• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Just bought a Wallpaper for my 3DS XL. The Hanafuda one. :)

It probably doesn't transfer to a new 3DS when I buy one but whatever. I had some credits left so I thought why not.

What? Nooooo I swear to you I was totally sincere, El Gato! I do think it's a good idea. Even if it probably won't work if you put it into practice.

People are gonna get mad and call the police or just run away, haha.
Or they just punch me in the groin. 😡

Maybe I should come up with a different plan.

I don't remember who you were exactly but you had a black and white avatar (of a shirtless guy IIRC) when you changed your username.
I actually don't remember what av I had when I changed names, but I know which one you're talking about. (The Tyler Hoechlin av from Teen Wolf.)

I'll just leave my name change as a (lame) little mystery for now unless anyone gets it. It's not important, but I did use the name for many years before changing it, so I wonder if anyone will remember... @_@

Grizzo

I guess what Ratsky means is your sexual orientation, hobbies, interest, favorite games.. just stuff about you in general

what? who can dislike the best Mario character? wtf

wait, are you Young Blade? Did you request a name change?

Edit: ok I just read the rest of the thread

Welcome to your new life!

I requested one at around the same time last year

Just bought a Wallpaper for my 3DS XL. The Hanafuda one. :)

It probably doesn't transfer to a new 3DS when I buy one but whatever. I had some credits left so I thought why not.

What? Oh no, it better should! And I think it will... Everything gets transferred so I don't see why the Home Theme wouldn't :D

But stop wasting money on those themes and start saving up for Smash Bros!!

Golnei

I actually don't remember what av I had when I changed names, but I know which one you're talking about. (The Tyler Hoechlin av from Teen Wolf.)

Oh, that's who it was? That was bothering me for months - I guess it's only to be expected considering all I've seen of the show is three frames of a broken gif.

I found it out with my investigative skills.

(Went to threads you created and looked through to someone quoting you)
That's one way to find out. XD

Oh, that's who it was? That was bothering me for months - I guess it's only to be expected considering all I've seen of the show is three frames of a broken gif.
dG5nYzu.gif

Miles X

My BF of 7 months has left me as his work have offered him career advancment that requires most of his already limited free time. I'm devastated :'(

He said he didn't feel like he was going to fall in love with me (and that he doesn't feel he's ever loved anyway, he's 29 I'm 26) so it's the best thing for both of us.

How do you get over somebody when there was no negativity? We never argued, everytime we saw each other it was amazing. He is the only thing in my life that makes me smile and seeing him was all I looked forward too

Grizzo

My BF of 7 months has left me as his work have offered him career advancment that requires most of his already limited free time. I'm devastated :'(

He said he didn't feel like he was going to fall in love with me (and that he doesn't feel he's ever loved anyway, he's 29 I'm 26) so it's the best thing for both of us.

How do you get over somebody when there was no negativity? We never argued, everytime we saw each other it was amazing. He is the only thing in my life that makes me smile and seeing him was all I looked forward too

It's gonna hurt for a while but all I can say is that it's gonna get better. You're still very young, treat that relationship as a life experience. Maybe it's painful to think about it now but in a couple of years you'll look back on it with a more positive light.

What's good in your situation is that you don't hate each other and you pretty much ended things on good term from what I can gather. So that's always nice.

Stay strong Dynopia!

Miles X

It's gonna hurt for a while but all I can say is that it's gonna get better. You're still very young, treat that relationship as a life experience. Maybe it's painful to think about it now but in a couple of years you'll look back on it with a more positive light.

What's good in your situation is that you don't hate each other and you pretty much ended things on good term from what I can gather. So that's always nice.

Stay strong Dynopia!

Thank you Grizzo. I know I'll be over it one day but right now I don't know what to do with myself, I know it sounds melodramatic but I feel like I've lost the purpose I was living for for the last 6 months. I lived to see him as it's the only thing that made me happy.

We are parting on good terms and I guess that is a good thing, but at the same time also very painful. Just wish he had fallen madly in love with me :(

Grizzo

Thank you Grizzo. I know I'll be over it one day but right now I don't know what to do with myself, I know it sounds melodramatic but I feel like I've lost the purpose I was living for for the last 6 months. I lived to see him as it's the only thing that made me happy.

We are parting on good terms and I guess that is a good thing, but at the same time also very painful. Just wish he had fallen madly in love with me :(

Are you still gonna talk to him on a regular basis? Maybe it's best for you to just distance yourself from him and avoid any kind of interaction with him for a while, because it's just gonna remind you of what could I've been and how good it felt to be with him.

It may be hard in the beginning but I think this could be a smart decision in the long term. You can always contact him again when you feel ready to get over him :)

@PC Gamers - I play on PC sometimes, but it's not my only gaming machine. I play on consoles a good bit as well. Steam sales are way too good to pass up sometimes, though.

I'm so sorry to hear that happened. :( I'm sure you'll meet someone else soon that you'll connect with and make you happy. Saying that doesn't really make it easier for you, I know. :/

Miles X

Are you still gonna talk to him on a regular basis? Maybe it's best for you to just distance yourself from him and avoid any kind of interaction with him for a while, because it's just gonna remind you of what could I've been and how good it felt to be with him.

It may be hard in the beginning but I think this could be a smart decision in the long term. You can always contact him again when you feel ready to get over him :)

Yeah, I always do that after a break up because I can't hack it otherwise, it's like picking at an open wound.

This is my second longest (probably my most meaningful to me) relationship, my previous was 2 years back when I was 20. It took me 2 years to get over that one.

I dated a guy for a month in 2012 and it took me about 4 months (with him contacting me for sex all the time being the reason) to get over him. So I'm absolutely dreading the coming months and how long it will take. I don't want him as a friend, or to have that occasional contact, it's so sad to go from what we have/had to that.

I'm so sorry to hear that happened. :( I'm sure you'll meet someone else soon that you'll connect with and make you happy. Saying that doesn't really make it easier for you, I know. :/

Thank you, aside from some iffy dating before Johnny tho, I was single for 6 years. I thought I found the one who I could go the distance with, was willing to relocate and do anything to make it work.

I just don't think it's worth it anymore, I've never had a guy love me depsite numerous dating/being interested. There must be something about me that is unloveable.

Shy Fingers

Banned
I just don't think it's worth it anymore, I've never had a guy love me depsite numerous dating/being interested. There must be something about me that is unloveable.

I know it is mostly a reaction to the recent events, but that is some poisonous thinking that has got to go. I know it isn't just flipping a switch, but will only be detrimental in the long run.

The most important thing I believe, and tell people, is to learn from past relationships. I watched my father grow through different relationships and it really help put things into perspective for me.

Hang in there buddy, as cliche as it is, time is a great healer in these situations.

alvmew

I dated a guy for a month in 2012 and it took me about 4 months (with him contacting me for sex all the time being the reason) to get over him. So I'm absolutely dreading the coming months and how long it will take. I don't want him as a friend, or to have that occasional contact, it's so sad to go from what we have/had to that.

I know that feel. First relationship lasted about two months and broke up in May, but we kept hanging out
and sleeping together
until early September. I finally cut him out completely
and its been a little difficult to be honest
, but its time to move on.

Hang in there!

RM8

PC > consoles these days. And I'm gaming on an all in one non gaming PC from 2011, lol, it's a myth that you need an uber expensive PC to play games. I've only bought one game that runs like crap on my toaster (Trials Fusion). PC games are so insanely cheap, and indies are the best thing ever. Absurd humble bundles, GOG and its DRM-free goodness, Steam sales, being able to use any controller, cool mods (like shirtless Dante in DmC :3), etc.

The only thing better than PC is 3DS. At least right now consoles are way too expensive for their tiny amount of must have games. IMO of course.

Ty4on

Edit: And dat BC. *Fires up NFS Porsche from 2000 in glorious 1080p*

Still no calls for an interview. Started applying to other places in the meantime. My father's being an ass about the whole deal, I can't wait to shut him up.

Are you actively contacting them? You've probably been told this a million times and it's easier said than done, but showing that you're interested by calling and seeking them up really helps especially when you don't have good connections.

Kater

Banned
PC > consoles these days. And I'm gaming on an all in one non gaming PC from 2011, lol, it's a myth that you need an uber expensive PC to play games. I've only bought one game that runs like crap on my toaster (Trials Fusion). PC games are so insanely cheap, and indies are the best thing ever. Absurd humble bundles, GOG and its DRM-free goodness, Steam sales, being able to use any controller, cool mods (like shirtless Dante in DmC :3), etc.

The only thing better than PC is 3DS. At least right now consoles are way too expensive for their tiny amount of must have games. IMO of course.

Definitely agree. I can play everything from 1970 to 2010 on this laptop, that makes it better than both my 3DS and my Wii U.

Grizzo

The 3DS is slowly but surely turning into one of my favorite console ever. Though I don't think it can ever surpass the N64 in my eyes.

The only reason I play on consoles some now is because of PS Plus (I have DmC on there waiting for me to play, but I'd rather play it on the PC with dat shirtless mod lol) and Nintendo games (Wii U / 3DS). I try to buy most multiplatform games on PC now (especially during a Steam sale). Of course, there are console exclusives that I want and still get.

Currently, I'm playing Okami HD (on PS3).

I know you're really depressed right now, but you can't think like that. I don't know you personally, but I'm sure there are lots of things to love about you. I doubt that guy would have dated you for so long if he didn't like being with you in the first place.

Caladrius

I'm primarily a console + handheld gamer. PC is mostly for those experiences that aren't really available on game systems.

Edit: And dat BC. *Fires up NFS Porsche from 2000 in glorious 1080p*

Are you actively contacting them? You've probably been told this a million times and it's easier said than done, but showing that you're interested by calling and seeking them up really helps especially when you don't have good connections.

I have not, I'm afraid. Mostly because I don't know what I'm supposed to say.
That and I'm not used to having to be pushy about anything.

Ty4on

I have not, I'm afraid. Mostly because I don't know what I'm supposed to say.
That and I'm not used to having to be pushy about anything.

Just ask them if they've read your resume, how things are going with it etc. Being pushy is what they want because that means you're really interested in the job.

I haven't asked my boss, but I think one of the main reasons I got my job was that I visited them and asked to talk to their manager. He wasn't there, but I got his phone number and I don't even remember what I said in that conversation, but then he had a voice connected to my name and my phone number. I don't remember the exact timeline for sending my resume, calling him and attending the interview, but what I really remember is how informal it was. I didn't even know when I got the job because the first thing that happened was he called and asked if I wanted to try it out.

Also I know that feeling :p
My mom works for the local administration here and they seeked young people this summer for maintenance work. While I did eventually send a resume I didn't call them like my mom constantly said I should and ended up not getting it. Again though this story is an example of how informal it is. One person didn't meet up and the frustrated janitor who knew my mom asked her "Didn't you have a son who wanted this summer job?" and then I ended up with some money, probably better connections as well and a wall I can point to and say I painted :p

I live somewhere where it's much easier to find employment though so I don't know how hard it can be. You probably don't think of Sweden when you think of unemployment, but it is very hard not to hear Swedish in Oslo from young Swedes who couldn't find anything at home.

Kater

Banned
The 3DS is slowly but surely turning into one of my favorite console ever. Though I don't think it can ever surpass the N64 in my eyes.
Isn't that mostly Nostalgia goggles at this point? I think the 3DS surpasses the N64 in basically everything technically (specs) and it still has a lot of games that will release on it in the future. And while the N64 has lots of great games, one has to deal with a really low resolution and low frame rate, unlike with the 3DS (Pokemon X & Y being the exception).

Which reminds me, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. comes out next year, finally a successor in the genre that I like most, strategy. 😤

Could you change my username and delete the underscore so that it is simply says "El Gato"? Pretty please? 😽

RM8

3DS is probably my favorite gaming system by now. So many awesome games, I can't believe it managed to outdo my previously favorite system... DS :p

Still no calls for an interview. Started applying to other places in the meantime. My father's being an ass about the whole deal, I can't wait to shut him up.

Nomura x Kojima

Twice the insanity, half the subtlety.

Ouch
nanomachines could explain Xehanort's
time traveling!
why ouch :'(

edit:nvm lol

Berordn

The only thing keeping it from being my favorite handheld at least is me not having a n3DS yet.

PICK UP THE PACE GUYS.

Caladrius

I don't have a clear favorite. Nintendo 64 holds the most sentimental value, Gamecube holds most of my favorite games, 360 and 3DS are tied for favorite multiplayer experiences and the PS2+PS3 are my favorite RPG machines.

Just ask them if they've read your resume, how things are going with it etc. Being pushy is what they want because that means you're really interested in the job.

I haven't asked my boss, but I think one of the main reasons I got my job was that I visited them and asked to talk to their manager. He wasn't there, but I got his phone number and I don't even remember what I said in that conversation, but then he had a voice connected to my name and my phone number. I don't remember the exact timeline for sending my resume, calling him and attending the interview, but what I really remember is how informal it was. I didn't even know when I got the job because the first thing that happened was he called and asked if I wanted to try it out.

Also I know that feeling :p
My mom works for the local administration here and they seeked young people this summer for maintenance work. While I did eventually send a resume I didn't call them like my mom constantly said I should and ended up not getting it. Again though this story is an example of how informal it is. One person didn't meet up and the frustrated janitor who knew my mom asked her "Didn't you have a son who wanted this summer job?" and then I ended up with some money, probably better connections as well and a wall I can point to and say I painted :p

I live somewhere where it's much easier to find employment though so I don't know how hard it can be. You probably don't think of Sweden when you think of unemployment, but it is very hard not to hear Swedish in Oslo from young Swedes who couldn't find anything at home.

I see. The worst it can do is nothing, I suppose.

I did consider making a resume but it hit me that since I have no work experience and I don't even have an after school club or internship to my name it wouldn't look very good.

DTL runs out of the best yaoi tumblrs around...

I've seen it. Hit and Miss, but he has some nice stuff up.

I say that mainly because I took one of his suggestions for an anime (my first to completion no less. and that went... poorly.

nanomachines could explain Xehanort's
time traveling
!

That'd make more sense than what we have now!

Ty4on

I did consider making a resume but it hit me that since I have no work experience and I don't even have an after school club or internship to my name it wouldn't look very good.

You have to start somewhere. You know your life better than I do, but having been on the move a lot is a good excuse and without a resume they'll assume nothing. I didn't have any experience either. Remember that you can use teachers for references and on the bright side you have never been fired from any place :p

Berordn

My first job's resume actually had an assigned group project from school on it, and I managed to prop it up in the interview. You'd be surprised at the shit you can get away with on a CV as long as it sounds good and you can communicate the purpose of it well.

Grizzo

Isn't that mostly Nostalgia goggles at this point? I think the 3DS surpasses the N64 in basically everything technically (specs) and it still has a lot of games that will release on it in the future. And while the N64 has lots of great games, one has to deal with a really low resolution and low frame rate, unlike with the 3DS (Pokemon X & Y being the exception).

Yes it is, but I never denied it... That's why I said "in my eyes" :)

I still buy games for the N64 and I fire it up every year during the fall/winter season to play all the classics (Banjo-Kazooie, Majora's Mask, Perfect Dark, Resident Evil 2...). Actually, I'm gonna dust it off pretty soon as I'm writing those lines.

I know the N64 is pretty much hated on around here, with people repeating endlessly that all it's games haven't aged well at all but... I don't care!

The only thing keeping it from being my favorite handheld at least is me not having a n3DS yet.

PICK UP THE PACE GUYS.

Absolutelyyyyyyy I want one so bad :(

Vazduh

Actually, try thinking about it differently: those guys wouldn't have been with you just for nothing. There IS something likable about you, otherwise they would have left immediately.

Don't give up on yourself, I'm sure you'll find someone who'll love you back. Give yourself some time to get over your ex and it will get better, but try not to put yourself down. Life is hard enough as it is, you deserve to love yourself.

Nohar

I liked the N64. There are some epic games on that console (and some pretty average too - Castlevania, you disappointed me). I spent countless hours on Mario 64, both Zelda, Pokémon Stadium, Banjo-Kazooie and Mario Party (the first one).

It's the controller which I dislike greatly.

... Gosh I want to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate so badly...

Grizzo

I liked the N64. There are some epic games on that console (and some pretty average too - Castlevania, you disappointed me). I spent countless hours on Mario 64, both Zelda, Pokémon Stadium, Banjo-Kazooie and Mario Party (the first one).

It's the controller which I dislike greatly.

... Gosh I want to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate so badly...

I kinda like the N64 controller, but the stick is all worn-out, so that's why I bought this baby:

It's made by Hori and officially licensed by Nintendo. It has a GameCube stick and it's pretty much revolutionary! Gave a brand new life to some N64 games that were downright unplayable otherwise (like those Mario Party mini-games where you have to turn the stick as quick as possible...)

RM8

I also play with a Hori mini! Superb controller. And N64 is awesome even without nostalgia goggles unless you really, really can't stand dated visuals. It has lots of awesome games and that's what makes a system good.

Pepiope

Are you guys getting AC Unity on PC? If so, could I add any of you? I'm interested in trying out the co-op. Also, all this talk about Mash is making me want to get a 3DS just to try it out.

How does one change their username? I would love to change mine... I'm a bit embarrassed of ny username. I chose it because of the movie 300, loved Leonidas and just added a dot at the end, lol.
Dem abs!!
I probably won't get the game, but you can add me on steam anyway. I need to build up a friends list when my GPU comes in lol. My steam name is the same as my GAF name.

Caladrius

You have to start somewhere. You know your life better than I do, but having been on the move a lot is a good excuse and without a resume they'll assume nothing. I didn't have any experience either. Remember that you can use teachers for references and on the bright side you have never been fired from any place :p

My first job's resume actually had an assigned group project from school on it, and I managed to prop it up in the interview. You'd be surprised at the shit you can get away with on a CV as long as it sounds good and you can communicate the purpose of it well.

Duly noted, Thanks. I think I'll write one up tonight. Didn't think to explain the moves. (As a side note, having to fill in 5 addresses for every application is not fun)

I kinda like the N64 controller, but the stick is all worn-out, so that's why I bought this baby:

It's made by Hori and officially licensed by Nintendo. It has a GameCube stick and it's pretty much revolutionary! Gave a brand new life to some N64 games that were downright unplayable otherwise (like those Mario Party mini-games where you have to turn the stick as quick as possible...)

Do they have something bigger? I've got talons for hands

I've been meaning to get 2 or three controllers. Used to have two but one broke within a week of me using it, and I'm not a very violent player.

Dawww this is adorable. Too bad the D-Pad is still in an awkward place, though I imagine it probably doesn't get much use.

So, not to interrupt, and mature discussion incoming I guess, but was curious:

Where do you guys stand on giving oral-sex to casual hook-ups when it comes to safety? Condoms or no condoms? Spit, swallow, or never in the mouth to begin with? I know HIV risks are supposed to be minimal with oral but I'm always really paranoid.

Dany

Banned
I know HIV risks are supposed to minimal with oral but I'm always really paranoid.

It is less with oral but always ask the other person and always condoms..

Oh and no ejaculating in the mouth. Doesn't matter at that point if the person swallows or spits, since the semen is already in the mouth.

RM8

You're not paranoid, as far as I know it's indeed possible to get HIV from unprotected oral. It being less risky than anal doesn't mean a lot when anal is the absolute riskiest sexual practice in terms of HIV infection. Plus there are other STDs that you might want to avoid carrying in your mouth :p

daripad

3DS is the best console just because Smash 4 is great and I needed a mobile Smash since I played Jump Ultimate Stars.

WiiU will be my favorite console at the end of the year though, because Smash U will be the difinitive version
or that's what I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom