• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just having a moment there but im better now

i love doges
03ZZvbQ.gif

You show 'em.

B-Dex

Don't get me wrong. Were like best friends. But I've been single for sooooo long now. I need to meet a guy I can get along with just as well.

Being alone sucks. 😞

Don't get me wrong. Were like best friends. But I've been single for sooooo long now. I need to meet a guy I can get along with just as well.

Being alone sucks. 😞

Preach it brother, Ive been alone for almost 5 years. Now I just started the online dating thing, I'll see were it goes.

DOWN

Banned
My pack of 5 all black German Shephards or Labs will be named

Hudson
Benedict
Townsend
Van Buren
Carlisle

The first three replacements to keep it as a pack of 5 will be

Jesus
Lola
Corinthia

I decided to give them WASP-y names because the only way I'll ever buy those dogs is if I've already bought a place in the Hamptons for them to run around. Big dreams gangsta

Gays, I could really use some advice.

You might remember a little at the beginning of December I met a friend offline for the first time and realized I had feelings for him. A week or two later while chatting with him, he made a remark that made me feel completely worthless, without realizing he'd done it. It hit one of my most vulnerable places, and before long, I was in a bad spiral downward as I took it to heart and started thinking about the past through that kind of lens, which only made ot worse.

I withdrew from him and we would go days without talking, because I didn't know what to say to him. He knew something was wrong and expressed concern, but I didn't want to get into a big discussion when he had tight deadlines to meet and projects to wrap up (I have a bad habit of putting the needs of people I care about before my own way too much.) So I suffered through one of the worst dark periods I've had in years as it became harder and harder to stay positive, and I fought off the kind of thoughts I hadn't faced since my teenage years.

Enough time has passed that, when he reached out recently, I was able to start talking a little bit to him again. Not much, but it's a start, and I think our friendship can recover.

But my question is this: after enough time has passed, is it worth trying to talk to him about what he said and how much it hurt me? Or should I, as I've been doing, just let it go and try to work past it? It feels stupid to ask for this kind of advice, but it's one of the only times I've hit a rough patch like this with a friend.

On the positive side, whatever feelings I had for him were successfully crushed back down to friendship! So there's that, anyways, and it does feel nice to not be pining after him anymore.

Edit: And I should add I'm not in that dark place any more thanks to friends, GayGAF, and my GAF penpal (who can out himself if he wants, ha) who helped bring me enough positivity to keep going. So thanks y'all.

I want a labradoodle or a corgi, or a corbradoodle
Good choices. I would love either a corgi or samoyed
or maybe a wolf hybrid because omg.
Too adorable! Damn I want a dog. Maybe when I get an apartment.

Being alone sucks. 😞
Yeah it does. And the funny thing is I don't really want a relationship just to get sex, I really want some companionship. Having someone to share life with, be romantic with, be goofy and dumb with, and share my geeky interests and hobbies with. I need a gay version of one of my best friends.

Maybe one day, once I've gotten my shit together.

You know what I'm talking about. :p
Do I? :3 I don't know, I mean, you clearly said they were baking a cake. What else could that mean?

So god damn adorable. I wouldn't mind having a dire wolf.

That almost looks like a Groenendael.

belgian_groenendael.jpg

Cutest breed besides real wolves and the Husky.
Ahem, if I may remind you about Samoyeds:
Samoyed-3.jpg

But my question is this: after enough time has passed, is it worth trying to talk to him about what he said and how much it hurt me? Or should I, as I've been doing, just let it go and try to work past it? It feels stupid to ask for this kind of advice, but it's one of the only times I've hit a rough patch like this with a friend.

The key to any relationship is communication. If he doesn't know why you got upset he is likely to do it again. And part of being a friend is being able to speak plainly with them. Just say "Hey, this is why I was so withdrawn lately. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it but it had an effect on me."

Just be open with him. He reached out to you already so he obviously is invested in the friendship. I guarantee you if you speak to him about it you'll have strengthened your friendship.

Kater

Banned
Gays, I could really use some advice.

You might remember a little at the beginning of December I met a friend offline for the first time and realized I had feelings for him. A week or two later while chatting with him, he made a remark that made me feel completely worthless, without realizing he'd done it. It hit one of my most vulnerable places, and before long, I was in a bad spiral downward as I took it to heart and started thinking about the past through that kind of lens, which only made ot worse.

I withdrew from him and we would go days without talking, because I didn't know what to say to him. He knew something was wrong and expressed concern, but I didn't want to get into a big discussion when he had tight deadlines to meet and projects to wrap up (I have a bad habit of putting the needs of people I care about before my own way too much.) So I suffered through one of the worst dark periods I've had in years as it became harder and harder to stay positive, and I fought off the kind of thoughts I hadn't faced since my teenage years.

Enough time has passed that, when he reached out recently, I was able to start talking a little bit to him again. Not much, but it's a start, and I think our friendship can recover.

On the positive side, whatever feelings I had for him were successfully crushed back down to friendship! So there's that, anyways, and it does feel nice to not be pining after him anymore.
Bring it up, it will only remain at the back of your head if you don't and you will feel always a bit weird around him with that thought at the back of your head.

Edit: And I should add I'm not in that dark place any more thanks to friends, GayGAF, and my GAF penpal (who can out himself if he wants, ha) who helped bring me enough positivity to keep going. So thanks y'all.
Glad I could be of some help, ab. :3

Do I? :3 I don't know, I mean, you clearly said they were baking a cake. What else could that mean?
They were putting cakes in the oven and baking them, alright.
Ahem, if I may remind you about Samoyeds:
Samoyed-3.jpg
Aw, those are just way too cute. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom