• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

SomTervo

Just finished episodes 1 and wow, I'm impressed. The game hooked me right after 5 or 10 minutes. Can't believe how good it is. Atmosphere, characters, setting and writing is sooooo goooood. In most games I don't even bother reading journals or character bios, but here I look forward to every one of them.

Also, LiS has probably the best use of licenced music I've seen in videogame by far.

GOTY contender for me, hopefully other episodes are as good as first one. (going right back to Dualshock)

Yeah, Christ, episode 2 alone is where the thing really begins

Share your thoughts and feelings immediately after, please! I need me some second-hand emotion!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...Expecting news by next week, and then either 1-2 weeks after that for release.

I'm actually kind of curious as to what is going on that's 'delaying' this past the initial anticipated date.

It also has an unfortunate consequence of possibly(probably) pushing episode 5 back as well. :/

lumi7890

Hmm...Expecting news by next week, and then either 1-2 weeks after that for release.

I'm actually kind of curious as to what is going on that's 'delaying' this past the initial anticipated date.

It also has an unfortunate consequence of possibly(probably) pushing episode 5 back as well. :/

You know I been thinking, I know the contents of episode 4 (some of five aswell) were leak way back when episode 2 was leak. I wonder if their changing things around from the leaks? I know the wolf among us did this, when everyone kinda of figure out some stuff based on a preview.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dana, she's so light on her feet she's not even denting the bedding.

That's legit.

jrush64

Banned
I gotta be honest, I've lost all enthusiasm for this game. The wait between these episodes is just too damn long.

I'll just get back into it when Episode 5 is released.

tomtom94

I gotta be honest, I've lost all enthusiasm for this game. The wait between these episodes is just too damn long.

fc,550x550,black.jpg

Matush

Yeah, Christ, season 2 alone is where the thing really begins

Share your thoughts and feelings immediately after, please! I need me some second-hand emotion!
Well, just finished episode 2. Ohhh boy. Where to start.

I really liked the slow build-up of the episode,
Kate at the begging in the showers and in her room was rough to watch
. As someone who was (moderatly) bullied in school, this was something I could relate to. Second and Third act
diner and scrapyard
were a little slow for me, and I was ready just to rank this episode lower than the first one. And then final act started.
Whole roof sequence with stopping time and saving Kate (not sure if she can actually die) was heathbreaking.
This is probably the first game after Last of Us, that made ma care for characters.

Also I absolutly love how each episode ends,
I remainds me of Sons of Anarchy, or other shows, where we can see what each characters is doing in their last moments of an episode.
Not sure what to think of cliffhangers just yet, but I love them so far.

Not sure if I want to start episode 3 tonight, or wait with it until episode 4 is released.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, Christ, season 2 alone is where the thing really begins

Wording threw me for a loop. To be clear, they haven't said anything either way about subsequent LiS seasons, right?

Maybe I should have waited a bit more before jumping in. I thought episode 4 was real close to coming out, heh.

Dana is the best dancer for sure. She actually surprised me with how cool she turned out to be, was expecting stereotype for the less important characters when I first started playing this and the game was like "lol nope".

Max and her goofy no-dancing skills are endearing in their own way though. Great character.

FluxWaveZ

Dana is the best dancer for sure. She actually surprised me with how cool she turned out to be, was expecting stereotype for the less important characters when I first started playing this and the game was like "lol nope".

Yeah, Dana's one of the coolest characters in the game and I wasn't expecting her to be written that way.

Gbraga

Episode 2 was up on the same day as Bloodborne
Episode 3 was up on the same day as Witcher 3

...I don't think they mind taking on bigger games!

Yep, which is the reason why I only finished Episode 2 this sunday, and will start Episode 3 this week, despite being there day one for episode 1. I don't really mind, though, episode 1 was still fresh in my mind.

Gbraga

. As someone who was (moderatly) bullied in school, this was something I could relate to. Second and Third act
diner and scrapyard
were a little slow for me, and I was ready just to rank this episode lower than the first one. And then final act started.
Whole roof sequence with stopping time and saving Kate (not sure if she can actually die) was heathbreaking.
This is probably the first game after Last of Us, that made ma care for characters.

I remainds me of Sons of Anarchy, or other shows, where we can see what each characters is doing in their last moments of an episode.

Not sure if I want to start episode 3 tonight, or wait with it until episode 4 is released.

Major episode 2 spoilers:

She can die, and she did in my game. It's absolutely heartbreaking, it was such an intense experience. From the moment she first jumps and you keep rewinding time in vain, trying to change something, you start to feel tense, you don't know what to do, and then TOKI WO TOMARE. Well, shit, a new power, awesome, I win, right? No, not really. At least in my game, it was a true tragedy in the purest sense of the word. Not even stopping time itself was enough to save her, and all I got was a different view from the same scene I've seen so many times.

I'm really glad this can happen, though, after they approach so many serious stuff, especially with Kate's situation, it would be shitty if a happy ending was the only way, and they were only using the suicide as a setup for Max to power up her stand.

I didn't cry or anything, I wasn't that attached to Kate, I guess, but man, I don't think I've ever felt this way when playing a game before. I felt like complete shit. You know those cliche scenes where the hero tries to save someone, fails and blame themselves, and then a supporting character tells him/her "It's not your fault"? I could never relate to that, I understood the scene and the emotions involved, but it was never really relatable, until now. I didn't need anyone to tell me shit to start blaming myself. It took all my strength to stop myself to going back a save and googling what I should do, but I really want to stick with the consequences for these choice-based games. Then Warren tried to comfort me, "you know it's not your faul", he said, or something like that, but in my head I was thinking "yes, yes it is". You start to think about "maybe if I paid more attention, if I cared more." I even read the messages from her family, but I guess I didn't care enough to remember exactly who said what.

Episode 2 was devastating, I won a new power, I'm DIO now, that's fucking awesome, but even that wasn't enough to make a difference. I'm possibly the most powerful person in the world, and yet I felt powerless.

It was a truly magnificent moment that I don't think I can ever forget.

I also really love how they put the "identify yourself with the issues presented here? Visit xxxxx to find a support group near you", or something along those lines. They really go deep into heavy personal issues in this game, and I love that they don't take any of it lightly, they fully understand that even if their game can make people suffering from it feel better, maybe even motivate them, it might also not be enough, and they encourage people to seek help.

I started replaying through episode 3 in preparations for episode 4 and I completely forgot
that you can injure (possibly kill) Frank's dog.
That really messed me up when I seen
9%
of people chose it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I should finish the episodes of The Dream Machine. Such a great game.

Fret

I don't see how people can lose all enthusiasm for something when its delayed a little bit, I'm hyped for Tales From The Borderlands Episode 4 even though that's going to come out in over 3 months

Fret

Im still waiting for this to be finished so that i may complete it all at once. One day my friends.

You're missing out, seeing everyone's reactions to each episode (especially Episode 3) on release day is very entertaining, it's half the fun

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You're missing out, seeing everyone's reactions to each episode (especially Episode 3) on release day is very entertaining, it's half the fun

Yep. Having all the episodes in one day would kind of reduce its impact on me. Episode 2 left me thinking for weeks. Episode 3 did that again, it still gets me thinking.

SomTervo

diner and scrapyard

Yeah, I'd say save episode 3 for pre-episode 4.

Also, Kate can
die. She did in my game.
It was fucking devastating. And I mean really, really devastating. My GF and I were having emotional outbursts for two weeks after.

Wording threw me for a loop. To be clear, they haven't said anything either way about subsequent LiS seasons, right?

Maybe I should have waited a bit more before jumping in. I thought episode 4 was real close to coming out, heh.

Lol fuck, really sorry about that. Rushed the post out at work.

Meant to say 'Episode 2' and have edited it.

See, I actually dislike this thing, and I wish we could turn it off like in TWD. The narrative's internal logic should dictate whether things will have consequences or not. We should be able to work that out for ourselves.

The same thing really pissed me off in The Wolf Among Us, but in the end that turned out to be compelling anyway.

Ruff

I hate everyone who bumps this thread. I always think they sneak released E4 on the down low.

Now you will feel my dashed hopes.

On that note, I need my LiS fix, it feels like forever. I want to try out the different paths you can take but I told myself I'm going to do a full run with no peeking at the other outcomes.

Top Bottom