• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Valkrai

... I get the feeling it's the latter considering I haven't heard the news of a trailer before...

i+hate+everything.gif

I'm disappointed. Damn it Bayonetta, why'd you get our hopes up? :p

IIRC in the leak that text from Chloe came while you were still outside the Diner, not after entering it

The frame-rate doesn't seem so bad here? Does it get worse later on or were the drops overblown?

There was likely more shown than those videos--
the choice between omlettes and waffles came later in the leak.

MikeDown

Banned
Went back and played episode 1, each time I sympathize a tad more with Chloe's dad. I mean what he does and how he acts is still dick-ish, but I wonder if he
suffers from any sort of PTSDs that would make him so paranoid.

Choomp

Banned
Went back and played episode 1, each time I sympathize a tad more with Chloe's dad. I mean what he does and how he acts is still dick-ish, but I wonder if he
suffers from any sort of PTSDs that would make him so paranoid.

You know what, me too. Guy certainly acts strict to extent where he comes off as a bad person, but I felt like he's actually a decent guy and has kind of been wrecked as of late. I don't think Chloe's mom would get with someone who's genuinely like that. That's why I really loved the ending.
Pretty much everyone who appeared in the game is shown reacting to the snow in some kind of surprised fashion, so you can kind of sympathize with them all for once. It was just a really human moment all around, beautifully crafted too with what was shown and the music as well.
I think that's what I wanted to say...

Reedirect

Which is interesting because the leak ran just as well as the original game for me.

Really? Because that was the reason I stopped playing the leak and decided to wait for the actual release. Frames were dropping for me like crazy in the diner scene. The Gamespot gameplay videos already look much better FPS-wise, so it'll probably be fine.

Anyway, enough leak talk. Next week's EGX panel will be live streamed and archived. Probably no release date there, but hey, I'm in for an extended version of Hysterical's great PAX round-up :)

Just grabbed the demo not that long ago and fell in love with this game, the demo ended on such a cliffhanger I had to buy the first episode + the season pass. I'm so excited for episode 2!

I love the breakdown of choices and how you stand up against other players.
I didn't notice any pregnancy test so I missed that, also didn't water my plant. I did save the bird though which I noticed a majority of players didn't! :( rip little blue

antitrop

Finished episode 1 today. Love the soundtrack, loved the ending, beared with it for the rest. I'm anticipating the second episode, though, they hooked me.

Staf

Just finished episode 1 and absolutely loved it. Great music, great characters and it really hooked me. This is my first game of this kind, not a fan of zombies or game of thrones, and this is the first game where choices and consequences really felt satisfying. The choices were good and the consequences felt naturally envowen into the story and not forced like any of the Bioware games.

I shouldn't be surprised it is made by the guys who made Remember me which, aside from the mediocre combat, was a great game. I hope this is a success and we see similar games in the future. Can't wait for episode 2!

wouwie

I'm a bit surprised that the developers are still working on Episode 2. I would have thought that they would have at least one or two additional episodes completey ready/finished when the first episode is released? It must be stressful to develop episodic games at this pace.

I hope episode 2 is released soon. Ever since finishing the first episode, i've been looking forward to the next one.

soultron

Banned
I'm a bit surprised that the developers are still working on Episode 2. I would have thought that they would have at least one or two additional episodes completey ready/finished when the first episode is released? It must be stressful to develop episodic games at this pace.

I hope episode 2 is released soon. Ever since finishing the first episode, i've been looking forward to the next one.

It could be that EP2 failed Sony and/or MSFT cert, meaning they'd have to fix issues and resubmit. If they were already coming in hot on their first or second sub to 1st parties, being rejected could wreak havok on their release schedule.

jcm

It does sort of seem like they've set themselves up to crunch for 36 weeks. I hope that's not the case. That's a tough way to live.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I still believe they are making significant changes on Episode 2 after most of it leaked.

The entire episode leaked the thing was the performance was all over the place, there were some missing effects, textures, animation, some subs out of sync but anyone could play from start to finish from what I saw on youtube. They must be polishing mostly the performance and finishing stuff that needed to be done that wasn't done with the unfinished version which depends how its worked on can take some time to get it to the desired results.

The entire episode leaked the thing was the performance was all over the place, there were some missing effects, textures, animation, some subs out of sync but anyone could play from start to finish from what I saw on youtube. They must be polishing mostly the performance and finishing stuff that needed to be done that wasn't done with the unfinished version which depends how its worked on can take some time to get it to the desired results.

Any idea when it will be out?

You know what, me too. Guy certainly acts strict to extent where he comes off as a bad person, but I felt like he's actually a decent guy and has kind of been wrecked as of late. I don't think Chloe's mom would get with someone who's genuinely like that. That's why I really loved the ending.
Pretty much everyone who appeared in the game is shown reacting to the snow in some kind of surprised fashion, so you can kind of sympathize with them all for once. It was just a really human moment all around, beautifully crafted too with what was shown and the music as well.
I think that's what I wanted to say...
The ending was superb.
Reminded me of Magnolia, where the film cuts to all the protagonists singing to the same song.

Mikeside

Just played through episode 1.

This game has a great vibe - the atmosphere is great, it is (in places) gorgeous, even if not the most graphically impressive game I've played.

I love the music - would be good to get a hipster soundtrack vinyl once the whole thing is out. Also the voice acting is very good. You don't often get voice acting this good in AAA games with huge budgets for voice actors, so it's great they've got this right.

Most of all, the story so far is intriguing - I'm very interested to find out a bit more about what's going on (I won't go into more detail for those who haven't played yet)

They've laid great foundations for loads of great minor characters too - I hope they flesh a lot of those out in coming episodes.

Do we know if there are already plans for this to go beyond the 5 episodes they're working on now?

Mikeside

The plans are these 5 episodes but the developers Dontnod are interested in continuing with the game if it does well.

Excellent. I really hope it does - if further episodes expand on what's already here, this could be something really incredible.

The only thing I would change so far (other than shoving TressFX on everyone's hair), I'd quite like an option to take away the 'THAT WAS AN IMPORTANT DECISION YOU JUST MADE' text that comes up, as I'd rather like to be surprised by what does and doesn't have consequences later on in the game.

After looking at the post-playthrough statistics, I think I might go through it again - I missed out on a lot of the side stuff.

system11

I'd like them to allow us to turn off the chromatic aberration rubbish, it was the sole thing I didn't like about episode 1. That effect really messes with my eyes, extremely uncomfortable.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Excellent. I really hope it does - if further episodes expand on what's already here, this could be something really incredible.

The only thing I would change so far (other than shoving TressFX on everyone's hair), I'd quite like an option to take away the 'THAT WAS AN IMPORTANT DECISION YOU JUST MADE' text that comes up, as I'd rather like to be surprised by what does and doesn't have consequences later on in the game.

After looking at the post-playthrough statistics, I think I might go through it again - I missed out on a lot of the side stuff.

I'm fine with the hair as it is as that fits the aesthetic of the game and as for the that was an important decision its fine cause it seems not everything is so black and white with what you pick so what might have been the best decision at the time it could bring the consequences later that will make you regret the decision.

Mikeside

I'm fine with the hair as it is as that fits the aesthetic of the game and as for the that was an important decision its fine cause it seems not everything is so black and white with what you pick so what might have been the best decision at the time it could bring the consequences later that will make you regret the decision.

This is true, but I'd still like the option to not see

For example (happens in Chloe's house)
if you see the CCTV at Chloe's house, it tells you it will have consequences. Now I've got some idea of what's going to happen in the next episode or two - her step-dad is going to see that I've seen the CCTV or something like that - I'd rather be kept in the dark as to whether I've stumbled upon something

Again, I'm nitpicking.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The plans are these 5 episodes but the developers Dontnod are interested in continuing with the game if it does well.

I hope they don't extend the storyline just for the sake of more content.

Valkrai

Season 2 could be an entirely different cast and situations and keep thing separate.

I'm hoping it's either a completely new location, a prequel (Maybe with Rachel being playable), or a sequel. I'm perfectly fine with any type provided it fits well with how this game will end or if the writing is decent enough.

Top Bottom