• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Staf

Thinking of starting a new run. Will probably make the same choices but i just want to experience the game again.

Fret

Unless they've overhauled things in like the last year, SCEE cert usually takes two weeks.

Edit: Though maybe it's different for "DLC."

"We are applying final touches" could mean anything really. I just doubt it would be delayed by more than 2 weeks, that would be a pretty big deal compared to previous episodes. If it is over 2 weeks, I think that would mean that they're doing some pretty crazy multi timeline stuff.

tomtom94

If I remember correctly the release date for the last two episodes was announced 9 days before. So if we haven't heard by close of play tomorrow then it's probably been delayed until August.

Reedirect

If I remember correctly the release date for the last two episodes was announced 9 days before. So if we haven't heard by close of play tomorrow then it's probably been delayed until August.

Nah, EP3's release date was announced like three days before it dropped.

Nah, EP3's release date was announced like three days before it dropped.

Looking back at my emails, the Episode 3 release date was announced early morning (BST) on May 13th, and the game was released on Steam (and some console regions) on May 19th (0.01 BST). The review/video embargo was dropped at the exact moment of release for everyone. The spoiler filled trailer was released early morning (BST) on May 18th... goddamit Square.

Square seems to provide reviewers/streamers/youtubers with codes the week before released - after the release date is made known. That way, both reviewers and youtubers can get stuff recorded/written ahead of time and streamers can go live the second the embargo is dropped.

So, based on that, Episode Four might go down like this...

Announced on 22nd May
Trailer on 27th May (never watch this)
Released on 28th May

...or move all these dates one week forward until your wishes come true.

MattDoza

Looking back at my emails, the Episode 3 release date was announced early morning (BST) on May 13th, and the game was released on Steam (and some console regions) on May 19th (0.01 BST). The review/video embargo was dropped at the exact moment of release for everyone. The spoiler filled trailer was released early morning (BST) on May 18th... goddamit Square.

Square seems to provide reviewers/streamers/youtubers with codes the week before released - after the release date is made known. That way, both reviewers and youtubers can get stuff recorded/written ahead of time and streamers can go live the second the embargo is dropped.

So, based on that, Episode Four might go down like this...

Announced on 22nd July
Trailer on 27th July (never watch this)
Released on 28th July

...or move all these dates one week forward until your wishes come true.

FTFY ;)

Dr. Buni

So im right handed and just broke my right wrist... is the ps4 version of this game playable with 1 hand ?
I think so. I play it on PC, but with a controller and I can't think of any mechanics in the game that require the use of both hands (except for running).

Tcab96

NH0zEjj.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
God, the wait is killing me. In a good way. Love the community here.

kubus

As far as I know the devs never promised a wait of six weeks between episodes, only that that they were aiming to release every six weeks. Destructoid was the only website that reported that they explicitly promised it, official press releases never mentioned a "promise".

Afro

Do the camera tweaks mess with the games cutscenes?
Yes. If you increase the FoV during gameplay it stays zoomed out during cutscenes, but all you have to do hit F6 to instantly revert back to default. There are some cool alt angles for cutscenes too.

TheAssist

I liked the small touch in ep 3 when chloe's hair szarted to grow out and you could see her natural hair color.
Foreshadowing:O

And now I will try to predict the future, so I can later quote myself:
Many people will be disappointed about the mystery side of the game, since it'll probably get wrapped up pretty quickly towards the end in ep 5. I dont think they thought nearly as much about it as many did in their fan theories.
The game is about the characters, the mystery is simply a story device to get you hooked in the first place and interested after each episode, but its not the primary focus and probably wont be explained very well. If anything you have to read alot into tiny details that are scattered in the environment.
Think of it like Persona or better yet Twinpeaks. The was no big revelation in the end and everything made total sense. Its all about the characters and how they deal with the situaion (here is to hoping for season 3).

Dark_castle

I liked the small touch in ep 3 when chloe's hair szarted to grow out and you could see her natural hair color.
Foreshadowing:O

And now I will try to predict the future, so I can later quote myself:
Many people will be disappointed about the mystery side of the game, since it'll probably get wrapped up pretty quickly towards the end in ep 5. I dont think they thought nearly as much about it as many did in their fan theories.
The game is about the characters, the mystery is simply a story device to get you hooked in the first place and interested after each episode, but its not the primary focus and probably wont be explained very well. If anything you have to read alot into tiny details that are scattered in the environment.
Think of it like Persona or better yet Twinpeaks. The was no big revelation in the end and everything made total sense. Its all about the characters and how they deal with the situaion (here is to hoping for season 3).

Well it's possible there will be a second season that deals more in depth with the mystery.

Ennosuke

I bought this game and expected a good game, but it turned out to be an amazing game. At least I can say that about the first episode. I told my gf "let's try Life is strange" and we played the first episode in one rush and were constantly impresses how awesome the game is. It looks so damn good and that music gives me The OC music vibes, which makes sense since they used some songs from the show.

Fret

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but there seems to be a small black border surrounding the game the whole time. Any reason for this?

That isn't my screenshot, so it isn't just me.

JoshHood

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but there seems to be a small black border surrounding the game the whole time. Any reason for this?

That isn't my screenshot, so it isn't just me.
What platform are you on? Could be your safe zone settings if on PS4.

tinders

So I'm abit LTTP but I've just hammered through all three episodes today.

My god. This game.

The end of episode 3 was absolutely gut wrenching. Can't wait to see where we go from here.

Top Bottom