• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Fantastic...

The translation I did with some guys to spanish have been taken down by someone. I received a mail from MEGA saying that the .zip with the files of the translation have been deleted. Not only the translation but even the files for the other translators.

What the hell...

It's possible they used an automatic file recognition algorithm to delete the episode 2 leaks and your translation got blacklisted too somehow, it wouldn't be the first time that happened and it's quite plausible since you're technically redistributing game files. Either that or they actually don't want any kind of fan translation, but I personally think that's unlikely, the accidental blacklist is way more likely in my opinion.

So I just tried the demo, loved pretty much everything about it, but I'm not sure, if I can wait couple weeks/months for all episodes. By that time I'm sure there will be some sale on Store.

Also when music started playing for the first time
, sogood.gif

Such a great moment,
I love how they integrated it with Max's headphones too.

--R

Banned
It's possible they used an automatic file recognition algorithm to delete the episode 2 leaks and your translation got blacklisted too somehow, it wouldn't be the first time that happened and it's quite plausible since you're technically redistributing game files. Either that or they actually don't want any kind of fan translation, but I personally think that's unlikely, the accidental blacklist is way more likely in my opinion.

Nope, this is Square Enix asking MEGA to takedown the translations. A friend who translated the game received a takedown notice too, he sent an e-mail to Dontnod and they replied this.

"We fully support our fans to translate the game but will need to discuss if this can be done officially for Square Enix.

We will see what is possible but as I said we fully support fans making translations."

That was a month ago. I uploaded it to pomf.se and I'll wait for an e-mail.

^ Huh, so yeah, Dontnod is fine with it but SE isn't, it's a shame. Maybe they have more translations in the work? I did find some references for other EU languages like Italian, but it could be some remnants of Remember Me (there are some "sensen" entries too after all). Either way I don't see why SE would be against the idea, maybe because you can actually read most of the story in those files? Here's hoping they'll allow it once the full game is out since I was actually working on a translation myself.

Platted Remember Me a few weeks back and so I'm definitely ready for another outing with the Dontnod crew. Hopefully SE gets back on track with pushing these eps out in a timely manner because I'm probably not going to touch LIS until they are all out. Still, really looking forward to playing it!

laG8a1C.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I doubt DONTNOD will ever pull a Telltales...

Still, Revelations 2 is just blowing everyone else away in how you should approach episodic gaming. New episode per week is just perfect.

New EP per week sounds like the game was finished and cut it into pieces tho. Still good but something seems weird there.

New EP per week sounds like the game was finished and cut it into pieces tho. Still good but something seems weird there.

Well it depends. If the game was developed to be played episodically like Revelations, cutting it up/releasing a new episode per week instead of the whole game in one go wouldn't feel off.

It'd also help to keep attention on the game for upwards of 5 weeks or more. That can be a near impossible task for any single player game these days...

Choomp

Banned

Bayo the Chloe avatar's gone already!? Disloyal jabroni

Gotta get that release date. Don't even mention Tales from the Borderlands here cause I could totally see a similar thing happening, both had an awesome episode one.

Sorry if my notes are a bit clustered. They didnt want phones out to record the second episode we played. So im quickly jotting my thoughts while in line for a game.

They started off with the Trailer for first episode because alot of people hadnt played it in the audience.

Game was almost called What If or Butterfly

They worked with Square enix because they gave the devs full creative control and let
them make the game they wanted.

We then played a segment of episode 2 together. It was actually really fun and everyone was shouting out answers. The most controversial choice was choosing between an
Omlette or waffle.

I wont leave spoilers, but if you PM me i can tell you more about what we played. Sadly, the game ran extremely sluggish. It was so ugly at one point the devs themselves couldnt help but laugh. Im talking >10 fps throughout most of the demo. Also, the terrible lip synch is back in full effect. Im really hoping they fix these things up before they drop the second episode.They were very reassuring it was coming out this month. Again, im sorry my thoughts are so scattered. I will add more later, im really crunched on time here.

Oh yeah they also gave me two steam codes for episode one. If you pm me i can send them off

Yeah, episode 1 was near perfect. Pretty worrying that episode 2 is sounding to be a bit of a mess. Wonder what happened behind the scenes...

I actually don't care about the poor lip sync. Just make sure the episode isn't a technical mess. Delay it if there's no other option, just don't release a broken mess that seems like it's from Telltale games...

Sorry if my notes are a bit clustered. They didnt want phones out to record the second episode we played. So im quickly jotting my thoughts while in line for a game.

They started off with the Trailer for first episode because alot of people hadnt played it in the audience.

They worked with Square enix because they gave the devs full creative control and let

We then played a segment of episode 2 together. It was actually really fun and everyone was shouting out answers. The most controversial choice was choosing between an
Omlette or waffle.

I wont leave spoilers, but if you PM me i can tell you more about what we played. Sadly, the game ran extremely sluggish. It was so ugly at one point the devs themselves couldnt help but laugh. Im talking >10 fps throughout most of the demo. Also, the terrible lip synch is back in full effect. Im really hoping they fix these things up before they drop the second episode.They were very reassuring it was coming out this month. Again, im sorry my thoughts are so scattered. I will add more later, im really crunched on time here.

That's cool stuff, thanks! I do expect that it won't be sluggish upon release but I don't have high hopes for the fixing of lip sync (at least for episode 2), but would love to be pleasantly surprised! It's good though, that they still expect it to come out this month.

Here's an article from Gamespot regarding the panel. Very similar to what you said Hysterical.

Choomp

Banned

Omlette or waffle.

Oh yeah they also gave me two steam codes for episode one. If you pm me i can send them off

Thanks so much for these, PAX sounds like the most fun thing ever as usual, hopefully I'll go one day.

"What If.. Butterfly" ambiguous and angsty-sounding, just like the game I guess, love it still. Can't wait for episode 2.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Cool Stuff

Good info, thanks for sharing these. Hopefully the technical issues are resolved soon; I'm ready for more.

This game wasn't really even on my radar, but I picked it up based on impressions here. So glad I checked it out.

Choomp

Banned
Good info, thanks for sharing these. Hopefully the technical issues are resolved soon; I'm ready for more.

This game wasn't really even on my radar, but I picked it up based on impressions here. So glad I checked it out.

Same here, I mean it was kind of on my radar but it really snuck up on me and surprised me. I can't wait for episode 2.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bayo the Chloe avatar's gone already!? Disloyal jabroni

Gotta get that release date. Don't even mention Tales from the Borderlands here cause I could totally see a similar thing happening, both had an awesome episode one.

It will return soon tho.

lil

Thank youu Hysterical! I'm definitely nervous about the framerate, but hopefully they'll fix it by release. :/

also, #teamwaffle

Choomp

Banned
Jeez guys, episode 2 is close! Get hyped! .... ?

Alright, this thread needs some fun, so I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm doing it.

Chloe's song

Warren's song

Yeahhh.. So Max's song would just be Obstacles cause GOAT meets GOAT? I don't know.

Danj

Omlette or waffle.

I hope we get to take a photo of whichever one we choose.

GavinUK86

God dammit bumped thread!

Thanks for the PAX info though. The game won't have issues like that when it's released that's for sure.

Top Bottom