• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Awesome start! I enjoyed it a lot. I wish there are more games like this.
Am I the only one who thinks it's going to get Twin Peaksy in the later episodes? It has that supernatural horror feel written all over it: Shining, Twin Peaks and such little hints written all over the game. I liked Max. Quiet, shy, geeky, intelligent... she's a fine character.

Also, where was that Dana's pregnancy test? 92% missed it. :)

Going to buy the 2-5 pack right now!

delSai

Shake your boney white ass!
Dance you hippie!

I actually loved that scene lol

Awesome start! I enjoyed it a lot. I wish there are more games like this.
Am I the only one who thinks it's going to get Twin Peaksy in the later episodes? It has that supernatural horror feel written all over it: Shining, Twin Peaks and such little hints written all over the game. I liked Max. Quiet, shy, geeky, intelligent... she's a fine character.

Also, where was that Dana's pregnancy test? 92% missed it. :)

Going to buy the 2-5 pack right now!

The test was in front of her Desk, in a small box. Also, we didn't miss it. We felt bad after she took it away from us, rewinded time and didnt pick it up.

And yeah, Max could become one of my favorite Characters if Dontnod don't fuck it up.

The test was in front of her Desk, in a small box. Also, we didn't miss it. We felt bad after she took it away from us, rewinded time and didnt pick it up.

And yeah, Max could become one of my favorite Characters if Dontnod don't fuck it up.

Ok! I thought everyone missed it. Well, now I'm part of that 2%. :)

Afrocious

Also I should probably finish Episode 1. I only got as far as the second yard after the one where you meet that girl who has a drone.

I think I was heading toward the dormitories.

It's interesting, the writing was outdated sometimes, but I know someone who probably says "hella" more than Chloe. So like a lot of things YMMV. I don't think I would cringe as much if I heard someone actually saying most of the script, but somehow knowing that someone wrote the script makes it feel awkward. But I do know I have shaken my head in amazement at what some people say.

Koozek

Looks and sounds like such a refreshing game! Will play it when the whole season is out someday. How long do you think will it roughly take between new episodes?

Just finished it in one sitting and got the urge to write some impression. I was expecting something good, got something great, I absolutely loved it.

The presentation is great, nice art direction and use of the Unreal Engine, they really nailed the atmosphere, the whole game is bathed in a somewhat sweet nostalgia. The characters are likable, writing is good/great and story is promising.
And rewind is really smart from a game design standpoint, they actually turned the common "save/load to explore other choices" into a real game mechanic.

I played the PS4 version and it took me around 4 hours to complete. Definitely looking forward to next chapters. Congratulations to the team, amazing job!

Best line lol

I'm kind of mad I didn't be a dick to Victoria, she's probably just terrible to you either way right?

If you comfort her she doesn't post the picture on Facebook and she sends you a text saying something like "Thanks, but we're not friends ok?"

I've really enjoyed Episode 1, I can't wait for March now. I'm going to buy the full season as soon as I get some money on my PSN account.

EDIT: oh wait, I'm dumb and I misread your comment :p Yeah,
I guess she won't be nice to Max at all anyway, but you never know.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Best line lol

I'm kind of mad I didn't be a dick to Victoria, she's probably just terrible to you either way right?

She sends you a text later telling you that you guys aint friends so she might continue to be a bitch.

Chariot

Victoria:
I may watching too much anime, but I comforted her and got her reaction and text as a bit of tsundere instead of her still being hostile. "It's not like we're friends or anything!!" What she did with that Quarterback was very shitty, but I think that she got a good core.

GavinUK86

The text
from Victoria saying you're not friends or anything seemed like she was just keeping up appearances and she might actually be a nice person under the facade

Vazra

The text
from Victoria saying you're not friends or anything seemed like she was just keeping up appearances and she might actually be a nice person under the facade

Oh well I have the second playthrough mocking her ass anyway.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I actually loved that scene lol

You can talk to her after the rewind, and ask her about it as a rumor, and then proceed to hear her out about what happened.

The dialogue reminds me of the movie juno or clueless, where it's so wrong it's actually kind of endearing.

No secret I love this game, this might have been one of the biggest surprises in a games quality for me in awhile. If the future episodes are are good as the first I think I'm already looking at one of my favorite games of the year.

Gbraga

I never even tried looking at it. I can rewind time, but that doesn't make me an asshole. Why would you mess with other people's crap?

Didn't touch anything in Victoria's room either, aside from the computer that I needed to in order to complete the quest.

I've seen people criticizing things like how obvious Kate made her suicidal tendencies in her notebook. Well, it's her personal notebook, why were you reading it?

It actually kinda bothers me that we do have the option (and sometimes are encouraged) to go around touching everything in someone else's place.

I do appreciate that the game acknowledges that it is a bit weird, though,
with Chloe saying something like "still the same Max" when you say you couldn't resist looking into her stepdad's stuff.

Choomp

Banned
She sends you a text later telling you that you guys aint friends so she might continue to be a bitch.

Yep, that's what happened to me. I originally told her to hold her pose but when I got the consequences notification I re-did it, so I was pretty annoyed when she was still mad at me.

GavinUK86 said:
The text
from Victoria saying you're not friends or anything seemed like she was just keeping up appearances and she might actually be a nice person under the facade.

Yeah, I suspect that too.

Going to playthrough again today, do some more exploring, talking and stuff now that I got all the hidden pictures. I'm so glad this game has the option were you can start from any episode you want, I know that should be somewhat of an expected feature, but in this case I'm really excited to get back to certain parts of the game.

Corpekata

Banned
Victoria is awful. Even if she might be less evil to you she's going around screwing with other character's lives for fun. She deserves no comfort.

Game does a really good job of making some really easy to hate characters.

Kinsei

Banned

Did you talk to her about it after rewinding time? She's not pregnant anymore.

Choomp

Banned
Can't stop listening to "To All of You". Soundtracks so fucking good.

I love the song now. At first when I listened to it, I thought it was just a good way of starting the game and introducing Max, but I'm genuinely enjoying the song now.

fernoca

Did you talk to her about it after rewinding time? She's not pregnant anymore.
In my case I did. What was weird was that
if you pick the test after it anyway, she still gets pissed off even though you both just talked about it. Was expecting a new line of dialog.

ike_

Seems like Victoria
is being set up as a pivotal character to do some nasty backstabbing but eventually have a change of heart.

Anyway, nice to get a game of this style in an original universe. The melodrama feels a little too cheesy at parts but still better than most.

Will be double dipping on console to make those bizarro choices.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Im going full douche on the second file so duh. Also saw the pregnancy test, broke the snowglobe etc. #UnapologeticBitch

I made fun of veronica, took the picture of Katy, grabbed the pregnancy test, messed with the images, broke the snow globe, left the files in oil. I did everything I could to be a messy person and to piss people off in the future.

Vazra

I made fun of veronica, took the picture of Katy, grabbed the pregnancy test, messed with the images, broke the snow globe, left the files in oil. I did everything I could to be a messy person and to piss people off in the future.
That shall be a fun playthrough.

Chariot

I almost hope for the irony that this is the path to the true ending or something :D

Maybe.
Can anyone that let the bird die check and see whether or not the bird shows up on the rock?

About the blue bird
it's not the same if you let it die at Chloe's parents room because one still shows up on top of the rock near the Lighthouse
!

Here's a video I made about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Lt3jzHZw4

Made another video about the bird flock (possibly being the same) from the school to the one in Chloe's backyard, just random and not related to a choice but like the continuity of scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2KyvcWZFpk

ibivp9ssAyXRRQ.jpg

didnt like it as much as walking dead or wolf among us. stories and characters make or break these sorts of games and i didnt care for either in this episode

delSai

didnt like it as much as walking dead or wolf among us. stories and characters make or break these sorts of games and i didnt care for either in this episode
It's the other way around for me, atleast if i compare Walking Dead to this game, haven't played Wolf Among Us. Are you going togive the second episode a chance or are you done with the game?

Bayonettas avatar is great. If i find a male character i like alot i'll join the Life is Strange avatar train.

Aaron D.

Try looking at the direction of the photo. (First time felt weird) Left Click and move to pick your choice.

Sorry, click and hold LMB, move to prompt, release.

I think someone on my friends list last night had the issue as well.

Thanks for the help, gang. I didn't realize that the object interface menu works like a radial dial around the circle. I was trying to drag my mouse pointer all the way down to the object (Polaroid on her desk) instead of simply hovering over the interact text floating above the circle itself. It becomes more apparent when you get multiple interact options on a single item.

Anyway, I'm completely in love with this game. The presentation, atmosphere and tone are incredible. Lip-syncing is an utter failure, but outside of that everything is aces.

We need more games like this. Titles that feel intimate and genuine, the characters quiet and real. Is so damn refreshing in an industry that feels built on Micheal Bay bombast & urgency.

Thank god for indies and the digital distribution avenue. There simply no way titles like this would exist if we were stuck with a $60 disc-media market model.

It's the other way around for me, atleast if i compare Walking Dead to this game, haven't played Wolf Among Us. Are you going togive the second episode a chance or are you done with the game?

Bayonettas avatar is great. If i find a male character i like alot i'll join the Life is Strange avatar train.

yes i plan on buying all the episdoes, i just dont like it as much as the telltale games

I love this game. It is very refreshing to play something like this. I had taken a long break from games like this which were from Telltale. However, this is running on Unreal Engine 4 and it is gorgeous. I like the story and the rewind mechanic, which reminds me of Remember Me (their previous game) and their memory remix mechanic which was the best thing about that game along with the story and art direction.

Mista

Banned
After reading your comment I would recommend to skip the game. Talking won't be less since that's one of the main focus of the game. Pace can or can't get faster, there's a chance, and graphics won't evolve further from that beautiful painting art design. You should skip it.

I will give it a chance with the second episode

Skip it. Seems like it's a waste of your money, the game wont change much, talking is the main thing of it.

Will give it a chance with the second episode. Talking in Telltale games were interesting actually

Do you not typically play adventure games?

I know right? It's not even 60fps. What garbage. Talking is boring.

Another deluded people thinks they're the only hardcore gamers. Walk on

I played all Telltale episodic games and they were fun and LOVED them all even the talking gets you in the game but in Life is Strange its boring. Deal with it! Your kind needs to respect other people's opinions.

yes i plan on buying all the episdoes, i just dont like it as much as the telltale games

Better edit your post before these deluded "hardcore" attacks you. Cause obviously there isnt such thing in their world called "Respecting opinions"

Vazra

Better edit your post before these deluded "hardcore" idiots attacks you. Cause obviously there isnt such thing in their world called "Respecting opinions"

He did better wording at it than you and calling people idiots wont keep you here for long on gaf. Be more respectful of the users if you want respect.

Top Bottom