• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

aranth

Meh, crashing like pretty much everyone with a BEX error. It's too late to waste time troubleshooting so I'll just try again tomorrow after work.

ffxRgkL.jpg

hyyyypeeee

Persona7

Banned
I regret deleting my save to start over so soon to the release date.

I need to finish episode 2 and then restart 3. At least everything will be fresh.

M.Steiner

Just finished downloading it on PC.
Probably won't finish it tonight since it's late but gonna play a bit before I head to bed. In I go...

Nzyme32

So that list of times was wrong in indicating that Steam users in the UK would have to wait till 1pm. We got it at 12am, seemingly as usual

jakomocha

The first (afaik) review is up. 9/10.
Two things of note in the review:
IBTimes said:
Where it goes doesn't disappoint. In fact episode four isn't just the best so far, it's a sign that Dontnod are onto something truly remarkable. If the finale can match episode four's great pace and excellent plotting, then Life Is Strange will surely be a classic.
IBTimes said:
Episode four is also the meatiest episode to date, in terms of length and the density of its narrative. There's a lot going on, but it never feels overwhelming and there's a sense of ease to everything – helped by the dreamlike, Twins Peak-inspired feel.

I can't believe I have to wait another week till I can play (I'm on vacation). I need it now, lol.

*Pokes head in thread*

Is this worth checking out? Looking for something to play and I'm between this, Journey (don't hurt me, PS4 is my first Sony system) and Ethan Carter. GAF, Some guidance would be appreciated.

Gbraga

*Pokes head in thread*

Is this worth checking out? Looking for something to play and I'm between this, Journey (don't hurt me, PS4 is my first Sony system) and Ethan Carter. GAF, Some guidance would be appreciated.

Did you play Telltale's The Walking Dead? Did you enjoy it? Did you watch Twin Peaks? Did you enjoy it?

If you answered yes or no or maybe to any of those questions, get Life is Strange.

Journey is amazing too, but you've waited a long time already, you can wait some more, get into the Life is Strange hype train to discuss it with us while it's still going.

Shahadan

I want to start this game SO MUCH but I need to wait for the last episode to be released.
I bought the whole series months ago. So close, yet so far, and unknown, last release date ;_;

I want to start this game SO MUCH but I need to wait for the last episode to be released.
I bought the whole series months ago. So close, yet so far, and unknown, last release date ;_;

You're robbing yourself and increasing the chances of the story being spoiled by waiting until episode five.

*Pokes head in thread*

It's a lovely game. If you enjoy narrative-driven games you'll probably really like it.

Luigi87

Okay so launching the game's Safe Mode, exiting then launching normally fixed it for me.

Huh.

Edit: Not working again.
</headdesk>

*Pokes head in thread*

Absolutely 100%. It is near the top of my favorite games this year and is perhaps the most engaging narrative game I've played in a VERY long time. If the last two episodes land the ending properly, then it might among my favorite games of all time.

Top Bottom