• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzo

You're not paranoid, as far as I know it's indeed possible to get HIV from unprotected oral. It being less risky than anal doesn't mean a lot when anal is the absolute riskiest sexual practice in terms of HIV infection. Plus there are other STDs that you might want to avoid carrying in your mouth :p

I thought there was a risk if your mouth is bleeding (because of a cut or something like that).

Are we supposed to always give oral with a condom on? Well actually I know that we are supposed to but I nobody I know ever used one for that.

Man, sex is so dangerous, haha.

I don't have a lot of casual hookups, but I've never used a condom with oral. :/ Probably should have, but I've never actually seen someone do that before personally.

For some reason, at first glance... I thought your avatar was a horse. Like a horse's neck and part of the head and you cropped off the part of the head with the eyes. lol

I feel like I've looked at it so much having it be my avatar for years that I'm not even sure what it is anymore.

Grizzo

I also play with a Hori mini! Superb controller. And N64 is awesome even without nostalgia goggles unless you really, really can't stand dated visuals. It has lots of awesome games and that's what makes a system good.

It's great right?

Glad to see somebody who still loves that system as much as I do :D

Do they have something bigger? I've got talons for hands

I've been meaning to get 2 or three controllers. Used to have two but one broke within a week of me using it, and I'm not a very violent player.

Honestly I think you should be just fine with that. Problem is that they're quite expensive, that's why I only got one :(

Dawww this is adorable. Too bad the D-Pad is still in an awkward place, though I imagine it probably doesn't get much use.

Yeah I only use the D-Pad when playing Kirby 64, so I just have to switch over to a regular controller to play it!

I also use a regular controller when playing Goldeneye, Perfect Dark or another FPS because I love how the layout of the original controller makes you feel like you're pressing the trigger (with the Z button).

Caladrius

I am going to wrap myself in a terry cloth blanket like a caterpillar in a chrysalis and never leave it or have sex again.

So you're going to turn into Henry's baby then.

Hopefully that involves less murder.

Honestly I think you should be just fine with that. Problem is that they're quite expensive, that's why I only got one :(

Ah.

The price is to be expected, considering that specialized parts have to be manufactured, so that doesn't bug me

mantidor

I thought there was a risk if your mouth is bleeding (because of a cut or something like that).

Are we supposed to always give oral with a condom on? Well actually I know that we are supposed to but I nobody I know ever used one for that.

The problem with studies on STDs is that most, if not all, are based on self reports, and unfortunately you can't guarantee people are being honest. Studies in oral sex are varied, some say there is simply no risk at all, others say there's some, because there are cases of people who only perform oral sex and get infected. The thing is that, statistically, its very rare to only engage in oral sex without other forms of penetrative sex, and that casts a shadow of doubt on these reports. Oral health also comes into play and most of these reports are people with ulcers or open wounds in their mouths. Researchers and scientists of course prefer to err in the side of caution, so they say what they know, oral sex is not safe sex, but is safer than vaginal or anal sex.

A controlled experiment would be the only way to know, but it would be highly unethical.

D: Fuck. Maybe I can rig up some kind of vacuum chamber with a respiration device.

It's a man's torso.

It cannot be anything else, don't shatter my fragile world D:

RM8

I think it's pretty obvious. A tiny cut in your mouth caused by tooth brushing or even something you ate puts you at great risk even if you're not aware. This is assuming you have perfect oral health otherwise, with perfectly healthy gums. So it might be safer than other forms of penetrative sex, but it's still hardly safe sex. Ideally you shouldn't get exposed to sexual fluids of people whose health status you ignore, period. Protected oral might not sound fun to some people, but HIV is vastly less fun. The fact that protected oral is seen as weird is pretty telling and it won't aid the fact that HIV is spread more wildly on gay males :/

Again, that's not counting other STDs.

I think it's pretty obvious. A tiny cut in your mouth caused by tooth brushing or even something you ate puts you at great risk even if you're not aware. This is assuming you have perfect oral health otherwise, with perfectly healthy gums. So it might be safer than other forms of penetrative sex, but it's still hardly safe sex. Ideally you shouldn't get exposed to sexual fluids of people whose health status you ignore, period. Protected oral might not sound fun to some people, but HIV is vastly less fun. The fact that protected oral is seen as weird is pretty telling and it won't aid the fact that HIV is spread more wildly on gay males :/

It's such a weird situation. Everytime I ask, I keep getting confirmation that yes, HIV is something you should worry about during oral, but when I talk about condoms during oral (to both straight and gay people) the consensus overwhelmingly falls in the "no that's overkill" pile.

I definitely get that it's not a risk to take lightly, but god damn oral with condoms sounds as exciting as algebra.

Fuck everything. I'm just gonna go celibate.

Dany

Banned

same yolo

b1fjps

It's such a weird situation. Everytime I ask, I keep getting confirmation that yes, HIV is something you should worry about during oral, but when I talk about condoms during oral (to both straight and gay people) the consensus overwhelmingly falls in the "no that's overkill" pile.

I definitely get that it's not a risk to take lightly, but god damn oral with condoms sounds as exciting as algebra.

CELIBATE. GOOD TIME.. COME ON.

Grizzo

The problem with studies on STDs is that most, if not all, are based on self reports, and unfortunately you can't guarantee people are being honest. Studies in oral sex are varied, some say there is simply no risk at all, others say there's some, because there are cases of people who only perform oral sex and get infected. The thing is that, statistically, its very rare to only engage in oral sex without other forms of penetrative sex, and that casts a shadow of doubt on these reports. Oral health also comes into play and most of these reports are people with ulcers or open wounds in their mouths. Researchers and scientists of course prefer to err in the side of caution, so they say what they know, oral sex is not safe sex, but is safer than vaginal or anal sex.

A controlled experiment would be the only way to know, but it would be highly unethical.

That's a great post, thanks for the insight. Yeah, truth is, experiences will differ from one person to another so it's really hard to tell. But from what I've heard all of my life, there is minimal risk involved when practicing oral sex.

I have straight friends too (both men and women) and none of them use a condom when having or receiving oral sex, so I think that's not just a gay thing, but I could be wrong.

RM8

The thing with straight people is that they're way less likely to get HIV, so they use the "my anecdotal evidence > facts" fallacy to rationalize it. You're never being too cautious with these issues IMO, there's no such thing as safety overkill when it comes to casual sex.

My friends are all straight males and some of them are also mind blown by the fact that oral sex is not safe sex :p

Kevyt

it can be that.. OR it can be the name of one my favorite electronic music artist!
I don't see how Roxas would tie into diamond mining conflicts in Africa, but Nomura could make it work.

Well, we got it in 2006. It's an eMachines computer, has 2 GB of ram, originally ran on vista but now it's running on Windows 8, and has an intel pentium 4 HT something
it's super weak, it has a hard time running games from the PS2 era.
----
edit: ok i feel really bad about this username now thanks caladrius
this is now my ARTPOP era

PCSX2 Emulator right? That emulator is very CPU intensive. It loves core clock speed so to run demanding games like Boudakai Tenkaichi 3 or Metal Gear Solid 3 you will need a strong CPU. I have a laptop with an i7 3610 Ivy Bridge that struggles running certain games like Tenkaichi 3. Well if you're ever interested in building a gaming PC or have any questions/want to learn more, there's a thread here in Neogaf where other members will help you.

@PC Gamers - I play on PC sometimes, but it's not my only gaming machine. I play on consoles a good bit as well. Steam sales are way too good to pass up sometimes, though.

That's what got me into PC gaming. I saw a bunch of games in a steam sale that I really wanted. I realize my laptop would only be able to play them at lowest settings so I decided to build a gaming PC and voila! PC is my preferred platform.

I probably won't get the game, but you can add me on steam anyway. I need to build up a friends list when my GPU comes in lol. My steam name is the same as my GAF name.

I'll add you. I also don't have a GPU as of now, waiting on a 270 that I bought on ebay to hold me off until my zotac 970 from Amazon which will ship some time in November (hopefully). But I might just cancel it and go with the 270 depending on how good it overclocks. Team Red for now.

There actually are such things as Dental Dams. They're latex dams that can be used for oral sex:

Yep, HIV is not the only STI to worry about... there are many others such as genital warps, HPV, Herpes, and other less known STI's such as Trichomoniasis aka "Trich."
It's things like this that I'm glad I'm a virgin and probably will be for life :p
But what do you guys think about asking your partner/significant other/lover that, before you commit to any type of sexual acts, both of you have a general medical examination including an STI test? Like that would be the safest thing to do if you really want to have sex right?

Grizzo

The thing with straight people is that they're way less likely to get HIV, so they use the "my anecdotal evidence > facts" fallacy to rationalize it. You're never being too cautious with these issues IMO, there's no such thing as safety overkill when it comes to casual sex.

My friends are all straight males and some of them are also mind blown by the fact that oral sex is not safe sex :p

I'm already an hypochondriac so that's not helping the cause, haha. Though I never really got scared after having intercourse. Always used protection, except for oral sex.

I guess it all comes down to whether or not you trust the guy you are in bed with.

There actually are such things as Dental Dams. They're latex dams that can be used for oral sex:

Those look weird. Makes me think of going to the dentist which is not something I want to be thinking of during sex, haha. Plus they can't be of any help during a fellatio can they? Isn't this more for vaginal/anal types of oral sex?

Yep, HIV is not the only STI to worry about... there are many others such as genital warps, HPV, Herpes, and other less known STI's such as Trichomoniasis aka "Trich."
It's things like this that I'm glad I'm a virgin and probably will be for life :p
But what do you guys think about asking your partner/significant other/lover that before you commit to any type of sexual acts, both of you have a general medical examination including an STI test? Like that would be the safest thing to do if you really want to have sex right?

I don't usually ask because I'm worried that might sound rude, which I know is dumb because asking beforehand is not rude, just common sense, but I may be just too self-conscious or something. But most of the time they just ask me so I just to say to give my answer followed by "what about you?".

Bill Reilich, the actor/singer that sometimes appears on The Ellen Show as "Nick the gardener" has landed a role in Magic Mike XXL. Ellen was campaigning really hard to get him in the movie, so it's nice to see it worked out. He seems really pumped about it. And since he looks like this...

ikbuuT2.jpg

It's a no brainer. :)

I feel like the Magic Mike movies are the defining films of our generation.

Monocle

Bill Reilich, the actor/singer that sometimes appears on The Ellen Show as "Nick the gardener" has landed a role in Magic Mike XXL. Ellen was campaigning really hard to get him in the movie, so it's nice to see it worked out. He seems really pumped about it. And since he looks like this...

ikbuuT2.jpg

It's a no brainer. :)

I feel like the Magic Mike movies are the defining films of our generation.
I approve this, hard.

RM8

I'm already an hypochondriac so that's not helping the cause, haha. Though I never really got scared after having intercourse. Always used protection, except for oral sex.

I guess it all comes down to whether or not you trust the guy you are in bed with.
Yeah, in the end everyone is free to set their own "boundaries". Personally, I'll always recommend having protected oral during casual sex since HIV infection is clearly not impossible. I've never had unprotected anything and I feel better this way :3 It's tricky because even if you trust someone, that someone might be engaging in dangerous activities without your knowledge. That's always a possibility :/

red13th

We’ve removed two of the more revealing photos at the request of Reiliech. He wrote to Queerty to inform us the photos were taken years ago and were meant solely for the eyes of his girlfriend. He cited that the controversy might halt the career momentum he’s building lately and, of equal importance, his mother isn’t currently speaking to him. He said that otherwise he wouldn’t mind the exposure

Poor dude, I feel bad for him now. But since the nudes are out he definitely shouldn't wear clothes anymore.

Poor dude, I feel bad for him now. But since the nudes are out he definitely shouldn't wear clothes anymore.

Good god, I mean I understand it's probably disappointing and uncomfortable for parents, but cutting of communication with your son over something like this seems beyond extreme. I suspect most people have nudes in some form or another, and I'd imagine if the tech was around during his mom's generation too, most people around her time would have partook as well.

Good god, I mean I understand it's probably disappointing and uncomfortable for parents, but cutting of communication with your son over something like this seems beyond extreme. I suspect most people have nudes in some form or another, and I'd imagine if the tech was around during his mom's generation too, most people around her time would have partook as well.

mom probably is a strong christian type of mom. i'm sure she'll come around after she watches magic mike.
she should be proud and tell people that she gave birth to that.

I actually don't remember what av I had when I changed names, but I know which one you're talking about. (The Tyler Hoechlin av from Teen Wolf.)

I'll just leave my name change as a (lame) little mystery for now unless anyone gets it. It's not important, but I did use the name for many years before changing it, so I wonder if anyone will remember... @_@
I remember. Started with G and ended with C. You used a Clark avatar, if memory serves. I only know because you had the same avatar but a different name once and I happened to see you post around the name change so I put two and two together.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Diet coke.

Instantly went back to my previous page.

Um... what?
They're national treasures. Required viewing for all gay men.

mom probably is a strong christian type of mom. i'm sure she'll come around after she watches magic mike.
she should be proud and tell people that she gave birth to that.
er, i think shes probably thinks its embarrassing or shameful her son dod that.
Yeah, I didn't mention the nudes because they weren't supposed to be public. They were all over tumblr before word came out about them being stolen/leaked. I feel bad for the guy but he seems to be taking it all in stride which is great. (His mom's attitude is deplorable though.)

I'm also glad that it's not making him shy away from displaying his beautiful body on his own terms. He always comes across as really sweet and funny, so I'm wishing him success. I'm greatly looking forward to his role in Magic Mike XXL.

I remember. Started with G and ended with C. You used a Clark avatar, if memory serves. I only know because you had the same avatar but a different name once and I happened to see you post around the name change so I put two and two together.
Good memory. I've had a plethora of beefy avatars in my tenure at GAF.

First GIF I've made in awhile.

hr56xOt.gif

Who's thirsty?
I'll take a dozen.

That thing looks creepy.
That's a weird way of saying insanely hot. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom