• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Cloudy

Banned
Is there a timer? I think it took me about 3hrs but I'm not sure

edit: Looking at a text from someone I got right after I started, it was more like 4. I talked to everyone and stopped to appreciate the music a lot :)

trinest

Might be surveillance stuff from him. Also the only character right now that seems paranoid to be recording people its him so it might be linked to him. Just a random guess.

I feel like all the
surveillance stuff will make him lead to been less of an antagonist and believing Max

Rembrandt

Banned
Squirrel is in the Campus, close to the Girls' Dormitory. There is that dude cleaning stuff, the Squirrel is close to a tree there. The bird is on the path to the lighthouse.

Edit: Beaten

By the way, where is the broken skateboard photo spot?

It's right after you talk to the principal. Talk to the skaters, rewind time, tell him you want to see a tre flip, bam.

milkham

really interested in this game but afraid to look more deeply into the thread.
is there any consensus about whether ps4 or pc version is better? or is there no difference?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I feel like all the
surveillance stuff will make him lead to been less of an antagonist and believing Max

That footage doesnt need to be from a bad or good character until the eventual reveal.

Kinsei

Banned
is there any consensus about whether ps4 or pc version is better? or is there no difference?

I have no clue about the PS4 version but there were no issues with the PC version for me. No frame drops or glitches.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
In my case I did. What was weird was that
if you pick the test after it anyway, she still gets pissed off even though you both just talked about it. Was expecting a new line of dialog.

There's nothing weird about it. You just talked about some topic that's sensitive to her, and she then decided not to talk about it after a while. And then you continue to pry about it when its obvious the topic is already over. of cause she'll be pissed.

Its like you got an extremely bad result for an exam, and your friend comforted you, knowing only that you have failed the exam. Then he goes to dig your bag and saw your exact result on the paper.

King_Moc

Banned

PC version ran great for me, plus I was able to downsample and at 60fps.

Violet_0

Banned
I think David is connected to this mess.
http://i4.minus.com/iuFWPIqt54kAp.png DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU FINISHED THE GAME
http://i4.minus.com/iKmIHt90cxlNV.png SAME AS ABOVE

my thoughts on some of the characters:
David - misguided, but I feel the game intentionally tries to paint him as a bad person. It seem he's trying to uncover some sinister machinations on the campus and he might be on Max's side after all.
Teacher - had an affair with Rachel, secretly or not so secretly has a thing for Max. Probably not as nice of a guy as she thinks.
Janitor - creepy, will be suspect in connection with the disappearance of Rachel later on but ultimately turns out to be a red herring.
Vortex club - know more about Rachel than they let on.

I think we need a spoiler/speculation thread

Squire

Banned
I played it this afternoon in a single sitting. I loved it. The music and the art direction are fantastic and the voice work is surprisingly solid, too. Max having voiced lines for every interaction is great. She seems like such a sweetheart and she is cute.
All the girls are very cute.

I'm a HUGE fan of Remember Me. LiS was on my radar, but I wouldn't say I was waiting with baited breath. Not because this isn't my type of thing (it actually really is), I've just been consumed by Dragon Age lately and I just bought Grim Fandango, too.

That worked in my favor though, since it set me up to go in with no hype. What a pleasant surprise this was today. It totally feels like a game by Dontnod, but at the same time, it has its own really strong personality and sense of self, just as Remember Me did.

I loved every bit of it. Bring on episode 2. Can somebody set me up with a Victoria avatar?

Dr. Buni

It's right after you talk to the principal. Talk to the skaters, rewind time, tell him you want to see a tre flip, bam.
Weird, I did that and the skater hurt himself, but the skateboard didn't break. Perhaps I rewinded time too soon? I will give it another try.

Thanks.
The clues aren't always the object. The target isn't a broken skateboard, it is a
broken skater.
Haha is that so? Thanks as well.

Kinsei

Banned
Weird, I did that and the skater hurt himself, but the skateboard didn't break. Perhaps I rewinded time too soon? I will give it another try.

Thanks.

The clues aren't always the object. The target isn't a broken skateboard, it is a
broken skater.

vypek

Saw some videos/streams of the game. Very interesting story so far. I'm curious about the files.

It looked like it had Kate's photo on it when you see the stats at the end. But what is actually in them? I suspect this is part of why Madsen (what I think the name of the security guard is) is hassling Kate. Does anyone know what is in them? Also, how you view them without dousing them in oil when they fall?

Kinsei

Banned
Saw some videos/streams of the game. Very interesting story so far. I'm curious about the files.

It looked like it had Kate's photo on it when you see the stats at the end. But what is actually in them? I suspect this is part of why Madsen (what I think the name of the security guard is) is hassling Kate. Does anyone know what is in them? Also, how you view them without dousing them in oil when they fall?

You rewind after you look at them to eliminate the evidence that you were there.

Choomp

Banned
Just finished it and thought it was pretty great. Love the style.
Max is cute.

A bit short, though, even for an episodic thing, though I have to go back and get the optional pictures I didn't get.

What happens if you don't
tell on Nathan to the Principal?

You should do some more walking around and talking to people, the atmosphere and people in the world make it worth it.

Only problem I had really was the lip-synching, it was pretty hard to ignore how bad it was. Hopefully the game goes the direction Im thinking.

vypek

You rewind after you look at them to eliminate the evidence that you were there.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks :)

I thought it was impossible to look at the photos when they were spilled. Didn't know you could view them.

Seems really interesting. I might have to buy the season pass of this game.

ike_

Ah, gotcha. Thanks :)

I thought it was impossible to look at the photos when they were spilled. Didn't know you could view them.

Seems really interesting. I might have to buy the season pass of this game.

Reminds me of when I was like how the fu
ck do I heal this bird? Several rooms later: oh yeah, damn, maybe rewinding?

Rembrandt

Banned

Thanks.

Haha is that so? Thanks as well.

Yeah, it's the skater, not the board.

I'm planning on that for my optional photo run.

You can't make decisions, though, idk if that matters to you or not.

To everyone that didn't let the kid sketch you, what encouraged that decision?

Dr. Buni

Alright, episode finished and all photos taken. Lovely game, I tell you. Is there anything else to do aside from starting a new file making different decisions?

When I saw the choices post-game, I was like what kid. Also, (speculation)
between the kid putting the picture of Max online if he draws you and getting Victoria to take your picture down if you comfort her, maybe something down the line will happen to Max if she has a photo online.

cafemomo

hella goty
hella goty
YwcsXC3.png

ike_

I won't deny it was his appearance that made me bail out of the conversation. When I saw this guy sitting under the tree I was like wot and walked away.

But something pulled me back. The guy seemed sincere and I actually kind of wanted to see how that could possibly end up messing up my playthrough, so I let him draw.

Filben

I think we need a spoiler/speculation thread
There was one about The Wolf Among Us at the official forums and Steam's. It's a great idea to speculate on the upcoming events without flooding this OT with spoiler tags all along.

BTW, everytime someone says "sinister" I have to think of the movie with Ethan Hawke which totally creeps me out. That "sinister" face in that movie... shivers down my spike.

Violet_0

Banned
There was one about The Wolf Among Us at the official forums and Steam's. It's a great idea to speculate on the upcoming events without flooding this OT with spoiler tags all along.

BTW, everytime someone says "sinister" I have to think of the movie with Ethan Hawke which totally creeps me out. That "sinister" face in that movie... shivers down my spike.

I think we had a spoiler thread for every Telltale game since TWD1 (not sure about Borderlands) here

Taruranto

>Your choice will have consequences

Ahah, yeah. You are not fooling me Telltale DONTNOD Entertainment.

Played a bit. Seems ok, although full voice pretty much kills any potential the rewind feature has.

Has this Twin Peaks easter egg from the trailer already been discovered?

This better mean there is an Alan Wake cameo coming.

As long as we hit the trifecta with some Deadly Premonition.

tumblr_ncd58o5aqs1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

After finishing episode 1 of Life is Strange, I realized I'm a sucker for mysteries regarding some girl in some town in Washington.

I'm looking forward to how the rest of the season plays out.

Top Bottom