• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

To divert the conversation away from lewdness, how do people feel about Jewelry? (anything, necklaces, bracelets, piercings, etc.)

I love chokers and rings. If I could get away with it I'd wear some myself.

Wrong guy, I was thinking of Michael Hoffman. Sorry!

*googles*

Show me anyway.

To divert the conversation away from lewdness, how do people feel about Jewelry? (anything, necklaces, bracelets, piercings, etc.)

I like jewels but not jewelry. I want to sleep on a bed of rubies but that would hurt.

Argh I'm so surly meditation is making me weird lately.

LOCK

I love piercings on guys, just not overboard.

Same with jewelry. It should be used as an accessory, not as a show off.

Golnei

Some kinds of piercings are okay, though other than that I only really like watches. Bracelets, rings, necklaces and such just seem a little too gaudy most of the time.

I like jewels but not jewelry. I want to sleep on a bed of rubies but that would hurt.

Also this. "Fell Dragon" is my ideal decorative style.

Dead Man

You can share. If you guys are into him, have I got just the thing for you! Beefy, hairy, muscle cub in the making here. ^_^

You just go ahead and drop a statement that without evidence? Pfft, that's just rude. :)

Same :p
---

Marc Fitt is a good middle point between muscly and thin, IMO:

large.gif

tumblr_moggsdolew1rc5lyjo4_250.gif

He's not skinny, but he's not "too big".

Way too cut for me. Anyone who can get that level of definition either hates food (which I will not abide) or has way too much self control for me lol.

He's a naughty boy

Naughty, but too young for me I think.

Way too cut for me. Anyone who can get that level of definition either hates food (which I will not abide) or has way too much self control for me lol.

Self-control is sexy. For some reason this always pops into my head when I think about how powerful deliberate inaction can be.

Shakespeare said:
In action how like an Angel! in apprehension how like a god!

You can sleep on a bed that has rubies inside of it, something like a transparent gel-based bed.

Thanks, but that ruins the image for me. Beauty never rests or something idk.

My friend posted this on facebook, it's vaguely funny (but not 'ha ha' funny) and I don't know why:

http://visiblemanlines.tumblr.com/

edit:

I feel like in Warner Brothers cartoons when one of the characters (say Bugs Bunny) would get into a fight with another character and they become this rolling dust cloud with limbs sticking out of it. I feel like I'm that but only one person.

Dead Man

Self-control is sexy. For some reason this always pops into my head when I think about how powerful deliberate inaction can be.

For sure, but self denial like that just doesn't work for me. I would much rather a simply flat stomach on a guy instead of being totally cut like that. Just a personal preference though.

For sure, but self denial like that just doesn't work for me. I would much rather a simply flat stomach on a guy instead of being totally cut like that. Just a personal preference though.

Ya, I don't really have any opinion on the aesthetic preference just babbling about the most general case.

RM8

I don't follow bodybuilders, but I bet he doesn't look that cut most of the time. That's a pretty "unrealistic" everyday look, but it looks pretty great :p Definition does it for me, but it's obviously not a requirement or anything (I mean, he is a bodybuilder), just something I find appealing.

scarlet

You just go ahead and drop a statement that without evidence? Pfft, that's just rude. :)

Naughty, but too young for me I think.

How young is too young for you?

And yeah, I prefer my man with extra meat too.

Sai-kun

Banned

*googles*

Show me anyway.

I loooooove jewelry, on both men and women.

Chokers, earrings, piercings (facial, though i'm coming around to the idea of belly button piercings) are great. I also totally have a thing for bracelets/anklets, and rings, and rings that connect to bracelets.

Jewelry can be incredibly sexy. Wish I had more stuff to wear, myself, though it's a hassle to keep track of it all.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

On myself? Not really a fan. (although I want to be like Jack Sparrow and wear beads and feathers in my hair and shit all over my wrists)

On others? I don't really care one way or another.

Casanova

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jewelry is shiny and I like shiny things.

HOWEVER.

I don't like big, in-your-face kind of jewelry.

Jewelry should be subtle and understated.

HylianTom

Banned
Kids in the Hall?! One of my favorites! It's so twisted, and a bit dated, but I love the era it was written/made in, and they seem ahead of their time.

Seems like a show to marathon when it's cold outside, so I usually watch it during winter..
*hugs my KITH box set*

I ascertain that you're going to make me marathon the series earlier than I intended.. :p

MarkusRJR

Anyone have any books they'd recommend as a "must-read"? Looking for new book to read. Genre doesn't matter as long as it's not too boring or uses some insane writing style.

Also, being born in '93 sucks since everyone I talk to raves about 80's TVS and movies I have no clue about.

MarkusRJR

If only they had recorded those movies and TV shows! Then you would have been able to watch them even if you hadn't been around back then! Dammit!
It's totally different watching it now. A lot of these acclaimed shows haven't aged that well and I feel like I just missed out on a time specific experience.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's totally different watching it now. A lot of these acclaimed shows haven't aged that well and I feel like I just missed out on a time specific experience.

It's all in your mind. You just have to get your head into that space. Watch a bunch of stuff and it'll eventually click.

All I can think of his how we Brits love to overcomplicate the spelling of things such as Jewellery :p

I have the top of my right ear pierced and I usually wear a stud shaped like a button - or some kind of ring in there.

I always have a necklace on that I never take off also - although periodically I'll change what that is. Currently its a plain silver chain sporting black and red razorblade shaped dog-tags.

I can't wear rings on my fingers - it's like claustrophobia^5

Necklaces and bracelets can be sexy, depending on the kind and amount of them.

Piercings can be sexy, but only in the face region. Piercing on the rest of the body (nipple, bellybutton, dick,...) are a serious turnoff for me.

HylianTom

Banned

I feel that way about certain shows that came before I was born. Imagine experiencing some of those Twilight Zone episodes at the height of Cold War hysterial, for example - it would've been intense!
(I envy Mom in that she got to watch Maude and Mary Tyler Moore tackle touchy issues..)

A good show is a good show. A good show will hold-up on its own, and serve as a timestamp for the era in which it was produced.

Seinfeld's a great example. Decades after it's not as current, people will still look to it as the last great show before the Digital Era. It showed what we ate, how we got around, cultural faux pas, political topics, religious topics, medical topics, interpersonal relations, mating rituals, technology of the era, minutiae of everyday city life, logistical arrangements, family conflicts..

So KITH and such might be dated, but they're still well worth viewing. Being able to look back and see how much has changed is pretty cool.

---

And I'm pretty limited on jewelry. I'll wear a ring, and I have a pendant with my dog's pawprint on it. But that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom