• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Gato. Gato gato gato. Whatever am I going to do with you?

i saw the full image that your avatar is from

its like 3 inches maxxx
Its still in its sheath. >.>

---

My mum called me just today and told me about some changes to adoption rights of homosexual couples here in Austria.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...ts-adoption-restrictions-gay-couples-28224501

Austria's Constitutional Court has ruled that gay couples have the same right as heterosexuals to adopt children.

Before the decision Wednesday, gay partners could adopt a child only if one of them was the child's biological parent.

Explaining the decision, chief judge Gerhart Holzinger says there is "no objective argument for a differing rule based solely on sexual orientation" of the parents.

He says the adoption restriction contravened anti-discrimination statutes of the European Human Rights Convention.

Gays still cannot marry in Austria, although couples formally registered as living together enjoy many of the rights that married heterosexual couples do.

Progress!
attachment.php

Edit:

Some dancing from Yanis Marshall and Co in Celebration of the progress we are making:

yanis1.gif

4aff7849tw1eeurslnf04g20b4069e85.gif

Ahasverus

Guys, I have a problem. It might be a little NSFW so I'll spoil it.

I took Ahasverus's advice and now I'm trying to get intimade with friend without being in a relationship, as we're having a trip with some friends and we're sleeping on the same bed. Well, it turned out positive and try to cuddle with him but every time I hug him or try to do anything, I get super shaky, as if I'm a vibrator. It happened yesterday and it has happened today too and I'm worried about what it might be. Is it anxiety? I really vibrate so much that it bothers him and me both and is very annoying. Do you have any advice? We're going to be completely alone in two days and we'll have more freedom to do more but I want to solve my shakiness. I feel like a Chihuahua dog. A friend came into the room so we stopped but I'm still shaking. I don't know what's going on with me, is just cuddling.
It's normal, it's part of the thrill ! If it's getting too strong just do what you should do with everything that would be a roadblock: joke about it. Don't ignore "awkward" things because they are, well, awkward, if they happen just joke and show your confidnce in acknowledging the situation, meaning you're under control of it.

Kevyt

Anyone following the latest gay thread?

Hmmm? Which one?

It's normal, it's part of the thrill ! If it's getting too strong just do what you should do with everything that would be a roadblock: joke about it. Don't ignore "awkward" things because they are, well, awkward, if they happen just joke and show your confidnce in acknowledging the situation, meaning you're under control of it.

Hey, how did the carnaval del diablo go? Did you hook up with someone?

Caladrius

gamers are persecuted?

I think Vash just means people that get looked down upon for their hobbies as opposed to full-on persecution.

Though the fact that it isn't actually persecution is exactly what explains why they aren't empathetic about the issues minorities face. There's a firm difference between being mocked (which still isn't right, mind you) and the real risk of your safety and livelihood being under threat, and I think at least some of these people don't understand the distinction.

7threst

Stats:

I'm a gay dude.
I'm 19.
I live for music. My one true love is my record player.
I've calmed down on video games since getting a full time job, but I still play nintendo games now and then. Mainly with friends.

Record player as in vinyl? Cool cool! The world needs more vinyl enthusiasts! :)

Rayis

I'm living for that gay thread in OT because I see it as an opportunity to educate people, the heated arguments are just a cherry on top to make it more interesting.

Bladenic

That thread in OT makes me sad.

We live in the best time in history to be gay, no doubt. Especially in America and some European countries. Obviously there are decades of work to be done in the rest of the world. Hell, it may never be great or even good to be gay in some countries. But at least there are options for a better life in the world that previously didnt exist.

However, even so, stuff like what's mentioned in the thread will probably exist forever. I've accepted that I'm gay. But I still have a level of discomfort when I go on a date. Right now, I would never ever feel comfortable holding hands in a public place. The thought of kissing in public would make me sick to my stomach probably. There's nothing I want more than to be able to do normal things that straight couples do, but I have that innate fear of someone sneering, making an offensive remark, or even getting violent.

Make this makes me self-loathing or scared or I should just say "fuck what others think" but it's hard. Sorry for the rant but that thread made me think about this stuff, I usually try not to.

Kevyt

I'm living for that gay thread in OT because I see it as an opportunity to educate people, the heated arguments are just a cherry on top to make it more interesting.

You're spot on as always! I love reading your posts. :3

I wish I had the patience to do that.

Rayis

You're spot on as always! I love reading your posts. :3

I wish I had the patience to do that.

D'aww, thanks for your sweet thoughts~ <33333

I love discussing gender and sexuality, those are some of my favorite topics to discuss, I find them really engaging.

Kevyt

D'aww, thanks for your sweet thoughts~ <33333

I love discussing gender and sexuality, those are some of my favorite topics to discuss, I find them really engaging.

Me too! But I'm unable to engage with someone who equates a sexual orientation to pedophilia or drug abuse. It brings the worst of me... so I refrain from participating in those kind of conversations. I admire people who keep calm and educate in spite of those terrible things they spill out of their mouths.

Edit: and it's not like "oh they don't agree with me, so they're dumb" no, it's more like trying to explain to someone that the earth is round, but that particular someone still believes so dearly that the earth is flat regardless of what you tell them. Sexuality being a very complex (sometimes) topic, it's much more difficult to jabe intelligent discussions with myopic individuals, hence it makes me lose my patience and I just lose it... ;_; like I have in real life many times, lol.

Kater

Banned
It's 2:30 and nobody's shown up yet. :(
Party was supposed to start at 2.
Sitting here all by my lonesome.
Aw, that sucks. Don't give up hope, but if really nobody shows up say to those that were invited and didn't show up that you are disappointed that they didn't come by.

Aw, that sucks. Don't give up hope, but if really nobody shows up say to those that were invited and didn't show up that you are disappointed that they didn't come by.
Yeah....
Worst part is is that its in a fun go Karting/arcade place and I see people having fun all around me. :(

jono95

Oh, hi.

( &#865;° &#860;&#662;&#65279; &#865;°)

Records. <3 My latest coming in the mail...

Hi!
Beautiful. I love translucent records.
That's Michna's latest, yeah?

Oh yes?! Prove it, name one song!!
Thought so :p

I... I can't do it. You're right.

What records you got?

Here's a photo of just over half of my records - there are some in my home state that I still have to go and get. I'm pretty much just starting out collecting though, I've still got a bit to go til I'm happy!

Record player as in vinyl? Cool cool! The world needs more vinyl enthusiasts! :)

It does indeed!

( &#865;° &#860;&#662;&#65279; &#865;°)

hello new friend

Hello! So many new friends, so little time.

Kevyt

Hi!
Beautiful. I love translucent records.
That's Michna's latest, yeah?

I... I can't do it. You're right.

Here's a photo of just over half of my records - there are some in my home state that I still have to go and get. I'm pretty much just starting out collecting though, I've still got a bit to go til I'm happy!

It does indeed!

Hello! So many new friends, so little time.

Hello friend!

Ty4on

Hi! I have like eight :(

I should start looking though and maybe get some online. I've looked mostly at random used stores and the stuff there rarely interests me. I did find 'Never Gonna Give You Up' as a single though :p

Achtius

Yeah, not really. :( Mostly just families and kids.

Thanks for the sentiment. <3

Yeah on my way home now. It's alright. Just wish people had let me know they weren't coming.

Wait what. They ditch you on your party and never even bother to call?
Did you call them to ask where they were?

I knew when I first saw that thread that I should of stayed out of it but I still wasted my time in there anyway. Some of the arguments and comparisons being thrown around in there are absolutely disgusting.

And the fact that some mods have posted in there and yet none of the outrageously insulting posts have been dealt with is really, really sad. I'm not saying start banning people, but how about "Hey guys, maybe don't compare gay people to drug abuse, adultery, polygamy, pedophilia, etc. And maybe don't express how much you find it gross to see gay people expressing signs of affection in public which would be totally permissible to you if it was a straight couple."

That topic is a sad reminder that even though GAF is generally a great place for gay people, that garbage like that is still allowed to go on without taking into regard how it affects a portion of the userbase.

Bleh. :/

Vitanimus

if we're talking about records and shit

can anyone recommend a good setup for a record player and stuff, like I'm fairly clueless except not to buy the shitty <£100 turntables

I don't care too much about price within reason but don't really know enough to have a full blown commitment

&#128587;

Vashetti

Banned
I knew when I first saw that thread that I should of stayed out of it but I still wasted my time in there anyway. Some of the arguments and comparisons being thrown around in there are absolutely disgusting.

And the fact that some mods have posted in there and yet none of the outrageously insulting posts have been dealt with is really, really sad. I'm not saying start banning people, but how about "Hey guys, maybe don't compare gay people to drug abuse, adultery, polygamy, pedophilia, etc. And maybe don't express how much you find it gross to see gay people expressing signs of affection in public which would be totally permissible to you if it was a straight couple."

That topic is a sad reminder that even though GAF is generally a great place for gay people, that garbage like that is still allowed to go on without taking into regard how it affects a portion of the userbase.

giphy.gif

HylianTom

Banned

Cringe cringe cringe. Wow.

jono95

Hello friend!

Hello!!

Hi! I have like eight :(

I should start looking though and maybe get some online. I've looked mostly at random used stores and the stuff there rarely interests me. I did find 'Never Gonna Give You Up' as a single though :p

Yeah I usually buy online (there are a lot of good ebay stores, or you should try discogs) or at my local record store.
They are a lot more expensive when they're new but it's worth it if you have a decent set up. :)

if we're talking about records and shit

can anyone recommend a good setup for a record player and stuff, like I'm fairly clueless except not to buy the shitty <£100 turntables

I don't care too much about price within reason but don't really know enough to have a full blown commitment

&#128587;

I'd go with something by pro-ject.
I've got the genie 1.3 which I got for about 500, but you can grab their 'essential' for around 300 which is still pretty good. They've got a budget range 'elemental' for around 200, but I've never heard one.

Of course if you don't have good speakers then it doesn't really matter.

Best bet would be to go to your local A/V store and speak with someone who knows their shit, because they'll be able to calibrate your player as well which can be a bitch to do yourself especially if you never have before.

P.S. Fucking awesome avi. I'm seeing her live 3 times in the next 2 weeks. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom