• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really late to respond to this but those are great pics BlueBadger. Reminds me that I need to play the Ace Attorney games. I liked using Wright in UMvC3 and I do like the designs of characters as well.

On a different note. I wish I wasn't so shy. There's a guy I like and I'm having troubles talking to him because I get so shy and nervous :(.
Aww thanks!! I appreciate that <3 cosplaying was so fun I totally wanna do it again.
Cheers mate!

Way to go BB! You look legit boss. Must have been a ton of work. Seems like a lot of fun :D
Yayyyyyy my Apollo partner in crime!! Thank you!! :) it did take a bit of work. Had to get the vest tailored and all o____o!

That wasnt the only reason you came back right?
So what if it was? :D haha

BlueBadger those are some awesome cosplay
Right?! Those were only a couple! I found a ton of others that I loved as well!

Talking to one of my friends he's telling me he thinks my ex didn't want me to go meet him but didn't want to say it. It certainly makes more sense now, that he even considered sending those pics to me. It hurts a lot more though.

Mr. F

Banned
Thanks for the welcome, guys. :)

Games I play/like are mostly fighting games, Tekken, Soul Calibur, MK, DOA, Street Fighter etc. I also love FF, TES and RPGs in general.
Other hobbies include music, web/graphic design and reading.

+1 graphic design gayGAF! Welcome welcome.

Monocle

Games I play/like are mostly fighting games, Tekken, Soul Calibur, MK, DOA, Street Fighter etc. I also love FF, TES and RPGs in general.
I approve of your awesome hobbies.

Magnus

Some of you might remember my issue here from a thread or two back. For whatever reason, we used to spoiler tag sexually-explicit discussion back then (to keep a thread SFW I suppose), so I'll do that here. Would love some advice.

Anal bottoming is still a painful, burning experience for me. I'm STI-free. I'm doing some quick research online and realizing the burning I feel (I can't even describe it as pain, and it's not a burn I feel when using my ass every day for number 2) might be due to a glycerin allergy or irritation from our lube. If so, this may be a huge revelation. This stupid lube could be what's cockblocked us for a year. Any recommendations for great anal lube that's glycerin-free?

Mumei

Ooh. What do you like?

Oooooh. What kind of music do you listen to?

Alrus

Aced my Histology lab exam today :) Two awful exams to go and I might possibly pass if everything goes smoothly. This has been the most stressful summer of my life :/

Alrus

I am sure you'll do great! Are you training to be a histology technician?

Actually, I'm in med school (there's no distinction between pre-med and med school here, it's "just" a seven year program at the university). My end goal is to get an internship in Anatomical-Pathology. Still, I'm a pretty bad student (aka, I'm lazy) and if I finally pass this year (third one), I still have four years of study then maybe I can get the internship depending on my grades and a few other factors.

Last two exams I have are really hard and involve some luck. You get assigned a random medical case that is in relation with what you have studied for the year, then you have to make a flowchart explaining what's happening in detail, then you explain it to a jury of 3 teachers who can then ask you questions pertaining to their course - embryology, histology, anatomy, physiology, and so on... There are some really easy cases that are very straightforward and some are much more complicated, so depending on the case you get and your jury, you either have a very easy time or you can get completely destroyed. It's super stressful :(

Actually, I'm in med school (there's no distinction between pre-med and med school here, it's "just" a seven year program at the university). My end goal is to get an internship in Anatomical-Pathology. Still, I'm a pretty bad student (aka, I'm lazy) and if I finally pass this year (third one), I still have four years of study then maybe I can get the internship depending on my grades and a few other factors.

Last two exams I have are really hard and involve some luck. You get assigned a random medical case that is in relation with what you have studied for the year, then you have to make a flowchart explaining what's happening in detail, then you explain it to a jury of 3 teachers who can then ask you questions pertaining to their course - embryology, histology, anatomy, physiology, and so on... There are some really easy cases that are very straightforward and some are much more complicated, so depending on the case you get and your jury, you either have a very easy time or you can get completely destroyed. It's super stressful :(

Damn, that does sound stressful! Sending you good vibes!

goodvibesforyou1o4su9.gif

Some of you might remember my issue here from a thread or two back. For whatever reason, we used to spoiler tag sexually-explicit discussion back then (to keep a thread SFW I suppose), so I'll do that here. Would love some advice.

Anal bottoming is still a painful, burning experience for me. I'm STI-free. I'm doing some quick research online and realizing the burning I feel (I can't even describe it as pain, and it's not a burn I feel when using my ass every day for number 2) might be due to a glycerin allergy or irritation from our lube. If so, this may be a huge revelation. This stupid lube could be what's cockblocked us for a year. Any recommendations for great anal lube that's glycerin-free?

I'm not too wise on lube ingredients, but I will say I've had the same issues in the past..

My ex and I last year bought this new lube that was supposed to be amazing, but all it did was give me this really uncomfortable burning feeling that wouldn't go away for a while.
my ass is a bit sensitive I guess.
. Ever since then, I've only ever used just regular KY, or a plain water-based lube, and have had no problems. Although I'm sure you've probably already tried regular KY?

HylianTom

Banned
Reminds me of the time our incredibly tasty landlord (mmph!) saw our Gun Oil out on the nightstand. He thought it was for our firearms. :p

RM8

I ignore gaming drama that isn't actually related to gaming, so until recently I didn't know about this whole GamerGate issue :/ Seems to be pretty toxic. I'm completely uninformed about the Zoe Quinn drama, but it also involves Phil Fish and Sarkeesian now. Internet rage is a scary thing.

Masamuna

The hubby has the same irritation problem, but for the last year Boy Butter has done wonders for us.

We have a embarrassing GunOil story as well. My grandad - gunsmith - was visiting and for whatever reason our lube was sitting out. He picked it up and gave it a once over and exclaimed that it might not be that great to clean and service a gun with but he reckoned it was perfect for butt stuff.

Love that old bastard.

I ignore gaming drama that isn't actually related to gaming, so until recently I didn't know about this whole GamerGate issue :/ Seems to be pretty toxic. I'm completely uninformed about the Zoe Quinn drama, but it also involves Phil Fish and Sarkeesian now. Internet rage is a scary thing.

I still really have no idea what's going on with that whole stuff. Something about people not wanting to be called gamers... or something to do with bigots... or... well, like I said, I have no idea what's going on and haven't cared enough to research more about it as I'm sure it's dumb (and toxic like you said).

Funny, I found out about people being "allergic" to lube from that last guy I was with, he told me he just used a little bit because of that and it was kind of surprising to me, I guess it's not that unusual. He said it like it happened with any type of lube but I guess he probably needs to try other stuff.

HylianTom

Banned
I've largely given-up on following the industry, and I'm a good deal happier for it (that's all I'll say on that. I've long learned to bite my tongue.)

Still play a decent number of new games, although my proclivity for replaying old favorites can often keep me from staying on top of new releases.

Finally got around to starting Shovel Knight this past week. Mahvelous! :D

RM8

^ Shovel Knight is one of my GOTY candidates. So good :3

I still really have no idea what's going on with that whole stuff. Something about people not wanting to be called gamers... or something to do with bigots... or... well, like I said, I have no idea what's going on and haven't cared enough to research more about it as I'm sure it's dumb (and toxic like you said).
Same, no idea what's going on. Sarkeesian hate escalated, Fish quits gaming as usual, Quinn drama makes a female gaming journalist quit her job/career, "gamer" now means bigoted male, and an ongoing war between journalists and said gamers. Or something like that :p

Yeah, I just found out about all that stuff and... I don't understand it. >.<

At some point, it MAY have had some introspection on the "gamer" profile, but now it's too toxic. I'll stay away from it.

I mean, while everyone is arguing, I'll just play Kirby Triple Deluxe. <3

Sorry to break all the lube talk :( I don't know if I am allergic to it, but last time I did... stuff, that didn't work much. Yeah

Alrus

Same, no idea what's going on. Sarkeesian hate escalated, Fish quits gaming as usual, Quinn drama makes a female gaming journalist quit her job/career, "gamer" now means bigoted male, and an ongoing war between journalists and said gamers. Or something like that :p

Quinn Drama is a bunch of nothing made up by slut shaming manchildren and her spiteful ex boyfriend. Nobody complained about the "incestuous" relationship between the dude who made Republique and game journalistw who kept running stories about it when it was failing but one girl sleeps with one dude who happens to be a game "journalist" and people suddenly are all up in arms...

I really wouldn't bother with that kind of stuff, it's a waste of time :/

Magnus

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

I'm less concerned at this point with something that feels 'the best', etc., but rather one that doesn't produce this brutal burning sensation. It's totally hindering bedroom fun time. :(

Water based lubes are irritating for me, so check out some silicon based lubricants.

It's bizarre to me; I'd have thought "water-based" would have meant the least harsh, least chemical-based and therefore least irritating lubes overall, but it seems water-based ones have extra junk thrown in.

I'm not too wise on lube ingredients, but I will say I've had the same issues in the past..

My ex and I last year bought this new lube that was supposed to be amazing, but all it did was give me this really uncomfortable burning feeling that wouldn't go away for a while.
my ass is a bit sensitive I guess.
. Ever since then, I've only ever used just regular KY, or a plain water-based lube, and have had no problems. Although I'm sure you've probably already tried regular KY?

I haven't actually. The BF mocks it when KY comes up in TV shows or other popular media; I'm guessing it's supposed to be 'cheap stuff' (according to him), but maybe it'll be the best option.

I'll look into it!

Funny, I found out about people being "allergic" to lube from that last guy I was with, he told me he just used a little bit because of that and it was kind of surprising to me, I guess it's not that unusual. He said it like it happened with any type of lube but I guess he probably needs to try other stuff.

Word; I need to find the right one for me.

I feel the same way. The issue just seems way too complicated and stuff for me. I don't know. I'm just not interested in all of the drama. *shrugs.*

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Aced my Histology lab exam today :) Two awful exams to go and I might possibly pass if everything goes smoothly. This has been the most stressful summer of my life :/

praying 4 u sis

Same. I have no idea what any of that is and I couldn't care less. The only videogame industry stuff I still follow is game announcements and things of that nature.

Guest who got kicked out of his appartment? This guy!

I have 1 week to find a new place, renovate this one and find a place where I can store my stuff.

Luckily I can move in with my bf for some time, but I'm nut sure if that works out in the long run, so well see

Dany

Banned

The lube could totally be fine though, but if the skin becomes irritated because you're trying too much at once then yeah the lube might just burn. But for silicon, never had it.

I haven't actually. The BF mocks it when KY comes up in TV shows or other popular media; I'm guessing it's supposed to be 'cheap stuff' (according to him), but maybe it'll be the best option.

I'll look into it!

Word; I need to find the right one for me.

The cheapest maybe. But also one of the simplest. It doesn't have any of those weird scents and extra fluff in it that causes me (and perhaps you) irritation. I'd recommend at least trying it :)

So I've gone on like 5 awful dates in a row recently, and I'm starting to wonder whether there's something wrong with my screening process or if there's something about me that naturally sabotages any quality dating scenario. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what I like and what I consider to be compatible with my personality, but I have no idea if my perception is warped or if I'm attracting the wrong people. Not sure how to find out either. Thoughts, squirrel friends?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So I've gone on like 5 awful dates in a row recently, and I'm starting to wonder whether there's something wrong with my screening process or if there's something about me that naturally sabotages any quality dating scenario. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what I like and what I consider to be compatible with my personality, but I have no idea if my perception is warped or if I'm attracting the wrong people. Not sure how to find out either. Thoughts, squirrel friends?

you need to be more specific with what you want in your dating profile e.g. white, straight acting, big dick, rich, etc.

Lol I guess that was a little vague, sorry! So the first guy was really bubbly and witty on Tindr, we got along with our sort of existential talks and whatnot. We go get coffee and he's pretty much talking about himself the entire time... I could tell that he enjoyed talking about himself so I'd ask him some questions here and there to refuel him. Had no interest in asking me questions, at all. I drove him back to his apartment and as I'm unbuckling my seat belt to give him a hug he goes "I actually don't really believe in hugs... i think they're really undervalued in society." I go WAT. Basically we exchange goodbyes and I head home in a maintained WAT state. He texts me when I get home saying "I had a great time :) Plans this week?" Confusing guy. Not sure if he's even aware of what he's putting out into the universe. :/

Second guy asked me for my number while we were in line for pizza outside of a gay bar, lol. Very rare to hit it off with someone in a non-gay setting (even though this technically counts as a gay setting) and he seemed really reserved but interested. I decide to make us dinner at home and he brings wine or whatever. He's actually really nice, but really really really reserved. I hate having to feel like I'm working extra hard to get you talk, especially if you chose to come see me. I'm not really attracted to introverted personalities so I wasn't really feeling much of a connection. He seemed like he wanted to get physical but he was nowhere near making a move. It was just really awkward. We get along well otherwise but he's just not for me.

Third guy invited me over to play video games and day drink, and when I got there he was super super stoned and completely out of it. This was just a disaster. We got along well enough regardless and he was really "chill" and I got to play video games so that was cool. We ended up having sex afterwards which I wasn't expecting to happen. That was definitely the highlight though. lol

Fourth guy went on an awkwardly long tirade against bald people while we were driving to his apartment. Never trust a man who hates bald people.

Fifth guy is an art student who's pretty reserved but unfolded like a bird of paradise when we met downtown a few days after that. I saw him buy cocaine about three tmes over the course of the evening. He didn't seem like the type given our first interaction. He got really fucked up by the end of it and I never saw him after that. We text occassionally because we have things in common (Beyonce, Sherlock, video games, etc.) but I have no interest in taking it any further.

Feel like I've just lucked out recently... like if there was something that I was putting out then people wouldn't be interested in talking to me after these dates but that doesn't seem to be the case...

you need to be more specific with what you want in your dating profile e.g. white, straight acting, big dick, rich, etc.

Nnnn, that already sounds like the most obnoxious "About Me" of all time

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
there are people who dont want what?

apparently

So the first guy was really bubbly and witty on Tindr, we got along with our sort of existential talks and whatnot. We go get coffee and he's pretty much talking about himself the entire time... I could tell that he enjoyed talking about himself so I'd ask him some questions here and there to refuel him. Had no interest in asking me questions, at all. He texts me when I get home saying "I had a great time :) Plans this week?" Confusing guy. Not sure if he's even aware of what he's putting out into the universe. :/

Maybe he was just nervous?

Second guy seemed like he wanted to get physical but he was nowhere near making a move. It was just really awkward. We get along well otherwise but he's just not for me.

You could tell he wanted sex but was too reserved/shy to go for it, but didn't make a move yourself?

Third guy invited me over to play video games and day drink, and when I got there he was super super stoned and completely out of it. This was just a disaster. We got along well enough regardless and he was really "chill" and I got to play video games so that was cool. We ended up having sex afterwards which I wasn't expecting to happen. That was definitely the highlight though. lol

Was that even a date though? Sounds like he just wanted to hang out. Also, sounds like it was a good hang out. Problem?

Fourth guy went on an awkwardly long tirade against bald people while we were driving to his apartment. Never trust a man who hates bald people.

Are you bald or was he? If not, wgaf?

Feel like I've just lucked out recently... like if there was something that I was putting out then people wouldn't be interested in talking to me after these dates but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Not all first dates are smash hit homeruns - maybe give some of them a second chance? Maybe the reserved guys will open up a bit more as you get to know them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYi8lA9y_BY

Me. Too big is a no no

how big is too big?

VegiHam

Lol I guess that was a little vague, sorry! So the first guy was really bubbly and witty on Tindr, we got along with our sort of existential talks and whatnot. We go get coffee and he's pretty much talking about himself the entire time... I could tell that he enjoyed talking about himself so I'd ask him some questions here and there to refuel him. Had no interest in asking me questions, at all. I drove him back to his apartment and as I'm unbuckling my seat belt to give him a hug he goes "I actually don't really believe in hugs... i think they're really undervalued in society." I go WAT. Basically we exchange goodbyes and I head home in a maintained WAT state. He texts me when I get home saying "I had a great time :) Plans this week?" Confusing guy. Not sure if he's even aware of what he's putting out into the universe. :/

Second guy asked me for my number while we were in line for pizza outside of a gay bar, lol. Very rare to hit it off with someone in a non-gay setting (even though this technically counts as a gay setting) and he seemed really reserved but interested. I decide to make us dinner at home and he brings wine or whatever. He's actually really nice, but really really really reserved. I hate having to feel like I'm working extra hard to get you talk, especially if you chose to come see me. I'm not really attracted to introverted personalities so I wasn't really feeling much of a connection. He seemed like he wanted to get physical but he was nowhere near making a move. It was just really awkward. We get along well otherwise but he's just not for me.

Fifth guy is an art student who's pretty reserved but unfolded like a bird of paradise when we met downtown a few days after that. I saw him buy cocaine about three tmes over the course of the evening. He didn't seem like the type given our first interaction. He got really fucked up by the end of it and I never saw him after that. We text occassionally because we have things in common (Beyonce, Sherlock, video games, etc.) but I have no interest in taking it any further.

Hmmm, from the way you described it I'd say what's happening is you're living through a 'bad date montage' at normal speed. Clearly this means you are living in a rom com and are about to meet Mr Right; so you have that to look forward to!

In all seriousness it just sounds like bad luck, I wouldn't let it get you down man. I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom