• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Aahhh of course it has to release on the day I freaking fly to Japan, making my LIS PS4 season pass useless as I won't return until all episodes are out :p

Anyone know where I can find the best deal for the Steam season pass? I'll have to try and play it on my Surface Pro 3. I'm in Europe btw.

Really excited for ep 2 though! :D Here's hoping it's as good as ep 1 (or better!)

Green Man Gaming with this code JBTBG5-7GVTE8-W2YXRV gives you a 20%.

GavinUK86

I'm really looking forward to playing episode 2 after the last few days of raging with Hotline Miami 2. Need a nice chilled game to relax. Can't decide whether to replay episode one though. Don't want to burn myself out on it.

lil

Couldn't care less about Bloodbath, give me Life is Strange :)! Can't wait.

Reila idk where your avatar is from but it's gorgeous!!

With UC4 delayed, I dunno if anything's gonna top LIS this year. (NMS?) EP 2 would have to really go downhill for that to happen.

Couldn't care less about Bloodbath, give me Life is Strange :)! Can't wait.

No hype for Bloodborne? What is this madness?

And UC4 has been delayed? What? I... kinda figured that would happen since the footage shown didn't exactly blow me away (visually I mean, it looked awesome from a gameplay POV though).

I really dig Chloe's shirt. Wouldn't mind that in an American Apparel slim fit cut

Dr. Buni

I don't have a PS4. I have no doubts the game will be great, but I am not buying any consoles other than the Wii U this generation, so... yeah. It is not madness, it is a preference.
Reila idk where your avatar is from but it's gorgeous!!

With UC4 delayed, I dunno if anything's gonna top LIS this year. (NMS?) EP 2 would have to really go downhill for that to happen.
Thanks a lot, lil! It is a artwork from Xenoblade Chronicles X, a game which I am looking forward to play!
g_img_tsukamoto01.jpg

I don't have any either. I mean, I don't have a PS4, and haven't played any of the Souls games, so I don't know, I guess it makes me immune to the hype?

Madness.

Sometimes life is strange.

Madness

I'm not bothering with Bloodborne either. Don't like any of the Souls games.

Madness
Actually, you have a Saga avatar as well, you're probably alright lol

I don't have a PS4. I have no doubts the game will be great, but I am not buying any consoles other than the Wii U this generation, so... yeah. It is not madness, it is a preference.

Thanks a lot, lil! It is a artwork from Xenoblade Chronicles X, a game which I am looking forward to play!

Oh, you have a Wii U? All is well. Carry on lol

lil

And UC4 has been delayed? What? I... kinda figured that would happen since the footage shown didn't exactly blow me away (visually I mean, it looked awesome from a gameplay POV though).

I really dig Chloe's shirt. Wouldn't mind that in an American Apparel slim fit cut
Waiting for the spider report. I'm a mega arachnophobe, lol.

Spring 2k16. :(

Wooow, the full image looks amazing! :eek:

LOL. wasn't it Neiteo who made a whole thread dedicated to that creepy spider hanging from a tower? How did you play Demon's? There's a giant spider boss in that game

Well then... I guess I still have Zelda to look forward to?

In before Zelda is delayed :l

What have you guys been playing while waiting for the next ep? I've just been jumping in between Majora on 3DS and Hotline Miami 2. There's been such a dearth of generally appealing console titles for me thus far

Montresor

I also am not getting Bloodborne - I don't have a PS4 and I'm not interested in that game at all. March 24th is Life Is Strange day for me. Can't wait for more selfies, sad faces, and top keks.
I do plan on getting a PS4 for Uncharted, Last Of Us, etc... but I'm not into Souls games

I usually don't post about things I'm not buying but now that this release date has been announced it's like anything related to Episode 2 of Life Is Strange (whose genre and style are quite different from Bloodborne) has been inundated with "Same day as Bloodborne??!!?!?"

Reedirect

The EGX panel was also pretty cool. Gameplay bit aside, it was to interesting to hear the thought process Dontnod went through when creating Max. Tying her fondness of old things (polaroid camera, vinyl records) to her not being able to completely move on from her childhood, Chloe and Arcadia Bay, rather than using it to extend her hipster persona.

lil

LOL. wasn't it Neiteo who made a whole thread dedicated to that creepy spider hanging from a tower? How did you play Demon's? There's a giant spider boss in that game

Well then... I guess I still have Zelda to look forward to?

In before Zelda is delayed :l

What have you guys been playing while waiting for the next ep? I've just been jumping in between Majora on 3DS and Hotline Miami 2. There's been such a dearth of generally appealing console titles for me thus far

lmao, that spider didn't look a lot like a spider though, it was the eyes that freaked me out. I didn't. :p For the record though, I BEAT Armogohma.
somehow.

Ha hahaHA I'VE BEEN PLAYING DAI. FUNNY THAT. I've only seen one spider so far though and I shut my damn console off.

I was able to pick up a buncha floppies when my LCS closed down. Sucks that they went out of business but I was able to catch up from issue 16 all the way to the current one for practically nothing. Haven't read any of em just yet, but I'm looking forward to spending time with it.

lmao, that spider didn't look a lot like a spider though, it was the eyes that freaked me out. I didn't. :p For the record though, I BEAT Armogohma.
somehow.

Ha hahaHA I'VE BEEN PLAYING DAI. FUNNY THAT. I've only seen one spider so far though and I shut my damn console off.

Zelda is, or rather, was, a surprisingly creepy series. I miss that eeriness from OoT and Majora, (gotta love Skulltula house lol) and TP, although not my favorite by a long shot did have that in spades. Not sure that the next one will retain any of those qualities, but here's to hoping. Never played any of the Bioware RPGS before, but I've heard good things about them, and especially DAI

It does indeed!

Of course, I couldn't miss on Xenoblade Chronicles X... Whenever it is released in the west.

Oh, and I am playing BioShock, among other things.
That artwork does look amazing. It's too bad the actual game is going for the creepy shoujo porcelain doll aesthetic :l

I went out and bought a copy of Xenoblade for the Wii back when it was super hard to find just to have it as a uh... I dunno collector's item? I also heard it was an excellent game, but I just found it hard to get into. Actually, it sounds totally shallow, but I had a hard time playing through some Wii games due to the awful resolution. I owned both the Wii and the PS3 concurrently, but the super jaggies and muddy textures kept me from appreciating some titles... which is utterly stupid considering how much I loved the PS2/GCN era :l

Oh man, I love Bioshock... I know that Infinite is quite divisive, but it left a lasting impact on me. The world in that game is just incredible, and is something I wish more games would chase rather than trying to recreate boring ol' reality

Choomp

Banned
Oh man, I love Bioshock... I know that Infinite is quite divisive, but it left a lasting impact on me. The world in that game is just incredible, and is something I wish more games would chase rather than trying to recreate boring ol' reality

I replayed BioShock about a week ago and I still think it stands up as a great game. The story, atmosphere, and antagonist(s) are all top notch. Big issue for me again was the final act, it dragged on way too long and it wasn't that enjoyable. That
Little Sister portion was like pulling teeth, screw that.

I guess if we're talking about this I've been enjoying Hotline Miami 2 a whole lot these past few days, but it's starting to test my will with the game's difficulty. Last night while I was on the final floor of a level the game just crashed on me toward the end. I was pretty pissed, this is a selling point for digital goddamnit!

Anyway, I'm really excited for the next episode of LiS. I don't really know much besides there's some sort of diner scene and a train thing, but I hope we spend some more time at Blackwell too. Hopefully it's up to episode one's standards, around ep2-4 sometimes these episodic things start to lack.

Dr. Buni

That artwork does look amazing. It's too bad the actual game is going for the creepy shoujo porcelain doll aesthetic :l

I went out and bought a copy of Xenoblade for the Wii back when it was super hard to find just to have it as a uh... I dunno collector's item? I also heard it was an excellent game, but I just found it hard to get into. Actually, it sounds totally shallow, but I had a hard time playing through some Wii games due to the awful resolution. I owned both the Wii and the PS3 concurrently, but the super jaggies and muddy textures kept me from appreciating some titles... which is utterly stupid considering how much I loved the PS2/GCN era :l

I think it looks fine, specially compared to how the original Xenoblade looks (the characters look bad, but the game is so good you quickly forget about this little issue). Plus, it is on the Wii U (a rather weak system) and most of the system's resources are being used in other aspects of the game (the gigantic world, etc). On top of that, I think the incredible (YMMV) character design makes up for any imperfections in the models. But to each their own.

The original Xenoblade is really really good. I finished it last month and it is one of my favorite games of all time, no doubts. You should consider playing Xenoblade on Dolphin, that is what I did. The game looks miles better when emulated. Playing it on the Wii - or worse, on the New 3DS - doesn't make justice to how good most of the ares of the game look.

I am enjoying BioShock (...after I stopped using guns and decided to use only plasmids and the wrench). Rapture is an amazing location!

GavinUK86

I was able to pick up a buncha floppies when my LCS closed down. Sucks that they went out of business but I was able to catch up from issue 16 all the way to the current one for practically nothing. Haven't read any of em just yet, but I'm looking forward to spending time with it.

That sucks. Totally off topic but it's definitely one of the best comics on the market right now. So, so good. You should check out comic called Revival some time. Another one of my ongoing favourites.

I replayed BioShock about a week ago and I still think it stands up as a great game. The story, atmosphere, and antagonist(s) are all top notch. Big issue for me again was the final act, it dragged on way too long and it wasn't that enjoyable. That
Little Sister portion was like pulling teeth, screw that.

I guess if we're talking about this I've been enjoying Hotline Miami 2 a whole lot these past few days, but it's starting to test my will with the game's difficulty. Last night while I was on the final floor of a level the game just crashed on me toward the end. I was pretty pissed, this is a selling point for digital goddamnit!

Anyway, I'm really excited for the next episode of LiS. I don't really know much besides there's some sort of diner scene and a train thing, but I hope we spend some more time at Blackwell too. Hopefully it's up to episode one's standards, around ep2-4 sometimes these episodic things start to lack.

I haven't played Bio 1 since it first came out, but I recall being absolutely taken by the atmosphere. It and Infinite were two of the most uniquely absorbing games to me. I'll always love the series for that and its narrative ambition alone even if the games were ultimately flawed.

Hotline 2 is something else ain't it? I spent like 2 hours in the prison alone just trying to nail the combo God achievement. It was like the worst and best thing haha. I think madly replaying sections taught me that the actual game isn't terribly bad once you've learned the layouts inside and out, cause if you pace yourself, it's not too troublesome. It's trying to play at a breakneck pace in order to land combos where things get very frustrating

I think it looks fine, specially compared to how the original Xenoblade looks (the characters look bad, but the game is so good you quickly forget about this little issue). Plus, it is on the Wii U (a rather weak system) and most of the system's resources are being used in other aspects of the game (the gigantic world, etc). On top of that, I think the incredible (YMMV) character design makes up for any imperfections in the models. But to each their own.

The original Xenoblade is really really good. I finished it last month and it is one of my favorite games of all time, no doubts. You should consider playing Xenoblade on Dolphin, that is what I did. The game looks miles better when emulated. Playing it on the Wii - or worse, on the New 3DS - doesn't make justice to how good most of the ares of the game look.

I am enjoying BioShock (...after I stopped using guns and decided to use only plasmids and the wrench). Rapture is an amazing location!

I had no idea that there was a player create feature. That's pretty odd. I dunno, for a story focused game I guess. I've never played the Xeno games. Good point on Dolphin. I think the Wii wouldn't have fared so poorly from a graphics POV had it supported HD output since a lot of the First party output looks pretty brilliant from the Dolphin shots I've seen.

Rapture is indeed awesome. It has a sort of twisted theme park feel to it. I would've loved to see what Gore Vidal could have done with it had they been able to secure the hard R rating.

That sucks. Totally off topic but it's definitely one of the best comics on the market right now. So, so good. You should check out comic called Revival some time. Another one of my ongoing favourites.

Yeah I'm a big fan of BKV due to reading Y all those years ago. I enjoyed Ex Machina as well, but Saga is pretty special. Last great comic I read was Locke & Key. Outstanding series. I've heard good things about Revival. I actually made it a point to seek it out at my LCS but they unfortunately didn't have back issues on hand so I picked up the latest issue for a buck LOL. Will have to look into it.

Choomp

Banned
Hotline 2 is something else ain't it? I spent like 2 hours in the prison alone just trying to nail the combo God achievement. It was like the worst and best thing haha. I think madly replaying sections taught me that the actual game isn't terribly bad once you've learned the layouts inside and out, cause if you pace yourself, it's not too troublesome. It's trying to play at a breakneck pace in order to land combos where things get very frustrating

I really didn't think they'd be able to come close to what the original had but in terms of soundtrack and story they really outdid themselves again. Sadly, I'm horrible at the game and I don't think I'm even halfway through yet. I haven't been utilizing any patience of mine, and I haven't had too much time to play, but I'm still enjoying the game a lot. Okay but just to emphasize the soundtrack is crazy good. I didn't think they'd ever be able to put something together like that again after the first.

Menome

I've just finished a re-run of Episode 1 to re-do a couple of choices and grab bits I missed beforehand. I thought the files in the garage were going to be
about the proposed surveillance system for the school, but the fact that it's a portfolio of photos of Kate was a bit jarring. Given that the very last shot of the episode is folders with girls' names on, I think Kate may end up being the next in a line of 'runaways'.

March 24 is cool for episode 2. There's some extended footage on Twitch of the episode, looks like we have a much larger area to explore this time around, didn't watch more than a few minutes though.

sin2sin

Neo Member
My favourite game of the next gen so far! My sisters also love playing it on their accounts when I buy these episodic games so they will be very excited at this news!

Choomp

Banned
March 24 is cool for episode 2. There's some extended footage on Twitch of the episode, looks like we have a much larger area to explore this time around, didn't watch more than a few minutes though.

Oh that sounds wonderful. I'm not going to spoil anything for myself but a larger area is a great thing to hear.

ike_

I'm so excited for episode 2. 24th really can't come soon enough!

Me too. I was so excited when I saw the 2+gb download on Steam earlier last week. I got my drinks in a row for this weekend and was ready to buckle in not realizing the flag wasn't going to be raised on the game until next week. :/

Me too. I was so excited when I saw the 2+gb download on Steam earlier last week. I got my drinks in a row for this weekend and was ready to buckle in not realizing the flag wasn't going to be raised on the game until next week. :/
Oh no! :( I was really hoping it'd release this week instead of next week. I've played episode one at least a dozen times. I love how the game just sucks you in and how freely you can explore. Episode 2 is supposed to expand on the exploration so I'm very excited. What were your choices in episode 1?
if you don't mind me asking

jrush64

Banned
I opened the PSN store on PS4, saw the game on the front page and bought the season pass without even knowing anything about the game. Best purchase this year so far.

Man was I impressed. I wish there were more games like this.

ike_

Oh no! :( I was really hoping it'd release this week instead of next week. I've played episode one at least a dozen times. I love how the game just sucks you in and how freely you can explore. Episode 2 is supposed to expand on the exploration so I'm very excited. What were your choices in episode 1?
if you don't mind me asking

Welp if you really want to know about my 4 major decisions <3 ;-)

I
reported that asshole to the principal since the principal is pretty impotent and he can't really do anything either way.

I
comforted Victoria since she is clearly the character that will stab us the hell in the back but will eventually have a change of heart after it is too late.

I
took the photo of Kate & Dave since photo evidence of a fucking molester is worth more than verbal evidence.

And I
took the blame for Chloe since I couldn't figure out where to hide.
Plus Chloe seems like the kind of person I would risk it all for. ;-)

Welp if you really want to know about my 4 major decisions <3 ;-)

I
reported that asshole to the principal since the principal is pretty impotent and he can't really do anything either way.

I
comforted Victoria since she is clearly the character that will stab us the hell in the back but will eventually have a change of heart after it is too late.

I
took the photo of Kate & Dave since photo evidence of a fucking molester is worth more than verbal evidence.

And I
took the blame for Chloe since I couldn't figure out where to hide.
Plus Chloe seems like the kind of person I would risk it all for. ;-)

Woah! I can't believe
you reported him. I would be scared to especially after he confronted you in the parking lot.Since I chose hide the truth and he was still pretty aggressive towards Max/you I can just imagine how he would have been if he found out you actually told.

As for Victoria, I chose to
comfort
her because I feel she
deserves a second chance. We'll see if I was right or wrong in the second episode I'm sure.

As for Kate she's my favorite character in the game so far, she reminds me of myself in a lot of aspects. So naturally I
stepped in and told David to stay away from her! I would have liked to take the picture (which I did initially) but she was so upset I decided to rewind so I could make her happy. :)

I'm not sure how I feel about Chloe right now, I feel like she could be the greatest person in the game or the worst person in the game. Only time will tell how I really feel. Oh, and I
stayed hidden in the closet because I wanted to see if David was really a jerk in general or just towards me. :p

Also,
I think David is actually gonna turn out to be a good guy. I feel like they're purposefully putting him out to be the "evil step-dad" when he is just a little harder than most due to combat and he's actually just trying to look out for Chloe but he doesn't know how to display affection properly due to combat and because he doesn't have kids of his own (?).

Oh yeah and one important question:
Did you save the bird?!

lil

SuperSakura, I had the same choices except for the first! The consequences have been
a bit worse so far for that one, but we'll see.

Top Bottom