• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

jakomocha

Second review also up, this one is from Metro. Iirc, they liked episodes 1-3, however they gave Episode 4 a 6/10. Hopefully their opinion is uncommon, although I have noticed that the fourth episode of a lot of episodic games tends to be the weakest (TWAU, TWD S1 & 2). Hopefully this trend doesn't continue with LiS.
Here's the summary of their review:
Metro said:
A hugely disappointing penultimate episode, but if you enjoyed the first three it’s still nowhere near enough to put you off from following things through to the end

cancel the vaca and head on home kid
Maybe the distance is too great or he's not alone. "Sorry everybody, I need my gaming fix, we're going home." Next thing he's in the doghouse.
I cancelled the vacation. Eh, I could always fly back out here again, I only have one chance to play LiS on release date.
JK, but I hope you guys enjoy the fourth episode :D.

Steamlord

OQge07q.png

existence is pain

Holy fucking shit.

No. I can't.

WHAT.

NO.

Holy shit, Dontnod.

If this what I heard it was rumoured to be, there's a good chance I an going to.he in tears when I am finished this episode.

I did hear about a rumoured spoiler which is a real gut punch if true.

Luigi87

OMG, I figured out why the game wouldn't load for me... But I don't know why!

If I set my Default Speakers to my Headset, as I planned to play with that on, the game crashes trying to load.
If I have the Default Speakers set to my PC's speakers, the game loads fine.

carlsojo

*Pokes head in thread*

Is this worth checking out? Looking for something to play and I'm between this, Journey (don't hurt me, PS4 is my first Sony system) and Ethan Carter. GAF, Some guidance would be appreciated.

It's a top contender for my GOTY depending on how they tie it all up in Episode 5. I think this game would fit in nicely with the other two you mentioned.

PSN is usually so slow. I start the DL and go to bed. it says it will be up in 10 min. Fuck you PSN. I'm going to sleep. Have fun guys, I'll join the party tomorrow morning

*Pokes head in thread*

Is this worth checking out? Looking for something to play and I'm between this, Journey (don't hurt me, PS4 is my first Sony system) and Ethan Carter. GAF, Some guidance would be appreciated.

Journey is a must imo if you're interested. One of my favorites of all time. If for whatever reason you can only get one though this would last you longer.

Labrys

Steam told me it finished downloading but when I went to play it sent me to pay for Dark Room, it turns out Steam just needed to be reset. Waiting anxiously for 4 to download now!

Dreez

Thanks for the input! Despite protests from my wallet, I bought all three. On average, how long is each chapter?

About 2-3 hours each. I just started episode 4 and have put in almost 9 hours so far.

I'm considering bailing on the Tetris run in SGDQ 2015 to play more but on the other hand that first portion was INTENSE so I could use a break.

Rarius

Videogames don't make me cry. Life is Strange has made me cry, and I'm only about 45 minutes into this episode, I've probably cried twice.

What is wrong with me.

Top Bottom