• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Mista

Banned
He did better wording at it than you and calling people idiots wont keep you here for long on gaf. Be more respectful of the users if you want respect.

I hate the kind of people who doesnt respect other people's opinions no matter how much they're different from them. I edited my post.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I hate the kind of people who doesnt respect other people's opinions no matter how much they're different from them. I edited my post.

Good and just because they are disrespectful it is not a reason to insult them because that behavior can get you banned around here. If people are insulting you or disrespecting you should perhaps take it to a mod or put those users on ignore list.

Mista

Banned
Good and just because they are disrespectful it is not a reason to insult them because that behavior can get you banned around here. If people are insulting you or disrespecting you should perhaps take it to a mod or put those users on ignore list.

Indeed. Thank you and I apologize on my behalf :)

Bit-Bit

Started and beat episode one this morning.

I freakin love everything about this game. The art, music, and just overall vibe of the town is amazing. Cannot wait to see where this goes.

Vuze

The art and music in this game is soooo fantastic. Haven't beaten Episode 1 yet, but I will most likely get the season pass thingie once episode 2 release date is announced.

Also, I bet I'm not the first to post sth like this but I couldn't resist :D
http://webmup.com/LBI4f/vid.webm

I was kinda suprised how chilled Max is about her new super-power but apart from that everything's fine so far.

Why is the Season Pass $20 on the xbone and $17 on the PS4? I was going to get it on the Bone but now I am thinking of holding off, or just getting it on the PS4.

I'm a fan of the "Telltale format". I really like this game, music is great, art is great, story is great. My only regret is that I
did not take a photo of the security guard bullying
. I really, really feel like that is going to bite me in future.

Kinsei

Banned
Why is the Season Pass $20 on the xbone and $17 on the PS4? I was going to get it on the Bone but now I am thinking of holding off, or just getting it on the PS4.

Cause there are 2 season passes. One that gives you all 5 episodes and one that only gives you episodes 2-5. The one that gives you all 5 episodes isn't up on PSN in NA yet so what you're seeing is the one that doesn't come with the first episode.

Mista

Banned
I'm a fan of the "Telltale format". I really like this game, music is great, art is great, story is great. My only regret is that I

You mean
when he was bullying the little girl in the school or at Chloe's place?

Vuze

I did at first, but felt sorry so I rewind. But yeah, wish I could've done both.

jediyoshi

I love this game. It is very refreshing to play something like this. I had taken a long break from games like this which were from Telltale. However, this is running on Unreal Engine 4 and it is gorgeous. I like the story and the rewind mechanic, which reminds me of Remember Me (their previous game) and their memory remix mechanic which was the best thing about that game along with the story and art direction.

Still running on UE3. It's funny, you can find sensen references in the game's files as well.

delSai

I felt good picking the other choice, but yeah, that's definitely going to've consequences.

Cause there are 2 season passes. One that gives you all 5 episodes and one that only gives you episodes 2-5. The one that gives you all 5 episodes isn't up on PSN in NA yet so what you're seeing is the one that doesn't come with the first episode.
Ah. Okay. Thanks for the swift response. Now I'll look to picking it up after I finish D4.

Listening to the soundtrack by itself.... oh my god I love this game. Hell I can't wait for more episodes just to see what's gonna be on soundtrack.

RE_Player

Picked up the first episode on PS4. Very interested in spending the night playing it. How long does it take if someone is taking their time trying to look at and experience everything?

RetroMG

So, how dark is the game so far? My wife loves point and click/Telltale style games, but isn't into a lot of violence or sexual content. (For example, Heavy Rain was not a good choice.) Trying to decide if this is a game we're going to be able to play together or if I should do this one solo.

jediyoshi

So, how dark is the game so far? My wife loves point and click/Telltale style games, but isn't into a lot of violence or sexual content. (For example, Heavy Rain was not a good choice.) Trying to decide if this is a game we're going to be able to play together or if I should do this one solo.

Definitely, at least it's lighter than any of Telltale's games post Walking Dead S1. Nothing you wouldn't find in a Lifetime movie.

Mista

Banned

No blood and violence so far. She can play it for sure. Its a game about a high school girl who can rewind time. So yeah, let your wife go for it.

No blood and violence so far. She can play it for sure. Its a game about a high school girl who can rewind time. So yeah, let your wife go for it.

I wouldn't go that far, opening has a girl getting shot. Even still it's very relaxed mostly, it's easily one of those go to "games aren't all violence" kinda things to go to.

Certinty

Barely any violence and even then what is violent is hardly graphic. There is a bit of sexual talk and what not, but it's nothing over the top and they're teenagers afterall.

Ok so i think i got all the photography names and references. I'll spoiler it just in case.

In the classroom the teacher and Victoria discuss Diane Arbus, Robert Frank (and his beat writer friend Jack Kerouac), Louis Daguerre (plus daguerreotypes) and Robert Cornelius. In the classroom still, you can examine the books and Max will reference The Decisive Moment by Henri Cartier-Bresson, Annie Leibovitz, Eugene Smith and Richard Avedon (to whom Victoria is compared by Max). Outside the school if you talk to the portfolio kid whose name i can't remember, he asks Max who took The Falling Soldier. The options are Robert Capa, Robert Doisneau (the texture for the books has one with "Doisneau" written on the spine, Max doesn't actually note that on the classroom, but does so in her room), Eugene Smith and Steve McCurry. In Max's Dorm room, there are few new names. She has books from Bresson, Doisneau, and who i imagine to be David Hamilton? I can't think of any other Hamilton, but maybe my brain is failing. Image searching David Hamilton is NOT sfw and you coworkers will think you are a pedophile if they catch you. So don't. Next to her laptop, when she examines the book she'll reference Philip-Lorca diCorcia and Julia Margaret Cameron. I think that is all.

It's a strange mishmash of very different people, and not really representative of classics or masters as the characters seem to think. But it is a broad list that touches on very different schools of photography. Also the rangefinder camera model that is almost everywhere seems to be a facsimile of the silver Leica M9, except with a blue rather than red dot.

Mista

Banned
I hope second episode changes my mind because I got bored in the first.

I wouldn't go that far, opening has a girl getting shot. Even still it's very relaxed mostly, it's easily one of those go to "games aren't all violence" kinda things to go to.

Its minor violence not something you dont see in movies and out of usual

Not dark at all. Explicit language, some minor violence. That's about it.

Ok so i think i got all the photography names and references. I'll spoiler it just in case.

In the classroom the teacher and Victoria discuss Diane Arbus, Robert Frank (and his beat writer friend Jack Kerouac), Louis Daguerre (plus daguerreotypes) and Robert Cornelius. In the classroom still, you can examine the books and Max will reference The Decisive Moment by Henri Cartier-Bresson, Annie Leibovitz, Eugene Smith and Richard Avedon (to whom Victoria is compared by Max). Outside the school if you talk to the portfolio kid whose name i can't remember, he asks Max who took The Falling Soldier. The options are Robert Capa, Robert Doisneau (the texture for the books has one with "Doisneau" written on the spine, Max doesn't actually note that on the classroom, but does so in her room), Eugene Smith and Steve McCurry. In Max's Dorm room, there are few new names. She has books from Bresson, Doisneau, and who i imagine to be David Hamilton? I can't think of any other Hamilton, but maybe my brain is failing. Image searching David Hamilton is NOT sfw and you coworkers will think you are a pedophile if they catch you. So don't. Next to her laptop, when she examines the book she'll reference Philip-Lorca diCorcia and Julia Margaret Cameron. I think that is all.

It's a strange mishmash of very different people, and not really representative of classics or masters as it the characters seem to claim. But it is a broad list that touches on very different schools of photography. Also the rangefinder camera model that is almost everywhere seems to be a facsimile of the silver Leica M9, except with a blue rather than red dot.

Yeah, game is a good intro to me learning stuff about the photography and art world. Maybe the Hamilton is the dude who wrote the biography for Doisneau, Peter Hamilton?

Love the Man Ray reference.
ibp1UdzlbWIab3.jpg

13randO

Oh man, Thanks so much for this.

After playing the first episode, I'm really hopeful for the other episodes of this game. Sure there were a few inconsistencies with the time powers I mean,
why can't you just rewind time to throw the spliff out of the window, then run back into the closet? Also, why is your position during time travel reset in some situations, but not others?
but the way that the game allows you to rewind choices during is pretty refreshing. I'm also fond of how they tried to make the game more familiar (sometimes almost to a fault. I mean, they need to chill with the use of the word 'hella'). Also, this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q62k16RHSsk

Buying that season's pass with no regrets.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh man, Thanks so much for this.

After playing the first episode, I'm really hopeful for the other episodes of this game. Sure there were a few inconsistencies with the time powers I mean,
why can't you just rewind time to throw the spliff out of the window, then run back into the closet? Also, why is your position during time travel reset in some situations, but not others?
but the way that the game allows you to rewind choices during is pretty refreshing. I'm also fond of how they tried to make the game more familiar (sometimes almost to a fault. I mean, they need to chill with the use of the word 'hella'). Also, this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q62k16RHSsk

Buying that season's pass with no regrets.

Probably Max in the situation didn't think of doing it since she was nervous. Afterall we are just playing with the things that comes to her mind. Better be hella ready for the next episode. Are you cereal bro?

Dr. Buni

Absolutely loved the first episode. Can't wait for the next one! Until then, I will try to finish everything there is in the first episode (the photos, etc).

--R

Banned
I just beat the first episode. I'm in love with this game, everything is marvellous, The music, the art, the characters... Even the "Easter Egg" to FF: The Spirits Within is cool.

I can't wait to play the next episode, it's going to be a looooong wait.

Oh, yes, choices:
Hid the Truth, Comforted Victoria, helped Kate and stayed hidden in the closet. I should had told the truth to the principal, tho.

Mista

Banned
I just beat the first episode. I'm in love with this game, everything is marvellous, The music, the art, the characters... Even the "Easter Egg" to FF: The Spirits Within is cool.

I can't wait to play the next episode, it's going to be a looooong wait.

Oh, yes, choices:
Hid the Truth, Comforted Victoria, helped Kate and stayed hidden in the closet. I should had told the truth to the principal, tho.

Wont change anything
The kids family runs the town so even if you did say the truth the principle cant do anything

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't know what happened in this thread about opinions and calling people idiots and what not.

For me, I don't care what anyone says. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is one of the best animated Sci Fi films ever.

Top Bottom