• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Cheetahs!!

Sorry, I know I'm off topic here but I love cheetahs and I want you all to see it even though none of you care! :3
Cheetahs are awesome. <3

Don't recognize that armor
Mods are what make Skyrim so special. Get a PC. :p

There are loads of nude male body mods
for Khajiits and Argonians too

grocery shopping u__u
You're our stats guy though, you can't just go out when there's new blood to check up on.

Edit:

Ian Somerhalder (Rules of Attraction):

2002_Rules_Of_Attraction_168.jpg

tumblr_llqbc3aOw21qbsjqno1_500.gif

Cheetahs are awesome. <3

Mods are what make Skyrim so special. Get a PC. :p

There are loads of nude male body mods
for Khajiits and Argonians too

You're our stats guy though, you can't just go out when there's new blood to check up on.

Ewww nude kittys. Made my argonion (should have named him Saurod) but know I don't know if I want to go dual daggers or unarmed.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm usually a Bosmer, but my characters are always allies of The Twin Lamps.

"They light the way to freedom!"
(God, I wanna play Morrowind again..)

Kater

Banned
Ewww nude kittys. Made my argonion (should have named him Saurod) but know I don't know if I want to go dual daggers or unarmed.
Don't be so prudish, Henchman.

Guys, our Daripad is a grown man now... *sniffs* they grow so fast.
the-lonely-island-just-had-sex.jpg

I'm usually a Bosmer, but my characters are always allies of The Twin Lamps.

"They light the way to freedom!"
(God, I wanna play Morrowind again..)
I usually end up playing either as a Khajiit or a Redguard. They made the Dunmer look terrible in Skyrim. I played as one in both Morrowind and Oblivion but I can't stand their face options in Skyrim.

Don't be so prudish, Henchman.

the-lonely-island-just-had-sex.jpg

I usually end up playing either as a Khajiit or a Redguard. They made the Dunmer look terrible in Skyrim. I played as one in both Morrowind and Oblivion but I can't stand their face options in Skyrim.

Right now I've got

Dunmer mace wielding conjuror
Breton Battlemage
Breton no armor swordsman
Altmer assassin (might reroll him)
Imperial Nightingale
Bosmer Archer (might reroll him too)

daripad

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Welp, no sex for today, he's already asleep

lol I feel like one of those OPs that update every little thing they do

Kater

Banned
Right now I've got

Dunmer mace wielding conjuror
Breton Battlemage
Breton no armor swordsman
Altmer assassin (might reroll him)
Imperial Nightingale
Bosmer Archer (might reroll him too)
A pure mage is probably the most boring choice. The rest are good picks.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Welp, no sex for today, he's already asleep

lol I feel like one of those OPs that update every little thing they do
Aw, glad it turned out so well. :3

Don't rush it with the sex, the first time is very often disappointing anyway (especially if you go in with high expectations..

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Stats:

I'm a gay dude.
I'm 19.
I live for music. My one true love is my record player.
I've calmed down on video games since getting a full time job, but I still play nintendo games now and then. Mainly with friends.

thx bro good to know ya

Nah.. I wanna see one of the new guys or gals make it!

cool

I feel the same - they're thoughtless reactions that only further the stigma attached to anything that falls outside the narrow confines of what's acceptably masculine. I'd hope most of the people making those remarks are just going for cheap shots, without thinking of the attitudes they're reinforcing while trumpeting how well they can adhere to the societal default...

Yep. There's a whole lot of "
XCJGNQT.gif
rLD8M2a.gif
" and it kind of makes me
VLvjfiT.gif

I volunteer to write the new OT.

giphy.gif

decide amongst yourselves then, children

Sitting here catching-up on all of the marriage reactions. I got home from work today, the news was announced, I saw a tiny bit of coverage, and then promptly fell asleep. This is a lovely Friday night. This case is going to be one for the history books.. one that we'll read about for decades, right up there with Roe and Brown.

wait what happened

I wonder how Daripad is doing...

lmao

HylianTom

Banned
wait what happened

The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear four cases about whether gay marriage can be banned. We'll see a hearing in April, and then a ruling in probably June. The ruling that they issue will be a nationwide ruling, and in all likelihood we'll see either a 5-4 or maaaaybe 6-3 in favor of equality.

It all ends this year.

I've been following the court system since the late 80s, wondering if I'd ever see such a case in my lifetime. Feels damn good to be witnessing this.

giphy.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Gato. Gato gato gato. Whatever am I going to do with you?

i saw the full image that your avatar is from

its like 3 inches maxxx

The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear four cases about whether gay marriage can be banned. We'll see a hearing in April, and then a ruling in probably June. The ruling that they issue will be a nationwide ruling, and in all likelihood we'll see either a 5-4 or maaaaybe 6-3 in favor of equality.

It all ends this year.

I've been following the court system since the late 80s, wondering if I'd ever see such a case in my lifetime. Feels damn good to be witnessing this.

So once they rule in favor of it, gay marriage will be legal in all 50 states? Is that how it works?

Caladrius

The US Supreme Court is one of the most powerful out there. It can either build 50 years of history or destroy it in a single swoop. It's its own branch of the federal government for a reason.

Before I realized that I lack the self-promotion skills (and money) I actually wanted to go into law for a shot at it.

What's the likely reasoning for those 3/4 people going against it? That it's something that has to be decided on the state level?

Just under half the bench is made of 60+ hardcore conservatives.
They would likely make their decision under the veneer of an overextension of federal power.

_Isaac

The US Supreme Court is one of the most powerful out there. It can either build 50 years of history or destroy it in a single swoop. It's its own branch of the federal government for a reason.

Before I realized that I lack the self-promotion skills (and money) I actually wanted to go into law for a shot at it.

Just under half the bench is made of 60+ hardcore conservatives.

Like social conservatives? Should that matter if all they're doing is interpreting the letter of the law or whatever?

EDIT: Oh I see you added that veneer comment.

HylianTom

Banned
What's the likely reasoning for those 3/4 people going against it? That it's something that has to be decided on the state level?
Pretty much. They're likely going to argue that if gay people want to marry, they should go through their state legislatures instead of the courts. They're essentially claiming that it's none of the federal court's business.

(They're trying to pretend that the federal constitution's Equal Protection mandate somehow magically doesn't apply to marriage law or gay people. Thankfully, an overwhelming body of judges - both liberal and conservative - don't buy this weak line of thinking. )

DOWN

Banned
It's crazy remembering when it was just Massachusetts. Perhaps just as big to think how quickly and recently we got the chance to say a majority of our states have marriage equality.

It was so few, then in just these past couple of years, the change just hasn't stopped.

I'm really hoping that this really is the final blow to all those standing in the way of gay marriage in the US.

We've had gay marriage in Canada for over 10 years now, and I can't imagine living here without it. It's unfathomable to me. But I have to remind myself how lucky I am to live in such a progressive country. (Even if our current government doesn't embody this.)

Tip over those rainbow dominoes! :D

gELQBWb.gif

It's crazy remembering when it was just Massachusetts. Perhaps just as big to think how quickly and recently we got the chance to say a majority of our states have marriage equality.

It was so few, then in just these past couple of years, the change just hasn't stopped.

It's not just gay marriage though, there's been an incredible cultural shift regarding opinion and attitude towards gays in general. I wanna say these past 7 years or so have been insane. I remember when outward revulsion towards anything gay was encouraged as the norm, and now you're called out as a POS bigot round most parts for pulling that nonsense.

Grizzo

once gay marriage issue is over with the next big thing is to stop Canadian pop stars from being popular in america!

Hey! Leave Nelly Furtado alone! I won't hesitate to fight with you over this!

...okay well she doesn't have much of a career since her last album flopped hard but still, I love her so much :(

Hey! Leave Nelly Furtado alone! I won't hesitate to fight with you over this!

...okay well she doesn't have much of a career since her last album flopped hard but still, I love her so much :(

same but she was allowed a temporary pop visa back when she was dropping beautiful songs, then like Anne Hathaway she disappeared when she had a baby
i may be mis-remembering a Ricky Gervais joke about Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom