• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do protein powders "go bad"? I found two tubs that I forgot I had but they're pretty old. One is already open and I don't see any bugs in it. Eh, if there are bugs in it its just extra protein right?

I'm in the same boat. I lost a lot of weight since I started dieting, and I would like to bulk up but don't know how to go about it since I would have to eat a lot. My biggest fear is going back to where I was. Why don't you ask NutritionGaf?

eat lots of carbs bb.

Do protein powders "go bad"? I found two tubs that I forgot I had but they're pretty old. One is already open and I don't see any bugs in it. Eh, if there are bugs in it its just extra protein right?

could be wrong but its probably like vitamins where it doesn't go bad just lose it's potency over time.

if it's butterflies.

tumblr_na2hm7gXMs1tz0qlxo1_500.gif

Kevyt

Yep. It depends on the bugs though.

eat lots of carbs bb.

could be wrong but its probably like vitamins where it doesn't go bad just lose it's potency over time.

if it's butterflies.

tumblr_na2hm7gXMs1tz0qlxo1_500.gif

I heard you like them skinny.

DOWN

Banned

Are you committing identity theft or is this the old Cannon?
It's Cannon, username formerly CannonO!
Lol wat, no, stahp. I refuse to believe you're involuntarily single.
It's a scientific fact so it's true whether you believe or not *cries just a little*
big in the booty (y)

they could look like an upside turkey leg <3
Little in the middle but he got much back

How do you even forget you had tubs of protein? Dat shit be like alcohol to lifters.

Hold dat protein like alcohol, Hold dat protein like alcohol, Don't you drop dat protein, don't you drop dat protein.

Golnei

Iron Bull should've been a power bottom

As humans, we must use our infinite creative potential to right grievous faults such as these. Centuries of artistic endeavour have led to this very moment.

BTW, it's Men's Fashion Week...

wSyrXUg.gif

Darkstalkers 4 looks amazing.

Same. Congrats!

Interesting choice - do you have any particular preference as to what set of gods you'd rather have inside you?

5 is great too! To be honest I really went all out last year. Protein shakes three times a day, an obscene amount of calories, was doing an hour at the gym four to five days a week. I wanted to go as strict as possible just to see if I could do it, and apparently it does work.

I honestly don't recommend it though, because it's kind of miserable. Right now I'm going much easier and I don't feel like my body is overworked.

Even discounting the results, it's still really impressive that you managed to maintain that routine for an extended period. Though it's probably for the best that you've shifted to something more sustainable now, it'd be torturous keeping up something like that for years...

Here, have man

Diego Amaral
(Aden Taylor)
Godfrey Gao

tumblr_n63naj9m3Y1qfbh7io1_400.gif

DOWN

Banned
I started a pen pal friendship and realized after sending the first letter that I don't have the energy to be a pen pal person. #sorrypal #okayfriend #resolutiondead #2015

Mumei

I started a pen pal friendship and realized after sending the first letter that I don't have the energy to be a pen pal person. #sorrypal #okayfriend #resolutiondead #2015

I've thought about doing something like that, but the odds of my finding someone I'd hit it off with seem slim.

DOWN

Banned
My lie that I don't have Skype when I get asked on Omegle probably won't make it all the way through 2015. #wearingthin

Also I don't use Twitter but I might have hit my head last night and changed wildly because I don't have an iguana named Ralph Waldo Emerson but he sure was depressing.

Grizzo

You don't have to send letters every week (especially if nothing special happened since the last one)

I have a cool relationship with maxcriden, we chat regularly through PMs and we sent each other gifts for special occasions like Christmas and birthdays :)

A friend from overseas is actually the best thing GAF has brought me. That, and this wonderful LGBTQIA community!

How do you even forget you had tubs of protein? Dat shit be like alcohol to lifters.

Hold dat protein like alcohol, Hold dat protein like alcohol, Don't you drop dat protein, don't you drop dat protein.

I moved and had all kinds of stuff in my closet I forgot I had. It was like Christmas morning all over again.

I'll be your pen pal.

Dear Pantheon aka CannonO aka Cannon,

I had a tuna melt for lunch today. It was good. Well, it looks like I'm running out of room here so I better go. Bye.

Sincerely,

E.G.

My lie that I don't have Skype when I get asked on Omegle probably won't make it all the way through 2015. #wearingthin

Also I don't use Twitter but I might have hit my head last night and changed wildly because I don't have an iguana named Ralph Waldo Emerson but he sure was depressing.

You're a gem. lol

Kevyt

You must get hit a lot by the ladies and the guys on omegle.

maxcriden

You don't have to send letters every week (especially if nothing special happened since the last one)

I have a cool relationship with maxcriden, we chat regularly through PMs and we sent each other gifts for special occasions like Christmas and birthdays :)

A friend from overseas is actually the best thing GAF has brought me. That, and this wonderful LGBTQIA community!

Right back at you, Grizzo :D

Where's that Nabbit + Grizzo image when we need it!

@Masquerader: that's 5 pounds more than I have gained in the last 10 years! :p

5 is great too! To be honest I really went all out last year. Protein shakes three times a day, an obscene amount of calories, was doing an hour at the gym four to five days a week. I wanted to go as strict as possible just to see if I could do it, and apparently it does work.

I honestly don't recommend it though, because it's kind of miserable. Right now I'm going much easier and I don't feel like my body is overworked.

Eh, it's alright, I suppose. Progress is slow, but I haven't the money to speed it up with lots of protein and stuff. Still, I guess I'm better in weight than I was. Lost some fat as well. And it's an ongoing journey.

Although that said, I had an obscene amount of calories myself, as per usual, so... :p

Kevyt

Eh, it's alright, I suppose. Progress is slow, but I haven't the money to speed it up with lots of protein and stuff. Still, I guess I'm better in weight than I was. Lost some fat as well. And it's an ongoing journey.

Although that said, I had an obscene amount of calories myself, as per usual, so... :p

Are you trying to lose weight or bulk up?

Kevyt

That prison pen pal article is great. Reminds me so much of my work.
Also kind of (very kind of) reminds me of an English course here in São Paulo that has their students talk via Skype to elderly people in a retirement home in Illinois to practise their English communication skills.
That commercial made me cry

That's lovely. Though it's sad seeing the elderly in retirement homes.

The latter. Which, due to my metabolism, is rather difficult.

You'll need lots of protein. What do you eat in a regular basis?

Kevyt

Uhm... Lots. Not too much of anything in particular. Just a lot of different foods. Except for lots of sweeties. I also drink a fair amount of milk and eat steak frequently. No fizzy drinks.

NutritionGaf and FitGaf will be very helpful, you should check them out.

Kater

Banned
Marge, Patty and Selma's great-aunt dies. In her will, she tells Patty and Selma that dying alone is no fun and they better hurry up and find somebody and start a family. Selma gets all anxious about that and tries to date people (to no avail), and in the end she finally realizes that she doesn't need to have children to be happy, because she has her sister and her great-aunt's iguana (whom she finally adopts at the end of the episode). Started out pessimistic and got all hopeful by the end :)

(PS: Are you actually Gato?

What's going on this thread? Why did everybody change their username? It's so confusing :/)
Aw, now I remember some more scenes from that episode. I think I should really watch the earlier Seasons again someday, there were some really sweet ones.

Thank you for the summary! You mentioned once that you are a big fan of the series, do you still watch it and if so, do you think it still has that quality, and most of all the uniquity in terms of humour and drama?

Also yes, I am Gato. Well, I was. He's dead and I buried him in my garden.

There's only me
n
ow, Kater.

Kevyt

Aw, now I remember some more scenes from that episode. I think I should really watch the earlier Seasons again someday, there were some really sweet ones.

Thank you for the summary! You mentioned once that you are a big fan of the series, do you still watch it and if so, do you think it still has that quality, and most of all the uniquity in terms of humour and drama?

Also yes, I am Gato. Well, I was. He's dead and I buried him in my garden.

There's only me
n
ow, Kater.

Impostor!

This is an interesting video that popped up on my Facebook feed, where two (straight) male radio hosts engage in mild PDA - holding hands - to learn what gay couples can experience.

If someone thinks the video is worth a topic, feel free. I'm feeling too lazy to do it.

You could try a prison pen pal program.

See at first I was laughing at the notion of a prison pen pal, but this is exactly the sort of kinda uncomfortable and WTF thing that'd add some zest to everyday mundane-ness. You'd be bound to at least get one cool story to tell others over drinks. (And most probably make unlikely friendships where most wouldn't bother looking.)

You sounds so good! :)

Thank you :D

Oh man imagine if boners really did do this. Dancefloors in gayclubs would look even more festive & glamorous.

Kater

Banned
I forgot to ask you, why'd you pick Kater?
Because it's what I usually have after a night of drinking, a Kater (hangover), plus cats are really cool creatures..

Wouldn't that be katze?
That's the female cat, "(Die) Katze".

"(Der) Kater" is the male cat, also called a tomcat (British English, if I remember that correctly).

Hmmmm... I don't know, Gato said something about Der Kater meaning "El Gato", his previous name. I might be wrong though. Maybe he can shed some light.
Yep, I mentioned it once before when someone in here asked that.

Kevyt

Because it's what I usually have after a night of drinking, a Kater (hangover), plus cats are really cool creatures..

That's the female cat, "(Die) Katze".

"(Der) Kater" is the male cat, also called a tomcat (British English, if I remember that correctly).

Yep, I mentioned it once before when someone in here asked that.

Hmmm... so we were both right. :)

I have a Die Katze and a Der Kater at home. I'm afraid that when my Kater is old enough, he's gonna want to make babies with meine Katze.

mantidor

This is an interesting video that popped up on my Facebook feed, where two (straight) male radio hosts engage in mild PDA - holding hands - to learn what gay couples can experience.

If someone thinks the video is worth a topic, feel free. I'm feeling too lazy to do it.

Oh this is the kínd of stuff that baffles me about Rio. PDAs are extremely common, but are rather sectorized. It's impossible to walk around Ipanema beach without catching a gay couple holding hands (or hell even waist), but you move up north where income starts to reduce and things suddenly change and the few gay couples start getting stares, it's like being gay is for the rich or something heh I still don't get it. Other places like Lapa (kind of like the party district) are seriously free for all, and then there's carnaval... The whole thing is insane.

It's much better overall than any city I know of or heard of to be honest (I admit I don't know that many), but it is still very homophobic and hate crimes happen regularly...

Ty4on

???

*reads*

I still don't understand, but Super Bass reminded me, I tried to gif the video, but I didn't find many particularly gif worthy sections (they were so short). The colors and my poor skills also meant it had banding everywhere, but it looks ok in black and white. Any specific sections you liked?
I'm finally on a computer with software to make gifs BTW.

I have a Die Katze and a Der Kater at home.
My internal grammar gator just exploded...

Der and die aren't capitalized and mean the same as 'the' :p

Bladenic

You could try a prison pen pal program.

One thing that drives crazy that the video had someone say: "I don't like it in my face"

Yeah cuz I love seeing straight couples hold hands, make out, cuddle, and who knows what else anywhere and everywhere. And there's nothing "in your face" about holding hands. Look the other fucking way, eh mate?

Ty4on

Oh, you speak/understand German?

I learned it in school, but only know some grammar and basic phrases. The most correct phrase I know is "Ich bin ein Ausländer und spreche nicht gut Deutsch" :p
I remember those article charts though. Das Auto, ich fahre mit dem Auto. Hard to keep track of dative case when I don't use it :p

I'm trying to learn some German and Dutch because they're so similar to my mother tongue and English it makes no sense not to know them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom