• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Manu

That's a nice job, English is good.

I did a review too.
I don't know if this is the place but if anyone could give me some pointers that'd be nice, I could tell it definitely needs some work and I'll be reviewing the rest of the game.

I like it, but I'm not sure if you can keep that style for the rest of the episodes.

But as a standalone piece it's really good.

Choomp

Banned
I like it, but I'm not sure if you can keep that style for the rest of the episodes.

But as a standalone piece it's really good.

Yeah, as soon as I wrote it I figured it'd be hard to keep that up for the rest of the game, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Also thanks :)

Persona7

Banned
I just realized the only mistake I made in my playthrough was not erasing kates board...I must have walked by it without noticing.

Just finished Episode 1 after buying it earlier today. Did originally start with just the trial but by the time that finished, I knew I'd just have to buy the entire season.

Not exaggerating when I say that this is one of the best experiences I've had with a game in some time. Love the narrative, love the game play, love the choices and love the atmosphere overall.

I just hope the devs release the subsequent episodes at a steady rate.

Reedirect

LiS will have a panel at PAX East on March 6th, including some information on "what you can expect from Episode 2 and give you an exclusive first look at some of the new areas you’ll explore and some key characters you’ll meet along the way."

EP2 release date announcement coming sometime around March 6th then?

Choomp

Banned
LiS will have a panel at PAX East on March 6th, including some information on "what you can expect from Episode 2 and give you an exclusive first look at some of the new areas you’ll explore and some key characters you’ll meet along the way."

Hot stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a date out of that. Damn, I really wanna be at PAX East. :(

I'm going ahead a betting for a March 13 release for episode 2 (which marks exactly 6 weeks since ep1)

lil

Awwww I wanna go! I'll be in Boston that day too lol.

Valkrai

Just played this today. Totally glad I went through Episode 1.

I was in shock when I found out about Juliet's abortion, how cold Victoria is especially with Rachel's missing poster in her room. I'm really suspicious of her, especially that threat she gives you when you make fun of her. I'm also worried that if you don't help Kate in Episode 1, she'll commit suicide or something.

Persona7

Banned
Ok, so if I start at the dormitories and make the change I have to complete the rest of the episode to make it stick? and everything before that point sticks as well?

voodooray

Ok, so if I start at the dormitories and make the change I have to complete the rest of the episode to make it stick? and everything before that point sticks as well?

Correct. If you already completed the episode, you have the option to replay from a chosen area onwards, even in a new save slot, so you will need to finish it again.

Voyevoda

I was in shock when I found out about Juliet's abortion, how cold Victoria is especially with Rachel's missing poster in her room. I'm really suspicious of her, especially that threat she gives you when you make fun of her. I'm also worried that if you don't help Kate in Episode 1, she'll commit suicide or something.

It's Dana, not Juliet.
But yeah, it just changes this whole high-school atmosphere (where you basically see them as big kids), into something real, with real serious problems and choices.

Valkrai

It's Dana, not Juliet.
But yeah, it just changes this whole high-school atmosphere (where you basically see them as big kids), into something real, with real serious problems and choices.

Oops, had their names mixed up.
It shocked me how fucked up situations got in Arcadia Bay. I'm wondering if anything will happen to Nathan (either getting killed off or arrested).

Voyevoda

Oops, had their names mixed up.
It shocked me how fucked up situations got in Arcadia Bay. I'm wondering if anything will happen to Nathan (either getting killed off or arrested).

About Nathan....
I honestly think that he might kill himself at some point in the game. Too much pressure coming from everyone + he's got a gun = RIP in peace.

Valkrai

About Nathan....
I honestly think that he might kill himself at some point in the game. Too much pressure coming from everyone + he's got a gun = RIP in peace.

Possibly that.
I was thinking that Kate was going to try and commit suicide. Maybe that event doesn't happen if you help her as much as possible in Episode 1. So far I'm not really thinking that will happen to Nathan but it's a possibility. I think it could be possible that Chloe on the train tracks may be Nathan's doing somehow and Max could somehow get him hit by the train and save Chloe.

Shauni

Woah, so I bought this yesterday on a bit of a whim and finished the main story, but I didn't see/hear anything about
Dana's abortion
. Damn. How do you get that piece of info?

Valkrai

Woah, so I bought this yesterday on a bit of a whim and finished the main story, but I didn't see/hear anything about
Dana's abortion
. Damn. How do you get that piece of info?

In Dana's room, there's a few key points of interest. Near the computer, there's a positive pregnancy test. Once you interact with it, Dana will be mad at you but you can use it as a dialogue option when you rewind. She also hints that Logan was the father and that she was pregnant but not anymore.. You can also find an appointment slip to a Planned Parenthood-like building that adds up.

Edit: Just fixing some typos.

Shauni

In Dana's room, there's a few key points of interest. Near the computer, there's a positive pregnancy test. Once you interact with it, Dana will be made at you but you can use it as a dialogue option when you rewind. She also hints that Logan was the father and that she was pregnant but not anymore.. You can also find an appointment slip to a Planned Parenthood-like building that adds up.

Wow, really like the little details like that in games.

Disgraced

You know what this game's missing?

Acne.

I'm shit serious.

Though, I suppose that's what every high school set drama since the dawn of their existence has needed, aye?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Ants

So, having played through this, I liked it overall, but I do have one big complaint. The game tells you you retain your inventory, and, in certain cases, this is even true. However, you DON'T retain pictures you took, which I think is bullshit. There's no reason photographs should be exempt from the logic the rest of the items in the game are. That's probably my one major gripe with the game. Otherwise, I really like the change to add
time travel
to the TellTale formula. I think that
being able to see the immediate and surface reactions of the decisions you make, but not the long-term ones, is pretty great.
I think it especially helps for stuff like how when you say pick an option based on text and the dialogue doesn't really match your intent, not that I've really seen this happen in this game. It's also really nice for people who
want to exhaustively see all the content a game has to offer
, who would usually be put off by this type of game.

I'm a big fan of the characters. I know some people might groan at the dialogue, but I think it's pretty accurate to how some of these people would talk, and pretty self-aware. I think my favorite instance of this is when the janitor says
"How can you know a prism? You just stare in awe. . . Now I have to go paint windows."
I think the juxtaposition of pretentious dialogue to the mundanity of that dude's next objective is so encapsulatory of who he is. A lot of characters have dialogue you'd cringe at, but the creators seem pretty aware of it. I said a lot of stupid shit when I was in high school, too, and these kids are in some bullshit pretentious artist private high school, so you know they're gonna be extra lame.

Speaking of characterization, I like what's been done with Chloe.
You see her truck at first and you're like, "Wow, nice parking, douchebag." and then you find out its her truck and she saves you and you're grateful. Then she is kind of a bitch in the car but she seems to forgive you, so you're like "Oh, it's just best friend hazing. We're cool." And then when her step-father busts in, you have the option to lie for her and say the joint was yours. At first, I wanted to defend her from being hit. Then, I tried not hiding at all, and if you do that, Chloe will immediately sell you out and say it was your joint, not hers. As soon as that happened, I was immediately not willing to defend her. I didn't think she'd be that kind of person, but she is. Fuck her for blaming me for not backing her up.
I think the huge variance in the way the game makes me feel about her over time is awesome.

I eagerly await the next episode.

lil

Speaking of characterization, I like what's been done with Chloe.
You see her truck at first and you're like, "Wow, nice parking, douchebag." and then you find out its her truck and she saves you and you're grateful.
Wait
THAT WAS HER TRUCK!?!? Okay, now I extra don't like her. hah.

joe2187

Banned
Not a big fan of these types of games (David Cage, Telltale Im looking at you!)

But I enjoyed every minute of it, kept me engaged constantly and I think I clicked on every single bit of flavor text in sight....I couldnt help it.

I like that fact that you could delve into Max's memories by interacting with certain items/places.

Ricker

Finished this last night...I might restart with Save 2 because theres a few things I missed and I am not sure why...I guess when the second episode comes out I will have the option to use either of my saves....?,but I loved it,can't wait for the rest.

Like when
Chloe's step dad comes up,I couldn't hide,when I opened the closet,things fell and I couldn't hide,tried the bed and couldn't,window did nothing so he saw me

Persona7

Banned
Finished this last night...I might restart with Save 2 because theres a few things I missed and I am not sure why...I guess when the second episode comes out I will have the option to use either of my saves....?,but I loved it,can't wait for the rest.

Like when
Chloe's step dad comes up,I couldn't hide,when I opened the closet,things fell and I couldn't hide,tried the bed and couldn't,window did nothing so he saw me

Do you want the solution to that part?

Top Bottom