awesome, thanks! I was going to make a post thanking everyone for the wishes this weekend, I just started my job so I don't have time quite yet to thank everyone like I want to. Lots of quoting that is hard to do on my phone.

DOWN

Banned
tumblr_m7nlv2nxCO1r348hr.gif

tumblr_inline_mx9jc75icj1rnvwt1.gif

Someone find me gifs of the men in the Super Bass video
NickiMingemen.jpg

Kevyt

nah, I dont' want ppl gouging their eyes out

More like you don't want a hobo lusting after you. That's okay, it's understandable. :p

----

The 50/50 challange begins for me. I'll start with I, Frankestein in Netflix followed by Free Birds. Tomorrow I'll go hunting for the books some of you guys recommended me. Even though I think I'll end up getting most of them through Amazon or Ebay.

Edit: Ooh.. Gargoyle guy :3

daripad

Today I finished reading my first book of the year and I'm still reading The Two Towers but I know once school begins again it will suck my time so much that I won't do anything else so I won't participate in the challenge. Though I'm already reading more avidly than last year so I think I'll end up reading a decent amount of books this year. And movies, well, I saw Exodus two days ago, I'll keep going to the movies once every two or three weeks if possible.

So uhm...is it normal for me and my Chicago guy to be talking marriage? Like he brought it up. Said I'd make a great husband. Said that gay marriage is legal there and I'd get a green card. I'm thinking this is all too good to be true.

Kater

Banned
Can't be worse than that beanie.

I kid. But that beanie didn't look good on you
I know, but it's better than showing some style of hair that's just all over the place like Doc Browns. That'd have looked even goofier than the cheap, black beanie if I shot a selfie without the beanie..

terrisus

So uhm...is it normal for me and my Chicago guy to be talking marriage? Like he brought it up. Said I'd make a great husband. Said that gay marriage is legal there and I'd get a green card. I'm thinking this is all too good to be true.

Told you :þ

He sounds very much like me.
Well, aside from being gay anyway >.>

Oh yeah, the other part to my above post would be that, if he is like me, where he's looking for something serious right away, if you're not/not ready for it/not prepared to make that commitment, he may just move on, everything if everything else seemed good.

So, as before - take that for what it's worth.

DOWN

Banned
I've been wondering where you were to get an update.

That's fast, but seems like a sign you feel really connected. I'd say give more time, but tell him if it feels good that he's willing to talk about it with you and whether you are thinking about the long term with him. Glad it's still working!

Kevyt

Time to settle down huh? ;)

Oh so you're straight, so is spaghetti until it gets hot! :p

Terrible joke I know, but I couldn't resist. >.>

How much time have you been spending together? I know it's pretty recent, and that isn't necessarily a problem, but I still think you need to see people in a lot of different circumstances and not just like a love-bubble that sort of exists as an island separate from all of the other stuff in life. I think the reason people usually don't talk marriage so soon is because usually the first phase of a relationship is the fun phase and it is kind of like you're living in a bubble, and getting to know someone that way is more serious and kind of like leaving the fun bubble. But it really depends on the people involved, there's no real form to these things.

I've been wondering where you were to get an update.

That's fast, but seems like a sign you feel really connected. I'd say give more time, but tell him if it feels good that he's willing to talk about it with you and whether you are thinking about the long term with him. Glad it's still working!

He basically said that we should do the long distance thing for 6 months, he's here once a month anyways for a week. He said that we should go away too, take a trip together, said something epic like Japan. Then sort out how we should do this and if theres a future.

How much time have you been spending together? I know it's pretty recent, and that isn't necessarily a problem, but I still think you need to see people in a lot of different circumstances and not just like a love-bubble that sort of exists as an island separate from all of the other stuff in life. I think the reason people usually don't talk marriage so soon is because usually the first phase of a relationship is the fun phase and it is kind of like you're living in a bubble, and getting to know someone that way is more serious is kind of like leaving the fun bubble. But it really depends on the people involved, there's no real form to these things.

Oh I'm not that naive here. He's also 46, and I'm 36 so it's not like neither of us are new to love and relationships. I'm going into very skeptical as per my nature to move cautiously and reserved as I fear being hurt. Sure I playfully play along but I'm not freaking jumping on a plane tomorow. I have a life here. But my god, a life together would be amazing.

DOWN

Banned
He basically said that we should do the long distance thing for 6 months, he's here once a month anyways for a week. He said that we should go away too, take a trip together, said something epic like Japan. Then sort out how we should do this and if theres a future.
Seems like a good plan. That gives you time to settle into a dynamic and see if it's right long term, and think about what everything is like once you two have been on the same page for a while. If you still need more time then, you can always say you're not ready but know you want more time to get closer like the 6 months gives.

And I think the suggestion above of doing things outside your bubble is good too, so the trip, maybe meeting the other's social circle, etc. are all good ideas to really know what you two are like together.

DOWN

Banned
I don't want to date someone who can cook because I hate cleaning dishes and I bet they'd expect that for cooking me food. And I like restaurants and take-out better than homemade stuff usually.

terrisus

I don't want to date someone who can cook because I hate cleaning dishes and I bet they'd expect that for cooking me food. And I like restaurants and take-out better than homemade stuff usually.

I wish we could do restaurants and take-out more often, but unfortunately, being thousands in debt tends to make that difficult.
Probably going to be filing for bankruptcy this year >.>

I don't mind doing dishes, honestly.
Especially not with one of these things:

KPAiWAB.jpg

So much easier than needing to fill up the sink and do a whole load at once, or putting soap on each dish by hand or something.

Achtius

is he the ceo guy? didn't you meet him like couple of weeks?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Why does this thread keep getting near the hot men thread?

Don't fly so close to the sun, kids.

Tell him to slow down, cowboy. You still have a lot of time before hearing wedding bells.

DOWN

Banned
I wish we could do restaurants and take-out more often, but unfortunately, being thousands in debt tends to make that difficult.
Probably going to be filing for bankruptcy this year >.>

I don't mind doing dishes, honestly.
Especially not with one of these things:

KPAiWAB.jpg

So much easier than needing to fill up the sink and do a whole load at once, or putting soap on each dish by hand or something.
I don't eat out all the time because I don't want to spend that much on it either and I'm too lazy to leave my room, so I usually make a healthy sandwich or microwave something semi-healthy. Basically I'm all about foods that take near-zero prep. No slicing, ovens, defrosting, or washing.

And I don't know what that device is.
Let's date
Let's date and lazily starve sometimes

Are they having a seizure?
It's white people dancing, so basically yes

Why does this thread keep getting near the hot men thread?

Don't fly so close to the sun, kids.
Can someone link me this thread so I know exactly where the sun is at?

Grab it now then!

If he's serious about things and you're just "playfully play[ing] along," that very well might drive him off if/when he finds that out.

Wrong words to choose.

is he the ceo guy? didn't you meet him like couple of weeks?

Yes he's the CEO dude. Yes a couple of weeks ago.

Tell him to slow down, cowboy. You still have a lot of time before hearing wedding bells.

Oh he knows Im cautious here. We're playing it by ear. Let's see how we feel at the end of the month for his next visit.

Went to Phoenix today and I saw a pretty big LGBT building, it had about six flags or something and there were also businesses that had the Gay pride flag hanging. It was pretty cool, I wasn't expecting to see that in Arizona.

I don't know exactly what it's called, but it's basically a dish soap sponge. You fill it with dish soap and wash, and it'll slowly dispense the soap as you wash.
Oh my god, I need that. I didnt know that I needed that before but now I need it.
Went to Phoenix today and I saw a pretty big LGBT building, it had about six flags or something and there were also businesses that had the Gay pride flag hanging. It was pretty cool, I wasn't expecting to see that in Arizona.
That is pretty cool. Arizona ain't all bad. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom