• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what. They ditch you on your party and never even bother to call?
Did you call them to ask where they were?
Yep. No response as of yet. People suck.

Edit: And on my way home I get into a minor fender bender, got a ticket from it and almost lost my wallet. Today sucks. :(((

Ty4on

Yeah I usually buy online (there are a lot of good ebay stores, or you should try discogs) or at my local record store.
They are a lot more expensive when they're new but it's worth it if you have a decent set up. :)

For me it's mostly random old tracks that I want and they're dirt cheap on discogs. I just gotta buy them and deal with the shipping etc :p

Vashetti

Banned
Aw. Illness or something else?

Just got a bout of depression out of nowhere.

Got an amazing partner; good, safe job; amazing parents. Nothing to be upset about really.

Still feel fucking worthless.

That gay thread isn't helping. God I hate people.

I literally have no real-life friends either.

Ty4on

Got an amazing partner; good, safe job; amazing parents. Nothing to be upset about really.

Sometimes that's just the way it is.
If it keeps happening talk to a psychologist. It could just be a chemical imbalance.

have they ever pull that on you b4?
Not usually.
But ever since we statrted going to different schools, I guess we've just grown apart. I'll just have to make new friends.

I think I'm just gonna go to my bed and cry and hope for a better tommorow. No way I can afford this new ticket with all of the things on my plate. :(

I was trying to back away and eventually just had to go to bed lol

I just woke up at 6pm cool
Me, pretty much. I stayed up way too long posting there, and then I slept in super late.

That gay thread isn't helping. God I hate people.

I literally have no real-life friends either.
Well, I hope things start looking up.

It sounds like you've got a lot of really good things in your life too, remembering to try and focus on the positive aspects can be difficult, but it's necessary.

And you've got support here of course. Never mind that stupid thread. There are misguided and bigoted people everywhere, that'll never change. But you can't let them control how you feel. (Again, I know it's easier said than done.)

Vashetti

Banned
Sometimes that's just the way it is.
If it keeps happening talk to a psychologist. It could just be a chemical imbalance.

Oh I know I have depression, I have previously taken medication for it, took it for a month and became uncomfortable with the idea that the doctor had given me the medication so easily.

So I stopped and started dealing with it in my own way. Still get the occasional bout such as now. Nothing to do but wait for it to go I suppose.

DOWN

Banned
I like to think I keep my cool in arguments. But it's pretty disappointing to be arguing with people who say being gay is a disorder when sexual orientation isn't a treatable condition in the first place, or the even more common tendency for people to say it is a lifestyle choice they don't have to like.

Contrast these people with the ones who say stuff like "It's 2015, who cares?" (some thinking they are giving the right response by being dismissive, others actually trying to avoid having to see gay people and coming outs acknowledged) while discussion bombs are still being tossed around. Clearly, there's reason to still care in 2015.

I like to think I keep my cool in arguments. But it's pretty disappointing to be arguing with people who say being gay is a disorder when sexual orientation isn't a treatable condition in the first place, or the even more common tendency for people to say it is a lifestyle choice they don't have to like.

Contrast these people with the ones who say stuff like "It's 2015, who cares?" (some thinking they are giving the right response by being dismissive, others actually trying to avoid having to see gay people and coming outs acknowledged) while discussion bombs are still being tossed around. Clearly, there's reason to still care in 2015.
Like the one poster that said we were "already on par".

Ridiculous.

HylianTom

Banned
We have at the very least a few decades at least before we're on par. If someone can't hold the hand of his loved one in public - regardless of location - without thinking about it or hesitating, that isn't what I'd call "on par."

Vashetti

Banned
We have at the very least a few decades at least before we're on par. If someone can't hold the hand of his loved one in public - regardless of location - without thinking about it or hesitating, that isn't what I'd call "on par."

This is why me and my partner won't hold hands in public.

We want to, but there's always the chance somebody will be a cunt to us.

Vitanimus

I'd go with something by pro-ject.
I've got the genie 1.3 which I got for about 500, but you can grab their 'essential' for around 300 which is still pretty good. They've got a budget range 'elemental' for around 200, but I've never heard one.

Of course if you don't have good speakers then it doesn't really matter.

Best bet would be to go to your local A/V store and speak with someone who knows their shit, because they'll be able to calibrate your player as well which can be a bitch to do yourself especially if you never have before.

P.S. Fucking awesome avi. I'm seeing her live 3 times in the next 2 weeks. I can't wait.

Thanks! any speaker recommendations? tbh built in speakers would be handy due to room but I'm one of those "have to buy the best or don't buy at all" kinda people

also I'm very jealous, I stupidly turned down an opportunity to see her a couple of months ago :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I drink cold drinks even when it's cold I don't give a fuck.

jono95

Thanks! any speaker recommendations? tbh built in speakers would be handy due to room but I'm one of those "have to buy the best or don't buy at all" kinda people

also I'm very jealous, I stupidly turned down an opportunity to see her a couple of months ago :(

If you're one of those people then you should definitely invest in separate speakers.
I dunno your price range but I have the Monitor BX2s in my room and they're pretty impressive for their size/price.

Ah that sucks! I did the same with a show last year and regret it now.

DOWN

Banned
The heck does it have to do with Florida? I can make my french press cold too!

Fair enough! Usually people I talk to in truly cold climates don't want cold coffee if it is freezing outside. But it's never been freezing outside for me, so I'm not in that dilemma with them.

Ty4on

Oh I know I have depression, I have previously taken medication for it, took it for a month and became uncomfortable with the idea that the doctor had given me the medication so easily.
So I stopped and started dealing with it in my own way. Still get the occasional bout such as now. Nothing to do but wait for it to go I suppose.
I see. If you're able to there's often no reason to look for other therapists if you didn't like the one you were seeing.
If you have your own way of dealing with it though that's great. I think exercise is a common one unless you're already doing it.
Yeah discogs is so good for that!
Shipping mostly sucks for me living in Australia though.
I feel like I have it worst in US forums, but you definitely have it worse than me :S

It is cool though listening to a random, old track that's not well known yet several are available at discogs :p

Kevyt

Me too.

My roommate and I get ice cream and smoothies in the dead of winter.

I love ice cream and frozen yogurt during winter. I can't stand eating ice cream in the summer because it's hot and it melts. But eating frozen yogurt with a sub 30 degree (Fahrenheit) weather is magical.

Kater

Banned
I was about to say, who drinks warm alcohol (besides mead) but the topic at hand is apparently coffee.

Ew, cold coffee.

Hopefully tomorrow won't be as god awful as today has been. :/

Aw, I hope so too. It sucks being left alone when you made plans for something.

Have a hug. ;3

MG9jZZV.png

Dany

Banned
Fair enough! Usually people I talk to in truly cold climates don't want cold coffee if it is freezing outside. But it's never been freezing outside for me, so I'm not in that dilemma with them.

Yes yes, we know that you live in the perfect climate.

Giever

I hope things get better for you in the meantime (mentally, I mean, since, as you said, your life seems to be going pretty well), but I just want to point out that if things do start getting worse or unmanageable you should really reconsider medication for it. If you weren't happy with the way your doctor just handed it out to you, maybe go talk to someone else about it.

Basically, not that you totally seemed that way, I just want to make sure you weren't ruling medication out, because it can be tremendously helpful (even if it can be a pain in the ass to find out what works for you), and sometimes dealing with it yourself can be far more trouble than it's worth.

By "be a cunt to us" I meant get stabbed.

Oh, right. You're in the UK as well. Forgot. Everyone says the UK's 'so progressive'. Still doesn't make them any less a bunch of cowards and inbreds. In broad daylight at least, lowlives have a tendency of wimping out when someone actually confronts them for their shit. Honestly, if you're in a city or something, then you probably won't have anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom