• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Myggen

It's more subtle but it's similar to Remember Me in that way, in that it feels a bit off here and there, in a way that a non native speaker maybe wouldn't pick up on.

Reminds me Giant Bomb complaining about the accents in Dead Rising (and David Cage games for that matter) being wrong, when that's something that as a non native speaker you likely wouldn't notice at all.

It doesn't help that "hip" teen lingo has a very short shelf-life. Something like 'YOLO' which was OK for about a week, then ironically funny for about another, and the week after that you wanted to punch people in the face that still used it.

This is very true. But one point about David Cage games, Heavy Rain's accents especially are so bad (the kid, holy shit...) that even I as a Norwegian had no problems picking up on it. I just can't understand how they picked people with such a French accent to voice some of the Americans in that game, especially for such a big budget thing. David Cage works in mysterious, awful ways I guess.

Coconut

Banned
Is anyone else sorta unclear about the age of the characters in the story? I'm sure it says it somewhere but I couldn't tell if they were sophomore/juniors in high school or freshmen in college.

Violet_0

Banned
Started playing it today. Reminds me of a Telltale game - but with much, much better graphics.

and higher production values, larger explorable areas with more stuff to find and like twice the length of a typical Telltale episode. And the TV-show style epilogue (think Broadchurch) was just hype

can you go back and change some decisions/talk to people in the collector mode? I missed some stuff in the second area because of the automatic transition

oh, and I hope that in future episodes you can eventually rewind a whole day and change the outcomes of events with your newly acquired knowledge. Kind of like Majora's Mask, in a way :)

ike_

Is anyone else sorta unclear about the age of the characters in the story? I'm sure it says it somewhere but I couldn't tell if they were sophomore/juniors in high school or freshmen in college.

It has to be college right? That was my assumption with there being dorms and all.

Mista

Banned

I know that Max is 18 if it helps

Chariot

Wont change anything
The kids family runs the town so even if you did say the truth the principle cant do anything
Btw.
what happens if you don't snitch on him? Then he doesn'T have a reason to attack you in the parking lot. Or is then taking the information from the ripped photograph?

Dantis

Just finished episode 1. Really, really impressed. First time I've gone in blind on a downloadable title and actually felt it to be worthwhile in a long time.

It does so many things right. I hope the rest of it maintains the same level of quality.

Random question though: Did anyone else dislike Chloe?

Dantis

I appreciate that she's had a shit life, but she's not someone that I would want to spend my spare time with.

Also the ending scene was so excellent. Kinda feels like a more natural episodic thing than TellTale's games.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Unbiased opinion :D
Like you hella know it!

I appreciate that she's had a shit life, but she's not someone that I would want to spend my spare time with.
She is an outcast. Sure she does some morally wrong things but at the same time with the things she is going through and what happened to her it makes sense for her to be the way she is. She manages to show emotion and she shows she isn't entirely a bad person either. We need to see more before judging her fully IMO.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just finished it.

It outcaged David Cage at storytelling and emotion, honestly.

9/10. Can't wait for the remaining episodes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Are you cereal? I may be a bit weird in the fashion department, but I know about virtual girls.

You know you have hella bad taste.

EDIT:
Max saying butterfingers instead of bullshit left me scratching my head at first.

ike_

No way! Despite seeming like a bit of a spacey addict Chloe comes off very smart and strong, she is going all the way in this game. <3

Maligna

Banned
Has this Twin Peaks easter egg from the trailer already been discovered?
10676252_10153097203204439_986458091812589518_n.jpg

Luigi87

Reading the journal, Blackwell Academy is a school that is only for Grade 12 high school students.

Played through it this morning. Really enjoyed it! The dialouge is pretty cringe-worthy at times, but I can forgive that when everything else is so well done. Can't wait for episode 2!

Haxxona

Banned
I dont know I kinda liked her "dont give a shit" attitude which is justified against Max for not contacting her in years.
But then again I love Max because she is like a description of me 8 years ago but as a boy instead of a girl.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say I really love the atmosphere and presentation of this game, there's not many like this that make you feel immersed in a fascinating world. Also this is the first hands on with a game in Unreal 4 and I am really digging what can be achieved with this. It seems the sky's the limit for aesthetics. I can't wait for more!

Filben

Pretty much this:
I am... on the fence about her. I neither like or dislike the character, at the moment, although I think there are plenty of reasons to like her so far.

It's just too early and we got to know her while she's being pissed about Max. As for Max I totally love her. That girl in RL? Would date 10/10.

Chloe seems really weird for a "punk" character. It's jarring knowing people IRL who enjoy punk, dress the same, etc, but don't resemble her personality at all. It played way too safe to the rebellious step-daughter and what not so when those punk aspects came in it was cringe worthy.

Chloe seems really weird for a "punk" character. It's jarring knowing people IRL who enjoy punk, dress the same, etc, but don't resemble her personality at all. It played way too safe to the rebellious step-daughter and what not so when those punk aspects came in it was cringe worthy.

I thought she's just some emo/"light punk"/core girl, not a real punk.

Whoah, back up, Warren.

Isn't it four days ago? I remember reading a message from her mum, where she congratulates her that was send "four days ago". I might be wrong.

Oh, it was four days ago. I thought they were sent that day. Also her father congratulates her. And there's a bd card.

LegendX48

There are 10 :p I can help you out if you want but first choose the episode and look where you missed taking photos

I know a couple I missed, gonna explore a bit more later and see if I can find the rest.

I have to say I really love the atmosphere and presentation of this game, there's not many like this that make you feel immersed in a fascinating world. Also this is the first hands on with a game in Unreal 4 and I am really digging what can be achieved with this. It seems the sky's the limit for aesthetics. I can't wait for more!

wait, I thought it was done on unreal 3?

Max is the most likeable and coolest protagonist I have played for quite some time. She's just so cute. You can really empathise with her and having her comment on pretty much every interactive thing in her head gives her some great character development. Seriously can't wait for March!

13randO

Just finished episode 1. Really, really impressed. First time I've gone in blind on a downloadable title and actually felt it to be worthwhile in a long time.

It does so many things right. I hope the rest of it maintains the same level of quality.

Kinda, yeah. I was pretty cheesed when
she throws you under the bus when her step dad finds the spliff. I was like, "Nah, imma just stay in this closet next time."

Top Bottom