• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Ambitious

Stick with your choices. It's better that way.

You can always rewind and try a different choice, but I would not recommend ever reloading your save file or restarting an episode, at least until your first complete playthrough is done.

Alright then. I'm sticking with my choices.
I was about to start episode two, but apparently I had forgotten to put episodes 2-5 into my download queue. Bummer. My PSN download speed is still slow as hell, so I'll continue tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity, are you guys looking forward to Vampyr, Dontnod next AAA game?

I only played a bit of Remember Me, it was ok I guess, not sure the premise of this one call my attention, but I'm definably keeping my eyes open

Chariot

Just out of curiosity, are you guys looking forward to Vampyr, Dontnod next AAA game?

I only played a bit of Remember Me, it was ok I guess, not sure the premise of this one call my attention, but I'm definably keeping my eyes open
Yes, of course. They clearly know what their strengths are, seeing how they concentrated on them in LiS after Remember Me.

spekkeh

Banned
Bleh this final episode is way too sappy. Everytime I talk to someone I immediately regret it, because you get locked into too much exposition and melodrama.

CHC

Working my way through Episode 3 now. The jump in quality is really noticeable, from the end of 2 onward. I didn't mange to
save Kate :-(
at the end of 2 though.

I'm really liking the tone of 3 and the characters it focuses on. Definitely some feels eating breakfast with Joyce and seeing the receipt in David's car from when he met her.

This is a great game.

Less so, mainly because of the setting--vampires aren't really my thing, though early 20th century is at least more interesting than the obvious choices of Victorian or Twilight-esque modern-day. The settings of Remember Me and Life Is Strange were both right up my alley, though, so the streak had to end sometime. Will probably still pick it up once I hear more.

spekkeh

Banned
So I thought the last episode got way too melodramatic for its own good. I always had a bit of love/hate with the voice actress of Max, but they hammed it up way too bad during the storm. Took me out of it.
I did really like the
last choice
. Thought that was interesting and poignant. So ultimately it rounded it off very well for me.

So I thought the last episode got way too melodramatic for its own good. I always had a bit of love/hate with the voice actress of Max, but they hammed it up way too bad during the storm. Took me out of it.
I did really like the
last choice
. Thought that was interesting and poignant. So ultimately it rounded it off very well for me.

Well it's the final episode so they are not holding anything back. I though most of the long conversations and monologues while a tad melodramatic were really effective. I love Hannah Telle as Max, she is a big reason I'm so invested in her character and the game overall. Most of the voice acting is excellent, which help with some of the rough spots of the dialogue.

Choomp

Banned
Bleh this final episode is way too sappy. Everytime I talk to someone I immediately regret it, because you get locked into too much exposition and melodrama.

I agree completely, from what I've played of the last episode. I also think
Jefferson's character took way too much of a harsh turn, I was expecting him to be more of a soft spoken weirdo and he basically just turned into adult Nathan Prescott from what I've seen.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I finished Episode 5 and feel completely empty now. Just like I thought. Not because it was bad, but because I'm gonna miss playing this, and talking with you guys. Incredible experience all around.

I wonder if Dontnod can make Season 2 better than 1, because it's just magical for me.

Steamlord

Well, I finished Episode 5 and feel completely empty now. Just like I thought. Not because it was bad, but because I'm gonna miss playing this, and talking with you guys. Incredible experience all around.

I wonder if Dontnod can make Season 2 better than 1, because it's just magical for me.

Well, it won't have the characters we already know and love, but on the other hand DONTNOD will have a lot more experience under their belts to iron out the flaws present in Season 1, and they'll probably have a considerably higher budget as well. So I'm hyped for another season.

rdytoroll

Can anyone recommend me some albums that are similar to the Soundtrack? I don't really listen to this kind of music, so I have no idea. This slow, melodic music really fits this time of year.

Nuke Soda

Can anyone recommend me some albums that are similar to the Soundtrack? I don't really listen to this kind of music, so I have no idea. This slow, melodic music really fits this time of year.

Modest Mouse- Good News for People who Love Bad News

It is a maybe honestly, some of the songs sort of remind me of some of the stuff from Strange, I am actually surprised non of their music was in the game. Even if it isn't what you are looking for Float On is a pretty damn amazing tune.

Death Cab for Cutie, Bon Iver, Alt-J, Real Estate, Local Natives, Daughter, The Civil Wars, Sharon Van Etten

rdytoroll

Modest Mouse- Good News for People who Love Bad News

It is a maybe honestly, some of the songs sort of remind me of some of the stuff from Strange, I am actually surprised non of their music was in the game. Even if it isn't what you are looking for Float On is a pretty damn amazing tune.

Death Cab for Cutie, Bon Iver, Alt-J, Real Estate, Local Natives, Daughter, The Civil Wars

Thanks! I'll check those out.

Grisby

Fun fact: It is impossible not to kick back and chill when that song is on.
Yep. I feel like I'm automatically transported to my truck on a long drive with the full moon hanging overhead.

Damn good song.

And praise LIS for introducing me to a lot of new songs.

chadskin

Artists, not albums, but give them a listen:

Alexi Murdoch
Angus & Julia Stone
Cocoon
Damien Rice
Fleet Foxes
Glen Hansard
Gregory Alan Isakov
Horse Feathers
Iron & Wine
Lisa Hannigan
matt pond PA
Mojave 3
The Mostar Diving Club
Patrick Park
The Sea The Sea
Wild Child

edit: Forgot to mention "The Head and the Heart"

I'm finally getting to this game after dotaGAF bullied me into buying it, and I'm glad I'm playing it. I have some problems with the dialogue and the game loses me at times, but god damn it has some really bone chilling moments. Currently about an hour into episode 4 and on track for a GOTY consideration.

I wanted to ask, is it possible to replay an episode and redo choices by selecting 'play episode' (rather than 'continue') from the main menu? Will it remember the choices I made in previous episodes? I ask this because there are two choices I made in episode 3 that I think I misjudged the consequences for. If these really play out like I fear, I might consider redoing that episode.

EDIT: hmm, I think I'm gonna stick with my choices anyway.

I'm finally getting to this game after dotaGAF bullied me into buying it, and I'm glad I'm playing it. I have some problems with the dialogue and the game loses me at times, but god damn it has some really bone chilling moments. Currently about an hour into episode 4 and on track for a GOTY consideration.

I wanted to ask, is it possible to replay an episode and redo choices by selecting 'play episode' (rather than 'continue') from the main menu? Will it remember the choices I made in previous episodes? I ask this because there are two choices I made in episode 3 that I think I misjudged the consequences for. If these really play out like I fear, I might consider redoing that episode.

EDIT: hmm, I think I'm gonna stick with my choices anyway.

when you hit 'play episode' on a certain episode it should ask you if you want to save what you're about to play on a new save file. it should remember your choices on that save file from then on.

i think.

dottme

I've just finished it today and I join the other. A really, really good game.

It is one of the best of the year. And at the end, they say it is season one. So I have hoped for a season 2. :) I cannot wait.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was massively put off by the end of episode two, so I only just now got around to 3-5 after hearing some good things, and yeah, wow. They really improved as they went along. I'm really, really impressed (and by impressed I meant I was kind of moved by it).

I still have some fundamental issues with the superpower hooks from a storytelling perspective (the rules were generally "whatever we feel like to make the situation feel a little more dramatic"), but it was never end of episode two level egregious.

I can't wait to see what they do next.

I was massively put off by the end of episode two, so I only just now got around to 3-5 after hearing some good things, and yeah, wow. They really improved as they went along. I'm really, really impressed (and by impressed I meant I was kind of moved by it).

I still have some fundamental issues with the superpower hooks from a storytelling perspective (the rules were generally "whatever we feel like to make the situation feel a little more dramatic"), but it was never end of episode two level egregious.

I can't wait to see what they do next.

What were your issues with Ep.2? It's fine if you didn't like it, I'm just curious.

About to buy the whole season on PS3 after half a year of hearing good thing about the game and playing (and liking) the demo months ago. But before I buy it I gotta ask: has there been any talk about the possibility of a physical release?

About to buy the whole season on PS3 after half a year of hearing good thing about the game and playing (and liking) the demo months ago. But before I buy it I gotta ask: has there been any talk about the possibility of a physical release?

I think someone asked a dev about it and they basically said it's possible but there was nothing planned. That was awhile ago so I'm not sure. I would still go ahead and buy it. It's fantastic and worth every penny.

Paganmoon

Rumored to be announced during PGW.

It's a very light rumor though, Dontnod will be there, and people were speculating why they'd be there if the last ep is already released. Could very well be to do publicity push for last episode, but who knows.

Yeah I can see them just being there to tell people the last episode is out. Personally, I would love a physical release that came with a soundtrack or a physical copy of Max's diary.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I've finished Episode 2 moments ago and can't wait to see where this will go in the next Episodes.

The only thing I don't like about the game is: Max saying something right after making an important choice. I want to make up my own thoughts about the choice I've just made and not Max go "I'm not sure that was right, I should probably rewind" or something similar.

Paganmoon

I've finished Episode 2 moments ago and can't wait to see where this will go in the next Episodes.

The only thing I don't like about the game is: Max saying something right after making an important choice. I want to make up my own thoughts about the choice I've just made and not Max go "I'm not sure that was right, I should probably rewind" or something similar.

She says that no matter what choice you make iirc.

jonjonaug

I kind of hated the indicators in the upper left hand corner showing up all the time, particularly the butterfly. I'd rather rely on my own intuition for things like that and would have turned it off if the game let me.

I kind of hated the indicators in the upper left hand corner showing up all the time, particularly the butterfly. I'd rather rely on my own intuition for things like that and would have turned it off if the game let me.
I know what you mean, but at the same time I appreciated the unintentionally funny moments it provided, like:

*waters plant*

THIS ACTION WILL HAVE CONSEQUENCES

"what"

*imagines a dystopian future where plants have taken over human society as a result*

*questions everything*

Jackpot

Banned
I feel like there should be a new OT now that all episodes are out.

As someone who played through half the first episode and decided to wait it out for full release, how were the 5 eps as an ensemble?

Top Bottom