• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell. But sometimes it's worth asking, noticed I said sometimes.

Well, you were right!

I was chatting to somebody named Cathal on Tinder for awhile (just friendly stuff, no flirting or anything) and out of the blue he asked me "You know my friend Cormac [the guy I'm interested in] really well, don't you? He's coming up on Wednesday I think, you should head out with him ^_^", which I was surprised with as I didn't realise he knew Cormac, and also because it appeared as if he was trying to set us up (Cormac obviously had mentioned me to him because I hadn't suggested anything about knowing Cormac up to that point, or being interested in him). After asking Cormac to go out tonight yesterday, Cathal mentioned that he's "really excited about going out", and today Cormac asked me out on a date to see "Into the Woods" with him in an hour, so I guess he is indeed interested in me too (unless I'm reading everything terribly which I don't think so), and I didn't have to ask either of them!

So in short, it has all worked out well, going to the cinema with him at 5pm, and heading out to a nightclub tonight!

Odinson

Cheer up :]

Have a doge:
cRndvtG.gif

I have a Shiba named Suki. Not after the true blood character, but it means love in Japanese. Figured it was fitting as that's were the breed is from.

I want a Cheetah as a pet.
tumblr_myqmfsiAuf1t1cqhdo1_1280.jpg

Got teary-eyed when they couldn't say it...That was heart warming.

Kevyt

Well, you were right!

I was chatting to somebody named Cathal on Tinder for awhile (just friendly stuff, no flirting or anything) and out of the blue he asked me "You know my friend Cormac [the guy I'm interested in] really well, don't you? He's coming up on Wednesday I think, you should head out with him ^_^", which I was surprised with as I didn't realise he knew Cormac, and also because it appeared as if he was trying to set us up (Cormac obviously had mentioned me to him because I hadn't suggested anything about knowing Cormac up to that point, or being interested in him). After asking Cormac to go out tonight yesterday, Cathal mentioned that he's "really excited about going out", and today Cormac asked me out on a date to see "Into the Woods" with him in an hour, so I guess he is indeed interested in me too (unless I'm reading everything terribly which I don't think so), and I didn't have to ask either of them!

So in short, it has all worked out well, going to the cinema with him at 5pm, and heading out to a nightclub tonight!

That's awesome! I hope everything goes well. Well, what can I say, congratulations! Are you going to the nightclub with him too?

Keep us updated! :)

I have a Shiba named Suki. Not after the true blood character, but it means love in Japanese. Figured it was fitting as that's were the breed is from.

tumblr_myqmfsiAuf1t1cqhdo1_1280.jpg

Got teary-eyed when they couldn't say it...That was heart warming.

That's actually very sad, Cheetahs should not be on a leash. I take back what I said.

That's awesome! I hope everything goes well. Well, what can I say, congratulations! Are you going to the nightclub with him too?

That's actually very sad, Cheetahs should not be on a leash. I take back what I said.

We all see whats around her shoulders? Poor cheetah is next.

Odinson

Yep.

And dead creatures should not be worn around someones neck as a sign of wealth or dominance. It's disgusting.

That picture is of Phyllis Gordon. She was an actress in the 1900's. In that era exotic pets were used a symbol of wealth and power. The regulations for keeping such pets was very loose back then. Here's an article on some other exotic pets that famous people kept back then. http://www.messynessychic.com/2012/04/19/when-wild-pets-were-the-accessory-du-jour/

It still happens in other countries today. Again as a sign of wealth and power, because it is illegal and hard to obtain. Very sad....
cheetah-e1373782307191.jpg

Kevyt

I hope not Seth Rogen...

What's wrong with Seth Rogen?

That picture is of Phyllis Gordon. She was an actress in the 1900's. In that era exotic pets were used a symbol of wealth and power. The regulations for keeping such pets was very loose back then. Here's an article on some other exotic pets that famous people kept back then. http://www.messynessychic.com/2012/04/19/when-wild-pets-were-the-accessory-du-jour/

It still happens in other countries today. Again as a sign of wealth and power, because it is illegal and hard to obtain. Very sad....

I was just about to ask that. Rich Mexican drug lords are also famous for having exotic animals as pets. Very sad indeed.

I'm texting with this guy who my coworker's been trying to set up with me for the past 6 months. He initiates text conversations almost all the time, but he doesn't seem to respond to any flirting from my end. I thought maybe he wasn't really interested in a romantic sense, but I bit the bullet and asked him out on a dinner date last week, and he said yes. The dinner was enjoyable, we had some chemistry but again, kind of void of any flirty affectation or sexual tension. After that I thought "okay he's not into me," but then he texts me a little after. Soooo I don't know with this one. I told him he was cute and all he says is "thanks!" but again, he's always the one texting first..

Maybe this is a much more straightforward case than I'm making it seem. He probably just moves really slow. Orrr he feels pressure from my coworker to at least put some effort in. Or he's just looking for more gay friends. Orrrr he thinks he's giving 100% but he actually isn't. Halp

Kater

Banned
That picture is of Phyllis Gordon. She was an actress in the 1900's. In that era exotic pets were used a symbol of wealth and power. The regulations for keeping such pets was very loose back then. Here's an article on some other exotic pets that famous people kept back then. http://www.messynessychic.com/2012/0...ssory-du-jour/

I think it's also legal in Russia to keep wild creatures in your house. It's really not the ideal place for them to live and it makes me sad, yeah.

Thanks for the article, I will check it out shortly.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm texting with this guy who my coworker's been trying to set up with me for the past 6 months. He initiates text conversations almost all the time, but he doesn't seem to respond to any flirting from my end. I thought maybe he wasn't really interested in a romantic sense, but I bit the bullet and asked him out on a dinner date last week, and he said yes. The dinner was enjoyable, we had some chemistry but again, kind of void of any flirty affectation or sexual tension. After that I thought "okay he's not into me," but then he texts me a little after. Soooo I don't know with this one. I told him he was cute and all he says is "thanks!" but again, he's always the one texting first..

Maybe this is a much more straightforward case than I'm making it seem. He probably just moves really slow. Orrr he feels pressure from my coworker to at least put some effort in. Or he's just looking for more gay friends. Orrrr he thinks he's giving 100% but he actually isn't. Halp

Send a dick pic and wait for response. JK.

Do you think he's a little awkward? It might be that :v

Vazduh

Why not ask him directly? Ask him out again, maybe not for dinner but something less formal, and then talk to him, get him to open up. Usually I wouldn't say this, but you don't strike me as someone who'd be too shy to ask people something, unless you're embarrassed of that guy saying something to your co-worker.

Kevyt

A walk in the park while talking and reflecting on thoughts, feelings, etc... get him to talk more as Vazduh said;

Why not ask him directly? Ask him out again, maybe not for dinner but something less formal, and then talk to him, get him to open up. Usually I wouldn't say this, but you don't strike me as someone who'd be too shy to ask people something, unless you're embarrassed of that guy saying something to your co-worker.

-------

I don't see either actor in me lately.

Peep my Instagram if you're curious.

I don't see Seth Rogen or the other guy in you either. Uncharted fan? Smart man! ;)

Do you know if he's been in a relationship or has any experience before, maybe he's the type of person that needs an extra push. Also like you said he might be feeling pressure from your coworker, but i think its something else than just that. how forward are you being with him that he's not getting the flirtatious moments or not giving them back to you as much if at all?
I don't see either actor in me lately.

Peep my Instagram if you're curious.

You look better than who people are telling what you look like. Also the food on your instagram looks sooo good lol

Send a dick pic and wait for response. JK.

The great equalizer. lol

Do you think he's a little awkward? It might be that :v

Not so much awkward, but he does seem removed from the typical gay scene, which means that he might operate differently from the norm as far as pacing and such. He doesn't strike me as shy either which is why it throws me off. He's a fitness buff and he both goes to school and works so he's always busy, and he talks endlessly about how he hates having free time (lol), so from that I already gather that we probably wouldn't be too compatible. :p

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, like a casual hangout thing. I typically wouldn't be shy about it but I guess there are extra pressures/sensitivities since we both have a mutual friend that we see almost every day (he's a yoga instructor so he sees her like 4 times a week). I'll probably invite him over for wine and a movie and if I get the vibe that he's feeling my oats, then I'll make a move and see what happens. :p

Do you know if he's been in a relationship or has any experience before, maybe he's the type of person that needs an extra push. Also like you said he might be feeling pressure from your coworker, but i think its something else than just that. how forward are you being with him that he's not getting the flirtatious moments or not giving them back to you as much if at all?

I have no idea what his history is, but he does seem like the conservative type. As far as my forwardness, it's nothing too confrontational, but it's just enough spice I feel. When I asked him out I said "well, I think you're really cute, and I think I should take you out for dinner or something when you free up," and he says "thanks!! I'll be free Tuesday and Friday." Other times if I compliment him he'll respond with a dodgy emoji like ";)" or ":p" and not reciprocate. So it's like he avoids engaging with the compliments but he still wants to see me. Hence the confusion. It makes me not really want to try again unless he gives me some kind of confirmation that he feels somewhat similarly.

Kevyt

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, like a casual hangout thing. I typically wouldn't be shy about it but I guess there are extra pressures/sensitivities since we both have a mutual friend that we see almost every day (he's a yoga instructor so he sees her like 4 times a week). I'll probably invite him over for wine and a movie and if I get the vibe that he's feeling my oats, then I'll make a move and see what happens. :p

A Yoga instructor? Oh myy...

Go for it!! :3

Into the Woods is pretty good. I had never seen the musical before so I can't compare the movie to the theatre production, but I found it quite enjoyable overall, even if the second act isn't as strong as the first.

Yeah we're going together in about an hour and a half (half nine), which is early but it's the last night the club (a gay club) is open and they're running two free bars at eleven and twelve for five minutes each time so presumably it'll be fairly hectic, meeting up with a group of friends throughout the night inside.

RM8

Speaking of yoga instructors, Spanish speaking GAF will find this funny :p

http://youtu.be/53atQ9Qaato

Guy said "ano" (anus) instead of "ánimo" (mood). It's funny in context, I swear!

This guy is such blatant housewife bait with his shirtless yoga lessons on morning TV, lol.

red13th

There's this Brazilian former model/former reality show contestant who's currently a yoga instructor, Jonas Sulzbach

a very popular leaked video of him jerking off does exist btw

My instructor says all the people from his Yoga training group are juicing, a friend of his was invited to join but only if he started using PEDs. They practise in São Paulo's largest park, a while ago, before I knew of them, I was walking around there, showing the place to a friend from another state and passed by a group of five shirtless ripped hot dudes stretching. It was amazing. Only later I came to know who they were.

There's this Brazilian former model/former reality show contestant who's currently a yoga instructor, Jonas Sulzbach

a very popular leaked video of him jerking off does exist btw

My instructor says all the people from his Yoga training group are juicing, a friend of his was invited to join but only if he started using PEDs. They practise in São Paulo's largest park, a while ago, before I knew of them, I was walking around there, showing the place to a friend from another state and passed by a group of five shirtless ripped hot dudes stretching. It was amazing. Only later I came to know who they were.
Gorgeous!

I'm so sad that mitos is closing. ;_; It was one of the best tumblrs around.

BOLD?

[ul]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfBr5l4S63Q[/url]

BOLD!

(I love how as the show progressed in years, Dr Forrester got a little bit sassier and sassier as time went on..)

(I'm doing pot pie tonight. Tonight is Night #4 of HylianTom living the bachelor life while HylianGreg is at his mother's.. *sigh*)

Im watching Manhunt in Space now!

Huh, just googled it and I make that all the time just with cumin and rice or something similar instead of bread.
Minced meat will be the death of me...

Hmm might pick this up then. Thank you.

Its easy and fast. Just how i like my dinner and my men. Brown some beef and stir. Compliments to the chef!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom